• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
I see there are differences in opinion.
If only there were some way of voting for what we think, so that we could actually draw a conclusion.

___

If mk is the most important for the most people, that will be reflected in the votes. It's what this thread is for. There's no point arguing; it's all a matter of opinion. There are far more people here who live in america than in europe, and since the mk mu is more important in usa, you should end up with more mk votes in the end. That doesn't mean everyone must vote mk.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I see there are differences in opinion.
If only there were some way of voting for what we think, so that we could actually draw a conclusion.

___

If mk is the most important for the most people, that will be reflected in the votes. It's what this thread is for. There's no point arguing; it's all a matter of opinion. There are far more people here who live in america than in europe, and since the mk mu is more important in usa, you should end up with more mk votes in the end. That doesn't mean everyone must vote mk.
But everyone KNOWS it will end with MK having at least 80% of the votes. What is the point of those threads? >_>

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
Because SuSa wants to prove it lol
I reckon it's another pro-ban movement

Also because there's a chance that won't happen, and that'd be interesting

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You can't pick or choose which areas to ban MK, so area can't be a factor. OVERALL there's no doubt MK is the most important. It's a popularity contest.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
ICs should be every character's most important MU, because there are much harsher penalties for errors. If you get grabbed it's done.
I agree partially with this, I don't necessarily think IC's is that important but MK allows a bit of slip up room while others characters don't. Notice how I voted kirby, to me, he's more important to learn cause I make a mistake with him and I die. MK is important, and so is every other match up. A ganondorf could outsmart anyone totally inexperienced with the match up, but even though MK will have a vast majority, it doesn't necessarily mean it's unanimous

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
I agree partially with this, I don't necessarily think IC's is that important but MK allows a bit of slip up room while others characters don't. Notice how I voted kirby, to me, he's more important to learn cause I make a mistake with him and I die. MK is important, and so is every other match up. A ganondorf could outsmart anyone totally inexperienced with the match up, but even though MK will have a vast majority, it doesn't necessarily mean it's unanimous
Let's take this apart, out of boredom.

MK allows a bit of slip up room
No. Though I agree if you slip up against a good Ice Climbers you're ****ed, same with a MK. He won't throw you back and forth until all your bones are broken but you're still gonna get hurt bad.

I voted kirby, to me, he's more important to learn
This is a character thread, not personal. . .

MK is important, and so is every other match up.
Some more than others, sir, and this is what the thread is about. Sorry.

A ganondorf could outsmart anyone totally inexperienced with the match up
But, the Ganondorf has to be totally knowledgable and have a very high skill level, while Falco has to have up to par chaingrab skills. It's kind of sad, really, but it is how it is.

Micklem

Smash Apprentice
This is a character thread, not personal. . .
I assume he was writing from the perspective of a falco user.
Therefore it's relevant? In fact, it's what susa was asking for afaict.

Not to say I agreee with kirby lol, but I'm sure slain had his reasons

Also, the notion that mk punishes as hard as ICs is ridiculous. He punishes hard, it's true, but icies can punish infinitely with regards to current stock, irrespective of your efforts to ammend the mistake.

If you could stop flaming people for having an opinion different from your own, I'd appreciate it. Bored or not, I'm interested to see how this turns out without telling people what to vote for. I can't be the only one who enjoyed the fact that falco mains seem to be the only ones who occasionally consider non-mk characters to be as problematic at tournaments.

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
I assume he was writing from the perspective of a falco user.
Therefore it's relevant? In fact, it's what susa was asking for afaict.

Not to say I agreee with kirby lol, but I'm sure slain had his reasons

Also, the notion that mk punishes as hard as ICs is ridiculous. He punishes hard, it's true, but icies can punish infinitely with regards to current stock, irrespective of your efforts to ammend the mistake.

If you could stop flaming people for having an opinion different from your own, I'd appreciate it. Bored or not, I'm interested to see how this turns out without telling people what to vote for. I can't be the only one who enjoyed the fact that falco mains seem to be the only ones who occasionally consider non-mk characters to be as problematic at tournaments.
Thanks for the rationality xD. And I say kirby cause Kirby to me is an awkward MU, I suck at it and I can't use what I know from other MU's too much cause for some reason, kirbys eat me up with it. Also, I've been knocked out of tourneys by kirbys three times in a row now, I handle myself WAY better against MK (and I have no practice on both MU's)

That's sorta why I say kirby; although I agree with Marth, he seems a bit simpler so I don't specifically lean towards him. That being said, I still say

Kirby

He might be an even match up, but he isn't that easy to play.

pulse131

Smash Ace
well seeing how mk would be the ''most important'' MU for everyone, id say marth.
or otherwise pika cuz the MU there well, you get it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I've just been extremely busy with exams to come back and see this thread

I've noticed a lot of posts with very little content, if you guys want this to keep going I suggest actually adding some substance to your opinions on "Falco's most important matchup(s) to learn" rather than just mindlessly spamming. I don't want to see anymore one-word posts in here.

I've been quite lenient in my first few weeks moderating these boards but I'm going to have to tighten the slack for the time being. Just follow the Global Rules and I won't infract you :)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I've just been extremely busy with exams to come back and see this thread

I've noticed a lot of posts with very little content, if you guys want this to keep going I suggest actually adding some substance to your opinions on "Falco's most important matchup(s) to learn" rather than just mindlessly spamming. I don't want to see anymore one-word posts in here.

I've been quite lenient in my first few weeks moderating these boards but I'm going to have to tighten the slack for the time being. Just follow the Global Rules and I won't infract you :)

Metaknight.
I lol'd. xDD

Anyway I still think those threads are absolutely useless. Oh and it's funny. I say Marth and everyone goes like "r u stupid or wat" just because I don't say Metaknight. ^^

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I thought he was referring to one word posts when asked to give reasoning. I would have given more reasoning but everyone has already gone over MK pretty well.

Sorry if that was misconstrued as me trying to troll, I was not-- I was just busy and didn't think I needed to go into further detail given the existing posts.

Also I think Marth is just as important as Metaknight if you are from Europe-- there are a lot of good Marth's there.

In the states, we're all dumb, fat americans who think that Marth is just a "crappy version of Metaknight", even though he is clearly a unique and viable character with defining strengths compared to Metaknight.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I thought he was referring to one word posts when asked to give reasoning. I would have given more reasoning but everyone has already gone over MK pretty well.

Sorry if that was misconstrued as me trying to troll, I was not-- I was just busy and didn't think I needed to go into further detail given the existing posts.

Also I think Marth is just as important as Metaknight if you are from Europe-- there are a lot of good Marth's there.

In the states, we're all dumb, fat americans who think that Marth is just a "crappy version of Metaknight", even though he is clearly a unique and viable character with defining strengths compared to Metaknight.
I know you weren't trolling, I just found it funny and coincidental. xD

Yes. If we're talking about European high level play and if the aim of any player is to become the best, then Marth is easily the most important matchup to learn because in any big European tournament you WILL have two Marths to face in the top 5 (Leon and Mr-R). But also, there's really a lot of Marth players in general in Europe, he is quite popular. Falco is also very popular but I don't think we have one who is as good as Larry. =S

Kasper is amazing though.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Ares, I got infracted because my sig is longer than my post. I win.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
This thread is as if you had the nazis coming to your place back in 1941 and forcing you to put yet an additional picture of Hitler in your living room. They'll beat you up if you do otherwise. In this case it's Metaknight. :cool:

Sick of MK banners, can't they just stop one day?

Choice

Smash Champion
i dont think him being the most important mu is really a way to support him being banned, right? i mean irregardless of who is at the top, whoever is played the most is the most important mu. if everyone who mained metaknight instead mained ganondorf, even though its a really easy mu and really difficult to lose you'd be facing tons of ganons in tourney and thus it would be the most important mu. At the very least it would be important for the sake of doing well within that ganon saturated community.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
i dont think him being the most important mu is really a way to support him being banned, right? i mean irregardless of who is at the top, whoever is played the most is the most important mu. if everyone who mained metaknight instead mained ganondorf, even though its a really easy mu and really difficult to lose you'd be facing tons of ganons in tourney and thus it would be the most important mu. At the very least it would be important for the sake of doing well within that ganon saturated community.
A character being a most important match-up should be a strive to get better, not to ban it. If we're really going to be such a lazy community to not want to get decent enough to overcome a match-up, but instead ban it, that's just sad...really.

Top Bottom