• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia | town wins

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'm at the point it feels we're not getting any new information. Since we cannot vote to create a pressure wagon and it's not a good idea to go after lurkers, what would be a good strategy at this time?

I am thinking FF puts out some questions for everyone to answer similar to RQS.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
If Frozen doesn't get a solid read I'm completely ok with him shooting Swords who then shoots Hando.

However I feel like swords wouldn't do that as he would try and be the hero and shoot someone I disagree with

Tandora

Smash Rookie
If Frozen doesn't get a solid read I'm completely ok with him shooting Swords who then shoots Hando.

However I feel like swords wouldn't do that as he would try and be the hero and shoot someone I disagree with
Why does this read like you think Frozen should shoot someone who is town? :confused:

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
AK-47 is the tool
Don't make me act the motherfuckin fool - ice cube

prodded cello frozen swords superkatalingo

handos vla til tomorrow

dl = 4/2

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sorry about the inactivity, forgot to report V/LA.

7 left, 2 scum.

Is that correct.

If we're going to shoot swords I'd rather we do it in Not Lylo.

Tanny, you're going to have to get used to misreading me and not tunneling on the fact that you think I'm scum.

You'll just be Tom 2.0.

Frozen, I'm interested to hear your thoughts as I thought it a likely connection between you and summoner when he flipped scum as well.
7 players, 2 scum left is correct.

Kev, you want to hear my thoughts on what? I don't understand where you guys are getting a Me + summoner connection.
KevinM, please elucidate this exchange. I asked you a question here and you didn't answer me. Where did you guys draw a Summoner + Me connection and how?

Everyone else, Kevin included, your job is as follows,

Read the following posts:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9898723&postcount=178
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9898918&postcount=179

Read all of Summoner quotes I posted. I want analysis from EVERYONE explaining how those comments Summoner made either DO OR DO NOT constitute bussing. Like full blown analysis. What do you suppose his intentions were in deciding to post those things considering context, suspicions at the time, etc.

Whether or not I decide to shoot swords will weight HEAVILY on how legitimate I feel this analysis to be. Hop to it folks.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
Posting due to prod!

Cap'n Frozen Linguini's not on aim right now so we'll post as soon as we have a nice long chat about the current circumstances and our opinions.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@frozen i think it was just a noob play by him to get everyone to stop "breathing down his neck".

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm interested to hear your thoughts on the players, make a list of them, your likelihood of wanting to shoot them, and the major reasons why.

As for the connection, idk when Summoner flipped scum *pats self on back* I instantly thought you were scum *takes pat away* no idea why/

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Summoner's intent was to look helpful and useful. In addition to those posts, look at how often he posted stuff to the effect of "Hey look, I'm here! I'm helping, I'm helping!"

Yeah, he says that he wouldn't shoot either. But, he did say he would shoot Swords if it was between the two of Frozen and Swords. Probably so he could say his judgment was correct or something like that, but without pushing for Swords.

Actually, looking at it again, I wonder if he thought the "shoot the roo" thing was in reference to him and not Katalingo? I dunno.

In your quotes in #178, the first part of the first quote is more in line with Summoner just trying to look useful. The rest looks opportunistic. I guess it doesn't really support it being either a bus or just jumping on something I said, on it's own.

But, why would he jump on something like Sword's Tom name-obsession only to claim he wouldn't shoot him later?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I looked over the two posts FF suggested. My initial reaction is Summoner was focusing on Swords a great deal. It wasn't quite tunneling, so maybe tunnel-lite, but there was a definite hate going on.

However, as I reread it a few times, I started to wonder. Because Summoner was not really "RAWR, SWORDS NEEDS KILLING" so much as "Hey, look at that guy, just look at him. I'm just saying, that's a guy who could use some shooting." Thus, I think Summoner was bussing Swords from the beginning.

My concern is that I only see it because it was suggested as being there and that's what I want to see.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
wii would like to present snippets of chat log numero uno for Frozen:

maylingchan (02:35:55): well the thing is about those quotes
maylingchan (02:36:03): is that summoner oisn't making a stance
maylingchan (02:36:06): he's parroting others
maylingchan (02:36:09): with "quote quote quote"
maylingchan (02:36:13): on one hand
maylingchan (02:36:16): you could loopk at this as bussing
maylingchan (02:36:18): subtle
maylingchan (02:36:27): but then, you could also look at it as trying to have a mislynch
maylingchan (02:36:30): and if the person flipped townie
maylingchan (02:36:32): then be like
maylingchan (02:36:37): "oh it wans't me, it was cello"

