• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Poll - Most important matchup to learn

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Hello -Insert Character Board Here-,

I'm conducting a character-wide poll about each character's most important matchup. This is simply out of curiosity of the current metagame and every person's stance on their character.

Each person get's 1 vote, regardless of character board, your first vote will be the only one counted. So please only vote for your main character. Make's my life easier if I'm not having to triple-check everyone.

Please keep in mind this isn't your most difficult matchup. I want to hear your most important matchup. There is a slight, but significant difference in this. If your worst matchup is Jigglypuff - do you consider Jigglypuff an important matchup to actually learn? Doubtful. So please vote for the most IMPORTANT matchup.

Of course, your most important matchup may be your hardest one. But just keep the above in mind.

You can vote now if you wish, and if you cannot find this topic in your main's board. Please wait as I must wait 30 seconds between each thread to post a topic. I am going in alphabetical order and I will reach your main eventually.

Thank you.

SuSa.

Player-1 - Meta Knight
-Citrus - Luigi
Zeru Barton - Meta Knight
tibs7 - Snake
Chex-Mex - Meta Knight
ChocoNaner - Meta Knight
DFEAR - Meta Knight || May have voted in other board.
Sails - Snake
Kaptain Kong - Snake
SaveMeJebus - Meta Knight
Ingulit - Snake

Player-1

Smash Legend
My vote goes to MK since half the smash community mains MK...I would think it would be any char's most important MU to learn...

Chex-Mex

Smash Rookie
Metaknight since he's always been the best character, and everyone plays him.
If Metaknight didn't exist, I'd say Marth cuz he gets you understanding how to deal with a difficult play style that everyone uses.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
maybe the thread should be about the 2nd most important matchup to learn in order to make things more interesting? :O

Sails

Smash Ace
I feel that Snake is an incredibly important matchup to learn as a budding Diddy. If the other Snake is good, you'll learn more about the game than you will against other characters. Spacing, camping, punishing, setups, stage control, it's all there and the matchup is close. I find it hard to believe there's a more important matchup to learn for Diddy, at least for newcomers to the character.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
More than 3/4th of my tournament losses in the last 15 months came from either Snake or Falco. so...

Snake.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Hard call. I'd say MK simply because you are forced to learn how to play safe, properly punish and recover in that MU. Snake comes in a close second for all the same reasons given above though.

Top Bottom