• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn Mafia | town wins

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Welcome to Popcorn Mafia!

niggaz that front we don't handle em
so we blast em, alright, well OK
- GZA

might use some strong language think slj2 or boondock saints. if youd like me to stop then pm me and i will

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Rules

Fundamentals
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post in English.
  11. Screenshots of any form; whether it be of role PMs, chat logs, etc. is strictly forbidden. Only text is allowed if you are able to quote these at all.

How bitches die and the setup
  1. Nightless; 6 townies, 3 mafia.
  2. The mafia pick a townie to be the first gunbearer.
  3. The town discuss amongst themselves, and the gunbearer picks someone to target by posting shoot: [player name]. Anything else is a fake shot.
  4. If their target is mafia, the target dies and the gunbearer keeps the gun.
  5. If their target is town, the gunbearer dies and the target becomes the new gunbearer.
  6. Repeat until all mafia are dead, or the mafia's numbers equal the non-gunbearing townies.
  7. If the deadline hits, the gunbearer will shoot themselves and the mafia pick a new gunbearer. The gunbearer is announced publicly each day, and is therefore confirmed innocent.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.

Game-specific
  1. All roles are assigned entirely at random.
  2. In the event of a modkill, the Day will end if the player being killed is town-aligned and continue otherwise. Deadline extensions and exceptions to this rule may be made based on the state of the game and my personal judgment.

Niggas ain't shot
1. SuperKatalingo (Kataefi/Mayling hydra)
3. Cello_Marl
6. Handorin
8. KevinM
9. frozenflame751 - holdin the gun

Blasted
7. SummonerAU - blasted d1
2. Gheb_01 - misfired at frozen d2
4. SwordsRBroken - shot in the face d3
5. Tandora replaces Tom - shot d4

Replacements
1. Junglefevah
2. Rockin

Role PMs
town role pm said:
You are a Vanilla Townie.

You win when all the mafia members are dead.
scum role pm said:
You are a Mafia Goon.

Your partners are ___ and ___. You may communicate at any time by any means.

You win when the number of living mafia members equal or exceed the number of living townies, minus the gunbearer.

You have 48 hours to send me the name of who will be gunbearer. Otherwise, I will choose randomly.
gettin' shot and shit
d1: begins | ends
d2: begins | ends
d3: begins | ends
d4: begins
d5:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
roles out. scum have til 3/13 midnight

EDIT also if anyone wants to replace pm me

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
You know that if you front it ain't no future
I won't, hesitate to shoot ya
- j dilla

gheb_01 is the gunbearer. he has til 3/22 midnight est to run this shit and bust a cap in someones ass

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Shut up, Xonar -__________-

Tempted to shoot the crap out of the hydra. :p

:059:

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
What do you want people to talk about, Gheb?

You're running the show right now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
FoS Cello

I still think that anything with the suffix "...lingo" sounds dangerously close to oral sex.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
...ok.

So, what do you want people to talk about, Gheb?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That you're brushing off your part of the responsibility on me. I execute the kill but I'm not a guarantee for success.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Hmm. I see.

Gheb was picked as the gunbearer. I think that this came about as a random result; I can't think of a specific reason why he would be picked otherwise. This leads me to believe that the mafia has at least one of Kevin, Frozen, or Tom as a member.

Pure speculative gut instinct, why do you all think Gheb was chosen?

If I were mafia, I would have chosen one of the three I mentioned so they have the lowest amount of information possible when they had the gun.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Nobody gives the Vizzini enough credit. The whole point of that scene is that, in the end, after he switches the goblets, he specifically waits to see if Westley takes a drink first before he's confident enough to actually drink.

But, now this really is a digression.

If you don't like what I choose to talk about, then choose something for me to talk about.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Cello, with that logic, if anyone but Kevin, frozen, or me was chosen as gunbearer, you could suspect Kevin, frozen, and me of being mafia. Also, if you're going to say "in the end," in the end, the battle of wits was a false dilemma.

The good thing about the RVS is it brings everyone into the game. I'd rather we not focus the entire game on the clear, because thats applying pressure in the one place its actually not necessary.

They obviously didn't choose me because I would shoot three times and never give up the gun.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Can we shoot Tom? Or can you shoot me so I can shoot Tom?

On an only slightly more serious note, you're right about the bit about not focusing on the clear. But, imo, only in that we shouldn't focus on his/her reactions and opinions.

What RVS? I get what you mean, but that's just not going to happen the same way as usual here, I think. What other way to break the ice is there? Asking Gheb was my answer to that.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Yeah guys, I have no idea with this game type. Has it ever been run here before?

SuperKatalingo

Smash Rookie
kill the chawhees his new avi sucks

on a serious note, i thought it was a good starting point to talk about who would pick gheb as scum. it's someone who thinks he'd make the wrong choice. who would that be?

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
SKat said:
it's someone who thinks he'd make the wrong choice. who would that be?
1. SuperKatalingo (Kataefi/Mayling hydra)
2. Gheb_01 - holdin the gun d1
3. Cello_Marl
4. SwordsRBroken
5. Tom
6. Handorin

8. KevinM
9. frozenflame751

That still doesn't exclude Summoner, because he'd still have buddies if he was scum.

