• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Poll* Have you ever been called names on FG?

Have you ever felt personally victimized by For Glory?

• Yes

Votes: 399 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 208 34.3%

• Total voters

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Lately it's been friendly tags for me, although there's still a few poor sports.

There's this one guy I beat and he's like NotTrying so I put PLAY2WIN. Then I beat his Falcon again and he's saying CHEAP so I put PLAY2WIN again. Picks Pit to copy me and get's two stocked, puts in PITSUX, so I put I WON in. Then he picks Diddy, after the patch and everything, and gets two stocked again. Sticks around right up to when the match would of started and then flees without a word. Heh.

Another guy chased me down to my Miiverse profile and said he'd false report me if I didn't say he was better then me. Instead I report the message and report all the profane garbage he had in his profile and he gets perma'd.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
A while back I encountered this :4falcon: player. 2 stocked him as :4sonic:. Afterwards, he changed his tag to "IMAINSONIC". I thought to myself, "Oh dear. Not one of these guys." So, our Sonic ditto follows, and it was very close. I won with a well-timed forward smash as he spindashed right at me. He was a good player too, we were pretty even exhanging hits/punishes and all. After the match, he then changed his tag to "RESPECT" and left. That was a pretty cool moment. I wouldn't have minded to play him a few more times, though.

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
In Free-for-All in For Glory, I was having a grand series of good matches with this particular group; one player later left, soon replaced by some guy whose username I fortunately don't remember. He was one of those Ness players. Y'know, the ones who like to spam PK Fire and the PK Thunder recovery as if it's going to do anything..... right?

Here's the problem:
He never won.
But oh my word, he sure as hell made everyone else play much worse.

Keep in mind that there's the inevitable input lag and occasional lag spike going on (four players whaaa), so here's 3 other players having some serious exchanges of hits, only to be interrupted by PK FIREPK FIRPK FIPK FIRPKFIPKFAURasd9q90h103h0e :4ness:

So 10 matches later, after getting slightly salty enough to put my tag as "omg ness.", I pick Jigglypuff because screw it whatever, pocket mains are fun. The Ness player happens to win that single match. Taunted. Put his tag as "IWIN". Leaves.

I wasn't even mad at that point. Thank you for leaving the room, but god save the souls who have to deal with that later on.

There appears to be a trend in fighters that are prone to engaging in this sort of behavior. Here's my top 5 fighters that tend to do this, just from my experience in the FG world, anyway. 1500+ matches.

1. Little Macs
2. Captain Falcons
3. Jigglypuffs
4. Yoshis
5. Links

This is just from what I've seen, of course; the player's attitude doesn't depend on the fighter present. I guess these tend to attract more kids (and sometimes, grown adults, sadly) with those nasty attitudes.
Remember the time all 5 of those were Little Mac and only Little Mac? :4diddy:
Just got matched with a :4mario:who beat me once - taunting and teabagging all the way - and changed his tag to "GET*REKT". I rematched him and barely lost the second match - with even more teabagging from both parties - and he changed his tag to "Noob" before immediately running off like a little :i6rkW:.
Y'know, I hate that I have to hate Super Freakin' Mario this much because of FG...
Yeah. Mario isn't broken by any means but he's designed to reward the player for just pressing buttons. Yknow, when people say "get rekt", i wonder why they feel so proud, like what was groundbreaking about them winning the game? someone was going to win anyway. it's even better when they use someone like Mario, Ness, Captain Falcon, or Little Mac; what was so new that you brought to the table? It's just Mario; I'm going to take a wild guess and say he barely won that second match via Front Smash (specifically the sour spot because hey it still kills at high percent) or Down Smash after rolling around several times.

I thought to myself, "Oh dear. Not one of these guys."
lmao

Last edited:

Mecha Mario

Smash Rookie
NNID
MechaMarioAE
3DS FC
1993-8462-2177
Yup, been called names before. Tags usually includes, but not limit too: "USUCK" "SPAMMER" "UR GARBAGE" "DIE!" etc. Funny thing is when these tags happen, I usually two stock most of them, so I ignore them. Usually whatever the bad tag is, I just say "You too!" right back at them. After that, they either leave, leave myself if not in the mood for some schooling, or play another match and whoop them with my main. Then report, block, and leave.

Do like when the tags are friendly tho, and I'll be friendly right back!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I fought a guy last night that had the tag "UrSalty" the whole time. He already had that tag when we got hooked up.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
On 2v2 FG there was a player that was doing bad who kept changing their name to things such as "FACK YOU", "USUCK", "DUMBSPAM", etc. He tried to spam us by using Charizard but failed miserably and went back to the insults. When he did manage to win as Ganondorf in a sudden death, he kept changing his name to things such as "REKT", "SO BAD", etc. (because winning in a sudden death totally shows how good you are). He then left after switching between insults about 10 times.

I also fought a Fox recently named NGGR (gee, I wonder what that word is supposed to be) and beat him without taunting/spamming. Of course he says "URBAD", "SPAMMER", then leaves (though not before I said "LOL" and "So Salty").

Last edited:

Ryuki of Spiral Rhapsody

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Spiral_Rhapsody
Gee, it sounds like the :shaker: are more common on Team For Glory.
which... makes sense. de facto, it is the one mode in for glory that can cause the most sodium outbreaks.

imagine the nonsense you find on any For Glory match.... spamming moves which, on paper, aren't wise but those players win anyway. imagine being smashed hard and then you get double taunts. imagine (this is the one that actually hits home for me) your own teammate being a deliberate jerk and making it so that you will lose. the whole rule saying self-destructing too much results in a ban is too easy to dodge, especially when all my teammate has to do is run past the pair of opponents throwing attacks, get hit, then continue running as if it was a KO.

I try my best to not rely on my teammate, but it's not fun having someone who just prioritizes your own failure over playing the game. the most "fun" things are the most exploitable things.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
Played some 2v2s as well recently, just myself with a random. We beat the other team pretty badly, Falcon and I can't remember the other guy. Before the second match, Falcon player changes his name to "LIFE?". Wasn't sure who he meant that towards...until he started pursuing me the whole match XD. He gets one KO on me, expends all of his taunts on the spot, gets up-smashed. I was playing everyone's favorite blue hedgehog again this time. We won again, he leaves instantly.

Gee, Falcon players must really hate Sonic apparently. Guess they're jealous that they can't outrun or catch us XD.

Last edited:

JipC

Smash Journeyman
Before you say "WELL YOU SHOULD BE PLAYING BETTER" or "THIS IS COMMON IN ALL GAMES NOT JUST SMASH" or "THIS TYPE OF THING MAKES ME PLAY HARDER" or "YOU'RE BEING TOO SENSITIVE".
It's disgusting that people even do this but yah, I honestly think you seem to take it way too personal. Just think of how idiotic one has to be to "troll" on a family friendly games online mode, through a nametag system that only allow 10 characters. The people who do this really must not have much else going for them.

I do agree that its gross and annoying, though sometimes I just find it downright hilarious and keep playing even if I'm losing just to see what else they'll type out. For example I was just playing some guy yesterday and he had a whoe slew of tags made just to "insult" people on FG. After the first match it was
"TAUNTING" "?" "REALLY" "?" "PATHETIC" "IMBECILE"
Beat him again
"RUNNSPAM" "AND" TAUNTING" "REALLY" "?" "PATHETIC" "IMBECILE"
He beat me again because at that point I was only focused on just spamming Mario's fireballs and he was using Yoshi
"EXACTLY" "IMBECILE" (leaves even though I beat him more times than he beat me)
Just learn to laugh and ignore. Unless its something particularly entertaining I instantly leave when I see someone trying to "troll" me through their tags.
Just a moment ago I was facing off against a typical douchey Falcon who spammed taunts/crouches/rolls. When he tried to insult me I couldnt understand a damn word since the guy was actually japanese

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I havent been insulted, but i had had a time where one player called someone out and pointed out i carried him despite his trolling.

I had a weird guy today with "NO•BADTEAM" as his handle then changed it to "LEAVE" and waited til the timer went out for the bad scrubby people to leave.

Last edited:

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I havent been insulted, but i had had a time where one player called someone out and pointed out i carried him despite his trolling.

I had a weird guy today with "NO•BADTEAM" as his handle then changed it to "LEAVE" and waited til the timer went out for the bad scrubby people to leave.
Had a guy similar to this in "For FUN" 4 player, no teams. Myself as :4sonic: and he was :4littlemac:. Got angry at all of us because he thought we were teaming up on him, while really he just kept running into random attacks constantly. Eventually started panning through tags, telling each person to leave. Heck, it may have been the same person.

Last edited:

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I don't think I've ever actually talked about this before but Smash Ladder is starting to get pretty bad and full of salt too. Two specific instances stick out in my head.

One time I was playing ROB and he started with like Falcon or something and when I beat him he switched to Toon Link. He didn't say absolutely anything about my ROB in the chat until after when you leave those comments and ratings for the other player, I checked and he wrote "kept spamming down B, no fun =(" when this little mother****** was SPAMMING ITEMS WITH TOON LINK. When I confronted him about it in the main chat he just said the same thing and when I asked why he kept taunting whenever he took a stock off of me he was like "bc i rekt u ;)". I was like "well no you didn't because I won, but w/e man" He said he switched to Toon Link because I was abusing down b when I only actually used it once or twice per stock lmao. needless to say he was garbage.

Another time this guy put 1/3 for my funness factor because I beat him with Yoshi. He was playing a Mario and he would up B and land on stage instead of the ledge. Did he think he wasn't going to be punished for that? I noticed that when people don't say hi or anything in the minichat, then they're usually tryhards.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
I get insulted a ton when I use Shulk, for some reason... They always say that I'm just spamming my monado arts... but how do you "spam" those? Most understandable hate I've gotten is if I use Fox's blaster too much, but even then that thing is so slow they should be able to punish it.

Freezie KO

Smash Journeyman
I got "Spam?" the other day when I was playing my Olimar. I just changed my tag to " :) ", which I usually use when someone uses a tag like "RESPECT." He then went on to play Falco, Link, and Samus and do nothing but roll and fire projectiles. He still lost all those matches, although the Falco match was close because the reflector seriously limits my options.

Today, I was playing someone I thought was friendly. He crouched twice at the beginning of every match and waited for me to do it. Our matches were close at the beginning, but I gradually beat his main (Falcon) more and more and then played through all his secondaries and didn't lose a single match. He changed his tag to "A.S.S.Hole" and left.

As a bright spot, I also played someone today who did change their tag to "Good Game" after every single match. So I'm not against communication.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I've got three. One was back when I began playing online, I played against a Luigi who was pretty good and was beating me game after game. I thought he had fun and then..."BORING!". I have the No Johns philosophy, but I was playing a little worse due to being tired on that day.
Yesterday I had two situations: One was not name-calling, but Johning and also understimating me: After playing three games with Kirby and Jiggly, he says "LUCK.LOL" when I beat his Bowser as Jiggly. I proceed to kick his *** (can I say that word on Smashboards?) as Falcon and say "SKILL". After that, I logged out.
After that, I played a spammingly agressive Toon Link who kept throwing projectiles on me and using Smashes/Aerials every time I approached. Kirby is light, so I loss in a matter of time. I was going to salute him with ":)" and rematch, but he said "IAmANoob" and "PoorBaby". I said "Hilarious" and logged out.
The moment the player who lost/won is polite, it gains my respect. But, the moment it proceeds to be a douche I prefer to save the time for another player.
Edit: Oh, another one. This friday, I was waiting for some player to join and comes this one (don't remember if it was a girl or a boy) who writes "BE KIND" on the tag, and... quits?? How am I not being kind if it did not begin yet?!
Yesterday, there was also the good ol' Charizard spamming Flare Blitz who I was hitting every time he tried to hit me with it and I wasn't stopping it. Guess he wasn't feeling it; he SD'd both stocks, following by me taunting twice. The game was smooth; he says "LAG!" and quits. Like, what? The fact that I'm stopping you everytime means that the game is lagging?!

Last edited:

Nexin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nexinitus
That reminds me, a few days ago I got one for the first time in a while. I ran into another Palutena player, and while he wasn't amazing, he was still fun to fight. After our second match, I was going to compliment him when I noticed that he changed his tag to "HopeU•Burn" because I beat him twice.

The best part was that immediately after I left, I decided to check my friend list to see if any of my friends were playing at the moment. I noticed that I received a friend request, and sure enough, it was from him. With a first impression like that, it should be no surprise that I declined his request.

Hylian42

Smash Rookie
Does saying you mad bro count? I was playing a team battle with a friend and I accidentally died right at the end which caused us to go into sudden death. They won and put that as their names. It was the only time they won.

