• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Polygons and whatnot (mostly polygons)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahaha maybe! i really like this one

here is a sketchbook compilation that i just scanned lol

and then a drawing of the singer clara c

both are quite old material but just uploaded em

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
hahaha maybe! i really like this one

here is a sketchbook compilation that i just scanned lol

and then a drawing of the singer clara c

You're first link:
1) Is that on paper or did you do that digitally? I think on paper no? 2) That isn't on a sheet of 11 x 8.5 or regular printing paper right? Big sketch book? 3) I love you're style of cartooning. It's so happy. 4) Them poses. I need to learn to make poses look natural like that. 5) That one drawing with the hand. I recreated the same pose, compared all the wrinkles, and found it amusing that is looks pretty much the same XD It's all our hands. 6) Post more. I love your stuff.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Bren, showed my life drawing teacher your photorealistic picture....
He was impressed....and he's the biggest critic in GAD other than the mean lady.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
darkshadow, i scanned a bunch of pages out of my old sketchbook and i compiled them together in one big image

Geist

Smash Master
Kso the executive producer of the school's vfx film I'm working on said he'd show ILM my concept paintings...

Bren, showed my life drawing teacher your photorealistic picture....
He was impressed....and he's the biggest critic in GAD other than the mean lady.

:phone:
just a lowly GAD teacher? laaame.
jk lmao, that's pretty wicked. <3
Nice work, I do like your linework, it's really freeform and appealing. A bunch of this stuff sorta suffers from floaty face features, but it's old work so I can't really nitpick that fairly.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Woah o___o nice dude!!!!

And lol Styers is da bomb. He told me that my gestures didnt need to be changed for homework and I almost died.
Almost.

I wish he'd upload some of his stuff to the interwebs. His anatomy drawings make me cry. XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Kso the executive producer of the school's vfx film I'm working on said he'd show ILM my concept paintings...
whoa awesome!

Nice work, I do like your linework, it's really freeform and appealing. A bunch of this stuff sorta suffers from floaty face features, but it's old work so I can't really nitpick that fairly.
no it's fine! you can even critique my old stuff bc it'll still help. floaty as in... they don't really fall in the right spot bc there are no other indications in the face?? if so that's still a good tip hehe

Geist

Smash Master
Yeah you pretty much got the gist of it lol
Most people's eyes are floaty because they don't have proper brow definition. When I work digitally I flip my painting horizontally to see if it mirrors. If you're drawing traditionally it's nice to have a small mirror handy so you can quickly check to see if you have proper proportions

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh right right

yea haha in sai i have the H button macro'd to mirror

the mirror thing is a useful tool that i forget about when drawing traditionally. good reminder.

i dont even have one tho LOL dang it

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer

Stylized self portrait of me being super sleepy
because im dumb and forget about sleep

I like drawing faces.

Geist

Smash Master
Nice job :D I like how you do hair a lot, there's plenty of volume to it.

I've been dabbling more in caricatures lately at the suggestion of one of my life drawing teachers. I still have habits of drawing exactly what's in front of me, and drawing caricatures is an awesome way to start seeing things differently.

I'll post if they don't suck.

Geist

Smash Master
By my own standards, I don't post a lot of stuff here because I think it sucks :[
I do usually put more effort into personal stuff though

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I plan to post more works of the semester (some, not all) when I can get them home and get pictures.

That's probably going to be towards the end of the semester, though.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
By my own standards, I don't post a lot of stuff here because I think it sucks :[
That's funny.

I never post here cause I think everything I do sucks.
You guys are depressing me.

If my opinion counts for anything I don't think any one of you who post here regularly have to worry about that...

But maybe people are also a bit more comfortable posting drawings when there are a lot of other people posting. When it's just one or 2 pictures every few days it might be intimidating to show something you've made.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I was planning to draw something again, knowing my masterpieces, but then I realized I accidently installed the program for my tablet and cba finding the CD so I can't
;_;

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Ohhh ****, the CD was in the place where i normally keep my CD's in case I have no idea where else to look for them. I must have conveniently placed it there thinking "I will look for it here when I need it".

I feel so aliveeeeee

Geist

Smash Master
You guys are depressing me.

If my opinion counts for anything I don't think any one of you who post here regularly have to worry about that...

But maybe people are also a bit more comfortable posting drawings when there are a lot of other people posting. When it's just one or 2 pictures every few days it might be intimidating to show something you've made.
Well if it helps to clarify, most of the stuff is school work that I'm only just learning how to do, or a bunch of bigger projects that I'm in the middle of lol. I don't get much time for personal stuff :/
Speaking of which, I recently revisited something I did a long time ago. some people will probably recognize it from the AWYP from awhile ago

Neon Ness

Yeah, that might be nice to get started around the beginning of March actually, depending on how early we can round up judges/decide on a prompt/deadline and everything. Which usually doesn't take too long from what I remember from last time.

Neon Ness

Yeah, the previous winners (in this case Geist + Anjila) usually get the chance to participate as judges in the following round. But Anjila hasn't logged in in like a month, so we might have to look into a replacement if she's not around before next week. I'll try and contact her regardless though.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Xiivi is usually available for things like this.

If you want, try contacting him.

Top Bottom