• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Tomorrow is a direct so we may get a mother 3 reveal.
I feel like its a 15% chance that we get Mother 3 announced tmrw. BUT, February is the month of love, lucas' main pk attack (yes i know a stretch but thought i would mention it.)

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Just beat chapter 1 of Mother 3. Such a happy game, where only happy things happen.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I wish us the best pigbros

That’s it I give up **** Nintendo

These dudes will give us fire emblem after fire emblem, a remake of a Zelda that was ALREADY localized, and some generic animu rpg games, **** NINTENDO AND ITOI’S PASSIVE ASS

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
I wish us the best pigbros

That’s it I give up **** Nintendo
was a disappointing direct to say the least. Atleast we got mario maker and links awakening coming to switch.

EDIT: the saddest thing is that when you look up mother 3 localization the only articles you see are that it got canceled.

Last edited:

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
What a bad direct. It had none of the three I wanted most. Nothing Pikmin, Fzero or Mother related. They mostly showed us things that we already knew were coming to the switch and a bunch of ports. Way to start the 2019 hype Nintendo. The new games we did get were a bunch of stuff not many people were hyped about. Literally read the streams chat when those games were shown. We got no animal crossing news, no Pokemon news, no Metroid news or anything people wanted to see most. Lastly, ok I know that we didn't have to get a character reveal but cmon, it didn't even show that much stuff about Joker.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
What did you expect? Too soon for any Mother news, they made clear that the focus was "Fire Emblem and other games", so a lot of japanense RPGs.
Zelda Remake and Mario Maker 2 were nice surprises, and hey, Deltarune one the Switch, that's cool.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
We have until July if nothing happens in these five months it’ll be official we won’t get Porky in smash or MOTHER 3.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
We have until July if nothing happens in these five months it’ll be official we won’t get Porky in smash or MOTHER 3.
Yup, we have to be ready for that reality if it occurs. It'll be a tough pill to swallow, but I've been waiting for Mother 3 for 11 years. Some people may think this is the best chance/time Mother 3 has of getting localized, but I can recount multiple times when people thought the same thing years ago. There's still time, but I hope none of you guys 100% expect something to happen. You'll get burned.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
What did you expect? Too soon for any Mother news, they made clear that the focus was "Fire Emblem and other games", so a lot of japanense RPGs.
Zelda Remake and Mario Maker 2 were nice surprises, and hey, Deltarune one the Switch, that's cool.
i think the main reason people are bummed is because of every time a random Japanese rpg popped up its more of the same

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Mother 3 is a rpg...

[Edit] I just don’t get it, Reggie is aware of our demand, Sakurai enjoys the series, and with Undertale and Deltarune’s success ( I hate those games ) WHAT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE THEM STILL NOT PORT IT OVER DO THEY HATE MONEY OR SOMETHING!

Last edited:

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Mother 3 is a rpg...

[Edit] I just don’t get it, Reggie is aware of our demand, Sakurai enjoys the series, and with Undertale and Deltarune’s success ( I hate those games ) WHAT COULD POSSIBLY MAKE THEM STILL NOT PORT IT OVER DO THEY HATE MONEY OR SOMETHING!
Simple localization is too hard. Even if they just slap on a T rating it would still be controversial. Dont forget GTA was once judged because they had an unaccesable sex scene in the coding. Some people will complain about it no matter the context

Simple localization is too hard. Even if they just slap on a T rating it would still be controversial. Dont forget GTA was once judged because they had an unaccesable sex scene in the coding. Some people will complain about it no matter the context
Definitely different situations but I think it's still a decent example

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
For me, the direct was a mixed bag. I don’t really care about all the JRPGs as I’m really burned out over RPGs at the moment.
No Bayonetta 3 was kinda lame but Mario maker 2 and Deltarune made me much happier than I should have been haha.

I feel like Mother 3/Porky in Smash/etc would be announced at the E3 summer direct and if that doesn’t happen or if FE character #8 gets in before that, then I’m closing up shop

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Imagine a remake of all the Mother games in the same style as the Link's Awakening remake.

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
Imagine a remake of all the Mother games in the same style as the Link's Awakening remake.
I wish Itoi would just release a remake of one of them and watch the sales. I just don't think he's aware of how much people actually like the series.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I wish Itoi would just release a remake of one of them and watch the sales. I just don't think he's aware of how much people actually like the series.
Considering the legal hurdles Nintendo had to jump through just to rerelease EarthBound and EarthBound Beginnings more-or-less as-is on the Wii U Virtual Console, actually remaking and updating the Mother games would require breaking through ludicrous amounts of red tape.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
This isn't really a "theory" but rather a question. What will Porky be like 5 billion years?
Completely insane, possibly unable to speak or comprehend anything going on around him. I mean think about it, he's going to be spending all those years in isolation. Human to human interaction is what keeps people grounded.

I wanna start a topic, so here's an idea. What is your favorite Mother theory?
Honestly I like the idea of Ninten being Ness' dad even tho it's not possible. It would just explain a lot. Giygas was born with PSI, George learned it, Ninten received it through George's genes. How did Ness get PSI? Through Ninten's genes.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Completely insane, possibly unable to speak or comprehend anything going on around him. I mean think about it, he's going to be spending all those years in isolation. Human to human interaction is what keeps people grounded.

Honestly I like the idea of Ninten being Ness' dad even tho it's not possible. It would just explain a lot. Giygas was born with PSI, George learned it, Ninten received it through George's genes. How did Ness get PSI? Through Ninten's genes.
Wait, why not?

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
I wanna start a topic, so here's an idea. What is your favorite Mother theory?
My favorite would have to do with the unused bosses in mother 3. There's really only 2 theory's one being that all of them were supposed to be used during the masked man fight to represent how Lucas views the masked man throughout the fight. The second is it being a form of Gigaus although i think somewhere its been stated that Gigaus was never planned to be in Mother 3. Also if I had to choose a least favorite it would be that Porky is Gigaus or that Porky was evil in Mother 3 to try and prevent a cycle. Both have interesting premises but have way to many holes and things that don't add up.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I won't stop believing in our Pig King until the ride is over.

My own Theory is that Mother 1 Giygas was the inspiration for Mewtwo.
I think a lot of people including myself already thought that. The resemblance is as clear as day and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
This isn't really a "theory" but rather a question. What will Porky be like 5 billion years?
Still the same kid at heart!

I think a lot of people including myself already thought that. The resemblance is as clear as day and it wouldn't surprise me if that's true.
Yeah, you are problaby right about that many think that.

My favorite would have to do with the unused bosses in mother 3. There's really only 2 theory's one being that all of them were supposed to be used during the masked man fight to represent how Lucas views the masked man throughout the fight. The second is it being a form of Gigaus although i think somewhere its been stated that Gigaus was never planned to be in Mother 3. Also if I had to choose a least favorite it would be that Porky is Gigaus or that Porky was evil in Mother 3 to try and prevent a cycle. Both have interesting premises but have way to many holes and things that don't add up.
I like that one the masked man fight too! Have you seen the video someone made, remaking the fight with those sprites in the background?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Koizumi better let Itoi have the Link's Awakening engine to soup up a whopping Mother trilogy remake
because the remake literally looks like an Earthbound game done in 3D

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Still the same kid at heart!

Yeah, you are problaby right about that many think that.

I like that one the masked man fight too! Have you seen the video someone made, remaking the fight with those sprites in the background?
Ya it's super nice. That same person also made mole cricket a difficult boss. I loved how overhyped he was in the game then goes down in one hit.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
There’s a theory that Lucas and Claus maybe Ness and Paula’s or Pickys and Tracy’s descendants

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
one of my pet peeves is when people call Porky Pokey. Im guessing its because they only played Earthbound and not Mother 3 but like cmon, almost everything you see about him has Porky in it, not Pokey.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
one of my pet peeves is when people call Porky Pokey. Im guessing its because they only played Earthbound and not Mother 3 but like cmon, almost everything you see about him has Porky in it, not Pokey.
To be completly honest, I kept switching between the two names when playing through Earthbound, haha.

Top Bottom