• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Trainer Power Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
A thread was recently made to illustrate the best players of each character in USA, Canada, and Mexico (NAFTA). Character mods have been contacted to make a PR thread in their respective character boards in order for the community to vote on a top 5 for their character. Each character mod will then report their results to the original thread.

I realize PR threads are a sticky subject, so please, no negative comments, ie "PR threads always sucks." If anyone posts in here something that's unproductive and off-topic and/or negative, I'll infract them.

Now that the obligatory mod speech is over with, I've been around you guys long enough to know you're all really chill and laid-back. Now we all know that Reflex is the sole dominant force in PT's metagame right now, but please be productive and try to nominate other PTs as well.

Here's the link to the original thread, to be updated when official results are compiled. I'll go ahead and lock this thread once we've come to a conclusion.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i just want to preface this by saying that we probably don't even have 5 PTs that still play (1) PT mainly (2) in tournaments regularly. it's almost as bad as jiggs.

does kith still play regularly? i don't think he does but he's good enough to be up there.

same with typh, miles, mata.

zigsta only plays boozer now, t-block usually goes diddy now, magik doesn't play PT much now...

we are an endangered species, gentlemen.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
i just want to preface this by saying that we probably don't even have 5 PTs that still play (1) PT mainly (2) in tournaments regularly. it's almost as bad as jiggs.

does kith still play regularly? i don't think he does but he's good enough to be up there.

same with typh, miles, mata.

zigsta only plays boozer now, t-block usually goes diddy now, magik doesn't play PT much now....

Steeler you are correct and I am about to post everyone I think has made an impact on the top 5 and then the current top 5.

So we all know that the PT boards has lost quite a few big players over time. (Im listing players not top 5 yet)

1. Toby: arguably the favorite PT of almost the whole boards......we all loved toby and his aussie ways but shaya and the marth matchup seemed to have knocked him out of the PT ring.

2. Typh: quite possibly the best troll the PT boards have had......almost got me to leave and always did a great job of being a noticed PT. He left us for IC's but came back to find phiddlesticks trolling and never seems to have been that active since.

3. PokemonMasterIRL/Miles- The funniest bidoof academy teacher in some time. Miles is an in and out PT that just seems to always come back to the game but never hold on very hard. Miles Im not sure what you've been up to lately but I miss you man..

4. Steeler: Steeler you were the first one to get me hyped about playing PT when you would hype the fino v. steeler matches. I dunno how active you've stayed but you'd be up there.

5. Magik: Sorry guys but hands down imo the #2 PT for quite some time outside of kith battling for it after his lack of activity. Magik had his eyes set on reflex and the #1 spot for a while.....but fell into diddy/MK/wario and hasnt been active since. Im sure he still PLAYS pt just doesnt main him.

6. Kith: One of the precursors I saw to how hype and good the Florida region got. Kith is the only other PT main that seems to sheel shift and hydroplane around like me. Kith was the sign of the future of PT outside of Luis and another player we lost due to inactivity.

7. T-block: Homie you were as quiet as I was these boards were young. You always seemed to have alot of potential and promise. It doesn't seem like your too active anymore tourny wise and apparently are playing more diddy(dunno if thats tru). But your a mod here and a part of the PT generation we made.....just dont leave like the rest man.

8. Zigsta- you get a special shoutout....you always played PT traveled everywhere placed pretty damn well and always came back with great stories after playing damn good players like typh and PX. Your the one who has pushed me to do as well as Im doing now. So you may be out of the running for PR but your still part of the generation we built(along with now moderating our boards and doing a straight awesome job) so hopefully we'll see you around still.

9. Mata: The only PT to come up to the Atlantic North region and put up some good tourny placings besides me. You've shown a lot of capability from the start and I do owe you an apology from a bit of trolling on my part a while back. Your one of the few PT's still active and your deff top 5.

10-15: Chompy, Pants, Blazingkatakiri, TKO, apostle All you guys are barely present on the boards did a phenomenal job with PT at some point but no one knows about you or what your activity standing is. Outside of BlazingKatakiri who does more brawl hacks and texture mod's and TKO switching mains its sad to see you guys go.

