• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

EDIT:

Z1GMA - Snake
Exalted - Diddy Kong
DLA - Falco
Tonsana - Meta Knight
T.testLP - Olimar
Reim - Snake

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Snake, Diddy, Kirby, Olimar or Wario.
These characters generally **** us hard, but on the flipside,
we CAN **** THEM hard once we get our hands on them.

(MK, Falco, DDD and ICs are all out of question, since they all are... Ough...
We can't really get a hold on, and **** these characters.
We don't have any stupidly effective stuff on them.)

Imma go with Snake
- Since he is 2'nd on the Tier List, really hard for Ganon,
but can be beat if we play our cards right.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Diddy pulls banana.
Ganon grabs banana.

Ganon gets a 43% combo that can kill against Diddy.

Yeah I see that being really important. It's probably one of the few high tiers Ganon can stand a chance.
Assuming the Diddy is an idiot and pulls bananas when he doesn't need them.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well I'd say Metaknight since he's by far the most common character, but there are so many different playstyles with MK that it's really more about learning how to fight each MK player instead of MK himself.

I think when it gets down to the bare bones of Ganon's metagame, I think fighting Peach is the most accurate representative of Ganon's weaknesses and strengths. The matchup is all about staying safe while seizing the small windows of opportunity and capitalizing on them.

Peach players aren't too common though, so overall, I think his most important matchup is Falco. This matchup is a lot better and a lot more relevant for Ganon than most other Ganons make it out to be. It's a great test of almost every aspect of Ganon's game, so if you're good at this matchup, then I can pretty much guarantee you're a good Ganon overall.

Sooo yeah. Falco.

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
It´s hard for a ganonplayer to choose just one MU, because he needs to learn alot of them to be any good. If you dont know anything about playing falcos, you are gonna be ***** by those too.

I say Metaknight because he is the most common.

Reim

Smash Journeyman
As DLA said, the most common match-up is probably MK. Since a ton of people plays him. Yada yada.

It's pretty hard for me to chose just a single match-up. But I would probably go with Snake.
First of all; he's 2nd on the tier list.
He is also a pretty unique character, when it comes to his movelist, imo. You can draw some parallels between a lot in the cast. But I think that Snake stands out the most.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
The Metaknight Boards have 3 votes on Ganon as their most important MU, lulz.
Sure, they're just beeing trolly, but I'm pretty sure all MKs fear getting choked at around 90%.
:lick:

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
The Metaknight Boards have 3 votes on Ganon as their most important MU, lulz.
Sure, they're just beeing trolly, but I'm pretty sure all MKs fear getting choked at around 90%.
:lick:
MK's get ***** by Ganon alllllll day!

Being serious though, MK is simply the most important matchup to learn. You can practice your strategies against top tier characters Ganon can fight as much as you want, but if you can't get past that mediocre player who just meatrides MK as much as he can through the tournament, you'll never have the opportunity to play the high-level top-tier matchups that will lead to good placings.

In short, MK, MK, MK, MK, MK. Learn to destroy every single MK that isn't M2K, Anti, Shadow, etc etc because you must prepare for the most common threat in the metagame.

Breezy

Smash Ace
DLA and Z1g bring good points about why Snake and Falco are extremely important MUs to learn, but when it really comes down to it, MK is, in my opinion, the most important MU to learn for a Ganon. Simply because, everyone has a pocket MK.

Yeah, Characters like DDD and Falco and ICs and Olimar are really important and difficult to learn, but the fact of the matter is, you're always going to play at least one or two MKs at any given tourney.

MK

the king of murder

Smash Lord
NNID
Dragongod
3DS FC
4656-7323-6978
I would say the most important MU to learn is everyone. If you want to be sucessful, you have to put the effort into it and keep track with the other characters metagame in order to think of a way and beat their new or old strategies. Plus, you won't get suprised by any character and their options and lose a tourney set because of it.

If I have to pick one though, I would agree with the majority and choose :metaknight: as the most important MU to learn.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I'm going to have to go with Ganon.

By playing a Ganon ditto, you will begin to step into all your other enemies' shoes. You'll see how other people see Ganon, and you can learn how to get past predictability. I think a Ganon can evolve a lot through dittos.

Final decision: :ganondorf:

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm going to have to go with Ganon.

By playing a Ganon ditto, you will begin to step into all your other enemies' shoes. You'll see how other people see Ganon, and you can learn how to get past predictability. I think a Ganon can evolve a lot through dittos.

Final decision: :ganondorf:
That actually makes a lot of sense, when I think about it.

Top Bottom