• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #7 - What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

• Motto Mario characters, please! (Wario, Toad, etc.)

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • I'm a Link-genre kinda-guy myself! (Goron, Zora, etc.)

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Pokemon make the world go 'round! (Farfetch'd, Blaziken, etc.)

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • DK! Donkey Kong! DK! Donkey Kong is here! (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, etc.)

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • I'm partial to the little pink guy myself! (King DeeDeeDee, Waddle Dee, etc.)

Votes: 24 5.6%
  • Intergalatic bounty hunters / racers / swordsmen / space critters, for sure! (Ridley, Samurai Goroh,

Votes: 70 16.3%
  • I'm partial to the Nintendo-At-Nite crew! (Kid Icarus, Balloon Fighters, etc.)

• I'd like something really out there! (Isaac, Captain Olimar, etc.)

• Personally, I'd like a non-Nintendo franchise (Sonic, Crash, etc.)

Votes: 41 9.5%
  • I think new, original characters would be cool! (Xander The SSB Master, etc.)

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • I'm happy with whatever, just GIVE ME THE GAME!!! *RAAAWWRRR*

Votes: 81 18.8%
  • I couldn't really care less, just surprise me!

Votes: 60 14.0%

• Total voters

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
most of u would disagree with me because it would take longer for the game to made and marketed, but give me more pokeman, i dont know, maybe ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im done.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
annoying1359 said:
most of u would disagree with me because it would take longer for the game to made and marketed, but give me more pokeman, i dont know, maybe ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im done.
i dont think ALL of them but maby 1 or 2 like Mew or jrachie (dont know how to spell it :()

(also i got a new sig how dose it look?)

anythingbutnebraskan

Smash Rookie
Sonic totally.

Sonic would so add some spice to SSBR. They could pull in so many characters from the Sonic genre. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik, that bat/mouse chick, and Shadow. Yeah.

Megaman CHARs would rock too. Playing as Dr. Light.. hells yeah. or Wily.. yeah.

and Battletoads.. and Double Dragon.. and more 2-D chars.. like original FF characters.. BLACK MAGE!

yep

JFox

Smash Hero
anythingbutnebraskan said:
Sonic would so add some spice to SSBR. They could pull in so many characters from the Sonic genre. Sonic, Knuckles, Tails, Robotnik, that bat/mouse chick, and Shadow. Yeah.

Megaman CHARs would rock too. Playing as Dr. Light.. hells yeah. or Wily.. yeah.

and Battletoads.. and Double Dragon.. and more 2-D chars.. like original FF characters.. BLACK MAGE!

yep
:laugh:

Her name was rouge. Knuckles, Sonic and Shadow should join in, but tales is a gay little *****, I hate his ***. And Doctor Robotnic was pretty lame.

I wish nintendo could gain the rights to Final Fantasy. It would be sick playing with past FF characters. Cloud, Caitsith, etc. That would be sweet, but its a hopeless dream. :(

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
JFox said:
I wish nintendo could gain the rights to Final Fantasy. It would be sick playing with past FF characters. Cloud, Caitsith, etc. That would be sweet, but its a hopeless dream. :(
When I hear "past FF characters", that's not what comes to mind :laugh:
If anything, it'd be the FF chars that have actually been on Nintendo systems. Rydia ftw :)

RPK

Smash Lord
Come on people...Lets go back to the old days of super nintendo and go to super mario legend of the seven stars....LETS GO GENO!!

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
What is this fascination a lot of people have with Waluigi? When are people going to realize that there's nothing interesting or special about him and that he sucks?

But I digress. I picked the choice with "*RAAAWWRRR*" in it. :)

Gibe

Smash Cadet
Toomin said:
What is this fascination a lot of people have with Waluigi? When are people going to realize that there's nothing interesting or special about him and that he sucks?
he ripped stuff up in mario tennis.

RPK

Smash Lord
Gibe said:
he ripped stuff up in mario tennis.
Im not really the fan of Waluigi....What we dont need is another copy. There should be ideas for unique characters and not just copies. Well....A copy of Samus would be pretty cool like Geno for example =3 Oh and umm why does the does the dog go quack =3

TCV

Smash Cadet
I want additional characters of course, but nothing totally original. It would be preferred that they would be popular characters from Nintendo games; however, I'm open to see possibly see Sonic.

Pustulio

Smash Ace
Probably out eating some dirt or something.
BAMF said:
Im not sure if nintendo owns the rights to them but id love to see some of the battle toads like Pimple! There smash attacks would be awesome like the huge fist for a Fsmash or the Ram horns for their dash attack. The possibilities of how much they could add to the game excites me. But like I said i don't know if nintendo could use them.
That would be interesting!
I'm not sure if Nintendo owns the rights but how about Space Station Silicon Valley and have that little bug on there and he could take over an enemy for about 20 seconds!

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if they could add the Links from 4 Swords Adventure. They could be played similar to the Ice Climbers...except with more chaos.

xianfeng

Smash Hero

yep
NBDOD Not Before Diddy or Dixie this will be my saying to all sonic fans but I now have no problem with sonic BUT before sonic is in these 5 should be in it Diddy, Dixie, Captain Olimer, Ruby-Sapphire Pokemon, Pearl-Diamond Pokemon then you can have sonic and whatever you can have a turd for all I care as long as those 5 are in there as a playable character.

TCV

Smash Cadet
Upon reading some of the other posts, I wouldn't mind having more Metroid, Kirby, DK, or Starfox characters. the issue though would be that with Metroid, Samus was the primary character, so other then the huge bosses or the Space Pirates, there arn't too many characters to draw from that. With Kirby... Kirby ate everything, so drawing too much from that game is sort of an odd choice. DK would mainly produce copy characters, as would Starfox. That goes for adding Wario and Waluigi, unless they found a good way to make them more unique then Mario, Luigi, and Dr Mario.

Although along the lines of Mario game characters, Mallow and Geno from SM:RPG would be nice. A Battletoad would be cool because, like was said before, they would stomp a good bit.

And after reading someone elses post... I would KILL for Black Mage to be in it... ala 8-Bit Theatre.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
8-bit theatre ftw... lol I haven't been to that site in like 2 years. I assume its still running?

If you have black mage you gotta have white mage to slap him back in line. Oh and I wouldn't mind seeing that guy from Dragon Warrior 1... GAH I always forget his name... You know who I mean anyways. More characters with swords in general, or at least some other medievil weapon, I.E. Dorcas w/throwing axe lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
TCV said:
DK would mainly produce copy characters, as would Starfox.
Why does everybody say that? DK and Starfox characters dont all have the same moves. I mean Diddy is in no way a clone of DK, do you see that lil chimp charge up a Gaint Punch or something? Me neiter. Diddy is togheter with Wario one of the most likely characters to be in SSBR but thats to agrue in the SSBR topic. :p Or Krystal, in Starfox Adventures you play as Fox with Krystal's staff, anyone who played SFA knows that the creators could take hell alot of moves for Krystal just from that game.

TCV

Smash Cadet
Digamma said:
8-bit theatre ftw... lol I haven't been to that site in like 2 years. I assume its still running?

If you have black mage you gotta have white mage to slap him back in line. Oh and I wouldn't mind seeing that guy from Dragon Warrior 1... GAH I always forget his name...
Ya, it's still running! You are right, though. You would have to have WM to beat the hell out of BM. And I think the DW dude's name was something like Elric.

Diddy Kong said:
Why does everybody say that?
*shrugs* Personal opinion. It is the same sort of idea when I say that Mario/Luigi/Dr.M, Marth/Roy, Fox/Falco are copy characters. Sure they are each unique in some way, but they are very much alike the other characters. I say, if we are going to do copy-type characters, go for truth and make the different color Yoshi's have different abilities, like in Super Mario World. Blue/Red/Yellow Yoshi. Or, expand Yoshi's abilities to represent that.

I don't know. It's all good and well to have lots of character, but I think it would make the game much more interesting to have a wide variety of characters. After all, having a bunch of sword fighting type characters can be fun, but having a huge variety of character types to choose from is much more fun in my opinion.

anythingbutnebraskan

Smash Rookie
Okay .. if any DK char's.. it should be Cranky Kong in there.. and as for SM:RPG for SNES.. Koopa Wizards should be in SSBR.. and Mall/Geno..maybe.. 4 Swords Link.. hells yeah. King Dede should be in.. even stronger.. even slower than Bowser.. Metaknight.. different versions of Kirby.. new move-Kirby makes partner?.. more classic nintendo Chars.. like Bomberman.. Bionic Commando.. GI Joe.. Bartman.. Teh Bubble Bobblers.. Castlevania guy.. Darkwing Duck.. Dig Dug Dude.. Rampage Characters.. Gremlins.. if Nintendo has James Bond rights.. Oddjob.. HELL make some new characters.. Legos fighters.. heh.. Lemmings.. Gundams.. Ninja Gaiden.. Peter Pan.. Q Bert.. Smash TV guys.. Spy vs. Spy's.. Ninja Turtles.. Zombies Ate My Neighbors..

There's all kinds of good candidates.. I wish the company higher ups would have some balls once in a while and be original.

TCV

Smash Cadet
Teh Bubble Bobblers..
YES! Bubble Bobble! Is's been so long since I played that. They would be great.

Oh, and btw, I voted for the Gimme the Game option. I needs me some crack!

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Legomaxx said:
I wonder if they could add the Links from 4 Swords Adventure. They could be played similar to the Ice Climbers...except with more chaos.
Hey yeah! I was also thinking of Four Swords Link, though more like in Minish Cap (so not quite like ICs). I'm not sure how it'd work, but it sure is fun to consider. The different formations would add for some interesting attack styles, too. Four swords would make for quite a disjointed hitbox; maybe they'd all be pint-sized or changed in some other way? Or perhaps you could switch which one you're controlling, with each one using only one item. And if you're really worried about them being too strong, you could give the sword to just one of them for instance. I'm not concerned about the character being overly powerful (which can be fixed easily) but more about what sort of fighting style it would have.

Come to think of it, whatever happened to the good old-fashioned "charging the sword"? Maybe that could be used to transform.

Liveit_

Smash Apprentice
SPARTAN said:
I want a new franchise like bomberman! and also Syther as a new pokemon
Good idea for Scyther, there would finally be a taller pokemon....

Oh yeah, and I really want Meta Knight in, that would rule.... :chuckle:

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Ooh, I like the Scyther idea...I just got a bunch of cool ideas for moves that he could do (and possibly at somepoint, like after getting enough points / kills or whatever, he could quick-evolve into Scizor, with improved D and stuff...or it could be a down-B move, like Zelda...but then you can't de-evolve...hmmm....)

darque27

Smash Rookie
i wanna see some golden sun characters, cause im cool like that. Maybe some more girlcharacters too. ssbm was a sort of a sausage fest. im thnking an equal amount of males and females.

anythingbutnebraskan

Smash Rookie
Yeah more girl chars. Daisy.. yep that's all i can think of. There really aren't that many girl chars who are big in Nintendo. huh.... well... uhh.... wow... daisy..

biggz

Smash Rookie
Megaman ftw. I vote to have Megaman( or X) (or both) and Zero. Megaman would have samus's charge up and some boss attacks. Zero would have the Z-Saber, maybe a Marth/Roy type combo move, i dunno if i want him to have the Z-Buster tho....it might be too much Samus

Imagine Samus, X, and Zero all in one melee w/ charge ups...... and super scopes......

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Hector from Fire Emblem Blazing Swords. Baba and Lily Flyer from the F-zero series. King DeeDeeDee would be nice. Kid Icarus would be cool as well. Krystal would be an okay character to have but I fear her becoming too similar to Fox or Falco. And if I wanted another pokemon add... either Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, or Plusle&Minus (as a team like ice climbers). Lip from Panel de Pon would be a very nice addition to the game.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
I want more of the unknown type of people. Like it was awesome to see marth, roy, ice climbers and gee dubya in SSBM because I had hardly knew about them. I just want to be surprised. I am sure that the creaters are good enough to make any character (even sonic; not that I want him in it) to be enjoyable to play. They will figure it all out; I just want to be wowed.

rezz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah more girl chars. Daisy.. yep that's all i can think of. There really aren't that many girl chars who are big in Nintendo. huh.... well... uhh.... wow... daisy..
well......thears birdo, toadett, dixy kong, trixy kong, and that witch in paper mario
thay mite not be BIG but thay have some roles

bahamut11

Smash Rookie
Well all of them really! I mean I expect twice as many characters to be in SSBR than in SSBM. As long as they don't put in the entire cast of Mario Baseball then I'll be happy. And they have to include:

Wario & Waluigi
Daisy (clone of peach but faster and weaker)
Birdo (clone of yoshi but stronger and slower)
Dark Samus (clone of...)
etc... more clones plz and throw in some more fire emblem characters

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
haha somone's a fanboy of bahamut...yeah I once made out with the great bahamutess but then I got killed.

I don't like clones. We need more originals; like I said I just hope to be surprised. I am sure before SSBM came out no americans expected marth and roy in it. Then we ended up loving them. I think we will like whomever they put in it.

Top Bottom