We barely have any representation anymore outside of Luis as we all know, but as you can see I've marked the entire generation of PT players I walked into and what has happened to all of them. I've watched most of them dissappear over the 3 years I have been present on the PT boards.....I have been taught by Luis and toby along with being motivated by Zigsta. Due to my placings and lack of competition I have stood as #1 PT in the atlantic north for quite some time and I say this to stand before you PT boards right now. You guys are my home and it's sad to see all that have left. But the generation I have learned from has taught me alot and I'm raising up in rankings this year in brawl. You all know me who were marked in the PT main's countdown. You've seen my presence and I honestly think I have held on and done well enough to make the top 5.

To all the new PT's theres no hate here....you're just starting a new generation of PT while most of the old has switched over or moved out. I just wanted all you new guys to see the old names and know who really has put your character where it stands now.

The Current PT boards TOP 5

Based on activity and placings I will give the real rundown of the PT's right now

1.TheReflexWonder- we all know it so it has to be said.
2. Steeler- if your still active homie you deff deserve to be one here
3. CoonTail
4. Mata- Clearly still active so I wanna see you up on here cause you've done a great job placing
5.IDK- T-block or maybe typh Im not really sure tbh and if someone wants to claim this feel free but overall this is the reason the new tier list gave us ALOT OF ****....we don't even have 5 active PT's let alone big name ones. So I think this is the time where the 4 I have placed here need to step up and place even better.

**EDIT** If kith is still active he will be put on this top 5 because he needs to be on here....that pkmntrainer defines the Snake v. PT matchup as gettin closer and closer to even

we are an endangered species, gentlemen....
Your dead on steeler now lets show these boards what happens when all we got left is honestly about 4 of us

lucas_irineu

Smash Cadet
Reflex, Steeler and T-Block are all great. Probably in that order. Maybe.

Man, I really wish there were more good active PTs. I'm still a PT main, I just don't really go to tournaments regularly, mostly because there are no regular tournaments in Brazil. :/

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol don't put me on there, i don't play brawl seriously anymore and only plan on attending local tournaments from now on

and i'm not even that good

T-block

B2B TST
can i claim the #5 spot considering i have the best ivysaur in canada (also please, i never troll, i actually do use pkmn trainer a lot)
***** step down please

i love how people are putting me top 5 when they probably don't know how i play =P love you guys <3

my situation: i haven't been playing brawl much at all lately, but not really because i'm tired of it. from june 2010 to august 2011 i will have only spent four months in my home town. the rest of it is in another city (where i am now), and i don't have a tv to play. i co-main diddy/pt, but i have been playing diddy more lately. i wouldn't say i main diddy yet though.

CoonTail

Smash Lord

Based on activity and placings I will give the real rundown of the PT's right now

1.TheReflexWonder- we all know it so it has to be said.
2. Steeler- if your still active homie you deff deserve to be one here
3. CoonTail
4. Mata- Clearly still active so I wanna see you up on here cause you've done a great job placing
5.IDK- T-block or maybe typh Im not really sure tbh and if someone wants to claim this feel free but overall this is the reason the new tier list gave us ALOT OF ****....we don't even have 5 active PT's let alone big name ones. So I think this is the time where the 4 I have placed here need to step up and place even better.

**EDIT** If kith is still active he will be put on this top 5 because he needs to be on here....that pkmntrainer defines the Snake v. PT matchup as gettin closer and closer to even

Your dead on steeler now lets show these boards what happens when all we got left is honestly about 4 of us
Well so steeler wants to be removed leaving the list looking like this.....

1. TheReflexWonder
2. CoonTail
3. Mata
4. T-block
5. Phiddlesticks/typh/ Im not really sure anyone wanna claim the spot with some decent justification since it seems no one else is saying anything besides I suck don't put me on there

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
My two cents, seeing as I've been fortunate enough to play a good bit of the top PTs:

1) Reflex.

Easy. No explanation needed.

2) typh

If you guys wanna actually count typh, that is. I know he hasn't entered a tournament in forever, but I played him over the summer, and he's still legit. If Magik counted, I'd easily put typh at number 2 over Magik.

3) MaTa

I unfortunately haven't been able to play MaTa yet, but hopefully I'll be able to play both him and Miles over the summer. I give MaTa the edge over CoonTail just because, in my personal opinion, MaTa's from a tougher region, and I've heard more stories of him doing well against nationally known players than CoonTail.

4) CoonTail

Let me just say WOW! I had no idea my playing PT was actually inspiring someone! I'm completely humbled and honored, man! I do really miss PT, but I'm Bowser's just a natural fit to my playstyle. People always ask me why did I drop a character and pick up one lower on the tier list, and I always say Bowser just feels right to me. That said, I still love you guys to death, and I wish I was still in the good fight with you.

5) BlazingKatakiri

I haven't been keeping up with his tournament results lately, but I know he's placed pretty well in his region. He also carries around a notebook full of PT stuff to improve, which I find to be pretty cool. Reminds me how I have a PDF of all of Bowser's GR options on my iPhone, haha.

As far as other top PTs who could potentially be on this list but aren't due to inactivity, all's been said already, save for Kith quit Brawl. I talked to Polt about him just the other day--he said Kith is playing either Call of Duty or Street Fighter now.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
co.on dont actually put me on the top 5, i just wanted it to be known that i actually do use pkmn trainer and im not just screwing around on these boards

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well prob is zigsta that you asked for our PR and unfortunatly PR lists leave honorable mentions to those who are inactive so even if typh is still good he's gotta play to be on there.

and I don't see katakiri with any recent recent results either or a response to the message so this leaves us with few options.

Also I don't mean to argue Mata but the Atlantic North players place me higher than him in general discussion in reference to PT level from what they played when he came to the Atlantic north.
You may have heard about him more but I'm playing against Vinnie, Will, Anti, Dabuz, and all of jersey with any tourny I go to so Im not about to argue reason I just believe Im as up there with Mata. it's my own damn fault tho I haven't listed quite a few tourny results so ughh

if anything i think the list will be meager but look like this.

1. TheReflexWonder
2. CoonTail
2. Mata
4. BlazingKatakiri
5. Steeler- Blazing is deff more active than steeler but steeler still is gonna go to locals so that puts him above typh currently.

And you were just always a friendly face on the boards zigsta so that motivates me to learn more, remember our generation of PT LOL, and also come back to the boards because I've become rather fed up with the PT boards a couple times due to the overall lack of response I get when I've been here for quite some time....but it's always been like that.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I haven't included this weekend's results yet, but if it helps any these are the top earners of your character (without high tier secondaries):
1. TheReflexWonder
2. MaTa
3. Blazing Katakiri
4. Aposl
5. Bomber

I don't have any results of Steeler since October 1st (not without high tiers anyway).

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well what's their activity flayl cause thats our issue currently is that outside of the top two there the bottom 3 arent very active at all

Flayl

Smash Hero
Since October 1st:

Reflex - 5 placings as PT
MaTa - 2
Blazing Katakiri - 2
Aposl - 6
Bomber - 1

edit: These placings don't include last place, fyi. It's possible they've attended more tournaments.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I'm definitely more active since things settled down after the move. I've played a great deal of players as well and thank you all for your votes and opinions. A little from my perspective

When I was up north in the NY/NJ area, not to start feuds but that was definitely the easiest region after playing in Fl, NY, NJ and Cali now. The Atlantic South region were the toughest in my opinion. So Cal is getting there but NY, NJ were easiest on my list.

After reflex its kinda hard picking the most "accurate" number. But I could pick 4 more in no general order. I'm not sure on who is still active but this is just my thought so no offense to anyone else.

Kith
Mata
T-Block
Magik

for some reason why, after playing a bunch of PTs Kith definitely stands out, he's super creative with squirtle and uses a ton of mechanics that can be done with him. Overall a great player. T-Block from videos I've watched he knows what he is doing. He's smart about is move choices and the know how to use our loving character. Along with Magik, he looks like he knows how to use PT from videos and his knowledge of the character. Reasons for myself, I know i'm not the best but i've had the opportunity to play a ton of players and actually see where my skill settles. I know I can hold my own with others. After playing friendlies with Typh I can tell he's really good, its a shame he doesn't play anymore. If he was still active he'd be on here for sure. I know I've watched vids of him in the past that were very inspiring. ice_c00n, i didn't know when i argued with you ha I'm sure you are a great PT, i just never knew where you were located, even when i was up north people didn't bring up another PT besides Aposl. I dont want this thread turning into a big hate fest.

but yeah thats just my opinion.

