• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pool Pools (July 25th) Amherst, OH

solecalibur

Smash Master
INFO
Pool Pools is a tournament held in my basement with a bar (Off limits lol) and enough room for at least 10 set ups (Outlet and space wise), All members of OUGA will have free rooming for overnight with our extra apartment (trust me enough space for the whole crew).

Amherst , OH , 44001
If you need help with directions or anything else please call me at 440 - 522 - 8102

Date: July 25th, Saturday
Registration 12:00 Pm
Doubles Starts 1:00 Pm
Doubles Ends 3:00 Pm
Singles Start 3:30 Pm
Singles End : 5:30 - 8:00 Pm
Melee Singles 9:00 pm
Timing can be off schedule

Price :
Prices are subject to change depending on if people are willing to pay $10 for entree fee's
Singles : $5
Doubles : $5
Melee Singles (If we have time) - $5
Food Venue Fee : $5***

*** $5 Optional fee for food must tell if your going to pay for it so I can prepare enough
Food Venues Waved if you bring your TV and or Wii setup
If you signup online then I will reduce the price to $3 (If you bring a Wii/Tv setups aswell I pat you on the back and say kthxBBQlulz)

Set Ups
Currently we have two set ups at my house (with Two Wiis) and will need at least 3 - 4 more Your Food Venue is free if you bring either a Tv / Wii setup

Pay out
Over 20 people:

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Less than 20, but more than 12
1st: 55 - half entry
2nd: 30 - half entry
3rd: 15

Rules :

-Iteams are set to Off and to None

-Stock set to 3

-Time will be set up to 8:00

-Bring your own controler

-All matches are best of 3 (Winners and Losers are best of 5)

-The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

- Controler Ports will be choosen by Rock/Paper/Scissors if you want to fight over them

- Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

- In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage

- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned

- Wiimotes and Classic Controller will be treated as gods, Gods should remember to take out there batteries out after their matches.

- The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

- If a game ends with suicide and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for the player that comited suicide against the other player.

- Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

- Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

- I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

- In the act of feeding your opponent McDonalds in hopes of him having him a heart attack before the match is prohibited

Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

/ Life Stealing is allowed /

/ Set team attack to ON /

Stage List :

Starter Stages :

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
PS1

Counter Picks :

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
PS1
PS2
Brinstar
Delfino Plazza
Frigate Orpheon
WEEGEES Mansion
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship (Playing song I'm on a boat is required)
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet
Norfair

Confirm'd setups

Bboy - TV/WII

Register'd
Sole
Bboy
Crum
Beegs 50/50
Kiest
The Sìrén
King Yoshi (Or beegs will kill you?)
G$hbeeb
ArgentStew (probly not)
KingBeef
suyon
POPS (?)
FrameRate (?)

Kiest and I will both be recording matches on two TVs
Expect Grammar Errors and things missing in this thread be sure to let me know what I'm missing

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I would see if you could start this an hour earlier, tournes that start late, usually end late.
Also, you need an odd amount of Starters to do Stage Striking.

I think I can come to this, I'm at Cedar Point that Weekend (like most weekends) so we'll see.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to this, I can bring a full setup (including a TV) cuz i found one that works. lol

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Something I'd love to go too, but the units won't drive me. I have a license, but they probably won't let me drive that far by myself...

Christ, why does this keep happening...

The Sìrén

Smash Cadet
I want to come to this, but we'll see.

Don't expect me or anything, but I might be able to make it.

If I do come, I'll bring 1-3 others, and 1-2 Wii's, probably not TVs.

But again don't expect me for now, I'll get back to you. :)

Ok, so I'm bringing a Wii and...KING.......YOUR GOING!

Also in other news, I should be bringing ALL of West Salem. If not, I will murder each one that doesn't make it and makes there "Johns" on why. They will also have to write a essay on why I murdered them to, before they die : D

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Ok, so I'm bringing a Wii and...KING.......YOUR GOING!

Also in other news, I should be bringing ALL of West Salem. If not, I will murder each one that doesn't make it and makes there "Johns" on why. They will also have to write a essay on why I murdered them to, before they die : D
I like your style Beegs.

I might end up leaving early so I can go back to Cedar Point, we'll see.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I would change the payout if more ppl show up. I'm not a fan of what it is now.
im still messing around with the payout as of now what is the usal payout %'s?

google maps doesn't find your house. . .do you exist? or r u just a biproduct of t3h interwebz?
I entered my address in incorrectly my bad its
168 orchard hill dr.
its a new house (my dads new house)

G$hbeeb

Smash Cadet
ooooooook i just googled it and it found it just fine. . . .on the other side of cleveland. . .an hour away. why aren't there more event nearby. guess Ill c u all at TYM

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I've seen a lot of different payouts... 60-30-10 was the standard I thought, but it's more like 70-30 or 60-40 for smaller tourneys... I don't know what it is for paying 1-5 though, but that's for larger tourneys...

solecalibur

Smash Master
Dont expect many from my home area. Lorain since I stomp lorain tounrys and thats saying alot lol

TheKiest

Smash Champion
They should come anyway to really see what is out there.

If you have 20+, use AZ payout

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%

Less than 20, but more than 12
1st: 55 - half entry
2nd: 30 - half entry
3rd: 15
4th: entry back

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
If this is going to be on the 25th, I'll probably be able to show up... However, I might also be on vacation around this time... I also got invited to go to another tourney, but it seems like it'd be too long of a drive...

Top Bottom