• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

D

Deleted member

Koizumi better let Itoi have the Link's Awakening engine to soup up a whopping Mother trilogy remake
because the remake literally looks like an Earthbound game done in 3D
I'm praying for this to happen lmao.

Seeing the LoZ LA remake gave me a lot more hope for a Mother trilogy remake

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys reckon a Porky amiibo would look weird?
I was thinking about it today while unboxing my K Rool amiibo.
At first I felt like he might look strange but after a bit of thought I feel like he’d be okay since the amiibo sizes aren’t 100% akin to their in game sizes

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
At first I felt like he might look strange but after a bit of thought I feel like he’d be okay since the amiibo sizes aren’t 100% akin to their in game sizes
Think it really depends on how they would make him in game, but don't think an amiibo of him would be a problem. Just look at all the other amiibos that shouldnt work, but do!

Zeox

Smash Champion
Well, Waluigi's amiibo is bigger than bowser, the baby metroid amiibo is much bigger than the Samus Amiibo and let's not talk about Ridley's amiibo size.
In game, Lucas and Ness are the size of Bowser's head, but in amiibos they are almost as big as him.
Don't worry too much about Amiibos

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...ad-and-buried-game-kingdom-hearts-switch-talk

Read this you guys!

So to recap: several sources post that a long awaited, very hype game is coming that nobody expects. Then: Imran Khan says that that game can't be Mother 3 since it was scrapped. (I don't think that means anything, you decide.) Finally: here he is again saying it was a previously dead, killed game.

Let me ask you something. If it's Mother 64 with the new remake engine for Switch could you live with that?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
https://nintendoeverything.com/rumo...ad-and-buried-game-kingdom-hearts-switch-talk

Read this you guys!

So to recap: several sources post that a long awaited, very hype game is coming that nobody expects. Then: Imran Khan says that that game can't be Mother 3 since it was scrapped. (I don't think that means anything, you decide.) Finally: here he is again saying it was a previously dead, killed game.

Let me ask you something. If it's Mother 64 with the new remake engine for Switch could you live with that?
I’d do more than live with it; I’d thrive with it.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice

Read this you guys!

hm. thats strange but would Itoi like that to happen? He doesn't want any new games in the series.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
hm. thats strange but would Itoi like that to happen? He doesn't want any new games in the series.
He doesn’t want new games cool I kinda agree with him now that Giygas and Porky are both defeated who’s left to fight?, however what would be his problem with a 3D remake trilogy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
He doesn’t want new games cool I kinda agree with him now that Giygas and Porky are both defeated who’s left to fight?, however what would be his problem with a 3D remake trilogy.
It's moreso that the guy has other things to do than make games, given all the things he did in his life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shigesato_Itoi

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
i dont think that a remake of any of the games would bother him its just a completely new game (Earthbound 64) is something he wouldnt do

BoneyGazelle

Smash Cadet
Ya I've heard fans ask for a new game but honestly I would only want a faithful remake of the mother trilogy. Reason is my favorite part of Mother 3 is the story. It doesn't need to be added on to or expanded at all. It's already perfect and adding more to it would most likely just ruin it.

cinnabunny

Smash Rookie
i'm not sure if this technically counts as porky stuffs, but i just finished this sprite of a concept au where ness would be the villain instead of porky! of course in the mech. i have other sprites ( standing, walking ) too!! just thought i'd share.

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure if this technically counts as porky stuffs, but i just finished this sprite of a concept au where ness would be the villain instead of porky! of course in the mech. i have other sprites ( standing, walking ) too!!

That looks disgusting, Scary, Inconceivable all in one lol

Zeox

Smash Champion
i'm not sure if this technically counts as porky stuffs, but i just finished this sprite of a concept au where ness would be the villain instead of porky! of course in the mech. i have other sprites ( standing, walking ) too!! just thought i'd share.

That one is amazing, what's the reason for why Ness don't have eyes in the sprite with the spider mech? to make him look more scary or because there was no way of adding them without looking weird?

cinnabunny

Smash Rookie
That one is amazing, what's the reason for why Ness don't have eyes in the sprite with the spider mech? to make him look more scary or because there was no way of adding them without looking weird?
oh! i guess i tried to imitate porky's sprite? and i was thinking it would look weird if i tried to manage lol. i guess it makes him look scarier!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I really like that design, but imagine if Kirby swallowed Porky in his mech? Kirby would be inside his own little mech suit with wrinkles and Porky's grey hair... But wait then how would Kirby use any of his other attacks if he's in Porky's mech? What if Porky's neutral special has something to do with his mech?

Jeez thinking about Kirby swallowing Porky leads to a strew of problems...

Mr. Pacman

Smash Cadet
I really like that design, but imagine if Kirby swallowed Porky in his mech? Kirby would be inside his own little mech suit with wrinkles and Porky's grey hair... But wait then how would Kirby use any of his other attacks if he's in Porky's mech? What if Porky's neutral special has something to do with his mech?

Just use Bowser jr. as a reference. Kirby could just get porky hair and use whatever attack Porky would have from his mouth or arms.

Zeox

Smash Champion

I mean, not really, look at Kirby:

kirby-bowser-jr-587adc3b56c43.jpeg

He doesn't get the clown car after eating Bowser Jr., he just get the hair and is able to do the things that the clown car can do.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would prefer EB64 over the GBA Mother 3 if I had the option to choose between the two.

i dont think that a remake of any of the games would bother him its just a completely new game (Earthbound 64) is something he wouldnt do
Didn’t earthbound 64 eventually become mother 3?
Technically, Mother 3 for the GBA is actually a remake of the unreleased EB64.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Update to the "resurrected game" announcement:

It's for Scalebound. Yes, exactly. Scale what? It's some dragon riding fantasty game. Was gonna be for Xb One, cancelled, and now revived for Switch. He said it was a long awaited property that tons of fans have been talking about for ages, which just... no. Imran Khan is starting to get on my nerves and at this point I believe nothing he says. And when he says it's a leak you can trust that he's basically saying "listen close, I'm especially full of crap right now." He got people's attention which is clearly the only point of wording it the way he did.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman

It's for Scalebound. Yes, exactly. Scale what? It's some dragon riding fantasty game. Was gonna be for Xb One, cancelled, and now revived for Switch. He said it was a long awaited property that tons of fans have been talking about for ages, which just... no. Imran Khan is starting to get on my nerves and at this point I believe nothing he says. And when he says it's a leak you can trust that he's basically saying "listen close, I'm especially full of crap right now." He got people's attention which is clearly the only point of wording it the way he did.
mfw no Mother 3

Attachments

Zeox

Smash Champion

Scalebound? that's just 5 letters away from Earthbound! basically the same thing! woooh!

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Scalebound is a Platinum game though... after Astral Chain being one of my highlights of the last direct, I don't actually mind too much.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Scalebound, like Cuphead, Ori, and Gears 5, was of the rare breed of game that actually made me envy the Xbox playerbase.

Here’s hoping the Scalebound rumors are true. (Also personally hoping Microsoft just goes third party publisher, since they put out good games once in a while. They’d be like good EA!)

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Scalebound, like Cuphead, Ori, and Gears 5, was of the rare breed of game that actually made me envy the Xbox playerbase.

Here’s hoping the Scalebound rumors are true. (Also personally hoping Microsoft just goes third party publisher, since they put out good games once in a while. They’d be like good EA!)
Microsoft as a whole kinda wants the Xbox brand to die off

Zeox

Smash Champion
I found this over in the Isaac thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/asa97e/just_launched_the_second_state_of_switch_survey/

There are some questions about what game/series you want to see on the Switch, and one question about anything you want to add overall, and I stressed that many, myself included, would greatly appreciate a remake of the Mother series trilogy. Don't forget to do the same! :)
Done, already asked for old IPs, for Earthbound, and ended with a "please a Mother trilogy, remake or not, I don't care", thank you a lot for sharing it!

Top Bottom