Still, I hadn't considered that. Further, Gheb is the most likely to get rubbed the wrong way by an innocent lil' comment and FoS/shootnotize someone in the face.

Oh wait.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Don't shoot me, and I wish I had the effing gun.

Post more later, but I'm really disappointed I couldn't start shooting :D

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
This game will probably go nowhere fast without more pushing.

@Swords, Summoner and Handorin: I lie when I'm town, but tell the truth (a way that can be interpreted as such, at least) when I'm scum. What do you think of that?

@Frozen: Hihi! How would you approach this game if you were scum? Who did you/would you have pick/ed as the gunbearer?

@Kevin: I can't think of anything to say. Say something for me to respond to.

@Tom: Scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I'll seriously shoot you if I get shot. So, if you're town, in our best interests, I'd try to make sure Gheb doesn't shoot me if that thought gets stuck in his head. Also, what do you think Gheb should look for most? Assuming you don't want to answer that question (which you shouldn't), what do you think you can do to help him? (answer this if you like, but I'd rather you just do it)

Two misfires and we lose, people. We get one more for each correct hit, but it's different when you see it written compared to reading 6v3, i think.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Swords, Summoner and Handorin: I lie when I'm town, but tell the truth (a way that can be interpreted as such, at least) when I'm scum. What do you think of that?
I can't say with 100% certainty that I've played a game where you're scum. I won't comment on X game because it is currently on-going with both of us as unconfirmed alignments. I don't know how to respond to your question. I can say that your day 1 play changes once we hit day 2. That's about it.

marshy edit

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@Cello, what? Just like summoner, i haven't played a game with you when you are scum. (newbie 3 doesn't count! :p). Why would you lie when you are town and tell the truth when you are scum? Doesn't make much sense.

Also, why shoot tom if you are town and shot? You're all going off of this WIFOM thing. You realize that someone could have just chosen gheb randomly in order to frame tom? Don't go with WIFOMey arguments, no good comes of them.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swords said:
You realize that someone could have just chosen gheb randomly in order to frame tom?
Yes, Newbie 3 counts. Moreover, I'd love to hear you explain this. Why would choosing Gheb frame Tom?

Also, it's not all the time, it's just that I'm willing to lie as town if I think it suits my goals. Kevin can confirm that, I think.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Can we shoot Tom? Or can you shoot me so I can shoot Tom?
If he shoots you, he keeps the gun.

On an only slightly more serious note, you're right about the bit about not focusing on the clear. But, imo, only in that we shouldn't focus on his/her reactions and opinions.

What RVS? I get what you mean, but that's just not going to happen the same way as usual here, I think. What other way to break the ice is there? Asking Gheb was my answer to that.
I like how you don't admit your logic sucked! I'm right about not focusing on the clear, and I'm right that if you suspect one of KevinM, frozen, or me to be scum (false dilemma) because Gheb was chosen, and you think he was chosen at random, then if anyone but KevinM, frozen, or me was chosen as the gunbearer, you could weirdly narrow it down to the three of us.

And no, I'm against Gheb determining the course of discussion, because then scum get a free pass at reactionary play.

Do you still think that he was chosen randomly? You said later that he was the most likely to shoot someone for an innocent comment. So which do you think now?

Yeah guys, I have no idea with this game type. Has it ever been run here before?
Nope. You do understand how the game works though, don't you? Hunting is no different. There are just no votes, but you dont need to count votes to see what people want.

@Tom: Scuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum. I'll seriously shoot you if I get shot. So, if you're town, in our best interests, I'd try to make sure Gheb doesn't shoot me if that thought gets stuck in his head. Also, what do you think Gheb should look for most? Assuming you don't want to answer that question (which you shouldn't), what do you think you can do to help him? (answer this if you like, but I'd rather you just do it)

Two misfires and we lose, people. We get one more for each correct hit, but it's different when you see it written compared to reading 6v3, i think.
No I'm pretty sure if you get shot the shooter will get to shoot again. And no, I'm not going to tip toe around you.

@SwordsRbroken: What do you mean that someone chose Gheb to frame me? You're already eating into the false dilemma bullcrap. Wake up.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Tom said:
I like how you don't admit your logic sucked!
Why thank you, I'm glad that you liked it.

Tom said:
And no, I'm against Gheb determining the course of discussion, because then scum get a free pass at reactionary play
Fair enough, even if I don't fully agree. So, what different course of action would you suggest? You didn't give one.

Tom said:
I'm right about not focusing on the clear, and I'm right that if you suspect one of KevinM, frozen, or me to be scum (false dilemma) because Gheb was chosen, and you think he was chosen at random, then if anyone but KevinM, frozen, or me was chosen as the gunbearer, you could weirdly narrow it down to the three of us.
Focusing in what way? For the second part, I never stated that I thought if anyone other than you three was selected that I would believe at least one of you three is scum. You said that. I said, "Gheb was picked as the gunbearer. I think that this came about as a random result; I can't think of a specific reason why he would be picked otherwise." Of course, now I can think of another reason, i.e. scum thinks he'll miss, but I hadn't considered that at the time. You're assuming that I thought the random selection was why I thought one of you is scum. That's right. However, you also assumed that that would apply to just anyone. That's wrong. I only thought that Gheb was randomly selected. If it had been me, for example, I'd be more open to thinking it was Maymays's doing.