Kataefi (02:40:23): it's a possibility but... as bussing I think that's too subtle
maylingchan (02:40:25): that would clear swords tho
Kataefi (02:40:36): how?
Kataefi (02:40:53): scum buddies won't necessarily be interconnected through bussing/buddying everytime
maylingchan (02:40:53): because summoner isn't trying to bus
maylingchan (02:41:02): what else would they interconected then?
Kataefi (02:41:13): sometimes a lack of connection could say something
Kataefi (02:41:18): but I dunno
Kataefi (02:41:22): I see your point

Kataefi (02:46:04): maylinguini I might make a post
Kataefi (02:46:19): do you def see this as bussing?
maylingchan (02:47:41): I think it can be viewed as either way
maylingchan (02:47:45): I think I'd lean towards no actually
maylingchan (02:47:46): but
maylingchan (02:47:51): Swords is so scummy lol
Kataefi (02:50:01): o god swords...
Kataefi (02:50:14): how if this wasn't bussing, would sword be clear?
maylingchan (02:50:20): because
maylingchan (02:50:22): if it's not bussing
maylingchan (02:50:26): then what is it?
Kataefi (02:50:34): interaction =p
maylingchan (02:50:41): interaction to doing what?
maylingchan (02:50:45): put suspicion on him?
Kataefi (02:51:05): I would have thought
Kataefi (02:51:20): if summoner were scum, that pinning blame on a townie would be good
Kataefi (02:51:24): D1 especially if frozen cello *swords* they were heavily focused on anyway
maylingchan (02:51:30): i know but if he's scum and he's putting suspicion on his scum buddy, how is that not bussing
maylingchan (02:51:33): or setting up a lynch
Kataefi (02:51:59): because I think at the time... summoner did not intend to get shot and swords was the play at this point along with various others so it was just forcing suspicion.

Kataefi (02:53:32): okay so put it simply
Kataefi (02:53:37): it may not be bussing because:
Kataefi (02:53:49): swords, at this time, was one part of the play? was he? along with frozen and cello, pretty sure he was:
Kataefi (02:54:18): this could be a scum tactic to push further subtle suspicion on the play in a bid to blend in with general majority opinion aka everyone against frozen cello swords
Kataefi (02:54:23): but on the other hand
Kataefi (02:54:40): it could be bussing because:
Kataefi (02:55:09): they wanted to set up a wifom scenario thingimajig lol?
Kataefi (02:55:24): I just realised that if it were bussing... would swords not be using that card to play today? I haven't seen much from him on this.
maylingchan (02:58:30): hmmm
maylingchan (02:58:42): that's true i think
maylingchan (02:58:46): swords would be saying something about it
maylingchan (02:58:48): ?
Kataefi (02:58:52): this is so confusing lol
maylingchan (02:58:56): XD
hope this helps you Cap'n

this is basically how wii feel about swords/summoner right now. we're very much in the blue to be perfectly honest, because it's ping-pong to us - on one hand it could be this, on another it could be this, both are as good as the other.

we're still suspicious of swords, the bussing situation doesn't hinder the other points we've presented on him. wiiiiii have no new points on swords atm. wii would like to mention there are certain other posters that are starting to pique our interests now that we've done a full reread. We'll make a post very soon, tomorrow.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
The input is helping. Good stuff all.

I don't wanna express my current stance on swords yet so that it doesn't influence any analysis you guys might offer on him.

As for other people though my scummier reads are Tandora and Handorin, Kevin is still neutral/fency, and townier reads are Cello and Super Kata.

Explanations will have to come later, I need sleep/need to get other work done. >_<

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry about the inactivity, forgot to report V/LA.

KevinM, please elucidate this exchange. I asked you a question here and you didn't answer me. Where did you guys draw a Summoner + Me connection and how?

Everyone else, Kevin included, your job is as follows,

Read the following posts:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9898723&postcount=178
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9898918&postcount=179

Read all of Summoner quotes I posted. I want analysis from EVERYONE explaining how those comments Summoner made either DO OR DO NOT constitute bussing. Like full blown analysis. What do you suppose his intentions were in deciding to post those things considering context, suspicions at the time, etc.

Whether or not I decide to shoot swords will weight HEAVILY on how legitimate I feel this analysis to be. Hop to it folks.
Look like a soft bus to me. Slightly pushes for his lynch, but keeps it open in case it changes.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Handorin: If shot, would you be willing to commit to shooting Tandora? If not, who would it be right now?

I think that Swords, Hando, Tanny, Kevin is our best order.

Of course, I'm more suspicious of Tanny that Hando, and would recommend shooting her before Hando if Swords flips scum, but I think Swords would be more open to shooting him than Tanny if he's town, and Hando's last post just really struck me as scummy bad, enough to justify a shot.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I'm not going to commit to any shot until I do get the gun. Doing anything of the sort before hand is stupid. So much can change before then.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Handorin: If shot, would you be willing to commit to shooting Tandora? If not, who would it be right now?

I think that Swords, Hando, Tanny, Kevin is our best order.

Of course, I'm more suspicious of Tanny that Hando, and would recommend shooting her before Hando if Swords flips scum, but I think Swords would be more open to shooting him than Tanny if he's town, and Hando's last post just really struck me as scummy bad, enough to justify a shot.
I love how if we take all of your posts and look at them collectively, you just want to shoot everyone. You look like you're picking favored targets by talking about a few people more than others, but it boils down to you'd empty the clip into everyone. =/

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
Frozen do you want a sole focus on swords right now and for the remainder of the day? We have other observations on other posters as we promised from our last post. We'll get to posting this very shortly.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
If I wanted to shoot Katalingo, I don't anymore. I also don't want to be shot anymore because I like the direction things have taken.

I don't really want to shoot Kevin, but we'd have credit for another shot if it's not a Kevin-Tanny team, which I'm not inclined to believe. I'd believe Kevin-Hando if Swords and Tanny aren't.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't like how Kat has continued to promise this post, if I don't see it soon I'm just quite frankly going to be annoyed.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
You mean may? and our promise? =p It's kat now... We were waiting for Frozen to say something in the outback - we saw him online around the time we posted and also last night. Here's our promise post all nicely gift-wrapped:

LEZ DISCUSS cool Kev and Dora the Explorer aka:

- KevinM
- Tandora

Poor bludgers =( Sheila's gonna git yuuu. This is a long post so Frozen you best be in the mood for reading. Also we went wild and used grey for the colour of our hyperlinks so be sure not to miss them.

Note: Swords is on our scumdar, but we've exhausted points on him.

We'll explain it chronologically from how we came about this level of suspicion on these posters:

We were doing an all player ISO and stumbled upon this specific post:

We found this odd because Kevin does exactly the same thing here:

and to a much better extent here:

Nicely spotted Maykat. At this point we didn't suddenly sceam SCUM! but this contradiction wanted us to look into Kev a little more. Let's explain this - we felt the interaction here is very weird, Summoner is 'not allowed' in that sense to probe someone for a list of suspects, yet #210 and #138 by Kev suggest the opposite. The interaction to us feels staged when you reconsider Summoner/Kevin in D1 and their thoughts.

Next was his public scum strategy:

We found this odd because it's to the same effect as #34 - why are you telling scum how to play in the same vein that Summoner was 'trying to tell people how to play mafia'? sheila says this ain't no bonzer!

It was at this point that we felt 'off' regarding Kevin, so we observed a few more things in the bush and actually found some fruits:

An excerpt of his unreliable, 'shonky' stances D1, (of course in context and best read in order):

KATNote: WHAT? why did Gheb spell finalise with 'Z'??? :mad:

Anyway what we have here is Gheb ready to finaliSe his decision between someone who, interestingly, was going to be scum, to which Kevin suddenly mixes it up with a new suspect... our beloved swords. This stoodout to us, because it was so immediate, almost desperate.

Adding to this: his stance was never strong on Summoner at all actually - it loitered around a few posters, notably Swords and Summoner, with Frozen thrown in the mix somewhere, yet:

takes credit?
still takes credit?
really now? - like a delicate defence mechanism to stop potential prodding... which is exactly what happens in #210!

To add to this: Kevin is most vocal about not wanting specific players with the gun - notably Swords and Handorin. Tandora highlights a very good point here:

Let's put this in perspective! Scum can never hold the gun. Therefore wouldn't it be in scum's best interest to make townies shoot other townies? We had this in mind as we reread #202 amongst many others.

This is all why we're very off with Mr KevinM at this moment in time.
_

Tanny - we can spot a few notable things:

In response to Tanny's debut in this game we said:

maylingchan (02:21:16): huh
maylingchan (02:21:19): who all does she mention?
Kataefi (02:21:35): she mentions frozen vs cello
Kataefi (02:21:42): and focuses a lot on cello for the way he plays yet leaves out kevin
Kataefi (02:22:23): who she brings up a lot later and interacts with for the way he plays... which is odd... looking at it that way she would have at least mentioned this in her introductory post along with cello? y would she skip this?
Kataefi (02:22:47): compare http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9867367&postcount=116 with http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9900499#post9900499
maylingchan (02:25:08): this is true
maylingchan (02:25:52): specially wen you factor in kevin's random vote on tomdora D1 and the way he says to bus
Let's reorganise what we said to make it a little more readable:

Tanny gives us a summary of the game overall with her introductory post:

There is mention of Frozen, Cello, lurkers, Gheb amongst other things. At the time, the kangaroo took this as a summary post in which Tanny could come in and talk about the players and the situations. She did this well.

