• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
LOL, I just fought a really bad Marth as Wario who must have some serious anger management issues. I beat him three times without taunting or spamming (I even said GG) and he changed his name to "U SUCK KID", "KILLURSELF", and "UR OP AF" ["You are overpowered as f***"]. If he thinks Wario is OP, I'd hate to see him fight Diddy Kong.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It's fascinating how there are people out there who really take this **** way too seriously when they get so ***hurt for losing a match. They need to realize that it's just a dumbass game and they should be playing it just for fun.

If there are kids out there with this issue, then I guess it's only natural since they do tend to have temper tantrums these days. Aside from them, yeah, they need to take some anger management classes.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just last night, I bumped into two of them. The first was this guy who played :4falcon: (I think...), :4charizard:and :4fox: while I played as :4falco: the whole time. The first match I got my ass handed to him and as soon as we got into the lobby, he changed his tag to "SIN" (what was he trying to say here anyways) and then second match went by with the same result, he then changed it to "BEEF" (he must've thought I had a problem with him just cuz I went for another round or something). I don't know if he changed his tag again or not after the third match before bailing out but I didn't bother anyways. Only reason I lost those three matches was because the lag was ridiculously full of ****. I noticed there were times where I actually had him beat...but the lag just keeps getting in the way.
The second guy I played against was :4shulk:and :4fox:while I was :4megaman:the whole time, which I barely stood a chance against those two. What went overboard with this guy was on the second match where I beat his Fox's ass, in which then he changed his tag to "LUCKY" and "LOL" and left. Perhaps I should remind everyone about something I've been telling people in life with these three simple words: Luck doesn't exist. The main reason he lost was because he got way too aggressive and made a mistake and he deserved it. Not the most pleasant one I've faced. Gee, I wonder who's next? *shrugs*

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I've been called names quite a few times. Some were pretty tame, while some were pretty uncalled for. I typically don't care though, it gives me a good laugh that people feel the need to insult me because they lost or whatever.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Yes, It's more frequent when on teams for me it seems. They'll have "Nottrying" or "scrub"or different profanities. it just bugs me that there are people like that. Just a bunch of asshats.

Drogmyre

Smash Rookie
Played vs. a Greninja who I made saltier than a slim jim.

Played Zard, ended 2 matches in a row with a flare blitz.

Dude changes his name to "Spamizard"

Go into new match, now he's also Charizard.

He starts spamming Flare Blitz, I shield because I'm not ******** and punish his sorry ass.

Then I finish the match with Flare Blitz again.

Change my name to "umad" and laugh my ass off.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Fought yet another crappy Marth that changed his name to "F*CK YOU" and left once I beat him.

I was also playing 2v2 online with my brother when we ran into some guys who, before they even fought us, kept changing their names to "U SUCK", "UrBad", "TakeNotes", etc. Of course like any average trash talker, they left when we beat them on the first round.

pixelatedcody

Pixelated Inkling
NNID
cncody
It happens to me all the time, regardless of winning or losing.

It's really frustrating when you just want to kick back, play the game and learn from your losses/wins only to have piles of salt thrown in your face.

Someone even followed me all the way into the MIIVERSE just to post on a Hyrule Warriors post of mine after I won "WHY YOU LEAVE AFTER THE THIRD MATCH".

Like are you serious? I could maybe understand a little bit if FG had a ranking system in place but man....

AreJay25

Got called a "scrub" by an amateur Diddy Kong because he "won" against my Ganon. Keep in mind I SUCK with Ganon, and I SD'd trying to do a Side-B near the ledge. -_-

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
I haven't played the Wii U version much recently, so I don't know what those players are like now, but players on the 3ds are starting to get under my skin. Every day, I see a few players on there who teabag whenever they score a ko, and it is a problem I never remember seeing on the Wii U version.

Honestly, I can't wait to see people being sore winners and sore losers on the character select screen again. At least I can get a laugh out of that whenever it happens.

Last edited:

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
ITT: Sensitive people

Coming from years of Starcraft 2, the "salt" I get from For Glory or what not, tastes like honey. Smash is not stressful nor should it anger people as it does to some so much.

Losing a 30-40 minutes match is brings salt that tastes like rotten blood.

If I could word what I said above in a less condescending way I would. I'm seriously no better than any, but COME ON! When I read comments saying, "I got so angry I threw and broke my controller" and many other comments being so devastated by some smack talk or taunt or "teabagging".... what is there to say?
And I don't know why but there's been SO many stories of people who knew a person who arrogantly says he's the best and then he gets rekt and then he is just filled with johns.

But ESPECIALLY on /r/smashbros, I can't help but get a very dominant negative, immature, hateful vibe from extremely egotistical people who take things way too personally on a whole new level. I don't get what goes in these people's minds.? Do they expect to win every single game or something? I feel like for some reason there's a significant number of people who have problems with denial and still hold on to the belief of them being the best even after they get rekt multiple times.

It's quite an obvious statement but life is much easier if you already accept there are going to be times when you win and times when you lose. You should also accept that there are those who deal with losing poorly and smack talk. Smash shouldn't be an emotional roller coaster unless you're in grand finals and the jack pot is like $1000 or something. But in For Glory? (no comment)

People here at Smashboards are great though :) (probably cuz melee fans don't raid and bash Smash 4 so often)

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
As a Sonic main, I seem to get quite a bit of this harassment, unfortunately :(

Just fought this Villager whom I lost to, sadly. He was a good one, no doubt, and I wanted a shot at trying again until he changed his tag to "UR-TRASH" and a few other foul names. i just decided to just leave after seeing that, as I'd rather not waste my time playing with someone who feels the need to berate someone over what's supposed to be friendly competetion, ESPECIALLY if they do it after the victim lost.

Although, I won't deny that I've had some good laughs out of their salt as well. Soon after the first situation above, I encountered a Dr. Mario who was decent. I guess he didn't like me getting the winning KO on the last second of the match....
He actually sent me a friend request telling me "kill yourself pos sonic main". Sigh...some people.

My counter to salty players online is simply changing my tag to "LOL" and leaving.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
The worst/dumbest kinds of people are the ones who name call you BEFORE they even fight you.

I was playing with my brother online on 2v2 when a pair of people joined and changed their names to "JUSTOVER18", "CANTHITME", "USUCK", etc. before we even fought. At the last 5 seconds we were in the lead and we had about 130% each vs them with about 0% each, so like any smart person we decided to split up and dodge so we wouldn't get killed (we usually don't do this but we did it this time just to make them mad). We won and they changed their names to "KEEPRUNNIN".

The next match they just failed miserably as Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt. They then changed their names to "SPAM" (ironic since he kept using Dr. Mario's super sheet). We changed our names to "LOL" and "So Salty" then left.

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Typically I get called things whenever I win rather than lose. "spammer", "coward", "1 move", etc.

Ironically though, I've gotten compliments from people before too. "ur good" and similar comments.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I got called "ROLT" "YOUSUCK" in a match for like 2 minutes, she played really immature. didnt won tho due lag

it sucks that you cant find the Miiverse profile on miiverse and block them, since I am getting tired of their ****.
I know you can ban after a fight but all insults are coming on character select screen and not at victory screen

Last edited:

Zatman

Smash Rookie
I have been called names like... 3 times over 1500+ matches. Nothing too personal.
I use tags like GG every now and then, but it really have to be a damn Good Game.
One thing that just confuses me are people who use tags like "U=LAG" or "UNetSucks".

OK so first of all...What makes them think that lag is other persons fault?
Can`t it be like players being too far from each other, or any other possible cause? Why automaticly blame the other player?
I just use tag "2Laggy,sry" and leave. Same general idea, but more polite. Is it really so hard?

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
I think I have really bad luck with FG players, because I get called stuff left and right, when I win AND lose.

I know they're empty words from some random person across the planet, but I wish the online community was more relaxed and mature, like Smashboards itself. It's tiring.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I just got matched with an Ike player (who, notably, SD'd fresh out of respawn with his Up-B), and he changed his tag to "PAYTOWIN" after losing once to my Mewtwo. I handled the situation properly by changing my tag to a bunch of $, promptly causing him to ragequit.
Seriously, Mewtwo's not even on sale yet...

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I got called "ROLT" "YOUSUCK" in a match for like 2 minutes, she played really immature. didnt won tho due lag

it sucks that you cant find the Miiverse profile on miiverse and block them, since I am getting tired of their ****.
I know you can ban after a fight but all insults are coming on character select screen and not at victory screen
Blocking someone from any and all communication with you is possible. Go to your friends list and there should be a "Users played with" or something at the top corner, find the player, view their profile and you should find a "Block" button towards the bottom.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
I've been called many things, one dude said 'Cmon Bish' i lost, he said 'Suk It', then i won and he changed it back. I dunno why i kept playing them but i did, he won the next couple. changed some more and left.

I just clicked onto the next person.

I just laugh, it's a game, i get beaten over 50% of the time. i SD a fair bit and love going for wall jump aerials and off stage battling. Its not about the W/L for me in smash, especially FG. It's just about fun, and my fun comes from trying sick moves and combos.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
God, the amount of tryhards on FG is mindnumbing.

I suggest we shoot FG trolls out to mars and leave them there.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I might as well just go ahead and improvise by creating some tags just in case I bump into one of those again, just for the humor of it.

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I find those types of people all the time. They always call me a spammer for useing ness.
Same here since I main Sonic. I mean I can't help it that most of my moves have me spinning into a ball O.o

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Last night, I fought a Captain Falcon user whom I barely did anything. He ran like a dog on both his stocks, changed his tag to "LAAAAAG" and stormed out. No idea what he was yapping about cuz the online during our match worked fine to me.

InfinityAlex

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4871-5777-3906
Last night, I fought a Captain Falcon user whom I barely did anything. He ran like a dog on both his stocks, changed his tag to "LAAAAAG" and stormed out. No idea what he was yapping about cuz the online during our match worked fine to me.
While lag can really mess you up (especially if you're a projectile based fighter), but a lot of people just throw it out as an excuse for losing.

BurstPanther

Smash Apprentice
While lag can really mess you up (especially if you're a projectile based fighter), but a lot of people just throw it out as an excuse for losing.
I find lag affects me more playing a precision fighter like Falcon. I feel projectile based fighters can sit back and spam which covers the lag and gain an advantage. Imo

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The lag does **** me up every once in a while no matter who I play as. I just assume it's probable because my Wi-Fi sucks ass or that my router is located at my living room while the Wii U is in my bedroom.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I was wrecking some Sanic player who changed his tag to "SPAMMER" after I won like three times in a row, but I don't know what I was supposedly spamming because I was playing Captain Falcon and mixing up pretty well to my knowledge.

I beat him a couple more times and he changed it to "USUCK" so I changed mine to "GETGOOD" and he left.

AreJay25

Some guy said "USUCKKID" after our match.
Keep in mind that he was a roll spamming, overly defensive Peach that got two stocked. And I'm not a kid...

Last edited:

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
Just yesterday, I was called "coward, ****, usuck, ****u, noob,scrub, suckadick, spamer, reported." all by the same guy. I'm pretty sure that it's a routine for the guy at this point.

Last edited:

Alga

Smash Rookie
NNID
Yostud
Been called names like "Spammer" "Ur cheap" F**K YOU" and "Kill urself"
I really don't get it, if i get salty (which i rarely get) i just leave.

Top Bottom