• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
this has been said earlier in this thread, but porky would do much better as a fighter in his earthbound mech. He's younger, has more energy, and can express who Porky Minch really is. Not this old monster with the power of a god. (though you could argue that old man porky is who porky really is but whatever). Heavily Armored Porky would also allow porky to be more mobile around the stage, it just looks much more moveable than the bed mech.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
The art director of MOTHER 3 recently made this to celebrate Smash Bros. Ultimate PLS SAKURAI IM BEGGING YOU LET PORKY IN

Attachments

Last edited:

Erfly

Smash Cadet
this has been said earlier in this thread, but porky would do much better as a fighter in his earthbound mech. He's younger, has more energy, and can express who Porky Minch really is. Not this old monster with the power of a god. (though you could argue that old man porky is who porky really is but whatever). Heavily Armored Porky would also allow porky to be more mobile around the stage, it just looks much more moveable than the bed mech.
I think just in terms of design, it's simplicity makes it easier to translate on a smaller scale.
It'd be much harder to get the bed mech being a small, reasonable size without it looking busy or overcomplex.

Bed mech on the other hand was perfect for the brawl bossfight.

Last edited:

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
So I think I have fallen in the same group of people that acually wants and thinks Porky will be in smash. I havdnt acually played any of the games (really need to do that) but I have a big soft spot for villians and think we need more of them!

So get ready for 2019, YEAR OF THE PIG! (acually is)

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Do find it weird that both him and Giygas are missing as spirits, when I could easily see Mewtwo being used for spirit fight.

Zeox

Smash Champion
So I think I have fallen in the same group of people that acually wants and thinks Porky will be in smash. I havdnt acually played any of the games (really need to do that) but I have a big soft spot for villians and think we need more of them!

So get ready for 2019, YEAR OF THE PIG! (acually is)
You really should, I played them for the first time this year, both Earthbound and Mother 3, they are great games, they also love to make you waste your time and do dumb stuff so get ready to sit and relax in a lot of times, is also pretty hard until you start to have companions, but is all worth it.
I played Undertale before playing Earthbound and I must say, they are very, very similar in a lot of things.
Mother 3 is a game more focus in telling a story but still feeling like Earthbound, I recomend to only play Mother 3 if you already beat Earthbound before, NEVER play Mother 3 if you didnt play Earthbound, it makes everything more worth it.
Mother 1... I only recomend it if someone already beat Earthbound and Mother 3 and wants more, it is much harder

Erfly

Smash Cadet
Mother 3 work fine standalone imo, sure some things are improved and make a little more sense with previous game experience but it's not a whole lot.
Then again I'm someone who's been working through the games in backwards order.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Mother 3 work fine standalone imo, sure some things are improved and make a little more sense with previous game experience but it's not a whole lot.
Then again I'm someone who's been working through the games in backwards order.
No spoilers but there are some details of Mother 3 that have much more meaning and weight if you played Earthbound before.
Like the cinema or the hall of memories, specially this last one, if you didn't play Earthbound it will look like a bunch of random stuff, meanwhile and because I played and beat Earthbound just before Mother 3, it made me smile like a complete idiot.

Erfly

Smash Cadet
No spoilers but there are some details of Mother 3 that have much more meaning and weight if you played Earthbound before.
Like the cinema or the hall of memories, specially this last one, if you didn't play Earthbound it will look like a bunch of random stuff, meanwhile and because I played and beat Earthbound just before Mother 3, it made me smile like a complete idiot.
Yeee that's very fair, but that's what I mean by I think it's enhanced by the preious game, but not required, as the story for the most part is pretty standalone.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Everything’s corralling together right?

#1 He was a boss in brawl along with Ridley
#2 He’s the archenemy of one of the original twelve
#3 He’s not a boss or spirit (at least not yet)
#4 Next year is Mother’s 30th anniversary
#5 Next year is the year of the pig (Chinese Zodiac)
#6 Now this wonderful piece of art made by an official staff member of MOTHER 3

The stars are aligning my pigmask brothers

Zeox

Smash Champion
Found the absolutely safe capsule, but there is no fight, you have to summon it.

Basically, it asks for one Mr. Saturn spirit and 6 random spirits of defense, the reference being that it was with the help of the Mr. Saturns that the ASC was made, and the defense spirits, well, obviously, because that's for what the capsule is.
It doesn't asks you for any pig spirit or similar, so no reference to Porky.

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
Found the absolutely safe capsule, but there is no fight, you have to summon it.