Everyone who uses this character has balls because, lets face it he's know MK. It takes a lot of practice and time to really understand him.

I think this would be better if we could fine who all are active.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I'm definitely more active since things settled down after the move. I've played a great deal of players as well and thank you all for your votes and opinions. A little from my perspective

When I was up north in the NY/NJ area, not to start feuds but that was definitely the easiest region after playing in Fl, NY, NJ and Cali now. The Atlantic South region were the toughest in my opinion. So Cal is getting there but NY, NJ were easiest on my list.

After reflex its kinda hard picking the most "accurate" number. But I could pick 4 more in no general order. I'm not sure on who is still active but this is just my thought so no offense to anyone else.

Kith
Mata
T-Block
Magik

ice_c00n, i didn't know when i argued with you ha I'm sure you are a great PT, i just never knew where you were located, even when i was up north people didn't bring up another PT besides Aposl. I dont want this thread turning into a big hate fest.

I think this would be better if we could fine who all are active.
Don't worry mata not what I was trying to do either so I hear you. And Im not gonna argue regions cause I've only played against a handful of out of state players outside of the major atlantic north.

My prob with your list is it's still a bunch of inactive PT's for the most part my list is based on active PT's that are present here at the boards. So I dunno how people wanna do this but I figured we base this off who's here, active, and who is showing reasons here for their reason to get on.

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
Don't worry mata not what I was trying to do either so I hear you. And Im not gonna argue regions cause I've only played against a handful of out of state players outside of the major atlantic north.

My prob with your list is it's still a bunch of inactive PT's for the most part my list is based on active PT's that are present here at the boards. So I dunno how people wanna do this but I figured we base this off who's here, active, and who is showing reasons here for their reason to get on.
Yeah I think that would be good, it should be active players who are still competing. Once I figure that out I'd have to change up my list then.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well my posts really do show the only active PTs still left here so I mean apostle is another player we could consider but I never ever saw him here on the boards so even the list flayl put up gives us about 4 players so I think my list is about accurate. but for one more use

1. TheReflexWonder
2. CoonTail
2. Mata
4. Aposl
5. BlazingKatakiri

MaTA

Smash Ace
NNID
MatisElite
I guess it seems pretty accurate if your list is correct with active players. I'll try and double check tomorrow...maybe get a hold of kith or something to see what he's been up to.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
hahaha I guess so Tblock I've never seen him

and Mata just lemme know when you do cause it seems like you and I are the only ones still trying to get a recent accurate list currently

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Although the videos I've posted aren't any good, I still hope that one day I can be a "good" represent on Pokemon Trainer, I've been playing Pt since this game came out and I really want to represent and make all you guys proud. From what i've seen and read here, I can say that I agree with the majority of lists. I know a lot of "pro's" used to play Pokemon Trainer but I think you should only rank people who use him in tournament play, a person who hasen't touched Pt in a half year or so shouldn't be called. Apart from that, reading this makes me realize that we've got no proper representation outside the states, which makes me a bit sad actually : /

Since I went totally off-topic:
1: Reflex
2: Mata
3: Steeler

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Since I went totally off-topic:
1: Reflex
2: Mata
3: Steeler
Please read my posts...steeler does not want to be on the PR and also is inactive.

Cmon guys if your gonna make lists please at least re-read the thread. I've listed all the inactive PT's and reasons for my list so could we stop putting up half empty lists or one's with inactive players.

Ingoro

Smash Ace
NNID
Ingoro
Didn't Steeler did more then good at the MLG championship? I consider that not to long ago, he would be excluded in the next and besides that, being ranked is a privelige, if Steeler performed he should be on it. Half-empty lists? please enlighten me where it was noted that we had to rank 5 people.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Well its a PR so they more or less have 5 10 or 15 people figuring thats how most of the PR's i've seen work.

Second steeler only went to MLG, openly admitted to not wanting to be on the list and says he's inactive.
So with him saying all this and only having 1 tourny at all recently that does not seem to be grounds to put him on the PR.

I want to get a list of active PT's currently going to tournies placing well and actively participating in this.

Theres enough inactivity on these boards anyway let alone at tournaments I don't think we should be rewarding it figuring if you click the link to the new BBR tier list our character personally got chewed out for having NO REPRESENTATION outside of reflex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom