• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #7 - What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

• Motto Mario characters, please! (Wario, Toad, etc.)

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • I'm a Link-genre kinda-guy myself! (Goron, Zora, etc.)

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Pokemon make the world go 'round! (Farfetch'd, Blaziken, etc.)

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • DK! Donkey Kong! DK! Donkey Kong is here! (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, etc.)

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • I'm partial to the little pink guy myself! (King DeeDeeDee, Waddle Dee, etc.)

Votes: 24 5.6%
  • Intergalatic bounty hunters / racers / swordsmen / space critters, for sure! (Ridley, Samurai Goroh,

Votes: 70 16.3%
  • I'm partial to the Nintendo-At-Nite crew! (Kid Icarus, Balloon Fighters, etc.)

• I'd like something really out there! (Isaac, Captain Olimar, etc.)

• Personally, I'd like a non-Nintendo franchise (Sonic, Crash, etc.)

Votes: 41 9.5%
  • I think new, original characters would be cool! (Xander The SSB Master, etc.)

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • I'm happy with whatever, just GIVE ME THE GAME!!! *RAAAWWRRR*

Votes: 81 18.8%
  • I couldn't really care less, just surprise me!

Votes: 60 14.0%

• Total voters

bahamut11

Smash Rookie
Duke said:
haha somone's a fanboy of bahamut...yeah I once made out with the great bahamutess but then I got killed.

I don't like clones. We need more originals; like I said I just hope to be surprised. I am sure before SSBM came out no americans expected marth and roy in it. Then we ended up loving them. I think we will like whomever they put in it.
So true bcoz we all know that nintendo will neva let us down. I like the idea of krystal but her moves shud be based around the staff, creating a sort of fox/marth lethal combination.

On the pokemon front there shud be hitmonlee/chan and possibly charmander: a smaller version of bowser maybe?

Supreme Pie Ninja

Smash Ace
I can think of enough for ShyGuy (ie: Slingshot...and...uh...etc.) but you have a point with the other two. A Goomba should be an item in SSBR. ;)

Falco101

Smash Journeyman
hands down, more mario characters... a real daisy, toad, wario, waluigi, boo, baby bowser, koopa troopas, goombas (?), baby mario/luigi, shy guys (?), birdo, hammer bros.!

daisy = peach clone
wario = mario clone
waluigi = luigi clone
boo = kirby/jiggly clone
baby bowser = bowser's version of young link
birdo = yoshi clone
hammer bros. = IC clone

not sure what toad should be like, but he should be fast and have a really good jump, but maybe be a fast faller... also, you know how the items are clones of the characters' moves? his projectile should be poison mushrooms to some degree... like maybe the longer he charges it up the longer it lasts... but that would be a really good move so he would need to be vulnerable while charging, or maybe sometimes it comes out as a super mushroom and they grow instead

ps. the hammer bros. IC clone is my fav... that and boo

Lange

Smash Journeyman
Ok well I had more than one option for the poll because there was more than one thing I wanted to be in SSBR, but I voted I would like to see more non Nintendo themes in SSBR. I voted this because I would particularly want to see some Sonic characters in SSBR. I don't really care about any other third parties, Sonic is the most deserving of all of them and just would be cool and fun to have in SSBR, and would surely fit well with the other Smash Bros. Characters.

For other things besides Sonic, I would also like to see some more Nintendo characters(ridley, King Dedede, Wario, Toad, Waluigi, Diddy Kong, Boshi) are the main ones I would like to see. The more the better, the more energy it puts into the game with a good set of characters. New stages would also, be nice and a new improved event match set and a boss mode.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i picked more mario peeps because i'm am DYING to play as toad already...he is the best. playing as a shy guy or paratrooper would be cool too. but if i could pick more than i would also like to see diddy kong in it. some more metroid characters would be nice. it would be awesome to play as viewtiful joe or a robot from custom robo as previously mentioned.

-hiroshi

Ismael

Smash Ace
There's like 7-8 Mario characters already. No more...maybe just another 2 or 3. 10 is anough. I would like a surprise, you know, someone cool, but unexpected.

