• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There was also this in that Japanese trailer..
I brought it up on Serebii but they think it's just the lighting but the Pokemon that follow it afterwards don't have this effect and are quite visible with their colorations. The should also be a noticeable color difference in the head but there isn't..

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There was also this in that Japanese trailer..
I brought it up on Serebii but they think it's just the lighting but the Pokemon that follow it afterwards don't have this effect and are quite visible with their colorations. The should also be a noticeable color difference in the head but there isn't..
Yeah the bear looks off in the trailer.

I'm thinking either the scans were lighted badly, there's a gender difference, maybe shiny( unlikely), or the art work will give us a better color look at him.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Looks like the trainers now activate super moves of PkMn by dancing. And no hat option available! The girl trainer is saved!

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Thoughts? Keep them in a spoiler, of course.
There was something similar on /vp/ the other day.
http://i.imgur.com/37nFXmz.png
I can't find the original thread. This was a couple days prior to PokeJungle's article.

I mean, if it's legit, it's pretty cool. I'm going with Popplio now instead of Rowlet if it is true.
Really not sure how to feel about having to build your own gyms.

It all kind of seems legit, though.

EDIT:
Bond abilities were shown off here, which gives the post even more of a green light.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyIkvadJU1Q

http://i.imgur.com/B7SQQvT.png
Also, there's this. Only contradiction between this and the the one from above though, is that the above states that there's 90. This has 62.
I guess you could say Psychic/Dark is a pretty unique combo. The only other Pokemon that I can think of that has this typing is Malamar and Inkay.
EDIT:
Georilla and Copybara aren't anywhere on the second list. Second list may be a hoax. Of course, it could also go the same way for the first picture above.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't find the original thread. This was a couple days prior to PokeJungle's article.

I mean, if it's legit, it's pretty cool. I'm going with Popplio now instead of Rowlet if it is true.

EDIT:
Bond abilities were shown off here, which gives the post even more of a green light.

Also, there's this. Only contradiction between this and the the one from above though, is that the above states that there's 90. This has 62.
I guess you could say Psychic/Dark is a pretty unique combo. The only other Pokemon that I can think of that has this typing is Malamar and Inkay.
Yes the Chinese leaks. They are interesting, but for the most part play it safe. The no gyms makes sense atm but could be changed in seconds. Sea cucumber is an interesting mon. Dolphin is super safe. Also from what I remember reading, it doesn't say lizard, it said fire and poison, a type long wanted and associated with a lizard. Could be a lucky guess.

Rockruff beng were wolf like is pretty likely based on the description of it.

5th moves makes sense and has been something floating around for awhile now.

The starters concept arts though, are not really being taken down. It's super easy to find them, and 99% of the time people can just remove them on their own. They've been doing that on vp. The mods usually don't care what happens there unless it's NSFW images being posted. So lately "leakers" have been taking their posts down to seem legit.

Could be people doing something similar to try and add credibility. Also it's usually known right away by the public when something gets C and D'd. It almost never says quiet.

So atm the leak is in neutral waters. One batch of information could throw it into the high or have it washed to shore on lo tide and being proven wrong.

It's something I'll watch for the moment.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

EDIT:

EDIT:
Georilla and Copybara aren't anywhere on the second list. Second list may be a hoax. Of course, it could also go the same way for the first picture above.
Hoopa-Unbound is also Psychic/Dark so I don't think it will be that typing.. if anything my guesses would be either paired with Psychic and an unused dual type or Dark with an unused Dual type but not Psychic/Dark typing

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'd guess that Marshadow could be Water Ghost or Water Dragon. Two unique combos.

Marshadow should live in the water as solagleo represents land, and lunala sky. There's a whole mythology thing on them people came up with that I don't have a pic of atm. It ties back to Norse mythology though if I remember correctly.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
......oh yeaaaah... still garbage type wise. Sucker Punch/Pursuit will end its life so fast it probably won't even be viable.
It does have it's own multiscale...so it depends on it's defensive stats...but it only has two weaknesses and it has immunities, so it's not really that bad...

The biggest problem is how common the dark type is in competitive play...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
If Marshadow is a part of a trio with Lunala and Solgaleo, then I could see it as a Poison/Psychic type as that's a new typing combo that would fit with the idea of an Eclipse Pokémon. I could see Bug/Psychic work as well, though I'm more for Poison since that's the only typing that doesn't have a legendary yet.

As for Lunala, defensively, it's definitely meh. Being 4x weak to Dark and Ghost hurts a lot considering how common they are, and the resistances to Psychic and Poison aren't really all that useful in practice. The immunities give it a better deal with Fighting and Normal, but that's still not the best lineup of typing resistances/immunities to have for the metagame. However, if it gets great stats, then it can probably make it work.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
It does have it's own multiscale...so it depends on it's defensive stats...but it only has two weaknesses and it has immunities, so it's not really that bad...

The biggest problem is how common the dark type is in competitive play...
Exactly. And pursuit/sucker punch is a very common combo in ubers if you are a showdown player. Multiscale or not this guy will have to be used late game to prevent being revenge killed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Edit: Wrong thread

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
As Arcanir Arcanir already said I predict Marshadow being Poison/Psychic and I think it will be based on a scorpion.
Also, am I the only one that think they get rid of HMs this time around?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
As Arcanir Arcanir already said I predict Marshadow being Poison/Psychic and I think it will be based on a scorpion.
Most likely they won't be removed.. it's too story involved with them. Some of them can be changed up like how flash became a TM, and some of them no longer became HMs but they most likely will have the original HMs around including waterfall and maybe a few more they create with this region in mind but all in all they are most likely making a return..

D

Deleted member

Kiteruguma, and Mimikkyu are not two of my favourite designs Kiteruguma looks bland and boring to me. And Mimikkyu just odd and weird. They'll grow on me eventually but for now their two Pokemon I just don't like. But I'll definetly catch train, bond with them, and use them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I could see hms being gone, but I don't think it will happen. At the very least they may make them like tms and be able to be forgotten naturally.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wish we had the figures here. I always liked the pre order figures. I have the lugia, Ho Oh, and giritna ones they did for thheir respective games.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I already Pre-ordered Moon at my local Best Buy so the figurines are a moot point for me.. didn't really care much for figurines tbh so it's not really a big loss for me..

Is there a video supposed to come out sometime today?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I already Pre-ordered Moon at my local Best Buy so the figurines are a moot point for me.. didn't really care much for figurines tbh so it's not really a big loss for me..

Is there a video supposed to come out sometime today?
Next video should come from Pokenchi on the 17th.

D

Deleted member

Quick shout out to Pokemon Go I'm not getting it but the Nostilgia, connection, and excercise it brings is beyond amazing I hope it's sucesss continues! Incredible game can't wait to see more from it! Back on topic oh yes Pokenchi.

Hopefully it's something but we'll see. They've given the first appearance of Mega Mewtwo Y, and Scenes of Groudon and Kyogre before. But most of their stuff is just recaps of tgings unveiled hopefully it's something new but I'm not holding my breath.

Come November 18th I'll be getting Pokemon Sun but just it alone the figurines look cool but I'm not a collector so they do nothing for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Exactly. And pursuit/sucker punch is a very common combo in ubers if you are a showdown player. Multiscale or not this guy will have to be used late game to prevent being revenge killed.
If Lunala can learn Torment though, that could help it deal with Sucker Punch; attack on the turn that Sucker Punch can't be used, and then use a status move on the next turn to keep Sucker Punch from working. Lunala will have to watch out for Taunt, however.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If Lunala can learn Torment though, that could help it deal with Sucker Punch; attack on the turn that Sucker Punch can't be used, and then use a status move on the next turn to keep Sucker Punch from working. Lunala will have to watch out for Taunt, however.
I have never seen torment used competitively. It seems like a wasted moveslot tbh. As long as lunaala's bulk is decent enough he can just roost spam if need be.

D

Deleted member

So, there will be a new video tomorrow.
I hope they FINALLY show the starter evolutions. Even if it's just the second stage, I need SOMETHING that will make me decide which starter to choose.

D

Deleted member

I sure hope so with Pokenchi you never know but hopefully it's something!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokenchi is tonight. If I remember correctly they have some type of footage, and then there is a new video tomorrow, which people think will have that info. Won't be long till we see though. It airs 8pm EST I believe,

CptJPuff

Smash Journeyman
Pokenchi, as expected, reused the most recent Japanese trailer and called it "new footage".

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Don't expect pokenchi to ever use new footage. Once we get a trailer that's it. It will then be used by non pokemon youtube outlets as advertisements.

D

Deleted member

Probably should have said this earlier but yeah don't ever expect much from them. Pokenchi sometimes unveils big things but that's rare most of the time, when there's big Pokemon game news they usually just recap what's been said. So don't ever usually expect much from them. Sorry MahBoi2016 hopefully we get the starter evolutions soon maybe by September or so. And hopefully you'll be able to decide which starter you want to choose soon.

D

Deleted member

August is just a couple weeks away hopefully we get something then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I were to guess, August 5th to the 10th would be good news days.

They seem to want to have new stuff out earlier and then corocoro is free to add whatever it wants to the batch of info when they release.

Corocoro is also saying it will have the everything you need to know about Alola guide. So I could see an trailer early on in the month focused on this. With corocoro recapping it with some new info. So August should be pretty big for news. I'm looking forward to what they do.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I too think we'll probably get some significant Sun and Moon news around early August going off the recent patterns, and I think we're bound to receive more Sun and Moon information during the World Championships on the weekend of August 19. During Worlds' opening ceremony, there's a part around the middle where a major developer appears on stage to discuss some big news about an upcoming game (Junichi Masada with a main series game, Tekken developer Harada with Pokken).
  • Worlds 2009: Heartgold and Soulsilver was announced to everyone outside of Japan
  • Worlds 2013: Mega Kangaskhan revealed
  • Worlds 2014: Mega Slowbro revealed
  • Worlds 2015: Pokken Tournament console release announced + Pikachu Libre as a fighter revealed
So I have a feeling in this year's Worlds, while Junichi Masuda has a good chance of showing up for the Sun and Moon news, Shigeru Ohmori could also appear since he's developing the games this time around (Masuda will be the producer). I'm guessing that Worlds will reveal either a new Pokemon, a new Mega Evolution (assuming we receive more of them in Sun and Moon), or something related to the synchro moves mechanic. We might even get a new Sun and Moon trailer that shows some new footage here and there.

And yes, I know I'm new to this thread. I should start hanging out here more often since I'm just as hyped for the upcoming Sun and Moon games as everyone here is.

Last edited:
Top Bottom