• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll of the Week #7 - What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

What Franchise Would You Like To See Most In SSBR?

• Motto Mario characters, please! (Wario, Toad, etc.)

Votes: 26 6.0%
  • I'm a Link-genre kinda-guy myself! (Goron, Zora, etc.)

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • Pokemon make the world go 'round! (Farfetch'd, Blaziken, etc.)

Votes: 18 4.2%
  • DK! Donkey Kong! DK! Donkey Kong is here! (Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, etc.)

Votes: 13 3.0%
  • I'm partial to the little pink guy myself! (King DeeDeeDee, Waddle Dee, etc.)

Votes: 24 5.6%
  • Intergalatic bounty hunters / racers / swordsmen / space critters, for sure! (Ridley, Samurai Goroh,

Votes: 70 16.3%
  • I'm partial to the Nintendo-At-Nite crew! (Kid Icarus, Balloon Fighters, etc.)

• I'd like something really out there! (Isaac, Captain Olimar, etc.)

• Personally, I'd like a non-Nintendo franchise (Sonic, Crash, etc.)

Votes: 41 9.5%
  • I think new, original characters would be cool! (Xander The SSB Master, etc.)

Votes: 12 2.8%
  • I'm happy with whatever, just GIVE ME THE GAME!!! *RAAAWWRRR*

Votes: 81 18.8%
  • I couldn't really care less, just surprise me!

Votes: 60 14.0%

• Total voters

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Okay, so I'm sitting here trying to think of a new poll, and I'm staring at the toys on my desk, and I suddenly recall a conversation I had with a friend about what kind of characters are in SSBM. He felt that there were too many Mario characters and that there needed to be more characters from different genres. I personally felt that there needed to be more Pokemon (ones that weren't knee-high or that didn't suck). What do you think? Should there be more Mario characters in SSBR (Wario, Toad)? Or characters from Link (like a Goron or Zora (or is it "Zoran"...))? How about more pokemon (gooooo Farfetch'd!)? Or more characters from the NES era (Pitt or Balloon Brothers, anyone?). Or do you want something completely new (as Marth and Roy were to must US players, myself included)? Note that these aren't who you think have the best chance of making it in, just who YOU personally would LIKE to be in.

Oh, and remember, if you have suggestions for the next poll of the week, go ahead and post 'em or PM me them. Honestly, it's nice to have suggestions so I don't have to sit here and think of something remotely interesting, chi :p

Zenith

Smash Ace
Alright 1st vote.

I don't really care but it would be nice to see a variety of characters. At least 3 from each game used.
Especially Metroid, Kirby, DK and Starfox (don't forget Custom Robo).

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Hmm, I better add Kirby and Samus genres before the crowd gets restless :p

There - and if I forgot any genre, tough :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
It's Zora, so you're in the clear. And it's Balloon Fighter, not Balloon Brothers.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
I like so many, I don't think I could choose just one. Wario and Waluigi are pretty high up there, but so is an actually heavy pokemon like an improved Mewtwo or a Metagross.

LaughingMan

Smash Apprentice
I think that they have already pulled plenty enough characters from these franchises. I want to see some new characters from other games (no more sword characters though, please >.<), it makes the game more diverse and interesting.

Aiser

Smash Lord
I'd like to see more in the metriod Genre, Ridly, space pirates, metriods themselfs. that would make me happy..>.>;

Jakob

Smash Cadet
I love the swordfighters, it would be nice with more characers from Fire Emblem like Lyn - a quick swordfighter with a bow.

Vegard

Smash Lord
Way to many poll options to vote for? >_> I'm satisfied with whatever :)

Though, I hope they won't make to many Pokémon chars. They aren't as known as they once were, and I wouldn't recognise every new Pokémon in the game, since I've only tried the Pokémon Red/Blue.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
In terms of which characters/franchises I want to see in SSBR, it'd be nice to see more characters from the Metroid universe, as well as some NES old-timers as well (Kid Icarus). With the possible success of Metroid Prime Hunters, I wouldn't be too surprised if a Space Pirate, Ridley, or the new bounty hunters somehow show up in SSBR.

However, the franchise that I want to see the most in SSBR is Advance Wars. Imagine Sami, Lash, or Andy fighting alongside everyone else. . .Sami's 1.5x capture rate would completely decimate Fox's Shine. B/c, afterall, all the bases really do belong to Sami.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
umm...Chi, you might want to put Starfox characters in one of the options. I don't know about you, but starfox definitely doesn't seem to fit in the intergalactic bounty-hunters/racers/swordsman category. Samus and CF are on completely different planes than animal space pilots, especially with the new designs in mind.

Anyway, the Way-outs all the way! Isaac, Olimar, Geno games not previously represented in smash, THAT's what I want to see.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Resting_Fox said:
umm...Chi, you might want to put Starfox characters in one of the options. I don't know about you, but starfox definitely doesn't seem to fit in the intergalactic bounty-hunters/racers/swordsman category. Samus and CF are on completely different planes than animal space pilots, especially with the new designs in mind.
The Starfox team is a mercenary group, which I associate with bounty hunters because they both get paid to go after the bad guys.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Resting_Fox said:

Anyway, the Way-outs all the way! Isaac, Olimar, Geno games not previously represented in smash, THAT's what I want to see.
Thanks, how could I forget? Krystal is a near shoe-in, anyways. I'll just add it to the catch all extra group.

Oh, and it is a lot of options to choose from, but I was having a lot of fun thinking of the phrases :D

SPARTAN

Smash Cadet
I want a new franchise like bomberman! and also Syther as a new pokemon

SimaMatt

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see another Earthbound/Mother character, or Diddy Kong..But for "out there" characters, I'd have to go with VIewtiful Joe and Phoenix Wright.

Digamma

Smash Journeyman
OMG we neeeeeed more Mother Chars! Poo FTW!
Unfortuantely he doesn't really fall into any of the choices.

I voted for the Star Fox option only for the ridiculously unlikely chance of getting Peppy. He makes Starfox man. When I got Assault and found out you couldn't play him in 1P I was a teensy bit upset.

Anyways upon realizing my choice I thought, holy balls, I forgot my most wanted character in SSBR.

GENO

So Kokicihi if you wouldn't mind changing my vote to... which option... uhh... Non-Nintendo I guess, it would be greatly appreciated.
Later.

Legomaxx

Smash Journeyman
I really dont care at this point, i just want the game. And while your at it, surprise me! :p
Maybe chars that come from the LoZ series is a good thing.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Think if Nintendo threw in characters from World of Warcraft, or Diablo... It would be fun to play just to see a Pichu beat Ragnaros or a cow :)

I want more from Kirby, Starfox and DK. But ended up voting on that Samus/Starfox/C.F thingie. Would love to play as Krystal.

BAMF

Smash Cadet
Im not sure if nintendo owns the rights to them but id love to see some of the battle toads like Pimple! There smash attacks would be awesome like the huge fist for a Fsmash or the Ram horns for their dash attack. The possibilities of how much they could add to the game excites me. But like I said i don't know if nintendo could use them.

Gonzales

Smash Journeyman
Goron and zora would be cool, but I ended up voting for "I'd like something really out there!", because Captain Olimar is awesome.

Tmnt1837

Smash Cadet
i wanna be surprised but how sick would it be if they had a creat a character mode

Krekko

Smash Apprentice
I would be happy with whatever, the game made it far with just it has. I wouldn't care if they didn't add any characters at all, I just want the game! I'm really looking into the online play, could care less about stages and characters :)

Top Bottom