Puchero

Smash Rookie
I played a Link who spammed, A LOT. Like he would be on a spot where he could hit me with his sword and he would instead use arrows. He won and changed his tag to ''sKrUb'' and ''LearnHow2Play''. Pretty respectful guy, considering I had ''4Fun'' as my tag.
I then picked Toon Link and beat him using a reasonable amount of projectiles. And he had to be trolling, because he changed his tag to ''STOP·SPAM'' ''N00b''.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Just fought a Toon Link by the name of Edge who couldn't beat my main but could go last hit with my secondaries and called me a noob. :C Even a match where I SD'd immediately and he still lost. Oh well. Haters gonna hate. lol

I would like to add Sportacus' ***** Plz **** Sonic to that. Drowning in salt tonight. lol

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I fought a Little Mac today who somehow landed a KO punch even though I rolled behind him when he did it (I somehow appeared in front of him when I was hit, might have had to do something with hitting Wario's bike). When the match ended he said LOL and left. Not sure if he was LOLing at the weird punch or just me in general.

Last edited:

roymustang1990-

Smash Ace
NNID
RoyMustang1990
This guy on glory mode told me to "grow up" and called me " **** sucker" after I gimped his little Mac.His insults make no sense because if I didn't know any better,he is the one that should that he "growing up " especially from losing an online match where your bound to experience lag no matter what,and especially when your playing as little Mac,of course a opponent like me will try to gimped max since his aerial game is lacking.

Another encounter was when this guy said " your garbage" after he two stocked my zard for the first time breaking the long losing streak I was giving him with zard beating every character he switched to.

Ugh

I wish costum tags could be disabled somehow.

Last edited:

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
I had the best one yesterday... I've faced this Spamus. When we were pretty even, I tried to Kirbycide and in the moment I pressed :GCA: to kill him, I SD'd. It was pretty funny, and I said "LOL!!!!" at my tag. He said "niños...", which makes me think about two things: 1. He is a Spanish speaker. 2. He is one of those people who thinks we speak Spanish in Brazil. FYI, Spamus player, we speak Portuguese!
Then, we had another one. Pretty close game, but this time I got him with the D-Air spike. He then said "try harder" and "salty kid". I said "HowMature!" and "GoodNight". I love when people assume that the loser is always salty. Also, I just won. How am I salty if I just won one freaking battle! For Glory Logic.

qwfwfq

Smash Cadet
I encounter a fair amount of "LOSER" and "YOU SUCK" type of stuff. Never really in Glory 1v1 though. Mostly in 2v2. There was only one very alarming thing that happened. I use my roommates mii profile so people often assume they're playing against females when matching up against us. My girlfriend and I were playing this particular time. So this one time this guy starts asking how old we are. I lie and say twelve. He gives a smiley face and says let's video chat. Keeps asking all these creepy questions and generally tries to lure us into skype. Dude had a beard and a creepy smile on his mii. Looked much older than a twelve year old. Made me wonder how many people out there are preying on younger kids. I understand a little better why Nintendo wouldn't allow for more open communication.

Velmonte

Smash Cadet
NNID
Velmonte
I encounter a fair amount of "LOSER" and "YOU SUCK" type of stuff. Never really in Glory 1v1 though. Mostly in 2v2. There was only one very alarming thing that happened. I use my roommates mii profile so people often assume they're playing against females when matching up against us. My girlfriend and I were playing this particular time. So this one time this guy starts asking how old we are. I lie and say twelve. He gives a smiley face and says let's video chat. Keeps asking all these creepy questions and generally tries to lure us into skype. Dude had a beard and a creepy smile on his mii. Looked much older than a twelve year old. Made me wonder how many people out there are preying on younger kids. I understand a little better why Nintendo wouldn't allow for more open communication.

Holy cow, dude O.o

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
This was weird. I fought a Link as Wario and didn't use the bike too much. He kept changing his name to stuff like "JAJA", ": )"and then "PLEASE" "NO" "SPAM" "FIGHT" "FAIR". I fought him again and almost never used the bike and he said something like "THEGAS" "AGAIN" ":O" [I beat him both times with Wario's waft]. Not sure if he was impressed with my kills or mocking me for playing as Wario.

Off topic but what exactly does JAJA mean? I've seen it used as an insult but can't find any good definition outside of being a Spanish laugh (unless if that's the definition).

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
This was weird. I fought a Link as Wario and didn't use the bike too much. He kept changing his name to stuff like "JAJA", ": )"and then "PLEASE" "NO" "SPAM" "FIGHT" "FAIR". I fought him again and almost never used the bike and he said something like "THEGAS" "AGAIN" ":O" [I beat him both times with Wario's waft]. Not sure if he was impressed with my kills or mocking me for playing as Wario.

Off topic but what exactly does JAJA mean? I've seen it used as an insult but can't find any good definition outside of being a Spanish laugh (unless if that's the definition).
I do believe that's the Spanish laugh right there. Can't think of anything else I have no knowledge about.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Just last night, I fought a Ganondorf user who apparently had the "LAG" tag when we got hooked up. He beat me in our first match, then changed to "NOOB" (really, I've seen this word being tossed around countless times and I still don't know what in hell's name it means) and then I beat him in the second match, changed to "USUCK" (which I simply replied with "Thanks!:)" just to humor myself). We went for a third round, which, unfortunately, I wasn't successful. He left afterwards without saying anything. I guess he got irritated by my response to his last tag. Eh...

TerraCaty'

Smash Cadet
NNID
IndubitablyMe
3DS FC
1118-0357-0894
EVERY TIME MAN I FEEL YOU
Here's what I can think of off the top of my head.
GetBopped, Scrub, Mac4scrubs (enter any character name) , Fgt, Loser, GetRektM8 (and all of it's variations) Tryhard, cheater, GitGud, Learn2Play, urcheap
Like seriously. It's a game. Learn sportsmanship.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Fought a guy whom I've beaten a few times with my Rosalina and Ganondorf. Changed his tag to "YAWN" and "BORING" and then left. Another one of them For Glory logics, eh?

Last edited:

sixkami

Smash Cadet
NNID
ifwjay
3DS FC
0044-3489-7158
The other day someone sent me a friend request and I was delighted at first, but I read the message and it said "you are so bad stop spamin scrub"

Then I just laughed harder than necessary and accepted his friend request.
That was last week, I still have him added too.

Last edited:

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
Found a Sheik main l called n*****slayer that I couldn't beat. I honestly don't even want to play this game anymore.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Today had LUIGI IS GAY and DTHROW OP lol.

Also had a guy change tags to USUCK after he barely beat me in lag(the king that actually stops the game when the red loading circle pops up) and I changed the tag to LAG :( not accusing him just in general stating that there was. Gotta love people on for glory

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Me and cousin were doing some 2v2's. Came across a guy named OLD Man. They won the first two rounds (we may have considered warming up but didn't) and changed their names to 'UMad' and something else that ends in a 'lol'. Their names started as a penis made from punctuation and something else kind of offensive. Anyway, we won the next four rounds. After the second win their names changed to 'feels' and 'feelin it' and they played twin shulks. We still won. Then they changed their characters to twin Macs and either we twin R.O.B.'d them and they quit after losing or I was Dedede and went 5 and 2 (my cousin's Kirby went 0 and 0. I stole his kills and he didn't die) and they quit after losing (we faced similar idiots in the past two days, one was OLD Man, one was two guys with hitler stash I don't remember which ending was which.)

Felt good making them rage quit.

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Got the opposite this morning a guy fought me probably 5 times in a row and lost. Didn't get salty, changed his tag to I forfeit and then good game made me happy that atleast one person in FG is a good sport.

NintenX

Smash Rookie
I found a guy who had his tag when he entered as "2SICK-4U". He went Samus and spammed (pretty ineffectively, I may add) and I beat him with Ness. So next match, I went R.O.B., just so I could counter his projectiles with mine, and he lost again. He set his tag to something that I can't remember (which I responded with "lol"), but what he put seemed as if he thought he was going to win. He went Ness, and lost to my R.O.B. again. After that, he changed his tag to "IM2SICK" and went Samus the next two matches, but lost both. The he changed his tag to "ITSOVER-4U", and went Bowser. I beat him easily, and meteor smashed him at the end.

He quit after that.

Last edited:

RBreadsticks

Smash Apprentice
Just had someone say grabspam killyourself reported opspam youhavenolife lol. I'm sure Nintendo will take the report seriously when you're telling me to kill myself I was reported for winning lol.

He was yoshi and cpt I was luigi and Rob

Top Bottom