• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokken Fighters: It's an actual thing now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I don't think they're really interested in "equal representation" in any form. Or completing starter trios. Or picking mons for body type even...

It's basically just popularity and distinctness. If you look, for the most part you can look at the characters and almost get a feel for how they play. Garchomp I bet is going to be the Bowser. Suicune looks like the camper. One Pika's going to be like, well, Pikachu, and the other more like Fox. Braixen looks like a mobile zoner, and probably isn't going to be too great up close as a result. Machamp is the advancing wall of doom. Lucario's the all-arounder. Get what I'm saying?

As far as I can tell, everybody in so far has been pretty popular at one point or another. Don't think they're going to pick an obscure mon outside of a joke character...

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It pretty much boils down to two factors...
-They have a good amount of popularity behind them...therefore would make people excited to see them...
-They can be made into an interesting fighter regardless of their typing, in game role, and body type...

I think we still may see several more fighters added in addition to the 5 or so slots left on the CSS...especially if they are adding fighters like Pikachu Libre, Braixen abd Chandelure into the mix...

Still hoping for any of the following...
Scizor
Haxorus
Sableye
Heracross
Salamence
Alakazam
Tyranitar
Zoroark

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Hey guys. For anyone interested I created a discord channel for Pokken Tournament for more fluid discussion around news, videos, and organizing friendly matches and tournaments after launch.

Feel free to join: https://discord.gg/0llr9C7KFeLDNyLP

Hope to see some of you there!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I was away from the internet for a couple days. Totally shocked by Chandelure. I love that Pokemon, but damn I wish we didn't have so many Fire-types.

With that said! I am very impressed by Braxien! I wonder what its burst attack and mode will be called... all the non-Mega-Evolution burst modes are a tad confusing. Guts/Bulk Up for Machamp makes sense, though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually starting to doubt they are going to add any pokemon I really like to the game.

I guess the roster is kind of cool, but ...I dunno

If they don't really add any of my favorites, I probably won't get it

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I'm actually starting to doubt they are going to add any pokemon I really like to the game.

I guess the roster is kind of cool, but ...I dunno

If they don't really add any of my favorites, I probably won't get it
A perfectly reasonable reason not to buy it.

What are some favorites you want?

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I'm surprised we don't have a Water-type starter yet in the game. We got Charizard, Sceptile, Braixen. It'd be cool to get like, Oshawott/Dewott, Greninja, Squirtle/Wartortle, Feraligatr, or something.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I noticed something a little interesting with the last two Pokken reveals (as in, the last two reveals where they came along with a hint).

Both times when a fighter was hinted, the letter that was hinted in their names just so happened to be the last letter in their Japanese names. I mean...

Sceptile: ジュカイ
Chandelure: シャンデ

A coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Much like how the developers threw our Swampert predictions off with the poll when everything was originally pointing at it to be the most obvious reveal a few days ago, I wonder if the developers will once again post another poll with the next hint to lower our expectations that the next fighter will once again have its hinted letter be the last letter in its Japanese name.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
I'm surprised we don't have a Water-type starter yet in the game. We got Charizard, Sceptile, Braixen. It'd be cool to get like, Oshawott/Dewott, Greninja, Squirtle/Wartortle, Feraligatr, or something.
I still think Blastoise is most likely since Blasty VS Charzy is one of the most Iconic show-offs of all time, and he'd be a pretty sick zoner too. Also we get at least 1 final form starter of each type too, that's most likely
Erureido Erureido interesting theory

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So I noticed something a little interesting with the last two Pokken reveals (as in, the last two reveals where they came along with a hint).

Both times when a fighter was hinted, the letter that was hinted in their names just so happened to be the last letter in their Japanese names. I mean...

Sceptile: ジュカイ
Chandelure: シャンデ

A coincidence? Maybe, maybe not. Much like how the developers threw our Swampert predictions off with the poll when everything was originally pointing at it to be the most obvious reveal a few days ago, I wonder if the developers will once again post another poll with the next hint to lower our expectations that the next fighter will once again have its hinted letter be the last letter in its Japanese name.
Japanese reads right to left as opposed to left to right in English...so the last letter is actually the first letter...so it makes sense...

I mean if the hint was in English...and say for Sceptile the hint would've been 'P'...that wouldn't make sense at all...I imagine something similar for Japanese...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Japanese reads right to left as opposed to left to right in English...so the last letter is actually the first letter...so it makes sense...

I mean if the hint was in English...and say for Sceptile the hint would've been 'P'...that wouldn't make sense at all...I imagine something similar for Japanese...
No.

Japanese is read left-to-right when the text is horizontal. Japanese is read right-to left when text is vertical.

That's why manga are "backwards books" to westerners, due to the traditionally vertical text in the format, while subtitles and karaoke lyrics are read horizontal and read left-to-right.

JukaiN
ShandeRA

Last "letters," not first.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
I still think Blastoise is most likely since Blasty VS Charzy is one of the most Iconic show-offs of all time, and he'd be a pretty sick zoner too. Also we get at least 1 final form starter of each type too, that's most likely
Erureido Erureido interesting theory
Are you sure they'd absolutely, 100% do that? No one saw Chandelure or Braixen coming, I'm sure it would not be the end of the world or even unexpected to have a mid or low stage Water starter instead of it being a final evo. I can't say I disagree with the idea of Blastoise, but the possibility is real that our expectations and predictions based on even the most sensible of points could mean completely nothing when the next reveal happens, should we get one.

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
As much as I hate speaking in absolutes, Greninja's basically a lock. With the water starter quota set there's not much of a need for Blastoise... And if you really want to talk about equal representation or whatever then we already have four Gen I 'mons with two alternate forms of Gen I 'mons. Blastoise looks mighty iffy to me, especially with the apparent gameplay similarities to Suicune being a large water-based zoner/camper.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Are you sure they'd absolutely, 100% do that? No one saw Chandelure or Braixen coming, I'm sure it would not be the end of the world or even unexpected to have a mid or low stage Water starter instead of it being a final evo. I can't say I disagree with the idea of Blastoise, but the possibility is real that our expectations and predictions based on even the most sensible of points could mean completely nothing when the next reveal happens, should we get one.
A Large chunk of the picks is iconic and popular 'mons, and what would be a better reveal for next month, during the release of the Char and Blastoise themed 3DS, than Blastoise. Also pretty sure Gen represented has small bearing on the choices

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
A Large chunk of the picks is iconic and popular 'mons, and what would be a better reveal for next month, during the release of the Char and Blastoise themed 3DS, than Blastoise. Also pretty sure Gen represented has small bearing on the choices
Greninja's becoming the de-facto Water-type Pokemon, though. Blastoise got a Mega, but Greninja's also been playable in Smash, has a central role to the anime and is even getting unique forms to his own in that. If Greninja got a Mega next gen, nobody is going to be surprised; he's just so damn popular as a starter that Blastoise is kind of outclassed in comparison.

Same goes for Tyrantrum; he's recieved much more love over the course of a few years than Pokemon like Kabutops and Geodude have their entire careers. He's one of the most popular Rock-type Pokemon to date, I'd say; so if we get a Mega Tyrantrum sometime down the line, I would be unsurprised. He's definitely one of the most popular Rock-types in the West, at least among the (very large) community.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Other than the fact they are both water starters there really is no comparison between Greninja and Blastoise...it shouldn't be about which one is more popular...especially if you consider that Pokken currently has three fire starters...both Greninja and Blastoise would make unique fighters anyways in addition to their popularity...
I think both are pretty likely tbh...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Both should ideally be in, but Blastoise was a phenomenon for quite some time.

You people weren't alive for Pokemania. Twas nuts.

MandoBardanJusik

Smash Ace
Both should ideally be in, but Blastoise was a phenomenon for quite some time.

You people weren't alive for Pokemania. Twas nuts.
And that's why he's more likely to be revealed right prior to, or during the SuperBowl ad, I mean Greninja is recent, but I they want to capitalize on the larger super bowl audience, including those who left Pokémon, what would be better than a real time battle between Charizard and Blastoise

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise is my number 1 choice

I'd like greninja too, but only after blastoise

Last edited:

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
Thinking about holding a wifi tourney the first week this comes out. Anybody interested? :0

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I wish my Wii U wasn't busted... or that I owned a TV, lol. Then I totally would.

I'll just be watching other people play...

Egregore

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NoGoodEndings
3DS FC
1977-1234-9456
100%. Gotta be the best Day 1 Suicune.
Awesome. Yeah, I started a discord server for the game, so as we get closer to launch I'll start posting info here and there for people to look forward too.

Let's go, Chandelure!!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I was thinking about of the Pokes I would like to see in Pokken:

Gen I

Meowth: Kind of a no brainer. Meowth would differ from Weavile in that he obviously doesn't use ice but utilizes attacks such as Pay Day to great effect. While Weavile is more prone to dashing and slashing attacks, Meowth is more a pounce and slash multiple times and then scurry away approach.

Arbok: 2016 is the year for Poison oriented fighters! I was excited to see F.A.N.G. is SFV so why not Arbok in Pokken? Arbok can keep foes at a distance with ranged attacks while keeping them hurting through the use of poison. If they get too close, attack them with wrapping attacks.

Alakazam: It has a Mega Evolution and fights using spoons. Seeing as it used to be the premier Psychic type that set the tone for later Psychic Pokes, I am surprised this one hasn't been included yet.

Golem: Yet again another premiere Poke that set the tone for later Rock types. Golem would obviously be a heavy charged character that gains speed the more he spins. Think o a very slow Sonic but gains speed while spin dashing.

Magneton: One of the Pokes that I don't think will be playable but I think would be really fun. A mixtue of electricity and magnetism whose mechanics are slightly based off the Blaz Blue character, Iron Tager. Magneton hits with its magnets and then can use electrical attacks to pull them closer or to propel them away.

Cubone: Cue yet deadly. Cubone utilizes his bone club for attacks and throwing it like a bomerang. Cubon has always been one of my favorites.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan: I feel not adding them would be a huge disservice considering they are important fighting type Pokes. But adding them would seem way to cliche and predictable. i like unorthodox characters.

Gen II

Feraligatr: I have always liked this Poke and including it would not only be a nod to the Johto starters but to the Water type. How it would differ from other Water types that it uses primarily biting attacks that can easily break through guards.

Scizor: I think Scizor will be included somewhere down the road. It's an obvious choice for a character and one that would work well in Pokken. Not to mention it has a Mega Evolution.

Heracross: Personally, I am cool with either Scizor or Heracross. Heracross would have a more push/pull/grapple playstyle than Scizor's cutting and chopping style.

Miltank: Not a big fan of this Poke but, seriously, using a Poke that uses it's udders for attacks and maybe even heal itself would be beyond hilarious. Perfect joke character.

Tyranitar: This needs to happen...especially since it has a Mega Evolution. Use it's rock abilities to shake the earth and trap opponents in rocks.

Gen III

Exploud: Not too many normal types here. Exploud would obviously use sound based attacks to attack from a distance or to keep the opponent out of its zone.

Absol: Absol is another Poke that is popular with a Mega Evolution that will most likely happen.

Metagross: In the same vein, Metagross seems like another likely Poke with a Mega Evolution. Slow and powerful.

Deoxys: Deoxys could play a bit like Aria from Killer Instinct 3 where it transforms into various forms during the fight with each form having a different role in the battle.

Gen IV

Roserade: A grass and poison based fighter would be fun in included with a zone controlling type play style. Roserade could scatter petals on the floor that can be used as a type of trap.

Vespiqueen: Despite hating bees, I love Vespiqueen and think it would be awesome to play as. Especially if it can send out Combee's for attacks.

Lopunny: Yet another Pok that I would be surprised not to see included; especially given it has a Mega Evolution form.

Bronzong: I personally want this Poke in only for the DONG songs it would make when making contact with opponents.

Toxicroack: Another Pokemon that is a personal fave of mine. though having in Arbok might be a bit much. While Arbok would have a ranged fighter style, Toxicroack would be a close combat fighter who uses poison to chip away at the opponents health while attacking. Keeping on attacking results in further poisoning while holding off from attacking weakens the poison.

Froslass: Again, my own bias but I love this Poke.

Darkrai
: I think this Pokemon will be included at some point. Uses its powers to put opponents into a sleep status and then does attacks. Might fit better as a support role though.

Gen V

Dewott: Always been a fan of this Poke due to it's design. I wish they continued it into taking it into a different direction with Samurott.

Zebrastrika: Would be fun to play as a bipedial hoofed Poke and Zebrastrika has a great move pool.

Krookadile: Utilizes ground based and sand attacks to undermine its opponent. Dig all the way.

Darmantian: We already have too many fire types but this one is just too good to pass up. Fire type who cause smore fire to burst out the more it attacks or is attacked resulting in higher damage output.

Zoroark: ANother Poke I think we will see at some point. Uses illusions much like Shulk's vision to escape attacks.

Ferrothorn: Very interesting Grass/Steel type who uses its attacks to latch onto opponents and deal multiple hits. Maybe vbetter as a support though.

Beeheeyem: We come in peace. A fun psychic type.

Axew: Too many final evolutions. Axew would be a fun and cute addition that still packs a punch.

Bisharp: I think this Poke would make it in at some point. Quick and precise cutting attacks.

Gen VI

Greninja: An obvious choice that I am surprised hasn't been included yet.

Pangoro: A brutal brawler to the core.

Doublade: Utilizes its two blades for devastating combination attacks.

Tyrantrum: I think this Poke should get it Easily the best fossil Pokemon and just looks awesome. Just pure power.

Hawlucha: Anyone who doesn't want this Pokemon in just don't get it. One of my most wanted characters and a perfect addition to the roster. I will e very disappointed to not see it included.

Goodra
: Uses its thick mucus to latch onto opponents and bring them within striking distance ala Scorpion. Attacking it also causes ooze to shoot up and spray onto the battlefield. Stepping on it causes the opponent to stick there for a duration o time.

Noivern: Much like Exploud, a sound based Poke who is capable of flying and charging into opponents.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Oh, hey. I should really say stuff in here more often, shouldn't I?

Well, I just finished a video about the latest Pokkén reveals. You know, in the style of that Corrin one that made the front page?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

Well, I just finished a video about the latest Pokkén reveals. You know, in the style of that Corrin one that made the front page?

I hope you don't mind me saying, you have a really wonderful voice. I really enjoyed the video, even though I knew 99% of this stuff already. I went ahead and subscribed. I hope you keep making videos in the future.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv

omg can you, like, do the rest of Pokken news from now until the end of time? that was actually top-quality. i couldn't have asked for a better analysis and re-cap.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Greninja's becoming the de-facto Water-type Pokemon, though. Blastoise got a Mega, but Greninja's also been playable in Smash, has a central role to the anime and is even getting unique forms to his own in that. If Greninja got a Mega next gen, nobody is going to be surprised; he's just so damn popular as a starter that Blastoise is kind of outclassed in comparison.

Same goes for Tyrantrum; he's recieved much more love over the course of a few years than Pokemon like Kabutops and Geodude have their entire careers. He's one of the most popular Rock-type Pokemon to date, I'd say; so if we get a Mega Tyrantrum sometime down the line, I would be unsurprised. He's definitely one of the most popular Rock-types in the West, at least among the (very large) community.
Greninja is very popular at the moment but I don't think he's going to go down as one of the most popular Pokémon once Gen VI passes, he hasn't been creating as much fuzz as Lucario did when he was current who'd I'd say is the last Pokémon to really join the top ranks as far as popularity goes. At best he'll join the ranks of Blaziken and Darkrai who have a massive following but not quite enough to be amongst the most iconic Pokémon, and even then those two had bigger fanbases when they were current as far as I experienced. Meanwhile Blastoise has been established as one of the most popular Pokémon since the series' inception, obviously he's always played second fiddle to Charizard but that doesn't say much considering what he's up against, he's still easily the most popular Water-type Pokémon, particularly amongst the casual crowd.

With that said Greninja is of course still a prime candidate not only for Pokkén but also for a future mega evolution and I'd almost be surprised to not see both happen eventually, I just don't feel he's gathered as huge a following as I've seen many of the previous "all-star" Pokémon do when they were current, it's certainly nowhere near the point where he'll be known as the de-facto Water-type in future generations.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I imagine in terms of Nega Evolutions, Pokemon Z will expand on them further though I doubt they will include starter mega evolutions. Maybe focus on Gen 5 and 6. Greninja may get a mega evolution early like Blaziken did but im not willing to bet on that.

If patterns are to be believed, we will get maybe Johto Mega Evolutions in Gen 7 followed by Gen 4 mega evolutions in the Diamond and Pearl remakes. Then maybe mega evolutions for the Gen 5 starters in either the Gen 8 games or BW remakes. And then finally it'll be Gen 6's turn.

Either way, Greninja is a prime candidate to get a Mega Evolution.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Greninja is very popular at the moment but I don't think he's going to go down as one of the most popular Pokémon once Gen VI passes, he hasn't been creating as much fuzz as Lucario did when he was current who'd I'd say is the last Pokémon to really join the top ranks as far as popularity goes. At best he'll join the ranks of Blaziken and Darkrai who have a massive following but not quite enough to be amongst the most iconic Pokémon, and even then those two had bigger fanbases when they were current as far as I experienced. Meanwhile Blastoise has been established as one of the most popular Pokémon since the series' inception, obviously he's always played second fiddle to Charizard but that doesn't say much considering what he's up against, he's still easily the most popular Water-type Pokémon, particularly amongst the casual crowd.

With that said Greninja is of course still a prime candidate not only for Pokkén but also for a future mega evolution and I'd almost be surprised to not see both happen eventually, I just don't feel he's gathered as huge a following as I've seen many of the previous "all-star" Pokémon do when they were current, it's certainly nowhere near the point where he'll be known as the de-facto Water-type in future generations.
Greninja's owned by Ash, is the defacto gen VI original 'mon, probably the starter with the most significant (if not the most unique) hidden ability, has his own signature move, a unique form and the first stater to get an alternate form, and is a playable character in Super Smash Bros.

Blastoise was a frequent sight in the anime but wasn't owned by a main character (IIRC), was on the cover of Blue (but no Blue remake), and has always had bit parts in Smash. Squirtle's more popular, and honestly more likely.

I mean, people were saying the same things about Lucario basically up until his Smash reannouncement. To me it looks like Greninja's going to be joining the likes of Charizard and Pikachu, regardless of if he gets into Pokken now or not.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Greninja counts over Blastoise for numerous reasons.

Also for gotten is that Red and Blue was only a thing in the west in the original Japan where the only things that ever matter ever for these things happen (chandelure?) It was Red and Green.

Greninja is being pushed as this generation's cool pokemon like Lucario was for gen 4 (successfully) and Zoroark was for Gen V (not so). Blastoise was just the started besides Charizard hat got attention because if you chose Charizard the rival had Blastoise.

That said I've got nothing against Blastoise and a tanky long range fighter would be a an awesome moveset.

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
I could see a Blastoise moveset in my head, yeah. He would be by definition a tank. Skull Bash as this high startup, defensive move into a devastating launch attack would be neat in theory. Rapid spin as a "keep away" move kind of like Bowser's up special and maybe a way to chip away at the opponent's shield. With a spacing tool like Mist, while it wouldn't do any damage, it could shroud the opponent's surroundings by a decent distance in a fog that would make scoping out a Hydro Pump filled Blastoise scary.

Dang, after some thought, I sort of really want Blastoise now, a little moreso than Greninja.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Blastoise and Greninja both have excellent potential. Either one would make a fine addition.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Thanks for the positive feedback, everyone! If I'm to somehow make some semblance of a living off Youtube eventually, I need all the positive exposure I can get!

Have to say, I'm flattered by how many people say they're mesmerized by my voice, from this video and others.

I'm thinking of doing another video eventually, speculating which characters could still get into the base game, so keep checking up!

On that note, though...I'm not entirely convinced on Greninja or Blastoise. You see, the vast majority of the characters we'd have revealed so far haven't been the usual suspects. We've been getting a lot of fan favorites that rarely see the spotlight: Suicune, Weavile, Sceptile, Garchomp, Chandelure, et cetera. Even the more obligatory picks like Pikachu, Lucario and Charizard have also had popularity themselves! Furthermore, the dev team seems to be focusing on variety within each type and ensuring no two fighters feel similar. It's especially noticeable with the Fire types so far--two up close fighters contrasted with a mage and a chandelier ghost who focuses on distance attacks.

As it was with Smash 4, it seems to be more about uniqueness than it is about checking off boxes.

So for example, take a look at the three Fighting types we have so far. Lucario is the balanced all-rounder, with up close and ranged tools as well as some disjointed midrange attacks in the form of the Bone Rush variants. Machamp is a heavyweight bruiser who wants to slowly close the distance and pound on his opponents at close range. Blaziken is more focused on rushown, on getting in quickly and overwhelming whoever he's facing. So if we're taking a potential fourth Fighting type, a good pick would be a more agile bob-and-weave kind of fighter...or one with less conventional abilities.

In other words, focus less on the hitmons and more on Mienshao or the musketeers. And that's the reason I have doubts on Blastoise, whose popularity has fallen off a ways in the last couple generations and who wouldn't do much to stand out as a bulky Water type when Suicune already does that, with a defensive zoning playstyle and the second highest HP of any character revealed so far.

As for Greninja...ordinarily I would call Greninja a frontrunner. Arguably the most popular Water starter nowadays, and with speedster stats to help him stand out from the Water type we already have? But...it seems a little like they've given away Greninja's main powers and thematics already. Call me skeptical, but Sceptile's attacks and mannerisms feel very ninja-like in places, complete with actually having Substitute in his moveset when said move has never been associated with the Treecko line normally! Then there's Frogadier, who appears as an assist and uses Water Pulse...which takes the form of shuriken-like projectiles even though the move has never been interpreted that way before.

It's just...enough to make you wonder if they're working around the fact that Greninja isn't there, you know? Maybe he got passed on, for whatever reason. Maybe other Water types are more worth looking at. Could Braixen's inclusion open up a chance for Dewott, maybe?

Then again, it's all just speculation. I could end up dead wrong, myself...but that doesn't make talking about it any less fun when salt isn't being flung around.

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
If anyone at all, I think Empoleon would be a very cool water-type. He could slash stuff with his steel fins and use other steel-type moves in tandem with water-type moves. He could also be pretty agile by sliding around on his belly as opposed to Suicune's lack of movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom