• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

Vanitas

Smash Ace
"Get started"? It's a social thread! :laugh: Talk about whatever you want, or post artistic junk if you have any. If you want serious feedback it should probably go here
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=235725, everything you need to know is outlined in the first post. But if you just feel like showing off a quick sketch or something, I think it's fine if you post it in this thread.

You don't really need to make a new thread... unless it's like a whole bunch of images you want to show.

With all that said, welcome to the AE, this place doesn't get a lot of visitors often.
Thanks for the warm welcome and introduction guys. :) I guess I will be making a new thread since its a bunch of images that i drew :laugh:

Well, moving back to anime talk. I can level with you, my teachers HATE it. It's why I can no longer draw it because I've moved from it so much.

My skills vary quite a bit. I like ink. I like splattering. I love clay. (I havent done it in a year though :() I despise all forms of painting.
My teachers hated it as well...they keep emphasizing that "its not your style of work and you re copying an artists style, its not original blah blahhh"

Vanitas

Smash Ace
lololol crashboards is preventing me from actually going on this forum but i think its working now

anyways i ll have my thread up soon if any of you guys interested :)

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
OMG. I JUST SAW THE ART INSTITUTE OF PITTSBURGH YESTERDAY.
... ; A ; SOO COOL!!!!
9 floors of sheer artsy awesome. ....and they have sooo many computer labs with completely up to date software. I think im in love XD

EDIT: If anyone is interested in knowing about the school (ESPECIALLY GAME DESIGN PROGRAM), i have a giant folder of stuff they gave me. Including what Game Art students need in their portfolioliolio > w >

EDIT2: I forgot to ask...I want to get an Intuos4 tablet since my Bamboo fun mighhhttt be starting to fizzle out on me. Good idea? Worth the money? Opinions?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yes, yes, yes. Best investment, besides PS you can make towards digital art imho.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Yes, yes, yes. Best investment, besides PS you can make towards digital art imho.
Thanks a bunch for your opinions Chacooooo~

By the wayyy, i def have to IM you all the info i got on Game Design. It's verrrry helpful for college

EDIT: my dad went ahead and ordered the tablet (without my 100% consent)...so yeahhh...i guess im for sure getting an intuos4? xD

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
Im so jealous over your Intuos4.
I'm still using my Graphire 2 *hugs tablet*

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Heyo, guys! Do you think anyone can introduce me to a good tablet that's around $50.00? I'd really like to purchase one after I get my scanner! >.<! But since my scanner is gunna be loads of money I won't have enough for my tablet, either..! Please and thanks, everyone!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Heyo, guys! Do you think anyone can introduce me to a good tablet that's around $50.00? I'd really like to purchase one after I get my scanner! >.<! But since my scanner is gunna be loads of money I won't have enough for my tablet, either..! Please and thanks, everyone!
I know bamboo fun is around 100....
you might be able to find it cheaper online though

matt4300

Smash Ace
Hey guys I don't have much going on for a while so I'm probley gonna start being more active up in here...

I just found some sweet PS brushes and painted this out. LINK @o@ Its supposed to be kinda painterly or something. So theres not much detail in anything.

MLEsis

Smash Journeyman
ugh, matt, your art sux;bc it's sooo mother f***in gud!!! so, you come over to house with these skills and...i just cant believe that people can do stuff like this. i know it takes special programs; this is comp, rt?no way you painted this. ?? i might photoshop some things in paint, but that's it when it comes to visuals on the comp. yeah, i said in paint, you wanta fight about it? :p

i do my art on canvas, it's where im most comfortable. i especially love the fact that the objects,ie-link, rocks, grass, clothes, look so impressionistic. that's my fav style of painting and i think rembrandt would be impressed with your ability to make the areas in the pic contrast each other while still retaining thier cohesion.
here's one of my fav pics i painted...long background story, so i'll post the BG in my art thread that i will eventually make.

not sure why they came out soo freakin big!! if theyre too big, someone let me know and i'll remove them.

and close up on my fav part--the brook-

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Well, i've had my bamboo fun for around 2 years now and i think its pretty good. The workspace is smaller and it doesnt have the updated pressure sensitivity of the newer Intuos4, but it gets the job done for a pretty good price

@Matt: Ohwow. thats really good!!

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
I think a Small bamboo fun is roughly 60-70. and a medium size to be 110 or so.

I remember getting mine for 172 for some odd reason.

But yeah, dont be cheap with tablets, tiny work surfaces suck, really. If i establish some kind of way to sell my stuff i'd sell my medium.

besides that, does anyone dig pivot animations?

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
I've always wanted a tablet, once had a chance to get new one for dirt cheap, then the price quadrupled overnight:ohwell:

Here's what I've done today:

besides that, does anyone dig pivot animations?
What're those? :confused:

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
look at my art exhibit topic, see those moving stick figures? I animated them.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
@Today
If you're still looking for a tablet the medium size genius mousepen (8x6) are pretty good, it's a nice big size for the price. With mine my hand used to cramp up when I used it for more than an hour, but I got used to it quickly. I've never used a wacom, so I can't really compare them.

matt4300

Smash Ace
ugh, matt, your art sux;bc it's sooo mother f***in gud!!! so, you come over to house with these skills and...i just cant believe that people can do stuff like this. i know it takes special programs; this is comp, rt?no way you painted this. ?? i might photoshop some things in paint, but that's it when it comes to visuals on the comp. yeah, i said in paint, you wanta fight about it? :p

i do my art on canvas, it's where im most comfortable. i especially love the fact that the objects,ie-link, rocks, grass, clothes, look so impressionistic. that's my fav style of painting and i think rembrandt would be impressed with your ability to make the areas in the pic contrast each other while still retaining thier cohesion.
here's one of my fav pics i painted...long background story, so i'll post the BG in my art thread that i will eventually make.

not sure why they came out soo freakin big!! if theyre too big, someone let me know and i'll remove them.

Thx EML ^_^

Yeh, its in PS. I didn't learn how to paint in PS though. I have plenty of Oil and watercolor experience. Aswell as sculpting and the ever important drawing. PS is just a tool like a brush and canvas or ball of clay. Though it does make clean up much easier. And doesn't cost an *** load of cash (oils are ****ing expensive)

I'm not usually so impressionistic.. I was just trying out the brushes I downloaded and ended up drawing link >_> go figure.

I do like your painting though I'll give a more indepth synopsis once you get your thread up. (and your pics are so big becuase you didnet tell the upload site otherwise. It should have a resize option. I know Imageshack does.)

pic of link for the link+ thread in teh workshop. HES SICK OF SUCKING IN SMASH!!!!
Different lighting

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I just bought CS4 a year ago. And I'm still using Photoshop CS3 because I'm used to the layout.

I just want to see what they could possibly add that's worth buying for people with CS4 already.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I been rolling with Photoshop 7 since, like, '03, because someone gave it to me, and I don't have the funds to afford the newer stuff.

besides, I played with CS4 in college, and it feels more or less the same with a new skin.

Neon Ness

I don't even have photoshop elements :/ I can only use free stuff.
Our Art/Architecture Library still has Photoshop Elements. I don't see how people use it regularly, it has like... nothing compared to what I'm used to using.

GIMP is free and I hear it's pretty good, though.

global-wolf

Smash Champion
GIMP is okay... it's horrible for inking, and coloring is just meh. But it's meant to be an image editing program, so I guess it's better at that.

dachamp

Smash Rookie
photoshop is free.if you know what you're ding. idk if im aloud to say how to get it on this site or not. ill SEARCH through the rules later. YOUTUBE has some great tutorials for gimp btw i think.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
No, you are not allowed :p

And wow, I guess I'll totally buy CS5 eventually, though I'm okay with CS4 right now on my laptop. Probably getting it for my new desktop computer.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
So I took my lame digital camera (some nikon coolpix I got as a gift some time ago) today and did some photography . . . tried.

I really do hate the camera, and it doesn't satisfy my want. If only I had more money, I could finally get something worthwhile.

Anyway, there's no real focus to this image. I was just goofing with all the settings and did some PS editing.

:mad::mad::mad:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I finally got my tablet...sadly, i guess installing new USB devices made my computer crash. Blue screen of death is not my friend.

Neon Ness

I finally got my tablet...sadly, i guess installing new USB devices made my computer crash. Blue screen of death is not my friend.
That is beyond messed up.

I'm lucky enough to have never encountered the blue screen of death yet. Just hope it stays that way...

That's a cool photo, ZIO. :O The depth of field makes it look like it could either be mountainous terrain or a really small chunk of wood. I'm guessing the latter since those look like nails there.

My digital camera has a battery life of 20 minutes. :/

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
That is beyond messed up.

I'm lucky enough to have never encountered the blue screen of death yet. Just hope it stays that way...
Yeahhh i had REALLY bad luck all day monday
Luckily, tech guy said hed be able to retrieve the data AND i sent him my tablet to install so i dont mess it up. Again.
...AND I WAS SO CLOSE TO DRAWING. SO CLOSE. -facedesk- XD

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I have never been here before. This is a very interesting place.

But, on the topic of CS5, I'll probably get it. Just like I'll probably get Maya 10 here in about two weeks or so. Either that or wait till next semester and see if they do a 10.5 like they did with 8 and get that.

I hate Maya. >.<

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Welcome to the Social Thread, Ladybug!!! :D

So, i fixed my computer. Minus the internet and speakers and a few programs.
My tablet is running like a dream <3 Getting used to it still (since i went from a small tablet to a medium), but i like it so far. Intuos4 drawing area is feels papery x3

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Someone told me that I should get Photoshop Elements.

They said it was Photoshop on crack. Here I thought PS was THE program to have, but then 'm told elements isn't a toned down version, but a buffed version.

Go figure.

Joeadok

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys what's up?

I think I should mention that I think paint shop pro is best, mostly based on my experience, and a friend of mine seems set on using GIMP for his album covers.

Just some more BSSB stuff and a few questions.

From scratch if you were wondering

Top Bottom