• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Popcorn | An #HBC Production | D1

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
When I said laundry was town for wanting to get shot, that didn't mean act like idiots and put yourself in front of the gun doing the same thing in hopes I'll town-read you also.

@red Ruy

#HBC | ѕoup

I think the best shot right now is Potassium. Ruy is not doing himself any favors by feigning like he wants to get shot all of the sudden, but I digress. My reason for potato doesn't need to be repeated from what Washed already, but I think that there are enough sufficient connections of that shot that make it a good one. Ruy isn't giving out much in terms of that compared to potato who has made more telling posts.

#HBC | ѕoup

@Zen, I don't get the kantrip hate
He looks awkward and complacent. The weird 'likes' of Zen's posts where he suggests to shoot him seems like trying to pretend he isn't nervous about the whole ordeal. I can say that Potato and Zen are most likely not a team with this in mind, as I feel if potato was trying to distance he would be more direct about the approach.

#HBC | ѕoup

laundry said:
even if him advocating I get shot is bad for the reasons he stated. No one should actually buy the -1.
I wanted to call your bluff. I look at the gun as much as an opportunity to clear someone as to shoot scum. I think you would've made a viable choice for that part as I was uncertain how I really read you. I'm interested in what you have to say about Zen before I go further on how I read you.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I wanted to call your bluff. I look at the gun as much as an opportunity to clear someone as to shoot scum. I think you would've made a viable choice for that part as I was uncertain how I really read you. I'm interested in what you have to say about Zen before I go further on how I read you.
Why not call my bluff then?

I dare you

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why would you shoot me if you think it'll give me the gun?

And I don't know. I want to see you shot first because I don't believe you'd even get the chance to shoot me.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why are you avoiding my question entirely?
I answered it. I don't know who I would shoot at this time. I would take my time to work it out and build confidence in my decision because this isn't the kind of shot to just throw out at an inactive or something.

You are my priority, I will work from there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I answered it. I don't know who I would shoot at this time. I would take my time to work it out and build confidence in my decision because this isn't the kind of shot to just throw out at an inactive or something.

You are my priority, I will work from there.
If I get shot I am auto shooting you without a second thought.

Give me your best guess for a #2 and #3.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Okay have fun. You will obtain and lose the gun instantaneously and everyone will laugh at you if you're telling the truth, but knock yourself out.

No.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
This game (mafia in general) necessitates understanding of one another. Instead of shutting me out by calling me shallow, simply making your 113 would have been all that was needed. I misunderstood your thought process on Potassium. I asked of your town read of Potassium because that's how I interpreted your #102. You said you're not counting out ruy or soup yet so I assume the 50/50 meant between those two, me, and mac. With potassium being the strong town read. If that's not the case, what did you mean?

1. I want potato shot because I think his willingness to be shot is "shallow". I felt the interaction between the two of you was TvS with you being the T. His #70 was particularly scummy because it seemed like a way to distance himself from being shot.

>states we shouldn't be shooting a townie
>states he's ok with being shot

I also do not like his conclusion of soup scum from it.

2. I do not have a scum read of you. My first interpretation of you & potassium was s v s. After you made that statement about how the two of you were both town, I felt that not to be the case as I don't feel you would have been so openly buddyful with your partner. I still feel the back and forth to be unnatural and likely T v S. I initially went for you because you were being uncooperative. But I don't think scum would have played the gun draw game you were playing.
Thank you.

I mean that Soup was my stronger read and Potato was in the pool. You got it wrong, but I don't fault you for it. That's a lot of **** to get wrong.

I agree with you about Potato. I wasn't as focused on him but I think that the only player who could make a legitimate "I want the gun" play believable was me. Ruy's can go either way and Potato's seems very...sudden.

On review, I have nothing absolutely tangible but that gut feeling of distrust still remains. Needs time to stew.

I'm buying a Mac/Potato/Ruy pool right now. In fact, if we shot in that order, we'd probably win the game, so long as we're not getting punked by a Soup/Zen team (still plausible but no real reason to anticipate that right now).

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
your 'oh lemme act obviously shady so that I can get the gun' **** is whack as hell

Appearing to want to get shot is a red flag. we all know scum does not want to get shot and so in order to counter this scum's gonna try the best they can to appear like they wanna get shot. This is primarily the reason why I don't like Red Ryu's and your slot. I especially disliked the way you did it because you weren't up front about it, instead you were tryna let someone else "figure out" what you were tryna do.. as if you didn't want the idea to come from you

Get a load of this guy trying to load the thread with WIFOM.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
When I said laundry was town for wanting to get shot, that didn't mean act like idiots and put yourself in front of the gun doing the same thing in hopes I'll town-read you also.

@red Ruy
To be fair to Ruy he was doing it practically concurrently to me. Only Potato is really questionable for that reason.

I'm incredibly skeptical of the fact that there was a Soup backing Laundry vs Zen backing Potato situation.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Probably town, don't really trust him but I have no reason to really believe much else at the moment. I'm worried about how he's been swapping between two fights but he may just be a victim of circumstance there.

(I went back and reread last night trying to validate it and found myself mostly grasping at straws for reasons to think he's scum, ergo I've got nothing).

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
EBWOP: Especially because Mac decided that he wanted to throw the WIFOM bomb while being incredibly mechanical about it. He didn't look at each situation under a microscope but decided to throw them all under one umbrella. That's mechanical scumhunting at its finest.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
your 'oh lemme act obviously shady so that I can get the gun' **** is whack as hell

Appearing to want to get shot is a red flag. we all know scum does not want to get shot and so in order to counter this scum's gonna try the best they can to appear like they wanna get shot. This is primarily the reason why I don't like Red Ryu's and your slot. I especially disliked the way you did it because you weren't up front about it, instead you were tryna let someone else "figure out" what you were tryna do.. as if you didn't want the idea to come from you
Did you question Laundry during any of the time he was doing the same?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Get a load of this guy trying to load the thread with WIFOM.

yelling wifom isn't an excuse to completely dismiss what i was sayin

EBWOP: Especially because Mac decided that he wanted to throw the WIFOM bomb while being incredibly mechanical about it. He didn't look at each situation under a microscope but decided to throw them all under one umbrella. That's mechanical scumhunting at its finest.

what r you talkin about? i specifically pointed how the way you did it was particularly gross becuz you weren't up front about it. completely different than the way ryu approached it WHO WAS over the top with it and posted about in his first post

Did you question Laundry during any of the time he was doing the same?
this post was directed at laundry, not you

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yelling wifom isn't an excuse to completely dismiss what i was sayin
the only thing worse than trying to get ppl to think you want the shot by tell them, is trying to get ppl to think you want the shot by only hinting at it

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
the only thing worse than trying to get ppl to think you want the shot by tell them, is trying to get ppl to think you want the shot by only hinting at it
At no point did I hint at me wanting the shot. CASHMONEY wouldn't shoot me if he knew that I did, there's no way. Your entire theory falls apart on that point alone but I'd be happy to poke more holes in it.

Top Bottom