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Metaknoght, King Dedede, Wario, Waluigi, Boo (or King Boo), Diddy, Dixie, Paula, Jeff, Poo and theres alot more ut these are the ones i really want to see. O yea and more characters in Kirby.

Lange

Smash Journeyman
I would also like to see more Pokemon, along with Sonic. In the past SSBM there hasn't been much with pokemon and now with 2 generations of pokemon, there is a lot to add.

new pokemon characters I want to see in SSBR are, blaziken, Raichu, Mew, and well, any good suited pokemon for SSBR.

The Immortal Flame

Smash Apprentice
More characters from Metroid, please!

Ridley is a must, being that he is a trademark antagonist from the series. Aside from that, he's very plausable - you could very easily gather all of the abilities he has from the series (fireballs, flamethrower, tail, claws, wings, etc.) and combine them into a conventional movelist. You could also give Ridley a transforming ability like that of Zelda/Shiek where he transforms into Meta-Ridley and makes use of all of the heavy artillery that he had in Metroid Prime.

This may be a bit of a stretch, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Mother Brain enter the fray, either. They could give her the T-rex body that she operated in Super Metroid (though downsized) and play as a relatively long range, defensive character with all of the weapons that she wielded. It shouldn't be too hard to fill in on the physical department, either, considering her shape.

Most of all, they need to give Samus a transforming ability. She has five or six different other power suits at her disposal from the entire series - it's time to put at least one of them to use. I'm thinking either the phazon or fusion suit, since they have the most unique abilities. She could have the phazon beam or, with the phazon suit, an absorption capability similar to that of Ness' energy magnet. Since the physique of each of the suits is different, they could also make her lighter, heavier, faster, or fall faster than she does with her regular suit in order to increase the distinction between her abilities between the two suits. With her regular suit, she could also use more of her traditional weapons, like the plasma beam.

Seriously, Samus has been by herself long enough. Let's put some of her old pals in there, shall we?

glasses

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4382-2154-1222
It would be great to have more characters and it would also be cool to have Sonic, Tails, and Viewtiful Joe in the game, yet I also want to be suprised. And I want the game! *RAWR*

BAMF

Smash Cadet
If they have megaman what would be a really cool concept would be if different costumes actaully meant different kinds of mega man! like boomerang, turnado etc.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
I didn't really know much about Meta Knight but after checking him out he seems like he'd be a good addition granted that they don't make him suck.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
How about some old school kid kool? I played that game so long ago all i can remember is that he has that lil dude that he throws.

Kwal_Tee

Smash Rookie
how about.. a zergling =)
i have to agree with whats-his/her-face who said no more sword characters. megaman would be nice despite being owned my capcom. ah well, id like to see what would happen if blizzard made some cameos.

krazed

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to imagine Olimar's moves.. doesn't seem to be working.. Pikmin would be hilarious

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
Lange said:
I would also like to see more Pokemon, along with Sonic. In the past SSBM there hasn't been much with pokemon and now with 2 generations of pokemon, there is a lot to add.

new pokemon characters I want to see in SSBR are, blaziken, Raichu, Mew, and well, any good suited pokemon for SSBR.
Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee would be soooooo suited towards this game :) . I reckon Machamp and would also be pretty awesome, but generally any fighting type (hitmontop wouldn't be so bad either). What you guys think?

Runt

Smash Journeyman
Im curious to see the kirby characters. After i got kirby canvas curse all of the characters had their own stats so i wonder if the stats would be like that in revolution.

Truedge930

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to see an aerial character that flies around with smashes in the air and only regular tilts on the ground.. For some sort of reversal from traditional characters.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
^ Yeah. Would like to see some Earthbound characters. Im hoping for Kirby characters. K.Dedede and Meta-Knight would rock.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
Intergalatic bounty hunters / racers / swordsmen / space critters is what I voted for.

Skywalker

Space Jump
They should've added a "Metroid" catagory. :( I guess "Intergalatic bounty hunters / racers / swordsmen / space critters" will have to do.

spoonyd

Smash Apprentice
I definitely like this poll but I'm all about more Mario characters. After all, that's what Nintendo is all about. Link characters is definitely a strong second choice.

I

i8waffles612

Yup IM happy with whatever!! JUST GIVE ME THE FREAKIN GAME!!!

Top Bottom