• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

Edit:
Kappy - Meta Knight
JoWiiCIDE - Meta Knight
A1lion835 - Meta Knight
Kewkky - Meta Knight
♛Viper - Snake
Tiersie - Marth
SkylerSilver - Meta Knight

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
As much as I don't want to succumb to the inb4 (LOL), I really do feel that MK is Kirby's most important MU.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
If you're a Kirby mainer and don't think Kirby's most important MU to learn is MK, it's a very sad day for you.

The next ones should be according to the tier list, of course.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If you're a Kirby mainer and don't think Kirby's most important MU to learn is MK, it's a very sad day for you.
☯ I think this might be a sad day for me since I think Sanke is the most important for Kirby. Sure Meta Knight should be the most focused match up for every character, but for Kirby I'll say Snake. I would say Ice Climbers, but what are the odds of playing against them? XD

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
☯ I think this might be a sad day for me since I think Sanke is the most important for Kirby. Sure Meta Knight should be the most focused match up for every character, but for Kirby I'll say Snake. I would say Ice Climbers, but what are the odds of playing against them? XD
This is a sad day for you, Viper. But on the bright side, in PR this sad day of yours ends in around an hour.

But seriously, where in the world will you get in tourneys without learning the MK MU? Seems like everyone has pocket MKs these days.

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I´ll say marth since he is actually more prevalent than MK in Europe and just as much of a *****. He´s also the character that´s whipped out of the pocket most against me.

Marth.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I've played one Marth in bracket and I stomped him in. >_> They're easilysauce over him if you know Marth well.

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
Kirby. Kirby's moves beats every move Kirby has. Its a 100-0 matchup guys.

Nah.. jk teehee But seriously, the Meta Knight matchup is pretty important to learn

And dont highlight this, its pointless. ;D

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
I was thinking Metaknight, then I scrolled down and read this.

The next ones should be according to the tier list, of course.
I feel special. :bee:

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
@ CDog: I would say certain characters who get infinited by someone prolly won't say MK. But if you don't get infinited? MK.

I know Lucas will say D3 and DK.

The Spacies probably will say Pika, or something weird.

Idk, there's probably a few others.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I know some people say that Snake is the most important because you really need to learn how to work around his great ground game, how to gimp him off stage, and what combos put the most hurt on him. Some people also say Meta Knight because if you don't know your spacing or don't practice speedy responses you can get pwned pretty hard.

I, on the other hand, say that the most important match-up to learn is HALO.

EF Aqua

Smash Rookie
I've played one Marth in bracket and I stomped him in. >_> They're easilysauce over him if you know Marth well.
What marths you talking bout. Mine is Mr-R, I feel special now. But yeah, I'll stomp a metaknight if he's worse than I am, that's just skill level not MU knowledge.

Edit: Oh, this is Tiersie on a friend's account by the way.

HyperKeeby

Smash Rookie
Good matchups to learn:

Marth, Meta Knight, Snake, Ice Climbers, Mr. Game and Watch.

Honestly, these are the "tough" matchups for Kirby (imo), that unless you know the matchup you're gonna struggle. I'm going to say metaknight would be the most important to learn considering he is possibly the most used character.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ You will see a lot more Marth than Olimar and Mr. Game & Watch in tournaments. It's best to learn Marth as well.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ CDog: I would say certain characters who get infinited by someone prolly won't say MK. But if you don't get infinited? MK.

I know Lucas will say D3 and DK.

The Spacies probably will say Pika, or something weird.

Idk, there's probably a few others.
I disagree. I second Wolf, but learning his horri-bad MUs is useless IMO (falco, D3, Pika) since I should realistically NEVER use Wolf against those chars. This is a game where you really should have secondaries.

As for the OP, it depends. Generally speaking, MK AND ICs are the most important. Now why ICs? Because ICs are the only character that completely shut you down, regardless of your character, if you don't play the MU a certain way.
If you have to choose just one my vote goes to ICs.

Now personally, my most important MUs are probably Snake, Marth and Diddy, because OH is infested with them and we only have a few high level MKs.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
I disagree. Blah blah blah
And so if you're playing Wolf and you win a match and decide to STAY wolf, and someone switches to one of those characters that can infinite wolf, it wouldn't be wise for Wolf mains to learn that extremely hard, important match?

>_> See what I'm trying to say?

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
By my Location I have MK and ICS (Michigan) by me personally MK Peach Marth

but I also dont know wario and that makes me lose to him a lot also and i dont think it should be a hard match

my vote is still MK but you should learn EVERY MU

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
And so if you're playing Wolf and you win a match and decide to STAY wolf, and someone switches to one of those characters that can infinite wolf, it wouldn't be wise for Wolf mains to learn that extremely hard, important match?

>_> See what I'm trying to say?
Oh yeah, I do. Didn't say they were useless, (Oh wait yes I did. Okay, I went too far on that.) but as a general rule, I find it more useful to learn the MUs with the character you're MOST likely to play against them 1st, then as secondaries.

You do have a good point, but let's say for example that game 1 is Wolf vs MK, and Wolf wins. MK player goes Pika on you and ***** you. Now game 3 Wolf goes Kirby on his Pika and ***** him back. In this case, I find it was more useful knowing the Kirby vs Pika MU than the Wolf vs Pika MU, since you have more of a chance of winning with Kirby than Wolf in that MU regardless. (Okay, I'm projecting a lot here, but do you get my point?)

That being said, you have a good point, and I went a little too far saying it was useless, but yeah, I do think it's more useful to first learn all the MUs with the character you plan on using for them, then after that with the other characters you use.

Edit:

Why wasn't my vote counted? :(

Kewkky

Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I dunno fromundaman (ask SuSa? :(), but I think we can close this thread since it's run its course. Whaddayasay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom