• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll should brawl have a story mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Save points would be cool, but would it be necessary with five stock lives?!. And the story wouldn't be that long...Plus, the game has auto save at end so I just don't see( or want) story mode happening.
If the story mode is anything like a real story mode, it should be longer than the 15 minutes we have now in adventure mode, that's just side-scrolling, no objectives other than get to the end [unless it's Link's adventure part with the maze].

More Objectives + story thrown in + some sort of store and currency + save points [so you can stop and start again without starting all over] = Half decent story mode

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
If the story mode is anything like a real story mode, it should be longer than the 15 minutes we have now in adventure mode, that's just side-scrolling, no objectives other than get to the end [unless it's Link's adventure part with the maze].

More Objectives + story thrown in + some sort of store and currency + save points [so you can stop and start again without starting all over] = Half decent story mode
That is on the boarderline of story mode being similer to a RPG.
Although it would be very nice if each charater had their own story mode e.g Luigi sets out to rescue his brother who got kidnapped by Bowser (Thats if Luigi and Bowser make it into Brawl) while meeting and fighting other charaters. Some of the charaters will even join you on your adventure.

smasher_25

Smash Cadet
A story mode would be cool, as long as it isn't like, "Fox and Mario team up to free all the yoshis from donkey kong." It could be fun if just playing vs. and adventure mode got ol.d

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It wouldn't be much of a story mode if all you did was move from fight to fight through menus, that would just be a dressed up Classic mode.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
When you said "they should leave it the original way" that's what I thought you meant.

What do you mean? Like Classic mode or Adventure mode or All star? It's possible that they would be left in, which means story mode would have to be something significantly different.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I think I understand what you mean now. I was just assuming that Classic mode would still be in so I guess that's why there was a mix-up.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I agree that brawl shouldn't concentrate too much on the story but it would be nice if they had a unique story mode for ever character like Mario would face Bowser, Kirby would face Metaknight etc...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'd rather not have a rushed game, God knows when we'll hear of another Smash after Brawl so this one has to count, especially since it's Sakurai's last.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I'm kind of on the fence on this one. While I do think a story mode would add another layer to the game, it would be hard to create an actual plot with something like Smash Bros. I could see cutscenes between rivals from the same game (aka Mario vs Wario, Fox vs Flaco or Wolf, Link vs Ganondorf). I personally think playing off of those rivalries could add a nice touch.

And if they do decide to do that, am I the only one that wants to see the showdown scene between Meta-Knight and Kirby! They could recreate the whole "Kirby grabs the sword" scene from the earlier games!

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Define story mode. Are you picturing essentially a synthesis between event matches and adventure mode? If so, then no. If you're thinking about another adventure mode, perhaps with some improvements, then sure why not.

SKALLRAG

Smash Rookie
I'd love to have a story mode. I don't understand the reasons as to why people are opposed to it. If they think the story is dumb, then don't play 1-p mode. The v.s. mode is still there, I can't see it hurting the multiplayer aspect of the game at all.

For the story mode, I wouldn't mind an RPG type thing but wouldn't that be going a bit overboard? However if it's done right, it would be pretty awesome.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm guessing the reason people oppose a super long/fancy story mode is because it would unnecessarily delay Brawl even further back.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
There's no point in Brawl being rushed, remember, this is Sakurai's last Smash so we might end up getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl v2.0 after this. I'd rather Brawl come out next year with a plethora of modes, characters, items [items are fun for crazy matches] and stages than have it come out in summer with just a few new characters and stages.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
As far as I know Brawl doesn't have a release date, so half baking or cutting out modes is rushing.

DarkLordKefka

Smash Cadet
A thought that I had, maybe somebody said it already, is to have each individual character have their own customized story, wherein they battle through every other character for one reason or another.

idk, i thought it was a good idea. maybe a little time consuming to write out, but worth it in the end.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
If it is Sakurai's last, I don't mind if it's delayed; as long as it is good when it comes out, with as much crap(crap being good) as they can possibly put into that disc, including characters, stages, etc. Having a 1p story mode would be great. At the end you would fight this awesome super fast cpu that eats Brawl characters for breakfast. :)

SmashYou6666

Banned via Administration
No. We don't need a reason why the characters are fighting each others. It's just that Nintendo wanted having their characters duke it out. That's all.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I'd love to have a story mode. I don't understand the reasons as to why people are opposed to it. If they think the story is dumb, then don't play 1-p mode. The v.s. mode is still there, I can't see it hurting the multiplayer aspect of the game at all.

For the story mode, I wouldn't mind an RPG type thing but wouldn't that be going a bit overboard? However if it's done right, it would be pretty awesome.
People would have to play S mode for character unlocks. I think they should leave it the same and not have a chance to ruin it for Sakurai's last.

SKALLRAG

Smash Rookie
People would have to play S mode for character unlocks. I think they should leave it the same and not have a chance to ruin it for Sakurai's last.
It's not like Classic or Adventure mode would be replaced. You can still get the secret characters there. And has an annoying mode really stopped anyone from unlocking characters? I have friends who think BTT is a waste of time, but they did it anyway to unlock ppl.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
The more Sakurai leaves us with the better. We'll most likely get half sequels if any after Brawl, so if sakurai only gives us a few modes then that's we'll be left with for the rest of the series.

Caael

Smash Lord
I want a story/ adventure mode. The one in Melee was awesome, though this time they shouldn't make 1 course thats gets boring, on any difficulty. I'd like to see 3 different andventure modes for the characters to take part in. Because, admit it, it got boring in melee.

* Waits for somebody to yell about Sakurai, the time and the difficulty of mkaing several stages*

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
It's not like Classic or Adventure mode would be replaced. You can still get the secret characters there. And has an annoying mode really stopped anyone from unlocking characters? I have friends who think BTT is a waste of time, but they did it anyway to unlock ppl.
I know people will still do it, but it wouldn't really progress as well (IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom