• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia | town wins

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I came down with phat tracks that combine and interlock
Like getting smashed by a cinder block
Blaow! Now it's all over - gza

gheb mr trigger happy has died misfiring

frozenflame the bamf is now gunbearer

7 left

will ghebs heroic sacrifice be in vain?

will frozen pull some bamf shit?

will superkatalingo ever discover his true sexuality?

will i ever stop prodding people who are v/la?

all this and more as

d3 begins

deadline is april 2nd midnight est

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I came down with phat tracks that combine and interlock
Like getting smashed by a cinder block
Blaow! Now it's all over - gza

gheb mr trigger happy has died misfiring

frozenflame the bamf is now gunbearer

7 left

will ghebs heroic sacrifice be in vain?

will frozen pull some bamf shit?

will superkatalingo ever discover his true sexuality?

will i ever stop prodding people who are v/la?

all this and more as

d3 begins
Love the flavor, Marshy! <3

Well, at least Gheb got one good shot in. Good work!

Frozen, what's the lead now? Do you want us to keep up the same type of discussion as we did with Gheb or do you want a different route?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Cello, you have done nothing except contribute WIFOM bullcrap. You're basing your wanting to shoot Tandy off of gheb being chosen the gunbearer. I don't like it.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
So, shooting you is perfectly reasonable? Awesome.

The real task I have now is to present an argument for Frozen to that end. I go now to ponder.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Oh, that reminds me, does anyone know what day/when/at what time Tom's computer exploded?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
What. The. ****.

Seriously Gheb?

How the **** did you somehow conclude I was a likely scum pal with Scummoner?

What a ****in waste of a shot. >_< That's the type of stupid packaged deal liability **** I was talking about earlier. You cap a scum and just decide to keep blasting away until you die before we can even discuss the flip? Really dude?

Whatever, he's dead now so it's not like he can even respond to that.

Interested in what Cello has to say about SRB.

If I could get everyone's top suspects real quick, it'd help me as I re-read. If you have cases on people though please do post them.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
With Summoner's flip, it looks to me like Summoner was trying to early bus him for good guy credit. Especially since Swords had not a single time countered or said anything bad about him, even when Summoner was agreeing with me, until Gheb declared that "Summoner could die".

There's also his hard-on for Tom, who'd only posted twice, but that won't mean as much until he's confirmed as scum.

Immediate whiplash inducing turn of opinion on me in #86, and in #100 there is a light distance push from Summoner.

In #119, he pushes for Katalingo off of one of their halves' meta. Weak, at that. Also, still has a hard-on for Tom's role (Tandapear-puddingpop).

#143 has the other hard and fast switcherooni. This time on Summoner. After Gheb declared Summoner death time action pants.

Summoner said:
I don't really think Tom did much except react to Cello, BUT that being said, he said what had to be said about Cello's logic and if he hadn't of said anything, it'll probably have been Cello saying people were scum and not much else beign said.
This strikes me as weird after his flip.

Katalingo said:
Although, apparently we only managed to clear off one person off the list, which would be Summoner. I could see where Summoner wouldn't have chosen Gheb as the gunbearer.
Also weird considering Summoner's flip. Especially since I said that Summoner wouldn't be cleared because he would still have had buddies. Still, it's the only thing that strikes me as weird from Katalingo. Actually, there was one other thing. They took my own jumpiness as a faint town tell/unknown, such that...well, nevermind. I'll talk about that later if it matters. IGMEOT(hem). Still think they are town, otherwise. Actually, it was my baiting.

In #74, Summoner weakly tries to cast suspicion at me, but I'm not sure if he's trying to protect Swords at the same time. The focus is definitely on me though.

Tandora said:
Well, at least Gheb got one good shot in. Good work!

Frozen, what's the lead now? Do you want us to keep up the same type of discussion as we did with Gheb or do you want a different route?
Buddying dead people.

Swords said:
Wow gheb, you shot frozen immediately after marshy posted! 0_0

Frozen, who is scum?
Disbelief of dead people.

In both cases, deference to Frozen.

Now, about my own innocence. I'm fairly sure that you believe I am. So I won't worry about it for now.

You're lucky Gheb didn't decide to shoot me. I was seriously going to shoot...well, I'd have shot Swords, then Tomdora first, but you were next. I am glad you're innocent though, because now I don't have to rethink this game and I get to keep tunneling on the team I had in mind.

@Kevin: So, where do you think Tom was going with the few things that he said? N-o-w-h-e-r-e~

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow.

I literally knew basically everything you just said Cello, was what you were going to say about Swords.

The worst part is, I have the opposite interpretation. >_<

I feel like constantly belittling Summoner by saying he hasn't done jack **** and calling him out on inactivity is NOT reflective of bussing. That sort of stuff is so petty that I don't feel like scum would use that **** to try and build bus cred. Why cast that kind of suspicion on your partner when its so pissant? Summoner wasn't getting much attention outside of those issues so why would you as a scum partner exacerbate that?

Sadly, I was gonna come out and say that SRB was the most brownie townie in the game FOR those remarks. Should have expected we wouldn't see eye to eye on that Cello.

Right now he's not the play IMO.

Other cases would be nice, though SRB I'd like to hear your thoughts on what Cello has said.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Swords, make a list of who you would shoot, and then make a list of all players ordered scummiest to least scummiest. Why are you so focused on Tom?
I think Cello has something on Swords.
quotequotequote
@ Cello mostly but to everyone really, does this look like bussing to you? Like I'm seriously having a hard time believing Summoner and Swords would be playing off each other from the FIRST PAGE to uber distance each other.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Biggest Town read is you

Scum reads are Cello, SuperK, and Swords
Are these still accurate Kev? If not, I want a new read list with explanations, especially reasons for changes if there are any. I'm not letting to coast while I'm still in the game.

Cello, if it's a choice between Frozen and Swords, then Swords, if it isn't, I wouldn't shoot either of them.

Because I am? It's a pretty silly question Cello, I'm not going to tell you what you should believe.

I think someone has to be shot, I don't think he'll shot 'the roo'. I wouldn't shoot 'the roo'.
Again, more @ Cello than anyone else but why would Scummoner pick Swords over me in this situation? Again to build bus credit? I really don't think Summoner expected to get shot, so I don't see why they would be building up the bus gambit.

Basically, does that still look like bussing as well?

Hando has like literally no connections with anyone and its bothering me. I want to hear from him like asap.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Frozen: You aren't looking at it from his perspective. You would want something more decisive and strong as a cut between yourself and your allies. That's not how he would necessarily think, I think. Plus, timing is just as important. He basically tunneled like you, constantly wanting some little bit on my shoot pool, with only the occasional outside poke. Where was the Summoner hate? It only cropped up after Gheb and Kevin basically said, "Summoner gonna die". Plus, my point was that Swords was being bussed at first, not Summoner. But distance is distance.

About #178, yes, and why not?

About #179, if Summoner had said you, what would your response have been? He probably didn't want to irk you. And it could be, for the second bits.

Yes, I scraped through everything in the thread, and pulled up everything that even remotely supported my notion. You asked for my thoughts on SRB, so that's what it is.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Are these still accurate Kev? If not, I want a new read list with explanations, especially reasons for changes if there are any. I'm not letting to coast while I'm still in the game.

Again, more @ Cello than anyone else but why would Scummoner pick Swords over me in this situation? Again to build bus credit? I really don't think Summoner expected to get shot, so I don't see why they would be building up the bus gambit.

Basically, does that still look like bussing as well?

Hando has like literally no connections with anyone and its bothering me. I want to hear from him like asap.
It changed vastly roughly around the time I said summoner should die.

So yar.

Give me some time though, I have to actually think about this game now that the scum isn't blatant.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Don't shoot me, and I wish I had the effing gun.

Post more later, but I'm really disappointed I couldn't start shooting :D
Imho, Kevin never really kept this promise. He has a few posts with substance, but mostly he's one-liner Mcgee. FF, you know how you have huge scumdar for Cello? That's how I feel for Kevin. He just sets off my scumdar with how he plays.

I also don't really think a random shot is a terrible idea. Obviously, we have better options, but if it comes down to almost a stalemate, then it's easy to remedy. Often we end up doing NLs because we can't come to a consensus, but we don't need to now. Just. You. Unless you want to die, you need to shoot. So if you don't know who to shoot, why not random?
This post from Handorin stood out the most for me from this poster. It appears helpful, but ultimately doesn't really do anything.

In both cases, deference to Frozen.
Cello's post seems a little hypocritical considering this from page 1:
...ok.

So, what do you want people to talk about, Gheb?

You're running the show right now.
The Suspects:
SuperKatalingo - A bit of a hard read for me since I don't know half of the personality. Posts seem to be actually helpful half the time with reads on several players and reasons to back up those reads. Read as town.
Cello_Marl - His overt insistence of being shoot comes off as an arrogant town read. Only shoot if you want him to make him put up or shut up.
SwordsRBroken - Very defensive of everyone. Not sure if this is a character trait of defending everyone or he's being cautious since Cello is so trigger happy. Hard read.
Handorin - My early comment on one of his quotes pretty much says it all. Seems friendly, but not really committing. Possible scum lean, but still not sure from lack of previous play.
KevinM - Just comes off as scummy to me. Keeps his cards close to the chest and seems to gloat or prod more than contribute. No previous play to draw from.

If I had to chose, I would probably say shoot Handorin or KevinM.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Other cases would be nice, though SRB I'd like to hear your thoughts on what Cello has said.
So far, he's been pretty useless with his WIFOM crap. He seems to want to get rid of Tandora based on who was chosen to be the gunbearer. It makes no sense at all. He hasn't really stacked a case against me, just said, shoot swords, shoot swords, shoot swords in essence. I've also asked him to explain his reasoning in one post for wanting to shoot me and Tandora. He hasn't responded yet. He's too dumb to be scum at this point IMO.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
7 left, 2 scum.

Is that correct.

If we're going to shoot swords I'd rather we do it in Not Lylo.

Tanny, you're going to have to get used to misreading me and not tunneling on the fact that you think I'm scum.

You'll just be Tom 2.0.

Frozen, I'm interested to hear your thoughts as I thought it a likely connection between you and summoner when he flipped scum as well.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Tanny, you're going to have to get used to misreading me and not tunneling on the fact that you think I'm scum.

You'll just be Tom 2.0.
I agree I do need to do that. It's unproductive. But it is a good reason why I have a hard time reading you, much like FF with Cello.

And I don't know if Tom 2.0 is good or bad, but Cello seems to think it's true anyway. =/

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are townies supposed to form connections?

Mah bad if so.
You don't have to artificially go out of your way to like buddy people and distance others. That's not what I'm talking about. All I was trying to say is you haven't commented much about basically anyone, so I don't know your reads. You just basically haven't interacted much at all with anyone and it really hampers your readability. Hop to it.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Jumpy? I said shoot summoner, and basically stuck with that.

I'm ok with Frozen shooting you or swords tbh but on the chance you're town I don't want you with the gun

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
We, Skippy the Wombat!, would like to say a few words plz:
_

So we had Frozen, Cello and Swords on our cargo train straight to Suspect Sydney. We did not suspect Summoner at all actually - we spoke about his darn flip; we came to the conclusion he simply feigned innonence!

Now... that aside! We wanted to draw more from you Frozen. This was yesterDay. However, you're now clear, and from this we think Cello is town. We feel confident - primarily because we initially felt Cello stepped his foot on everyone's face as a means of baiting responses, being the easy scapegoat everyone loves to hate - having played with him a lot (says May) it's a town tell (also scapegoat being our key word here... more elaboration laters). We would have been worried of Cello if you flipped scum Frozen.

We haven't done an ISO on Cello recently - we will when we next get on aim. We wanted to keep you updated on the Cello front Frozen, guardian of the barrier reef.

Now... Swords. G'day mate! You're skippy's main suspect!

Skippy the wombat wants to build from its previous case. Let's bring some new info that's making us uncomfortable with this player - particularly from this post:

So far, he's been pretty useless with his WIFOM crap. He seems to want to get rid of Tandora based on who was chosen to be the gunbearer..

We didn't like this assertion! You made the same point regarding Tom - Tandora has replaced Tom. The circumstances of your point have therefore changed.

Unless Skippy has skipped something (pun most definitely intended), what we didn't like here is how Swords hasn't appeared to have actively searched whether or not Cello has applied the same logic on Tandora as he did with Tom... so we can only conclude further that Swords does absolutely nothing but point fingers, gossip and **** stir with broken-record auto-tuned reasoning. In other words... are we seeing scapegoating here? WIFOM this, WIFOM that. Just give up the act brucey :chuckle:

He hasn't responded yet. He's too dumb to be scum at this point IMO.

Well that's lovely! We build sandcastles with this amount of scum :)

The contradiction here is that you're pressing on someone you think is TOWN! Too-dumb-to-be-scum implies not-scum-because-he's-dumb and so we can only guess from your line of thinking that you think Cello is town. lol... was this just a little phatic statement? Or a scum slip? <3 If you think Cello IS too dumb to be scum - then a) why are you arguing? and most importantly b) who exactly are you finding suspicious then?!!
_

So yeah, totally DUDE! - we can only repeat our previous points if we continue! Circular thoughts + pinning SuperMK up as scum from a meta that failed as a comparison, in which he backtracked <3 nice moves sheila.

More to come on others later. Any questions?

-_~ KaylingMataefi ~_-

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
He said himself that he wanted to kill Tandora, look at the post:

Hmm. I see.

Gheb was picked as the gunbearer. I think that this came about as a random result; I can't think of a specific reason why he would be picked otherwise. This leads me to believe that the mafia has at least one of Kevin, Frozen, or Tom as a member.

Pure speculative gut instinct, why do you all think Gheb was chosen?

If I were mafia, I would have chosen one of the three I mentioned so they have the lowest amount of information possible when they had the gun.
Replacing into a game does not change anything!

I am defending myself Katalingo, not pushing for him to be killed. I'm thinking Hando/Kevin needs to go today. Hando because he's been lurking for like the entire game and has no connections with anyone and Kevin for not contributing + saying just shoot this guy or my suspicions are this and not explaining reasoning.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
srb's scumhunting in a nutshell:

kill cello cause he wants to kill tomdora!
kill superkatalingo cause s/he wants to kill cello!
kill kevin cause he wants to kill handorin!
kill handorin for not speaking much!

not to mention he only mentions handorin AFTER frozen said "You have no connections" and attacks him with the "no connections" things after it's been mentioned by someone else.

p-p-p-p-parrot!

kangaroos eat parrots for breakfast! :mad: shoot SRB!

Handorin

Smash Hero
He said himself that he wanted to kill Tandora, look at the post:

Replacing into a game does not change anything!

I am defending myself Katalingo, not pushing for him to be killed. I'm thinking Hando/Kevin needs to go today. Hando because he's been lurking for like the entire game and has no connections with anyone and Kevin for not contributing + saying just shoot this guy or my suspicions are this and not explaining reasoning.
You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yea, cause it's an awesome argument.

I mean, me not posting much is totally a scum tell, because I do it all the time, and since I'm always scum (Rule #1), then I must be mafia.

And no connections? You bring that up just after frozen did? Does it even really matter?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Then shoot Hando if you think he's so scummy, Swords. When you get shot. If you're town. After all, this is technically the most you've brought to bear against...anyone.

Top Bottom