But then comes this post:

Notably these excerpts:

FF, you know how you have huge scumdar for Cello? That's how I feel for Kevin. He just sets off my scumdar with how he plays.
KevinM - Just comes off as scummy to me. Keeps his cards close to the chest and seems to gloat or prod more than contribute. No previous play to draw from.
We thought this suspiciousness of Kevin came out of nowhere and looks artificially created enough for us to deduce there may be more to it than meets the eye. Tanny, you mentioned Cello and implied suspiciousness in your introductory post yet the person who, all along, you found most suspicious was never mentioned or implied at this point at all!

BANANAS!
_

In a nutshell we feel our biggest suspects are:

- Swords / Kevin
- Tandora based on Kevroo's flip

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Hm, liking Katalingo's points on Kevin and Tandora. Not really much for me to say right now, but i'm wondering where hando is?

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@frozen i think it was just a noob play by him to get everyone to stop "breathing down his neck".
Is that really all you have to say dude? Like, that **** makes you look really, really bad and the fact that this is all you can conjure up to explain the situation makes me feel really uneasy. Do you honestly have nothing else?

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9917436&postcount=203

This post really catches my attention, and that surprises me since it didn't seem to get any other reactions except when SuperKata brought it up just recently. Anything to say Kev?

Also, Kata brings up another phenomenal observation. Kev, why did you go from telling people not to post lists of their suspicions and shoot orders etc., but then you go on and ask for people
to publish such lists twice, as Kata cites in her post. Why the change of heart?

Right now SuperKata is jumping to brownie townie in my book. Keep it up.

But yeah, I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the stuff about Kevin that Kata brought up.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hm, liking Katalingo's points on Kevin and Tandora. Not really much for me to say right now, but i'm wondering where hando is?
I'm around. I haven't had much to say.
I posted yesterday though.
You haven't posted much of anything either.

So first, do something yourself, then call people out for not also doing so.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
I'm around. I haven't had much to say.
I posted yesterday though.
You haven't posted much of anything either.

So first, do something yourself, then call people out for not also doing so.
Are you saying you don't have anything to say about any of the other players' motives so far? No suspicions, not even about specific players as asked by the gun bearer?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Frozen, can you please shoot whoever it is that you've chosen? And if not, will you tell us who it is so that that person can start questioning people as though she/he has the gun and get a head start for Day 4? This game feels like it's stagnating, and the reasons for that should have already had their impact on your opinions (like Swords's recalcitrance).

Handorin

Smash Hero
Are you saying you don't have anything to say about any of the other players' motives so far? No suspicions, not even about specific players as asked by the gun bearer?
I've said stuff already. We are just going in circles right now. IMO, we should just shoot and move on. So I guess a recap for those of you who want it:

Cello- I think it's odd how he was the center of attention, then was dropped.

Kevin- His general opinion seems to jump around a lot. iirc, I pointed out something, and SKat just did as well.

Swords- Grasping at some straws to put cases on people. Dunno which way I feel exactly though.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right now my top choices are Swords and Kev but I want them to answer my Q in my previous post before I make the final call. I know the game is slowing down but I wanna make the right decision.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Still answered it earlier.

Said that its mainly a semantics issue wherein I was jumping ahead of myself if Swords ended up flipping town.

Actually nvm I answered that like an ******* with the method comment, that's even funnier.

By all means if you shoot me I'm shooting swords mainly because I think he's a terrible player and is of no help so go for it.

If we're going off who I ACTUALLY think you should shoot, I'm down for you shooting SuperKata. Not that you will that's just who I would shoot aiming for whom I feel is scummy.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
By all means if you shoot me I'm shooting swords mainly because I think he's a terrible player and is of no help so go for it.

If we're going off who I ACTUALLY think you should shoot, I'm down for you shooting SuperKata. Not that you will that's just who I would shoot aiming for whom I feel is scummy.
Hm? So given the gun you will shoot swords personally yet... you want the gun bearer to shoot superk. Your intentions are coming across blurred to us.

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
i want to add that it's a biiiiig messs!

"I will shoot swords if I have the gun. Frozen shoot katabear. I will shoot katabear if I have the gun."

wot r u saying?

this is stuff on par with swords! at least make your intentions a little less confusing.

frozen don't miss the deadline!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Noo... you're clearly not reading.

I said I would ACTUALLY want to shoot you based off scum.

I would want to shoot swords on the offchance he's scum and if he's town he doesn't get to have the gun in lylo.

Not quite sure where I'm coming off unclear.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Kevin: But, if we shoot Swords now, then he will be getting the gun in LyLo. You did realize that, right?

That being said, I still think shooting Swords is the best choice. Shoot scum. It's how you win.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Livin' off borrowed time, the clock tick faster
That'd be the hour they knock the slick blaster - mf doom

prodded swords

Top Bottom