• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else wondering how the heck these Pokes are going to use items? Picture Charizard with a Hammer. That's not funny, that's a metaphor for the Apocolypse. Ivysaur is just going to be odd being on all fours, can see him using vines. Squirtle...Squirtle with a gun of any kind is a fantasy of mine ever since I played these games as a kid. Give him the sunglasses and a piece, that is one fly turtle.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I hope he doesn't speak a word. Like another recognizably green character.

It was pretty awesome running into him in Silver Mount in GSC.

Red: "..."

You: "oh crap it's red!"

*CUE BATTLE SEQUENCE*
LOL! Yah, I remeber that, most hilarious part of that game, easily.

Anway: Kirby hats +3 now, lol squirtle hat ftw.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if his alt costumes will represent the different generations of pokemon games? Either that, or you can play as the girl trainer as an alt.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I think on a stage like Rumble Falls, the PT should follow you in the background so like if your Squirtle and you jump to the next platform, the PT should just jump in the background like you and onto the next platform.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I assume those with hopelessly short arms (like Pikachu) will grab items in their mouthes.

This also raises the discussion of free-willed pokemans vs. captured pokemans.

Skywalker

Space Jump
People are putting a lot of thought in these replies. It's, like, three posts a minute.

EDIT: Maybe we slow down.

EDIT2: I stand corrected about Ivysaur.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Nice movelist up there, but I am going to say that they will share a final smash. Remember, they are not the character. PT is the character, so the final smash will probably involve all 3 pokemon doing some move like in Marvel vs Capcom.

Dizzynecro

Smash Journeyman
Nice movelist up there, but I am going to say that they will share a final smash. Remember, they are not the character. PT is the character, so the final smash will probably involve all 3 pokemon doing some move like in Marvel vs Capcom.
he could pull you back and send out something rediculuos for a while for his FS.

greenblob

Smash Lord
Zelda/Sheik showed that transforming doesn’t work so well because it’s so slow–the idea of racking up damage with Sheik and KOing with Zelda doesn’t work because you can’t go ftilt->transform->lightning kick–they’d be either too far away or they’d hit you on the lag. You can’t transform in the middle of a combo. The only way transforming would work is to have each character be able to combo at different percents or to have one specialize in combos, one in edgeguarding, and maybe one in recovery. And the forced transforming thing doesn’t sound too appealing…

Of course, I could be proven wrong.

FreakyVoiceDude

Smash Apprentice
It'll probably just be him whipping out a Master Ball with some heavy hitter, control it until the stamina runs out.

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
well, they will probably only be able to switch out while standing on solid ground to keep people from switching to something while they are getting knocked around in order to break combos

and no, this is the best way to play as him. Having him running around fighting is a bad idea.

Roadie-Toe Joe

Smash Cadet
I think it`d be interesting if his final smash was something like tossing out a bunch more pokeballs (the item) which would of coarse spawn a bunch more pokemon in the favor of 'pokemon trainer'. Y`know? That`d get pretty chaotic... for your opponents anyway.

Nergal

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, Ivysaur will use vines to handle items, & It is capable of standing & moving on it's hind legs.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Guys, I think it would be cool if there was a way to pick out which pokemon you want to start off with at the start of the match by holding a button down after you choose the stage you want. For example, holding A would start you off with Ivysaur, holding B would start you off with Charizard, and I think Squirtle will be the default. What do you guys think?

DonkeyPirate

Smash Journeyman
Seriously. First gen are the only ones worth the trouble. Most of the new ones don't even look like animals or something. Theres something strange about them. Sakurai is showing his appreciation for the old school gamers yay

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Guys, I think it would be cool if there was a way to pick out which pokemon you want to start off with at the start of the match by holding a button down after you choose the stage you want. For example, holding A would start you off with Ivysaur, holding B would start you off with Charizard, and holding R, L, or Z would start you off with Squirtle. What do you guys think?
I was thinking of that too. Although, Squirtle seems to be the default so I wouldn't think you'd need to hold down a button for it.

Skywalker

Space Jump
worst post ever
You're quoting a post in which a poster wonders why 4th gen Pokemon won't be "emphasized" in Brawl, and saying that it's the worst post ever. That is encouraging nothing to the discussion but flaming. So I nominate your post for "worst ever", chump. Granted, there are two ways you can turn the tables and make me look like the idiot, but I doubt you'll figure out those ideas. Thank you.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yay, someone noticed my moveset! Thanks. But I guess it's too early to start discussing that. I'll repost the moveset when the thread has calmed down and people can stop being like "TOLD YOU SO" and "OWNED" and repeating the same discussion over and over. :p

Honestly I hope he doesn't speak a word. Like another recognizably green character.

It was pretty awesome running into him in Silver Mount in GSC.

Red: "..."

You: "oh crap it's red!"

*CUE BATTLE SEQUENCE*
QFT

Some characters just aren't meant to talk. If this guy acted like Ash, I couldn't main him due to the urge to punch him in the face.
For all nay-sayers, It's kind of a given that he'll move with the stage, & they may even give you temporary control to move him around. I like it.
I figure that he'll stand on some futuristic platform that flies around in moving stages and puts him down on solid ground once there's a good occasion to do that.
In the anime, trainers have been known to stand on funky platforms. It's even in the Pokemon Stadium stage! ...except those don't float, but, you know. Artistic license.
I'd like to have some control over Red. He could throw punches and kicks and single jump, and then call out his Pokemon at any time.
And... how would you do that?
No, seriously. He'll just run around and follow his Pokemon and shout ( silently? ) and wave his hands. Everything else is unnecessary.
Excellent Fawriel! There's only one thing I'd pick out, and that's Squirtle and Ivysaur's final smashes.

In Pokemon XD, you could get a Chikorita, Cyndaquil and a Totodile that knew Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn and Hydro Cannon. While Bulbasaur and Squirtle can't learn it, it isn't completely out of the question for young Pokemon to use such powerful techniques. Solarbeam and Hydro Pump are perfectly fitting for them, though. Great job!
Thank you! ^^
I did consider those moves, but yeah, they can't learn them, and I figure that Sakurai won't stray far from the games with these fellas.
And it only seems suitable that Charizard gets the strongest FS.
Anyone else wondering how the heck these Pokes are going to use items? Picture Charizard with a Hammer. That's not funny, that's a metaphor for the Apocolypse. Ivysaur is just going to be odd being on all fours, can see him using vines. Squirtle...Squirtle with a gun of any kind is a fantasy of mine ever since I played these games as a kid. Give him the sunglasses and a piece, that is one fly turtle.
....AWESOME!
Very well possible. I have no idea whether each will have their own Final Smash or whether they will be combined or whether he'll throw out a legendary to perform a big, fat attack.

I think the fact that we're talking about a trainer actually hints at the fact that he COULD have one more Pokemon that he could use for the Final Smash, which he just doesn't use normally because it's... uber. =D
Pokemon battles are a sport after all.
Which leads me to the one point that speaks against a joint FS: In the games, there's no chance anywhere to use three Pokemon at the same time, and using three Pokemon against a single opponent is not the way of a good sportsman.
I expect the Trainer to follow these sportsmanship ideals.
Seriously. First gen are the only ones worth the trouble. Most of the new ones don't even look like animals or something. Theres something strange about them. Sakurai is showing his appreciation for the old school gamers yay
I agree that there are MANY weird and many unimaginative creations among newer Pokemon, but I think there are some gems among the newer ones, too. Just for the record.

MDupont

Smash Cadet
I'm sure Pokemon Diamond and Pearl will be represented, just not until later on down the road. I'm sure some DP stuff will be revealed eventually.

Soodey

Smash Apprentice
2 things that people missed earlier:

Kirby just gained 3 new hats.

and

Character Intros would be almost neccessary for this character now.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
I just dont like this new addition, i mean it just seems stupid to me, but hey< who knows it might be fun to play. ( i was just hoping for actual pokemon adittions like lucario and sandslash)

Meira

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meiraz
3DS FC
1762-3961-1329
Kirby gains a hat with every character update >_> *recalls her fun with Mewtwo Kirby*

All I can imagine for Ivysaur Kirby is like.. a blossom on his head.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
2 things that people missed earlier:

Kirby just gained 3 new hats.

and

Character Intros would be almost neccessary for this character now.
I thought of that last one last night.

On the 3 new hats? How's that going to work? That's going to be some weird hats.

Top Bottom