• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
I'd take Duster over everyone to be honest. Just imagine that epic move set.
Yeah ! He could ground ennemies with his staplers and kick them while theyre- Wait, that's just Waluigi.

(For real though, duster would be sweet, he's the only party member that didn't get a 3d model :L)

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Do you guys think there will be another (or multiple) fighters pass? They found 30 character spaces in datamining but id like to hear other peoples opinions.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Do you guys think there will be another (or multiple) fighters pass? They found 30 character spaces in datamining but id like to hear other peoples opinions.
I think so especially since the Season Pass is called Challenger Pack 1. It would be stupid for Nintendo and Sakurai to stop at just 5 DLC characters when the Switch is a much more successful and investful system than the Wii U. Ultimate should get more DLC characters than Smash 4.

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
I think so especially since the Season Pass is called Challenger Pack 1. It would be stupid for Nintendo and Sakurai to stop at just 5 DLC characters when the Switch is a much more successful and investville system than the Wii U. Ultimate should get more DLC characters than Smash 4.
Thats what i was thinking, although some said its because “there will be other types of packs for bosses and assist trophies” which is dumb, but hey. Adding more bosses isnt bad, just having to wait for the bosses and releasing them seperatly would be terrible.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Best answer I got is I hope.
I think so especially since the Season Pass is called Challenger Pack 1. It would be stupid for Nintendo and Sakurai to stop at just 5 DLC characters when the Switch is a much more successful and investful system than the Wii U. Ultimate should get more DLC characters than Smash 4.
The Season Pass isn't called Challenger Pack 1. That's the name for Joker + all his content. The Season Pass is just called the Fighter Pass.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Thats what i was thinking, although some said its because “there will be other types of packs for bosses and assist trophies” which is dumb, but hey. Adding more bosses isnt bad, just having to wait for the bosses and releasing them seperatly would be terrible.
I think maybe a Boss Rush mode will be in a future patch, but not in a Season Pass that's for sure.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
I don’t think we’ll get a boss rush since we already have one (technically in WoL) .
But as for multiple fighter passes, I’m kind of split since logically it would be a good idea to make another since Smash Ultimate and the switch are selling like hot cakes, however I feel like it would be an insane amount of work for a shrinking development team, and given how long Joker took I have a feeling they’re struggling a little

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I’m not paying for boss battles that’s content that should already be in the base game

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
No, he wasn't. Persona 5 released like three years ago and it's not coming to Switch. I think people need to accept not every new character is added to promote something.
This was before I did research. my bad >_> to be honest I was bummed that p5 isn't coming. They really made it look like it was. I guess that game just wont ever be portable.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Found this and thought I share! And you can acually go inside the capsule, but you can not go out again.
Screenshot_25.png

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
I thought tazmily could be the map if porky gets in. You could start on the building where the train station is turned into (where fassad talks in front of with salsa), then a delfino/ wuhu platform could take you in the air and back and it changes to the train station, then the thunder tower could shoot lightning as a hazard. Then the platform could take you to the roof of some houses, then back into the air and onto the starting building. Just a thought though

Also that guy is stupid, his reasons suck.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I thought tazmily could be the map if porky gets in. You could start on the building where the train station is turned into (where fassad talks in front of with salsa), then a delfino/ wuhu platform could take you in the air and back and it changes to the train station, then the thunder tower could shoot lightning as a hazard. Then the platform could take you to the roof of some houses, then back into the air and onto the starting building. Just a thought though

Also that guy is stupid, his reasons suck.
that would be awesome

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6-yzmcYqTM

I completly disgree with this and the reason itself. Link is for the whole rating video.
View attachment 214077
Billy is very bias when it comes to talking about certain characters. He gave Steve a 100% percent so he will look like a fool if Porky get's in and Steve doesn't.

Personally, I would give Porky a 25% percent chance or a 30% percent chance because the only thing I agree with Billy on for Porky's chances is that Mother 3 has to come out in the west this year for him to happen in Smash. I really believe Mother 3 is coming along with Porky in Smash this year.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Since we now know that Persona 5 isn’t coming to switch and Joker wasn’t added to advertise, I feel like this actually boosts Porky’s chances a tiny bit since we aren’t having to rely on Mother 3 being released to have him playable.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since we now know that Persona 5 isn’t coming to switch and Joker wasn’t added to advertise, I feel like this actually boosts Porky’s chances a tiny bit since we aren’t having to rely on Mother 3 being released to have him playable.
You could be right, but Mother 3 coming out in the west would boost his chances.

Neat ! We should show this to people that think that Porky can't bring anything new to the Mother Franchise :p Could you post the original template ?
Yep, we can show them what our King P can bring.

Pikmin-ism42

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I would give Porky a 25% percent chance or a 30% percent chance because the only thing I agree with Billy on for Porky's chances is that Mother 3 has to come out in the west this year for him to happen in Smash.
Didn't stop them from putting Lucas in Brawl and Marth/Roy in Melee. Porky's also appeared in EarthBound and Brawl, so I don't see the issue.

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Wasn’t there a guy who was making a 3D model of Heavily armed Pokey?
What happened to that guy?

Last edited:

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
Wasn’t there a guy who was making a 3D model of Heavily armed Pokey?
What happened to that guy?
I know there was someone making his mother 3 design for sm4sh, but that got canned a while ago. Id like to see a 3d model though.

funnaming

Smash Rookie
im a huge supporter of porky for smash! he's the only character i really want with all my heart and if he gets in ill go into shock lol.
this thread has probably got me way too hyped/convinced that he's gonna get in but it just makes too much sense...
if porky wasn't gonna be dlc they could've easily just made him a spirit and be done with it... but they didnt... the only way he's represented is with the ASC, and what's more, he isn't even in it! the absolutely safe capsule sprite in ultimate is the sprite before porky is in it.

and if that isn't enough, this is a spirit that is summoned, not fought, and to summon it, you need a mr. saturn and like 6 cores or something... nothing pig related is required to summon it at all. it's just weird.
if porky isn't in ssbu at all and he is just totally absent from the game, that would be so odd. this is the main reason that convinces me.

Tyl0r

Smash Cadet
A bit off topic, but are there any other mother characters you guys would like to see in smash?

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
A bit off topic, but are there any other mother characters you guys would like to see in smash?
Kumatora but you already know what happened to her.

I’m would like the Masked boy in the sense we would get MOTHER 3 representation, and only if Porky is in his earthbound incarnation

Zeox

Smash Champion
Top Bottom