• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll should brawl have a story mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I guess a story mode would be something to keep people interested in for a little bit. You would probably HAVE to play it if you wanted ti unlock some characters a little quicker, but I don't see a story mode as being better than the actual human Vs human aspect anyways.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Sakurai stated he always wanted a great 1 player mode, while miyamoto said he should focus on the multiplayer, and with the little time he had for melee he couldnt work on the 1p mode like he would have wanted, now having over a year now and with all 07 to finish, im sure we will c a way better adventure mode or he'll maybe a story mode (which i hope) XD

NilliX

Smash Apprentice
To be brief, yes, it should.

Rivalries between characters, and depending how you progressed resulted in different endings, different rivalries and teams being built up, stuff like that would give even more 1 player reply value to the series.
And if you complete the characters story mode fast enough, you get some crazy super awesome final battle. Like a Fireball-Cape Mario Versus Giga Bowser, Phazon Samus Versus Meta-Ridley...or even Super Sonic clashing with Hyper Shadow.

And Fox of course, would just be in an open Arwing battle with Wolf.

PrinnyFlute

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see the Adventure mode become more story-like. Unspoken cutscenes, to maintain the style of the game. Say, playing as Sonic, instead of just dropping into a fight with Mario, there's just a brief cutscene of him escaping from the last fight, encountering Mario with a brief staredown before leaping in for the kill.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
No. It should have a vs mode.

The story behind SSB is this. A hand in some kids room picked up a bunch of nintendo characters, and now theyre fighting.

I like it that way nintendos like..

''Story? Yeah.. right. Pwn some noobs k thx''

alpha n00b

Smash Ace
No. It should have a vs mode.

The story behind SSB is this. A hand in some kids room picked up a bunch of nintendo characters, and now theyre fighting.

I like it that way nintendos like..

''Story? Yeah.. right. Pwn some noobs k thx''
yer a big-time loser, if all you think about is pwning noobs.

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
um... who would say no?
Me. Forget the stor/ Home run/target/whatever crap, and release a vs. and online mode and be done with it....dont waste your time on a story...who cares if it gets a 6 for having no story millions will still buy it....use all that time to add add add ADD ADD! more characters.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Me. Forget the stor/ Home run/target/whatever crap, and release a vs. and online mode and be done with it....dont waste your time on a story...who cares if it gets a 6 for having no story millions will still buy it....use all that time to add add add ADD ADD! more characters.
First off Vs mode isn't going anywhere so GET THE **** OVER IT ALREADY! IT"S ALREADY IN FOR SURE I MEAN COME ON; WHY ARE YOU SAYING IT LIKE THEY ARE TAKING IT OUT! (man I'm annoyed and a little bit tired *yawwwwn*) Online mode is probably in cause I believe Nintendo is going to take advantage of WiiConnect 24.

Back on topic. If nintendo were to get rid of 1p mode it leave a gap in unlocking characters and stages. 1p mode made it easier to get characters like jigglypuff for exsample. In melee it would take about 50 vs modes to unlock her where you could just play 1p mode once on any level or however many lives you want and get her and a trophy. while more difficult characters to get like G&W you would have to play Vs Mode about a 1000 times where in 1p mode you have to beat Adventure or Classic with all the characters once to get him.

Without 1p mode it would be harder for some who don't have many friends to play with and get bored of playing with the same characters ove and over until they unlock all of them after 2 years of vs. mode all by his/her lonesome. Then will soon get tried of the game for repetive game play options, too long to unolock stuff, and no friends will like him to buy a game that suck. (Melee doesn't suck just this version would suck for me with no 1p mode). thus adding more characters would make it more furstrating for the player

So 1p mode could use an upgrade into I guess story mode. I would like to see if 1. how all the nintendo heros became dolls or 2. How they came to life as dolls or 3. Nintendo characters go off on an adventure after Master Hand After doing somthing with he did to the main character and discovering the Universe of Smash and how for say Mario would react to Link or a Fox in Space gear. (Number three is my favorite chocie) It would be interesting to get more details of the Smash universe and how it became to be.

Also Homerun contest and break the targets is for fun if you would want to do somthing else other than pwning noobs. and multi man melee for endurance with lagre # of wire frames coming at you.

That's all I got.:ohwell:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
you're not as good as u think u are so stfu loser, ya piss me off.
Yup. I'm sure your opinion on my level of skill in this game isn't bias at all. Infact I doubt you've even seen a video of me play (and there aren't any yet. Will have some by next week)

Jeremy Fiefer said:
Forget the stor/ Home run/target/whatever crap, and release a vs. and online mode and be done with it....dont waste your time on a story...who cares if it gets a 6 for having no story millions will still buy it....use all that time to add add add ADD ADD! more characters.
AMEN!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Extra 1p stuff would add to the longevity if you ask me. I'd like to re-live me newby/scruby days again before I submerge myself in the competitive scene [at least training competitively].

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
Brawl Needs...and this is all.

Vs. Mode
Online Mode

You should get your characters by unlocking them from onlinemode kinda like in rainbow six vegas, were you have to work for the best characters like say wolf would be 200,000 points and every game would be (win: 1,000 - lose: 500) and a Character like Sonic would mabey be...800,000 points... therefore when you see a Sonic online you'd know obviously he'd been playin for a while and has knowledge...assumin Sonic is Top Tier...

^just my two cents.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Brawl Needs...and this is all.

Vs. Mode
Online Mode

You should get your characters by unlocking them from onlinemode kinda like in rainbow six vegas, were you have to work for the best characters like say wolf would be 200,000 points and every game would be (win: 1,000 - lose: 500) and a Character like Sonic would mabey be...800,000 points... therefore when you see a Sonic online you'd know obviously he'd been playin for a while and has knowledge...assumin Sonic is Top Tier...

^just my two cents.
And for those of us who can't get online or don't want to play online.....?

Anyway, removing 1p would be a step back in my opinion. Why make Brawl a Street fighter/ Soul Calibur-esque experience when you can separate yourself from the traditional fighter genre altogether?

I admit vs mode kept me playing Melee for 5-6 years but that wasn't the only thing that took up those 5-6 years of my time. Event matches are like samples of action replay, break the targets is a good way to test movement skill, multi-man melee test endurance. Adventure, Classic, and All-star are ways to break the constant flow of vs mode especially when your friends aren't around [who wants to play against level 9 cps on the same stages anyway?].

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Offtopic: What happen to the boards is this for april fools or somthing. I got pikachu as my mouse pointer and the pokemon music is playing.

Is this premenent or just for today?

Ontopic: for those of you who don't want a stroy/1p mode then ignore it and play vs. and online.

SliK

Smash Journeyman
I am for a better adventure mode but story mode seems weird unless the story is of the char in there own game. I play competitively myself but i am actually looking forward to messing around in single player. Just get rid of the stupid c-stick camera mode for single player and it will rock. I hate not being able to use c-stick in single player did anyone actually use the camera adjustment?

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Nope, I remember I went to Uair one time and the camera zoomed waaaaay in and I SD'ed. Man I was pissed.

Fate-ality

Smash Rookie
It would be nice if brawl had a story mode, I thought of it many times, its just its not the right kinda game.i say yes it would be cool, but unneeded.

Green Gamer

Smash Cadet
I think that there should be a story mode in brawl,it would be intresting.Nintendo would do good with it.

D

Deleted member

Yes.

Imagine there actualy being a story, however light. Cool.

I

i8waffles612

Yea... but I still like Classc Mode the most... you get random opponents every time

fr0st2k

Smash Journeyman
Not too many peopel sahre my love for this idea...

but if you ever watched Captain N...they connected all the nintendo worlds with pipes...and you had a pipe world too.

If a villian was to open up these pipes, and gather all the villians together to destroy all the good guys 1 at a time, that would then force mario and pals to join together to battle them.

They could make a really cool story up in that sense.

But .. would it be worth it? My answer... if online play is included, na....story wouldnt be worth it. If online play was x'ed, then yeah...make a really awesome story line.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
If they did have a story(I dont want it because it would pull back release date) it should just be simple like the Guilty Gear series...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I'm not expecting or hoping for a good, deep story. I expect any story mode to be full of holes and nonsenscial [sp?]. The plot will probably be cliche, the ending will probably be cliche, the fights will probably be cliche [Mario trying to beat Bowser to save Peach or something].

What I hope for is a mix between adventure mode and classic with better level design, more objectives, and maybe even stuff like save points.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Save points would be cool, but would it be necessary with five stock lives?!. And the story wouldn't be that long...Plus, the game has auto save at end so I just don't see( or want) story mode happening.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
:chuckle: Dylan_Tnga makes me laugh, you remind me of a freind of mine who plays RuneScape WAY to often.

Anyway in my humble oponion, I liked adventure mode, but things must happen for it to become up to snuff with VS fighting.

For one, this is a major wish of mine: Co-Op adventure mode.
- Not that you would need two people normally, but what if an adventure was made taylored for multiplayer. I imiange one partner getting perma frozen by Crasy hand, and haveing to defeat Master hand in time to free him! Or maby even some mini games with one player piloting a side scrolling Arwing, while the other sits on top doing battle with droids trying to stop you from going to the next chapter. Not to mention its the best of both worlds, a lil of VS and a lil of Adventure.

Master Hand shows himself.
- Ok think this out while you read: You progress threw adventure mode on normal, you know just to test the water you know you could take hard, but hay you got a new game you can relax. You make it to Master Hand you got a preety good set of moves going, dodge drill F-tilt ya never miss, you win.

/Screen fades to white/
/Fades back in on your character/
You grab Master hand by the index Finger, yo think to yourself"Whats going on here" and you See Fox down smash Master Hand into the game! But you realise, the hands connected to something...

The form of "The Brat" is shown before you, about the size of skull kid. He is wearing a dark blue hoodie, black pants and has his hair greesed back. You also knotice one white glove on his right hand.

/Begin fight with "The Right Handed Brat"/
You think woah, hes so tiny, whats he got up his sleeve?
You try and grab him and he ghosts away, strange.
Smash, nope hes gone again.
He ghosts behind you and holds a smash attack, but your better then that!
You do a C-stick down tilt and he gets knocked down, you use this time to nleash a barrage of attacks on him!
In his now small form, he no longer has HP but precentage, so you think as long as I keep jujjleing him, he cant ghost away.
I'll end the story there, beceause you get the picture.

I may think up some other ideas later, for now Night all, and sorry for the long post! :chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom