• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Legends make sense for Alola forms, but I don't know how likely that be. Don't see starters getting them though.

D

Deleted member

Alolan Rattata and a event Munchlax, Plus Snorlax with it's own z move sounds good to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Plus Snorlax with it's own z move sounds good to me.
Lest not we wake the beast from its slumber and incur it's wrath upon our world..
OH ****!!!

Some of the memes this created are hilarious :lol:

Legends make sense for Alola forms, but I don't know how likely that be. Don't see starters getting them though.
How would Legendary Pokemon make sense for an Alolan form? I don't really see them as adapting to the environment type of Pokemon. It's most likely not going to be a permanent home for them and they'll likely not be altered by the region's environment..

D

Deleted member

Okay my bad thanks for the correction. Also reported on by Serebii, and MyNintendonews, full credit to them apparently The Korean Rating board has rated something called the Pokemon Sun and Moon special trail version, sounds like a demo but the details are currently Unkown as to what it is or when it's releasing. Again full credit to Serebii and My MyNintendonews for the info.

Don't know what this is but if we are getting a demo at some point before the games release hopefully it's available to everyone.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
How would Legendary Pokemon make sense for an Alolan form? I don't really see them as adapting to the environment type of Pokemon. It's most likely not going to be a permanent home for them and they'll likely not be altered by the region's environment..
I do not see the legendaries getting Alolan forms either. It'll probably be limited to just the normal Pokemon that you can encounter in the wild. In fact, the Alolan forms may only be implemented onto the Pokemon who do NOT have a mega evolution.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, i'm hoping that fighting type Alakazam is real, because it's too awesome not to be

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Exactly. And like Shiny Beldum was an event for those who bought ORAS early.
Oh... bummer. I missed out Shiny Beldum because I bought ORAS (both versions) about a year after release.

Kinda sucks that we have these limited-time event Pokemon, especially if they are Legendary Pokemon.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I usually have a favorite Pokémon in each gen...

Blastoise, Ampharos, Exploud, Porygon-Z (Or Vespiquen if you don't count old evolutions), Reuniclus, Tyrantrum

A couple of those have close seconds such as Armaldo, Hydreigon, Carracosta, etc

So far, it's definitely Turtonator.

I'm wondering if anythings going to come out that convinces me otherwise. I dunno though. I've been mostly unimpressed

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
well...
Alakazam, Sneasel, Salamence, Weavile, Haxorus, Noivern...

Salandit is my favourite Gen VII so far, and I'm expecting something really cool for his evolution (hopefully it meets my expectations)...a couple other decent candidates based on their potential going forward...
Litten*, Rockruff, Mimikyu**, and Wimpod

*-if multiple evolutions for the starters end up being true, then Litten still has some pretty decent potential...Admittedly I'm warming up to the wrestling tiger (maybe enough for me to choose him anyway especially if he's a Dark type), but it's still not my preferable direction that he could've gone
**-Even if Mimikyu doesn't evolve he'll still likely be one of my favourites...

as far as Alola forms, I absolutely LOVE Ninetales and Marowak...there's such a big dilemma for me when it comes to fire types revealed in this Gen between the starter, Salandit, Marowak and Turtonator...and Baile Oricorio...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm expecting great things from Wimpod evo

Hope it's pure awesome

Like some kind of horror from the deep

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
i guess I might as well give my Gen specific favs too

1: Hitmonchan*
2: Sudowoodo
3: Tropius
4: Drifblim
5: Golurk
6: Phantump

So far I think Wishiwashi or Komala are looking to be the picks for this gen

Fun Fact - I don't even like ghost type. Ground type is actually my favourite, which is weird since 3 ghost types are on my list but only 1 ground type.

*All-round favourite pokemon

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm expecting great things from Wimpod evo

Hope it's pure awesome

Like some kind of horror from the deep

I'm literally going to start a riot if Wimpod doesn't become a Giant Isopod!! It NEEDS to happen!!!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm not sure that Wimpod will even receive an evolution.
I feel like Wimpod more than likely will...it seems like a pretty useless Pokemon otherwise (of course Luvdisc exists but still)...

A lot of people compared him to Magikarp and Feebas and while I don't really think his evolution will be that drastic I feel like it'll get somekind of evolution at the very least...

Isopods come in all shapes and sizes, such as the Giant Isopod that Psycho has shown...so it's not like there isn't potential for it...

unlike Mimikyu where it could literally be just that, it appears to have a pretty decent ability which could turn out to be pretty overpowered on a stronger Pokemon so not evolving it could be a way to balance it...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Aetheri Aetheri : I guess I see Wimpod being a bit sturdy in the physical defense department. In other words, something like the following base stat speculation that I have for it...

Wimpod
HP: 50
Attack: 50
Defense: 120
SP ATK: 90
SP DEF: 50
Speed: 50
Total: 410

Wimpod wouldn't be completely useless like with some other Pokemon who don't have evolutions, such as Farfetch'd. Of course, the high defense would be offset by low HP and special defense, so it pretty much wouldn't like getting hit by special attacks.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want him to evolve.

I want some kind of badass monster giant isopod.

One if the rumors, that I'm sure is fake, gave a description for Wimpod's evo being a mixture of Scolipede and Kabuto. That sounds awesome. A multi limbed creature with many blades for arms

I also like it's color scheme and want to see it on something more powerful

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Aetheri Aetheri : I guess I see Wimpod being a bit sturdy in the physical defense department. In other words, something like the following base stat speculation that I have for it...

Wimpod
HP: 50
Attack: 50
Defense: 120
SP ATK: 90
SP DEF: 50
Speed: 50
Total: 410

Wimpod wouldn't be completely useless like with some other Pokemon who don't have evolutions, such as Farfetch'd. Of course, the high defense would be offset by low HP and special defense, so it pretty much wouldn't like getting hit by special attacks.
The problem I have, is it's ability doesn't really give it any distinct advantages besides just running away...Dunsparce gets Serene Grace, Kecleon gets Protean, Sableye and Klefki get Prankster, Ditto gets Imposter, heck Luvdisc at least gets Swift Swim....Wimpod gets Wimp Out? not really a game changing ability for a single stage pokemon...

The whole idea that this Pokemon is cowardly by Nature, Name and Ability gives me the impression that either it will evolve into something more brave (offensive) or something that can at least be more defensive (such as a large armoured Isopod) to defend better in the wild without the need to run away all the time...

D

Deleted member

I guess I'll might as well post my favorite Pokemon from each generation:
1. Venusaur
2. Crobat
3. Latios/Salamence
4. Luxray
5. Chandelure
6. Greninja
As for Gen 7, so far I'd say it's Vikavolt

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Vikavolt was my favorite until Turtonator was reveiled

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
Haven't been on the boards in awhile. Crabrawler is so far my absolute favorite in Gen VII so far, and I hope it is competitively viable. I do like that it seems to be getting a decent move pool.

Giving my favs of each gen, as well:
1. Gengar
2. Crobat
3. Metagross
4. Torterra
5. Krookodile
6. Tyrantrum

Salandit is my current favorite of this gen... I just hope it's evolution is good, as well.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Salandit is a pokemon I'm probably going to use in my other run assuming I get both versions like I usually do

But, he's got competition from Marowak

Never has there been a gen before that fire types competed for my team. This is strange

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
How can you guys only pick one? I'm giving 3 from each Gen because otherwise this is way too hard:

1 - Arcanine, Zapdos, Charizard
2 - Ho-oh, Feraligatr, Scizor
3 - Groudon, Latios, Aggron
4 - Giratina (Origin), Garchomp, Electivire
5 - Zekrom, Chandelure, Volcarona
6 - Clawitzer, Tyrantrum, Talonflame

D

Deleted member

Choosing 4 is alot easier for me:

Gen 1: :003::094::059::143:
Gen 2: :169::248::181::157:
Gen 3: Latios, Salamence, Gardevoir, Mawile
Gen 4: Luxray, :4lucario:, Roserade, Staraptor
Gen 5: Chandelure, Excadrill, Krookodile, Galvantula
Gen 6: :4greninja:, Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Meowstic
These are all in particular order.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The problem I have, is it's ability doesn't really give it any distinct advantages besides just running away...Dunsparce gets Serene Grace, Kecleon gets Protean, Sableye and Klefki get Prankster, Ditto gets Imposter, heck Luvdisc at least gets Swift Swim....Wimpod gets Wimp Out? not really a game changing ability for a single stage pokemon...

The whole idea that this Pokemon is cowardly by Nature, Name and Ability gives me the impression that either it will evolve into something more brave (offensive) or something that can at least be more defensive (such as a large armoured Isopod) to defend better in the wild without the need to run away all the time...
I guess that's pretty much why I speculated that Wimpod would have a pretty good physical defense. If it does somehow get an evolution, then the defense would get raised as well.

On a side note, a base stat total of 410 has been used for Ponyta, and it evolves into Rapidash. Perhaps Wimpod's scenario may be similar? Hard to say at this point though.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I like so many Pokémanz I don't have favorites lmao
If aI have to choose one from each gen...

Also,
is my absolute favourite but I don't know if it goes in gen 3 or 6 lol

Runner ups: Charizard, Snorlax, Tyranitar, Deoxys, Luxray, Combee, Gliscor, Porygon-Z, Chandelure, Ferrothorn and Meloetta.

Might as well do the four from each gen:
1. Gengar, Charizard, Gyarados, Arbok
2. Crobat, Feraligatr, Steelix, Scizor
3. Metagross, Sceptile, Sharpedo, Seviper
4. Torterra, Garchomp, Drapion, Gliscor
5. Krookodile, Galvantula, Emboar, Serperior
6. Tyrantrum, Aegislash, Chesnaught, Malamar

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I look forward to whatever next week's announcement is hood fully the starter evolutions so we can confirm if the Chinease rumour is true once and for all.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Next announcement will be alolan *insert Gen I Pokemon nobody wanted here*, mark my words.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Favorite Pokemon from each generation? Very well then.

Generation 1: Gengar
Generation 2: Scizor
Generation 3: Swampert
Generation 4: Gallade (favorite Pokemon right here)
Generation 5: Meloetta
Generation 6: Greninja
Generation 7: Lurantis (out of everyone revealed thus far)

Though if I had to give a top 3 for each one, it would look like this:

Generation 1: Gengar, Vaporeon, Starmie
Generation 2: Scizor, Donphan, Suicune,
Generation 3: Swampert, Gardevoir, Salamence,
Generation 4: Gallade, Shaymin (Sky Forme), Dialga
Generation 5: Meloetta, Chandelure, Bisharp
Generation 6: Greninja, Aegislash, Sylveon,
Generation 7: Lurantis, Tapu Koko, Mudsdale

Last edited:

Moorthen

Smash Apprentice
We're naming favorite Pokémon? Well, then, here's mine:

Gen 1: Mew
Gen 2: Celebi
Gen 3: Jirachi (All time favorite)
Gen 4: Mismagius
Gen 5: Reshiram
Gen 6: Diancie

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If I were to give my top 3 for each Gen...

1-Alakazam, Nidoking, Haunter
2-Sneasel, Scizor, Heracross
3-Salamence, Rayquaza, Sableye
4-Weavile, Torterra, Garchomp
5-Haxorus, Hydreigon, Krookodile
6-Noivern, Tyrantrum, Greninja
7-Salandit, Mimikyu, Vikavolt

D

Deleted member

My top 3 favorite Pokemon from each Generation:
1: Pikachu, Raichu, Gyarados (honorable mention goes to Dragonite)
2: Espeon, Phanpy, Tyranitar
3: Breloom, Blaziken, Aggron
4: Garchomp, Lucario, Leafeon
5: Excadrill, Haxorus, Chandelure
6: Greninja, Talonflame, Tyrantrum
7: Rowlet, Mimikyu, Rockruff

Top Bottom