Tom said:
If he shoots you, he keeps the gun.

No I'm pretty sure if you get shot the shooter will get to shoot again.
I'm sure you're implying something with these statements...I just...I just can't put my finger on it...

@Frozen:

Tom said:
Hunting is no different.
Do you agree with Tom's sentiment?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Hmm. I see.

Gheb was picked as the gunbearer. I think that this came about as a random result; I can't think of a specific reason why he would be picked otherwise. This leads me to believe that the mafia has at least one of Kevin, Frozen, or Tom as a member.

Pure speculative gut instinct, why do you all think Gheb was chosen?

If I were mafia, I would have chosen one of the three I mentioned so they have the lowest amount of information possible when they had the gun.
When i posted, i was referencing this. I meant to say, "according to your logic, mafia could have fooled you into thinking tom is scum." Really, this looks like a ridiculous notion that has just been thrown out there when the game has just started.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Swords: So...how does that frame Tom, specifically? You said it that way, it must have been for a reason. You didn't say, "mafia could frame someone" or "mafia could frame Tom/Frozen/Kevin in Cello's eyes". You said Tom. Why Tom?

Does anybody else think that's a slip on Sword's part?

Honestly, I think we've somehow already managed to find at least 1 scum in Katalingo, Tom, and Swords, and maybe more. Significantly less confident in Kat than the others.

Shoot them, shoot them!

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Cello, with that logic, if anyone but Kevin, frozen, or me was chosen as gunbearer, you could suspect Kevin, frozen, and me of being mafia. Also, if you're going to say "in the end," in the end, the battle of wits was a false dilemma.

The good thing about the RVS is it brings everyone into the game. I'd rather we not focus the entire game on the clear, because thats applying pressure in the one place its actually not necessary.

They obviously didn't choose me because I would shoot three times and never give up the gun.
You would shoot me don't lie :(.

Also I would have given you the gun ;)

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Swords, make a list of who you would shoot, and then make a list of all players ordered scummiest to least scummiest. Why are you so focused on Tom?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
@Swords: So...how does that frame Tom, specifically? You said it that way, it must have been for a reason. You didn't say, "mafia could frame someone" or "mafia could frame Tom/Frozen/Kevin in Cello's eyes". You said Tom. Why Tom?

Does anybody else think that's a slip on Sword's part?
quotequotequote

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
"Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline."

I have to admit, I didn't read the rules thoroughly. What do you guys think this means? I don't think it's referring to a self-kill from no shot, since that's addressed elsewhere. I hope it not like that other...

A lot.

Maybe it's just referring to *****es getting capped, but I 'unno.

Does anyone want to volunteer to get shot if Gheb can't make a decision? I'd really rather mafia doesn't get to choose again.

Hando, Frozen, say stuff and things and stuff.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb is the most likely to get rubbed the wrong way by an innocent lil' comment and FoS/shootnotize someone in the face.
If you're so convinced that this is the case then why are you nudging me so hard already?

What do you want people to talk about, Gheb?

Does anyone want to volunteer to get shot if Gheb can't make a decision?
Why do you even introduce such discussion? Some players haven't even posted yet and you're already looking to finalize a decision? I have 9 days to make a shot and I will take that time to make up my mind. I don't see why you would discredit my capabilities as a mafia player unless you want me to second-guess myself and make a poor decision. That's the opposite of giving good advice, which is what you are supposed to do.

And no, I'm against Gheb determining the course of discussion, because then scum get a free pass at reactionary play.
Which is why I originally fosed Cello. Now I'm not that suspicious of him anymore mainly because he never took that "free pass".

You realize that someone could have just chosen gheb randomly in order to frame tom?
This quote has gotten a lot of attention already but I don't think there was a bad intention behind it. My interpretation is that it's just an example of how we can't assume anything based on the gunbearer. Tom just seems to be a random example to me - maybe it's because Tom is one of the most seasoned players here.

If anybody would be "framed" by the fact that I'm the gunbearer it would be Frozen. Him and I don't see eye to eye a lot in mafia games, we often disagree with each other and we often end up being responsible for each others death (He shot me as the SK in Tourney Sleepover N1; I was the most vocal player about his lynch in Scum Wars).

Shoot CelloMarl! So scum!
Dearest Cello,

Stop hating Kats

<3 the igloo

Florence and my machine are looking mighty fine
Shoot CelloMarl!
This isn't AIMafia.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Swords, make a list of who you would shoot, and then make a list of all players ordered scummiest to least scummiest. Why are you so focused on Tom?

Thinking Cello right now because he wants to shoot Tom when we don't have much info on him right now. Now if he is scummy later, maybe then we can shoot him. But definitely not right now. Aside from Cello, i'd have to say maybe Katalingo, as he wants gheb to shoot cello not long after the game has started.

Top Bottom