• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I think the first game is the best, I didn't quite feel the sequel despite the improved control.

Elder Sister

Smash Lord
blowtoes I LOVE YOU ZOMG <3 awesome

oh well, but i knew that already when i saw your AWYP entry. :3

matt's REALLY amazing too<33
i need to come here more often to catch up with all this awesomeness.

also, Lokii you're getting better 'n better! :D
nice job

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to post this render. I'm pretty happy with the overall look, but i need either an in-game style or a renderer with global illumination.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Das rly good.

Where's the black on Pikachu's ears though T^T Unless you meant to do that.

Also, spriting is incredibly fun. Everyone should try it. Right now.

Neon Ness

LOL I didn't think you were actually gonna go back and change it.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I've seen this 10 character thing floating around Deviantart and I did up my one.
Can you recognize them?

A_man13

Smash Master
Duster, I'm gonna guess Johnny Bravo, Waluigi, and Navi (or any one of those faries that appear in the LoZ games). Oh, and I recognize two F-Zero racers though I don't know their names.

Nice work on each of the characters, BTW.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Duster, I'm gonna guess Johnny Bravo, Waluigi, and Navi (or any one of those faries that appear in the LoZ games). Oh, and I recognize two F-Zero racers though I don't know their names.

Nice work on each of the characters, BTW.
Spot on, and that's Navi and the racers are Pico and Zoda (Really hope Nintendo picks up F-zero again).

Isnt the guy in the middle of the top row Kenstar from Girlchan in paradise?
Yup, Girlchan is awesome even if the 3rd ep was kind of all over the place.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yes. Wish I could animate anywhere near as good as him.

I think I have the voice talent, but animating is a whole different story. I don't even know where to go so I can learn . . .

Neon Ness

On the bottom row, 2nd from the left is from an old French cartoon I think. Forget his name. The guy with the hat to his left also looks familiar.

We need a moderator to embed lively music in this thread. *glances at Virgilijus*

matt4300

Smash Ace
KENSTAR! What are you doing doing up on that picture there! That looks like fun... I wanna do one. Really like the simplicity of the whole thing man.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I had to remove everything out of my room to clean and prepare for painting, so all I had with me was my laptop today while I waited for the roach bomb to do its work in my room. So during my wait, I threw this together in PS. I hate how my drawings turn out. Never satisfactory. BTW - it's a character of mine. I would draw someone elses so people could be like "OMG, that's _____! So cool!" but I was never good at drawing other's works.

About a quarter of its actual size. Looks like I forgot to shade the vest.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My laptop is my tablet. screen is only 8*11 though, and it's frustrating. I had to draw that guy three times over just to get him like that.

I've seen some of your work. Thanks for the compliment. Considering what you can do, I appreciate it.

If I put more time into it, I could make it better. The problem I have with anything is continuing, though . . .

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Zio, I like the colors you shaded with for the skin!! Shading with purples and reds is always really fun!!~
The lightning-y shapes are really cool and colored really nicely too! Well done!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Cool char Zio, is that a tattoo on 'im, or lightning skillz perhaps?
Something like that. It's the result of being struck by lightening. He's electrifying now.

And Lokii - Glad to see you noticed I used colors to shade. I'll be working on the shading a little more since the image doesn't quite get across his mark is glowing.

EDIT - changed it up some more.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Like the edits. Makes the image pop more :O
And shading with different colors = <3
Makes pictures more dynamic and colorful!~

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
OK, so art stuffs.

Here's a drawing i did while trying to get back into drawing.
Inspiration behind this the result of messing around with stuff for my project.
As in here:

I thought I could make a Sig out of this maybe.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Right now it's Japan exclusive, but there are versions with subtitles floatin' around the internet.

Great movie. The fight sequences is what I'm reminded of when I see your picture.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see, sounded like a Max Keeble type thing in my head, looks worth checking out once we top up our bandwidth. The white hedgehog thing in the TV reminds me of Dante foe some reason.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Lol love the title change <3 I'll have to change my name back to orange so i can has doughnut

Is Summer Wars good? I really want to watch it when i have the time if its good.

soju

SD God

Right now it's Japan exclusive, but there are versions with subtitles floatin' around the internet.

Great movie. The fight sequences is what I'm reminded of when I see your picture.
haha this was an awesome movie ;D kungfu rabbit beating everyone up

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Expect some more art from me by the end of this week. Summer Studio at the Art Institute of Pittsburgh starts tomorrow. Gonna be working on game design projects n stuff....so nervous x A x

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Something new I started work on last night, the basic Idea being the smash dudes smashing. :

Tried to be dynamic with the perspective but ended up drawing myself into a size/distance paradox (Between Ganon and Wolf mainly) , so I'll probably end up shrinking wolf in the end.
Now I've got to ink and colour this, with a mouse, so there's still a long road to walk.

Zephron

Smash Ace
@Joeadok
Oh my gosh I love that!
The characters really show their personalities and the whole scene comes together very nicely.

Please color it soon!
BTW OMG CF lost his helmet XO
He'll kick Ike face in later...

Btw..

I normally make things very shaded and dark, so I decided to try something new.
Two little space characters. What do you guys think? Anything to tweak?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
@Joeadok
Oh my gosh I love that!
The characters really show their personalities and the whole scene comes together very nicely.

Please color it soon!
BTW OMG CF lost his helmet XO
He'll kick Ike face in later...

Btw..

I normally make things very shaded and dark, so I decided to try something new.
Two little space characters. What do you guys think? Anything to tweak?

TWEAK THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom