• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hopefully :'D
Gonna try to see how cardboard + plaster works...Does not want stupid styrofoam or flat cardboard guns. Has to be legit xD

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I don't really know much about Doctor Who, but that's a nice snazzy suit you got there.

Edit: Making your own costume seems like it would be incredibly difficult. The only thing I made myself was solid snakes bandanna... >.> and my mom sewed it together cause she didn't trust my operating a sewing machine XD

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yeah, it can be xD Especially since I never seem to get patterns...so I just kinda make stuff out of guesses/measurements and hope it works out. I really need to sew more >__>

Geist

Smash Master
lol that's pretty awesome dude. My gf's a major dr who fangirl, she'd totally swoon over anyone who even slightly resembles Tennant.

And yeah making your own costumes is time consuming. I made my own Darth Nihilus costume once for a Halloween party. So worth it. I need to dig up the pictures.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
lol that's pretty awesome dude. My gf's a major dr who fangirl, she'd totally swoon over anyone who even slightly resembles Tennant.

And yeah making your own costumes is time consuming. I made my own Darth Nihilus costume once for a Halloween party. So worth it. I need to dig up the pictures.
There was a gaggle of girls gushing over my wife's costume.

Then they saw me.

I made a point to be suave as hell, and then got away from there. I feel very uncomfortable around other girls. Or at least ones that are clearly attracted to me. My wife kinda won the rights to that, you know?

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Somewhere between yesterday and today I realized this:

The physics of your media matters A LOT

Also, how do you train yourself to have a steady hand? I find it extremely difficult to make a clean line without mistakes when using a nice micron pen, and drawing lines with a tablet is pretty much impossible. My handwriting is pretty terrible too, so....

Edit:

lawl

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You could also make the picture ****ing massive and down scale it.

Illusions of straight lines.

Because no one is perfect.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
You have a sketchbook just for that Bren? O_o I must try it...

I think my computer will keel over if I make it huuuuge haha. And it's not just that my lines aren't straight... they come nowhere CLOSE to where I want them to be. I suppose I have to practice. :s

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Ughh...I want need to buy a laptop for school....

I'm seriously stressing over this.....I really really really really want to buy a Sony Vaio C series...because 1. SONY <3 2. It's green. 3. I just like a lot of the specs in the system.

But idk if it will work when it comes to game design stuff since I cant really test it and whatnot...

AND GAMING COMPUTERS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE ; A ;

Any advice, anyone?

Geist

Smash Master
You have a sketchbook just for that Bren? O_o I must try it...

I think my computer will keel over if I make it huuuuge haha. And it's not just that my lines aren't straight... they come nowhere CLOSE to where I want them to be. I suppose I have to practice. :s
Don't draw with your wrist, it's inaccurate. Shoulder is where it's at, elbow for curvy lines.
Also practice forever.
Draw dots and try to hit them. Also ghost your lines before you actually put your pencil against the paper. It'll help with control and flow of your lines, plus the muscle memory really helps with smooth lines.
Also keep in mind that you'll always notice rickety lines of your own. Pretty much everyone has rickety lines somewhere, and they notice them as well.

Ughh...I want need to buy a laptop for school....

I'm seriously stressing over this.....I really really really really want to buy a Sony Vaio C series...because 1. SONY <3 2. It's green. 3. I just like a lot of the specs in the system.

But idk if it will work when it comes to game design stuff since I cant really test it and whatnot...

AND GAMING COMPUTERS ARE TOO EXPENSIVE ; A ;

Any advice, anyone?
If you can't get a gaming computer Acer is a great substitute.
Also I find begging on your knees is quite effective, especially if you overshoot your expectations at first.
"You want WHAT?! Screw that, you're getting the alienware."
Works every time.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
Shoulder for lines? Hmm... Thank you so much for the tips!

Roxy (you are Roxy right? o.o), he means of instead of turning your wrist to control the line the way you want, move your entire arm.

Geist

Smash Master
Global is correct Purple, you get better control by moving your entire arm instead of your wrist.
Do that for circles too. Wrist circles are gross. Instead move your arm in a circular motion and ghost your lines and then when you're ready put your pencil down and put down a circle.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
-looks at laptops-

Omg...just got new Sony headphones today (I HAVE A PROBLEM ; w ; ).....I like em. Noise cancelling...it helps because FAMILY. Esp. since they broke my last pair ; ~ ;
Ima paint on em. Im thinking purple and chartreuse or neon green.

Edit: First coats of paint are on. I'll add slight details in the coming weeks. <3 new headphones

Moar edit:

Wheeeeeee! Quick self portrait cuz I WANTED TO COLOR
(and im still gonna make dynamic pictures...just not nao o ^ o)

Geist

Smash Master
:3 d'aww awesome
My headphones have been broken for months D: It sucks so much, I need bg noise - especially for art. Gah

So who's your favorite band?

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Awww D: that bites, Bren!

Hmm....fave bands change all the time...

Currently, it's Two Door Cinema Club.
Listening to Silverstein, Emery, The Used, and AZN musics atm as runner up favorites.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I don't really have a favorite band or group in particular.

So long as the music is charming to my ear, I tend to like it. I am not fond of Hood***blatblat straight gangsta rap, hardcore dubstep, screamo my lungs out, and Country/blue grass.

But I can tolerate variations and hybrids of those genres.

Geist

Smash Master
I'm answering that question (even though it may not be directed at me) with a series of 5...

1)Led Zeppelin
2)Queen
3)Rush
4)AC/DC
5)Muse

Runnerups include Boston and Metallica (Old Metallica, like, before Black Album).
Sweeet. A million high fives around.
Awww D: that bites, Bren!

Hmm....fave bands change all the time...

Currently, it's Two Door Cinema Club.
Listening to Silverstein, Emery, The Used, and AZN musics atm as runner up favorites.
You listen to Franz Ferdinand at all? They're pretty awesome.
I don't really have a favorite band or group in particular.

So long as the music is charming to my ear, I tend to like it. I am not fond of Hood***blatblat straight gangsta rap, hardcore dubstep, screamo my lungs out, and Country/blue grass.

But I can tolerate variations and hybrids of those genres.
I totally agree with that last part. Emo angsty screaming just makes me facepalm.
Bluegrass inspired metal is sweet btw

My top 5 are probablyyy
Opeth
Dream Theater
Mastodon
Between the Buried and Me
The Dillinger Escape Plan

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sweeet. A million high fives around.

You listen to Franz Ferdinand at all? They're pretty awesome.

I totally agree with that last part. Emo angsty screaming just makes me facepalm.
Bluegrass inspired metal is sweet btw

My top 5 are probablyyy
Opeth
Dream Theater
Mastodon
Between the Buried and Me
The Dillinger Escape Plan
I saw Mastodon play at the Aragon a couple years ago. They came on before Dethklok.

Who were totally METAL.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, lately, I've been thinking of joining DA.

But, I'm not entirely sure why I should.

lol

Anjila

Smash Cadet
deviantART can have a nice community, but it can also be hard to "get noticed" since it's so huge. But most of the time it does a good job at motivating me, especially when I come across an artist whose style I adore.

Also, hello AE!

Top Bottom