Basically, it asks for one Mr. Saturn spirit and 6 random spirits of defense, the reference being that it was with the help of the Mr. Saturns that the ASC was made, and the defense spirits, well, obviously, because that's for what the capsule is.
It doesn't asks you for any pig spirit or similar, so no reference to Porky.
Some people are saying this is suppose to be Porky, but the thing is that even if it was, not many would get the joke or reference unless they played Mother 3. Even been told "But this is how he is canon wise in the lore" and I get that, but the fact he used to be a boss in Brawl and all the other bosses from all the Smash games have spirits, makes it just too weird that he's not there at all.
(Btw made a Porky Mii Gunner using this spirit, he really hard to kill, lol)

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
Some people are saying this is suppose to be Porky, but the thing is that even if it was, not many would get the joke or reference unless they played Mother 3. Even been told "But this is how he is canon wise in the lore" and I get that, but the fact he used to be a boss in Brawl and all the other bosses from all the Smash games have spirits, makes it just too weird that he's not there at all.
(Btw made a Porky Mii Gunner using this spirit, he really hard to kill, lol)
Also, there are spirit fights for every other boss from Brawl, including Rayquaza, Tabuu and Duon, yet this thing doesn't have a spirit fight, and the spirits used to summon it doesn't even hint to Porky.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Also, there are spirit fights for every other boss from Brawl, including Rayquaza, Tabuu and Duon, yet this thing doesn't have a spirit fight, and the spirits used to summon it doesn't even hint to Porky.
Because this particular spirit is ment to represent the capsule by ITSELF

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Because this particular spirit is ment to represent the capsule by ITSELF

Exactly and if it did represent Porky it would say Absolutely Safe Capsule (Porky) or something along those lines. It's basically the equivalent to something like Samus' gravity suit. Just because Samus was inside it doesn't mean the spirit represents her.

Rainami

Smash Rookie
recently I've been hyping so much over this guy. He's gotta make it in, right...? Right!?

add me to the support list

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
so how's the Porky mod going?
also has anyone come across a decent 3D rendition of M2 Porky's Heavy Armor?

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
i honestly wonder why there arent like any 3d renders of heavily armored porky..

Ninten DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
64-MarioyLuigi
3DS FC
2208-5212-2045
Switch FC
SW-4108-5996-9683
so how's the Porky mod going?
also has anyone come across a decent 3D rendition of M2 Porky's Heavy Armor?
The imgur album surely is out of date, so here's some recent progress:
Captura2.PNG
Captura3.PNG

Porkies.PNG

(The Brawl recolor was changed to the green team, by changing the mech, so now it's more of a reference to Jeff. The Brawl mech is planned to be used for the business suit alt costume)
ScreenCapture43.png

A new wait animation!
Here's some progress on moves, no animations for any of these yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31fGagmq12Y&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/ax1OH2KHJWw

I also wonder why no one has made an Earthbound Porky render yet, not even a model for the mech, which is quite sad, if not we'd have probably used the Earthbound mech for the moveset, I would have even been pleased to. The project is slowly progressing, and I'm a bit low on recolor ideas.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
The imgur album surely is out of date, so here's some recent progress:
View attachment 183842View attachment 183843
View attachment 183845
(The Brawl recolor was changed to the green team, by changing the mech, so now it's more of a reference to Jeff. The Brawl mech is planned to be used for the business suit alt costume)View attachment 183846
A new wait animation!
Here's some progress on moves, no animations for any of these yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31fGagmq12Y&feature=youtu.be
https://youtu.be/ax1OH2KHJWw

I also wonder why no one has made an Earthbound Porky render yet, not even a model for the mech, which is quite sad, if not we'd have probably used the Earthbound mech for the moveset, I would have even been pleased to. The project is slowly progressing, and I'm a bit low on recolor ideas.
keep the album updated, its a good place to look at whenever we wanna see progress!
especially those who might not wanna browse several pages on Smashboards to see the progress :p

Literally just saw this in a thread on /v/:
View attachment 183862
View attachment 183863
its' impressive as ****
that 3d model guy should be dropping here soon
but the signup process seems to be taking a while (gotta have an admin to verify you first, didn't know about this until now)

Lundcraft

Smash Apprentice
How do I join the Pig Mask Army btw? Not sure how things work here, still new to the boards c:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't it be phenomenal to get both Heavily Armed Porky AND Master Porky as the echo fighter sigh...one can only dream

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Gotta love how Salsa's spirit battle is Diddy Kong and Wario for Fassad

EDIT: I just read something that would be genius. So each character has their clapping/losing animation after each battle right, Porky's losing animation should be just him inside the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

Last edited:

TooManyToastahs

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2063-0575-6789
Switch FC
SW-8520-5670-4041
Hey everybody, just wanted to stop by and wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! It’s been great talking with you all, and I hope you have a great time this holiday :D

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Dropping in to wish you all a very merry Christmas from the UK!
It’s been wonderful finding so many new Porky supporters, for the longest I thought I was one of the only ones around.
This has been the best year yet for Porky’s chances what with all the speculation and evidence for his inclusion. Here’s to hoping 2019 is the year we finally get to play as the Pig King.
Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Stay strong Pigmasks!
“Spankety! Spankety! Spankety!”

Top Bottom