• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Porky Minch: The King of New Pork City

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I honestly don't expect any first party characters anymore, however something tells me that if there is going to be one, Porky may just be the one. Now THAT'd be unexpected.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
OMG you guys, the fight for the spirit of Ness's Dad is Ness with an invisible Snake defending him... brilliant.

There's also one with Flint where he's played by Snake. So funny how they made him the dad of Earthbound.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Funny enough, I used to have a friend that knew absolutely nothing about the characters in Smash Bros, and made hilariously out of character comics of the characters, with Lucas being the Son of Snake and Samus... Very strange stuff, but a fun memory.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Hello!

I played the Mother trilogy multiple times and I got to say, I love it! I loved the franchise as a whole and always dream a localization of M3! This gives a reason why I main Ness and used Lucas as a secondary!

Now since Ness and Lucas is in, I wanted a new EB rep right now! However, many were deconfirmed as either spirits, alt costumes, or Final Smashes. Kumatora is part of a FS, Masked Man is a spirit and an alt, Ninten is a spirit too alongside the rest.

While I am bummed about it, I saw that Porky is missing at Ultimate! Strange? While it may be noted that Porky is significant. There are some many obscure characters such as EVE, Ness' Father, and even flipping Buzz Buzz as spirit! That character who appeared briefly before being squashed by Porkey's mother thinking it was a dung beatle.

Also interestingly, Porky is also missing as a boss at Ultimate while rest of the Brawl bosses returned as actual characters and spirits. Leaving him out is interesting.

All in all, I wanted a Mother character so hard. Yes I wanted Geno, but any Mother character is a pipe dream especially the franchise's current state. If Porky is in, my life would be complete. Soo... Count me in!!

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Porky would be the best imaginable character that's left, it's really odd that he has no spirit presence. We don't know if that means anything yet, but the options are it's an error or that spirits do have a significance. So this is Porky's best chance. I would imagine if he does get in, it's because of his set potential. A mech that has magic, lasers, robots and so on would be an easy sell, plus he was a beloved boss in Brawl. Still it's a long shot but at this point he's one of the few Nintendo characters who's plausible for DLC.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I would go as far to say that Porky is a lock if we get any first party characters as DLC. I'm hoping that's the case, because I really don't want all the DLC characters to just be 3rd party.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
I beat world of light he’s not Boss or a Spirit this is all the proof I need imo

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Every time someone said Isaac, Geno, and Skull Kid were guaranteed I kind of just thought to myself "Oh, okay buddy" but hey on the bright side them getting confirmed kinda looks good for characters who got the opposite treatment, right?

Last edited:

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
Hello!

I played the Mother trilogy multiple times and I got to say, I love it! I loved the franchise as a whole and always dream a localization of M3! This gives a reason why I main Ness and used Lucas as a secondary!

Now since Ness and Lucas is in, I wanted a new EB rep right now! However, many were deconfirmed as either spirits, alt costumes, or Final Smashes. Kumatora is part of a FS, Masked Man is a spirit and an alt, Ninten is a spirit too alongside the rest.

While I am bummed about it, I saw that Porky is missing at Ultimate! Strange? While it may be noted that Porky isnt too significant, the problem that the more obscure characters such as EVE, Ness' Father, and even flippjng Buzz Buzz as spirit! That character who appeared briefly before being squashed by Porkey's mother thinking it was a dung beatle.

Also interestingly, Porky is also missing as a boss at Ultimate while rest of the Brawl bosses returned as actual characters and spirits. Leaving him out is interesting.

All in all, I wanted a Mother character so hard. Yes I wanted Geno, but any Mother character is a pipe dream especially the franchise's current state. If Porky is in, my life would be complete. Soo... Count me in!!
Porky not significant cmon bro

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I hope Nintendo DLC Cast are not all third parties depends because I really want Porky. I hope Porky is not one the characters that was planned to be playable and got scrapped.

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
1 little piece of trivia guys 2019 is the year of the pig...

Everything’s corralling with each other #1 next year is MOTHERS 30 anniversary, #2 Next year is the year of the pig, #3 Porky isn’t a Boss OR a Spirit that’s it I’m convinced he’s in

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone fought the absolutely safe capsule spirit yet? I can't find any details except one 4chan link that brings up an error. And the little part you can read under the link says that porky's theme doesn't play during the spirit fight. Dunno if this is true or not

Zeox

Smash Champion
Has anyone fought the absolutely safe capsule spirit yet? I can't find any details except one 4chan link that brings up an error. And the little part you can read under the link says that porky's theme doesn't play during the spirit fight. Dunno if this is true or not
Didn't find it yet, looking everywhere for that one spirit to take photos of it.
I also looked in youtube but still nothing.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
Didn't find it yet, looking everywhere for that one spirit to take photos of it.
I also looked in youtube but still nothing.

I'm guessing the battle isn't in WOL and I guess we just have to wait for it to be on that spirit board thing (where spirits come available with a timer) I guess

EDIT: in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWVrFu2PV-8

the ASC can be seen around the 16:05 mark. It is a four star spirit and thats all we know i guess

Last edited:

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
what do yall think porky's entrance line would be

i think it would be cool if it said: Porky Means Business!

ThePigKing

Smash Journeyman
IMO he’s in, my only hope is that it’s Earthbound Porky with his stage being the Devils Machine with his final smash being him unleashing Giygas.

I only have one wonder what would he Sound like and would they use a male/female and English/Japanese voice actor? Lemme know what you think guys

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
IMO he’s in, my only hope is that it’s Earthbound Porky with his stage being the Devils Machine with his final smash being him unleashing Giygas.

I only have one wonder what would he Sound like and would they use a male/female and English/Japanese voice actor? Lemme know what you think guys

i always thought of him sounding like ness but deeper pitched and sounds like he is all stuffed up

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion

Obviously they'll get the guy who voiced Mandark in Dexter's Lab. :4pacman:

Zeox

Smash Champion
with his final smash being him unleashing Giygas.
Actually, because of the ausence of any pigmask or the Pig King statue, I would say his final Smash would be a combination of the pigmasks with tanks attacking and then the Pig King statue stomping on the rival, and since in both Ness and Lucas the background changes, for Porky's final Smash the background would change to Giygas.
That would be my guess.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
yall know what would be a nightmare?

if the ASC could be enhanced into porky himself
this might be possible cuz nobody knows anything abt the ASC spirit battle/ what it does

Zeox

Smash Champion
yall know what would be a nightmare?

if the ASC could be enhanced into porky himself
this might be possible cuz nobody knows anything abt the ASC spirit battle/ what it does
The spirit of the ASC gives you the best defense of the game.
Also, spirits of 4 stars cannot get enhanced (and we know the full spirits list and Porky is not anywhere).
But still, we cannot know for sure if the spirit battle makes any reference to Porky until someone shows the fight.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
The spirit of the ASC gives you the best defense of the game.
Also, spirits of 4 stars cannot get enhanced (and we know the full spirits list and Porky is not anywhere).
But still, we cannot know for sure if the spirit battle makes any reference to Porky until someone shows the fight.

o didnt know that 4 star spirits couldnt get enhancements.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
If Porky gets in, I'd kind of what him to be a mix of EB and M3 Porky. The main thing is that I want Porky to stay young. I know it's the same exact character regardless, but I feel like Smash can better capture Porky's personality if he was young and lively rather than a coughing and wheezing old man.

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
This is an entirely unimportant question I think about all the time so it's perfect for asking here:

What would you want the names of the games to be if we got them all localized? I would want all games to be the same name across regions where it would go,
  • Mother
  • Mother 2: Earthbound
  • Mother 3
Easy.

OnyxArmos

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 6826 6195 4792

Since Smash Bros Ultimate has been focussing on adding villains? Why not add Porky/Pokey Minch from Earthbound? It would be nice to see a villain rep for the Mother series.

borbnorb

Smash Apprentice
This is an entirely unimportant question I think about all the time so it's perfect for asking here:

What would you want the names of the games to be if we got them all localized? I would want all games to be the same name across regions where it would go,
  • Mother
  • Mother 3
Easy.

yeah i really hate the series being called two names. it bothers me a ton tbh

Awakining

Smash Apprentice

• Mother
  • Mother 3
Easy.
Although I like "EarthBound," I'd drop it as a subtitle if the international titles were to adopt the "Mother" name, resulting in the following set:

Mother: The Legend of the Destroyer
Mother 2: Giygas Strikes Back
Mother 3: Return of the Pig

Alternatively, I'd keep up Nintendo's style and use this trio:

EarthBound: Beginnings
EarthBound
EarthBound: Aftermath OR EarthBound: Fallout

Overall, I think that there are a lot of good choices. I just wish Nintendo would give us M3 already so we could see what they choose :p.

Last edited:

Erfly

Smash Cadet

• Mother
  • Mother 3
Easy.
Yeah something like this is probably the way to go
Mother: Beginnings, Mother 2: Earthbound etc.
Keeps all the names in tact generally.

Pulseradio

Smash Rookie
Add me to the list, please!

Also, the whole "series unrepresented will be the only dlc" thing was fake, right?

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Add me to the list, please!

Also, the whole "series unrepresented will be the only dlc" thing was fake, right?
It was a classic and sublime example of someone misreading somebody else's (Reggie's) words and then spreading that headline and infecting the net with imprecise information.

I had a post one time about the most sober possibilities for DLC and if you think about it Joker fits it perfectly.

• Makes a big splash
  • Promotes good relations with investors, outside game studios
  • Draws in outside audiences
  • Good for the future of the console, promotes the sale of another thing
So your question was "Did Reggie say we would only get 3rd parties in the DLC?" and the answer is a flat no.

From Reggie: "He, [Sakurai] wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it's going to be tremendously exciting."

Just a very typical, very sterile, "Get hype!" comment.

I hope this puts the kibosh on future goofs.

Last edited:

Veenon

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2421-1779-6504
Support. Porky is arguably the most likely first party as of now, and if he got in, I'd definitely have fun playing him. Unique fighter from an underrated series. His complete absence from the game is definitely suspicious (I mean, Ness' Father got a spirit, but not Porky?).

StarDustStorm

Smash Journeyman

Jeck

Smash Journeyman
Hey do you hear that? It's the sound of bi-weekly, creeping existential dread from the new patch coming out given that we know spirits can be added post-release.

Top Bottom