• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer (Red!) Discussion

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Yeah, it looks like Sakurai mindgamed you and a bunch of people, DainBramaged, even me.

Big time....and like..ugh...he dosn't even fight...just stands there....starring you in the face....

I never thought I'd see the day, where a charcter can be playable character, without even being able to fight >_< this really is an upset

I still stand by everything i've ever said.....despite the fact he dosnt move, attack, or can even be touched by another character...sakurai still managed to find a loophole to his inclusion....damm genious...

I was wrong about him being PC....but still...like always, he hides behind his pokemon >_>
He's a whole new playstyle...like a Zelda/Shiek thing...only more...

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
Big time....and like..ugh...he dosn't even fight...just stands there....starring you in the face....

I never thought I'd see the day, where a charcter can be playable character, without even being able to fight >_< this really is an upset

I still stand by everything i've ever said.....despite the fact he dosnt move, attack, or can even be touched by another character...sakurai still managed to find a loophole to his inclusion....damm genious...

I was wrong about him being PC....but still...like always, he hides behind his pokemon >_>
He's a whole new playstyle...like a Zelda/Shiek thing...only more...
I know. I'm interested in his new playstyle, but I won't main him. Mario, Pit, and Ike are way cooler. Oh, and when you get Brawl, he'll be staring at you, being a huge remainder that you were wrong. It like he thinks "I'm here and there's nothing you can do about it! MU HA HA HA HA!" :laugh:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Maybe his alternate costumes will be the trainers from all the different versions.

full_95

Smash Journeyman
first off, MAD props to OP. even though you didnt get it all right, **** that was a good prediction. and second, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @everybody that gave him crap about his idea. that is hilarious.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
I know. I'm interested in his new playstyle, but I won't main him. Mario, Pit, and Ike are way cooler. Oh, and when you get Brawl, he'll be staring at you, being a huge remainder that you were wrong. It like he thinks "I'm here and there's nothing you can do about it! MU HA HA HA HA!" :laugh:
I KNOW!!!...and i swear....i can already predict his taunt

Red's Taunt: current pokemon looks around at Red, who directly gives all players the finger (in particular, at Dain) , while still being untouchable....

and you can't even bash his head in >_<

as for maining him....I think Meta's Pwnswording has me taken....but still...when it comes to playing Red.....and if he becomes my main out of skill >_<

as a Charizard wanter....and Red hater >_< WTF ...Sakurai must be out to get me

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
PT is a really cool and original new character. I only hope they keep a few secrets SECRET and let us find them while playing the game.
Well, odds are very good that they are only releasing info on characters that are unlocked from the very start. The surprises are still going to be very plentiful.

Personally, I really like this character - it looks like there will be a whole lot you can do with him which will make some really cool matches.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Lol yeah. People just want the same old play style, I'm so glad he's in it, he's going to completely change the way we think about Brawl. I guess this isn't going to be the melee we thought it was going to be, I guess it's going to be a..

Brawl!

:laugh: And he's going to be there every time we play Brawl. Watching. Waiting.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Well now that I've gotten over my excitement and slept, I can post now.

First of all, no hard feelings to the people that doubted me and said my idea was stupid. It's a natural thing and Red was a rather far out idea. But who knows? You may enjoy playing as his Pokemon. XD

Anyway, Sakurai did a great job with him. Using the Fire Red look for him was great too. It'd be nice if his alternate costume was the female or the rival, but that may be asking for too much. XD I wonder if the Pokemon will become different colours too?

One more thing is I hope that he stays silent. No offense to his English actresses, or even his Japanese actress, but a girl's voice isn't fitting for this type of trainer. The newest voice actress for Ash still has voice issues so I'd rather not hear her voice in Red.

Now in celebration, I think I'll work on a Pikachu/Ivysaur/Charizard/Squirtle/Jigglypuff/Mewtwo team. I gotta say it's not looking good for Lucario right now. =/ But I wish Lucario supporters the best of luck!

historyisold

Smash Rookie
i think this is one of the best updates i've seen yet.
kudos for originality and surprise factor.

unfortunately, the people complaining now most likely will not change.
so, stfu now.

Snacks will return

Smash Rookie

The only update dylan would be happy with is one that said "Brawl will be a complete clone of Melee, except we have removed all stages apart from Final Destination and Battlefield, and the only playable characters will be Marth and Fox!"

Oh and only he would be able to wavedash.

For people who don't have their heads stuck up their ****s worrying how viable each update will be in a tournament, the pokémon trainer looks like a great new addition to the roster.

Smash Ace
@Snacks Will Return: having known the guy from other places, even that wouldn't work. You forgot Sheik.
As for Pokemon Trainer (I refuse to call him 'Red'), that was easily one of the last characters I expected. Make no mistake about it.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
This is so unexpected, but definitely a cool update.

I think it opens up the possibility for Sakurai to put whoever the hell he wants in, thought. It could be seen as a sign to people who want Captain Olimar or Ridley that their wishes may be granted, but we'll just have to wait and see.

T3st1fy

Smash Rookie
Wow.. I'm new to the forums and when I looked at this thread I was like FJOASEIFHNAIONF, people posted 40 some pages in one day!?! But now that I saw it was made last year.. Great prediction Yukiwarashi... Can just imagine in the credits..
*Thanks to Yukiwarashi for his Trainer idea* :D
But I'm not too sure about the idea in general.. I mean its just sooo different.. Like a sheik with three transformations... I just don't want too many of these kinds of characters.

mlmatyi

Smash Rookie
I suppose this will work a lot like Zelda/Shiek did in Brawl, except with an extra character. Three movesets? Really cool.

Although, I'm not sure about the character's name. Maybe they could shorten it to just "Trainer" or "Red" or something.

Wreked

Smash Lord
I suppose this will work a lot like Zelda/Shiek did in Brawl, except with an extra character. Three movesets? Really cool.

Although, I'm not sure about the character's name. Maybe they could shorten it to just "Trainer" or "Red" or something.
Well a bunch of people, including me, are calling him PT or Red.

What? All I see there is Pikachu. So what?
He means 50 not 40. And I think he want's us to think those legs are a trainers.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Make way for all the character suggestions I thought were crap! He must be doing the opissite of the poll.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Sorry DainBramaged but,

You got OWNED!!!!!!!

I can hear Sakurai and the team laughing from here. They wont stop till Wednesday seeing as though tomorrows update will be Waluigi.

:laugh:

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Well Ivysaur flys in the face of people who were against Wolf and Midna using the four legged argument. Also that doesn't sound like such a crazy character suggetion now.

Zane Fleia

Smash Journeyman
And all this just makes you wonder how intimidating a SHFFLing, Wavedashing Charizard would be. Mindgames. XD

Awesome job to Yukiwarashi for predicting this one! ^_^

JesterBox

Smash Ace
I wonder how fast the switch is, and theres probably a short delay before you can start fighting.

DainBramaged

Smash Ace
Sorry DainBramaged but,

You got OWNED!!!!!!!

I can hear Sakurai and the team laughing from here. They wont stop till Wednesday seeing as though tomorrows update will be Waluigi.

:laugh:

please......Red was enough >_<
they wouldn't stoop that low....they can't.....

but AGAIN... I still stand by eveything I've ever said concerning Red...Red is now the first ever PC who actually does not fight...(does that even make sence?)

like I've said countless times...he can't fight...he used his pokemon instead ...and some way./....Sakurai found some freakish way to implement that into a charcter.....it's still centralized on the 3 pokemon..

but I WILL say....( clears throat, ready for strong words)

Sakurai found the best possible way to include Red.......which was by barely including him at all.

the 3 pokemon switching is genious......much MUCH better than Red being his own character, with his own separate moves

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Glad to finally some alter ego reincarnation of sorts of Ash gettting in as playable.................................kinda. Now to start praying for Advance Wars COs & Mii.

Gannondorf the fifth

Smash Apprentice
Adding, whom i'll call "ash" is easily one of the worst idea's for brawl i've seen yet. Sakurai, by first glance, seems to not be giving a s h i t now. That's horribly depressing as this game is SUPPOSED to be better then both smash's before it. Fighting with pokemon? So you have a regular character that uses items no matter what even during itemless fights...oh that's cute. Except...gay. They at hal labs, are truely pushing themselves to the limit; at this point i'm convinced this is the last smash game..period.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Adding, whom i'll call "ash" is easily one of the worst idea's for brawl i've seen yet. Sakurai, by first glance, seems to not be giving a s h i t now. That's horribly depressing as this game is SUPPOSED to be better then both smash's before it. Fighting with pokemon? So you have a regular character that uses items no matter what even during itemless fights...oh that's cute. Except...gay. They at hal labs, are truely pushing themselves to the limit; at this point i'm convinced this is the last smash game..period.
Well I think this character mean that Sakurai is willing to put different characters in. Like now we can assume that Ridley and Olimar would work. And I also think that this also hopefully means that we might have more characters than expected.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You don't seem to know what you're talking about... The Pokemon are not items. The Pokemon are the playable characters. Not Red.

Was this update really that hard to understand for some people? There seems to be a lot of confusion...

Copperpot

Smash Ace
The thing I'm curious about the most is how Red is going to operate in the background. Obviously, he has to be able to stand on a platform, but what about stages like Pit's where the ground is constantly breaking away and changing?

The only guess I have is that Red follows his pokemon from platform to platform, but it makes me a bit concerned in regards to certain situations where the pokemon can make it to areas that the trainer can't (Ex: Long jumps/High jumps/Grabbing Ledges). Unles he is AI controlled, it might be pretty hard to sync the trainer and pokemon's movement to make sure they end up in the same place (preferrably a safe one).

Have to leave it up to Sakurai, I suppose. He knows what he's doing.

Top Bottom