• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Tapu Koko looks great, Charjabug's pretty rad, could it be Grubbin's evolved second form, Vikavolt what I think is Charjabug's evolved form is cool, Cutiefly's cute, Drampa is pretty cool, grandpa dragon like awesome. Bruxish is okay but I like it. Togedemaru looks cool. More news today I look forward to it!

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
I totally think Charjabug is Grubbins evo. At first thought, It didn't seem like it, since the colour scheme, eyes, mandables, etc are all different. What sold me on it is A) Grubbin, Charjabug, and Vikavolt all have the same mouths, and B) Grubbins info blurb on the Official Sun n' Moon website says that "Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations". Pretty solid evidence imo. Great looking mon tho. I love Charjabugs design. Vikavolt is meh.

I feel like Falkor Drampa may be a single stage poke like Druddigon...We did want a Normal/Dragon...though I know a lot of people wanted a Dunsparce evolution...This poke will take a lot of getting used to...
I'm actually so happy that I'm not the only one that is reminded of Falkor by Drampa. Maybe I can finally make my Neverending Story theme team. Drampa, Kirlia (Childlike Empress), Mightyena (Gmork), Torterra (Morla), Rhyperior (the Rock-Biter), and Trevenant (Bark-Troll). But either way, Drampa is by far my favourite new poke by far.

All the rest are kinda meh for me

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
beeteedubs...video's live now...
confirms Grubbin's evos...

also Drampa gets Sap Sipper...

D

Deleted member

Woah what an explosive start to the day also Happy Canada Day to our Canadian brothers in the great white north anyway, again Zygarde's forms are awesome, Bruxish has grown on me, Tapu Koko is awesome, I was going to get Grubbin but after seeing Charjabug and Vikavolt it's evolved forms. Oh boy do I want it on my team, Charjabug and Vikavolt are electrifyingly cool. Drampa's cool, wise dragon and all, Cutiefly is cute, Togedemaru is adorable, and Komala and Rockruff are cool.

Can't wait till the next batch of news I know I've already given my thoughts on all the new Pokrmon but I thought I just one last recap it was awesome highlight of my day no doubt!

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Okay...so we might have an interesting scenario on our hands. Let's take a look at this guy for the moment:

Rockruff is already one of the fans' favorite new mons. Appealing design, unique typing for its appearance, and come on, you expect people to see a puppy and not find it adorable? And now the new info on it is just making people like it even more. It seems like Nintendo/TPCI/Game Freak/etc. are going all out to nail this one.

Which has me wondering: Are they setting this line up to become the Lucario of Gen 7?

How about we take a look at some of what we just learned? Apparently when a Rockruff is close to evolving, it starts howling at night increasingly often, and they'll even outright leave their companions to go evolve on their own, returning once the evolution is complete. Could this be leading into the first true wolf Pokémon, something the fans have been hoping to see for several generations now? Not only that, but could the special attention given to them howling at night when close to evolving and going off on their own when the transformation takes place...be hinting at a werewolf motif?

Think about that for a second. A bipedal canine with potentially a rare typing like Rock/Fighting (emphasizing Rockruff's fighting spirit) or Rock/Dark (emphasizing being more active at night)? The fans would go nuts.

But there's more! You know how there's some kind of new evolution mechanic they're keeping under wraps? We know some of the new mons will be capable of it. They've been upfront about Solgaleo, Lunala, and now Tapu Koko being capable of it, but if you remember, last month's Corocoro implied a few certain lines had some kind of "secret". Which lines? The starters...and Rockruff. That might imply some kind of special prominence in and of itself, wouldn't you say?

D

Deleted member

I liked Rockruff and wanted it on my team but a possible wolf evolution oh that would be sweet!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Okay...so we might have an interesting scenario on our hands. Let's take a look at this guy for the moment:

Rockruff is already one of the fans' favorite new mons. Appealing design, unique typing for its appearance, and come on, you expect people to see a puppy and not find it adorable? And now the new info on it is just making people like it even more. It seems like Nintendo/TPCI/Game Freak/etc. are going all out to nail this one.

Which has me wondering: Are they setting this line up to become the Lucario of Gen 7?

How about we take a look at some of what we just learned? Apparently when a Rockruff is close to evolving, it starts howling at night increasingly often, and they'll even outright leave their companions to go evolve on their own, returning once the evolution is complete. Could this be leading into the first true wolf Pokémon, something the fans have been hoping to see for several generations now? Not only that, but could the special attention given to them howling at night when close to evolving and going off on their own when the transformation takes place...be hinting at a werewolf motif?

Think about that for a second. A bipedal canine with potentially a rare typing like Rock/Fighting (emphasizing Rockruff's fighting spirit) or Rock/Dark (emphasizing being more active at night)? The fans would go nuts.

But there's more! You know how there's some kind of new evolution mechanic they're keeping under wraps? We know some of the new mons will be capable of it. They've been upfront about Solgaleo, Lunala, and now Tapu Koko being capable of it, but if you remember, last month's Corocoro implied a few certain lines had some kind of "secret". Which lines? The starters...and Rockruff. That might imply some kind of special prominence in and of itself, wouldn't you say?
I seriously doubt that theory's likely for multiple reasons:
1: After how Zoroark failed at being the next Lucario and Gen 6 not really promoting any Pokémon like that, leads me to believe they're no longer that interested in trying to do that again. Instead, it seems like they're trying to wait things out, find out who winds up as popular, and exploit them then.
2: They haven't been pushing Rockruff that much anyways, and beyond the implied secret, he doesn't seem to have a much better future.

But I could be wrong I guess.

:094:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I seriously doubt that theory's likely for multiple reasons:
1: After how Zoroark failed at being the next Lucario and Gen 6 not really promoting any Pokémon like that, leads me to believe they're no longer that interested in trying to do that again. Instead, it seems like they're trying to wait things out, find out who winds up as popular, and exploit them then.
2: They haven't been pushing Rockruff that much anyways, and beyond the implied secret, he doesn't seem to have a much better future.

But I could be wrong I guess.

:094:
Gen 6 had greninja pushed

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Another Pokemon has been revealed. A Fire/poison type Pokemon who can poison it's own type and Steel.

I'm curious to what will happen if Toxic Spikes is used and poison type Pokemon come in..

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
RIP Mega-Mawile, you were my trusty partner :sadeyes: i cri evrytiem

Seriously, I really like it. Design is dope and ability is amazing. And finally we have a fire/poison type!

I love the new Pokemon's design.

But now I have a problem... I planned to pick Litten as starter, but I'd also like to have that one in my team.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really get why Corrosion can make even Poison-type Pokemon become poisoned, especially now that the Electric-type is immune to paralysis. If Fire-types can't be burned, and Electric-types can't be paralyzed, shouldn't Poison-types be immune to poison?

If anything, Corrosion should've negated the Steel-type's immunity to Poison-type moves. Of course, this probably won't matter in a competitive environment if Salandit isn't very viable, and Corrosion is exclusive to it.

Another Pokemon has been revealed. A Fire/poison type Pokemon who can poison it's own type and Steel.

I'm curious to what will happen if Toxic Spikes is used and poison type Pokemon come in..
Poison-types would probably still be able to remove Toxic Spikes upon entry. If anything, Corrosion would only be applied onto status moves that target a specific Pokemon, such as Poison Gas, Toxic, and Poison Powder.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I love how Gamefreak is going full-on competitive with these new abilities. None of that Tangled Feet ******* (except rockruff....why rockruff?).

I dig Salandit. Depending on my starter I may pick one up. Fire/Poison is a cool typing...even though mud-slap with destroy it...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If it evolves into something cool, it definitely will be on my second game's team

D

Deleted member

If it's evolution has good stats, then it might be on my team (assuming there won't be Johto megas)

I posted this already to Nintenzone Social, but I though I'd post it here as well:
  1. Grass/Fire
  2. Fire/Ice
  3. Fire/Fairy
  4. Electric/Dark
  5. Electric/Rock
  6. Electric/Fighting
  7. Electric/Psychic
  8. Electric/Poison
  9. Bug/Ice
  10. Bug/Dark
  11. Bug/Normal
  12. Bug/Psychic
  13. Bug/Dragon
  14. Ice/Steel
  15. Ice/Normal
  16. Ice/Poison
  17. Ice/Fairy
  18. Ice/Fighting
  19. Psychic/Poison
  20. Ghost/Normal
  21. Ghost/Rock
  22. Ghost/Fighting
  23. Ghost/Fairy
  24. Poison/Fairy
  25. Poison/Steel
  26. Poison/Normal
  27. Poison/Rock
  28. Rock/Normal
  29. Ground/Fighting
  30. Ground/Fairy
  31. Fighting/Dragon
  32. Fighting/Fairy
  33. Normal/Dark
  34. Normal/Steel
  35. Dark/Fairy
These are the 35 type combinations not yet used in Pokemon. We recently got three new combinations (Normal/Dragon, Bug/Fairy, and Poison/Fire), so there's a good chance we'll still get some of these as well.​

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Still waiting on Ghost/Normal...new favorite pokemon easily....as long as it has a decent design. (MEGA GIRAFARIG!!!1!)

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I wonder if Salandit's corrosion ignores abilities also...such as Immunity or Comatose...

That would be pretty big especially if it gets decent stats and movepool...Gliscor would pretty much be the only thing that's not afraid of this thing...

Easily one of my favourite pokemon revealed this gen...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would still be good if there were more abilities that can bypass type immunities. For some examples...
  • Dragon Pride: Enables Dragon-type moves to hit Fairy-type Pokemon.
  • Earth Shocker: Enables Electric-type moves to hit Ground-type Pokemon.
  • Mystical Eyes: Enables Psychic-type moves to hit Dark-type Pokemon.
And for another potential ability to consider...

Sub-Zero Freeze: Ice-type moves become super effective against Water-type Pokemon.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
Seems like the music for the more "exotic" legendaries. It gives me that vibe. The sounds and the chord progression reminds me of the "Arabic" scale, my favourite :)

D

Deleted member

Salandit's design was not a favourite of mine but I like it now and I want it on
My team. Combination of a salamander and a bandit how cool is that? Corrosion is cool and Maybe Sandit evolves into a koomodo dragon like Pokemon. The type listing is cool M.P. thanks. The unused theme sounds like something for facing the evil team leader or the Pokemon league champion and their Pokemon team. But Tizio has a point it does sound like more tropical based legendary music too. Maybe the theme when you face the guardian deity Pokemon like Tapu Koko

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If the pokemon leaks are true, I'm switching to Rowlet

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I'm going Rowlett too, then. Litten's final evo is ugly and looks to be YET ANOTHER Fire/Fighting type. If Popplio's final evo is the Siren then easily second favorite.

I wish GF would drop some of its stupid rules with final evolutions of starters. LITTEN WOULD HAVE BEEN AWESOME ON ALL FOURS LIKE AN ACTUAL TIGER! HOW CAN YOU MESS THIS UP FOR A DUMB RULE LIKE THAT?!?! AHHHH!

D

Deleted member

If this leak is true, Rowlet will definetly be my pick. It gives me a Greninja vibe, and Greninja is my 2nd favorite Pokemon of all time.
Plus, that Litten evo looks really unappealing, and the Popplio evolution is just too feminine for my taste.

D

Deleted member

Wait there was more leaks? Or are you guys referring to the supposed final evolutions of Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten that shows Rowlet as some kind of awesome owl archer, Popplio as a mermaid seal, and Litten as a tiger wrestler?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Wait there was more leaks? Or are you guys referring to the supposed final evolutions of Rowlet, Popplio, and Litten that shows Rowlet as some kind of awesome owl archer, Popplio as a mermaid seal, and Litten as a tiger wrestler?
We are talking about that, yeah.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Supposed new credibility for a previous leak that was once supposedly discredited...

I personally hope it remains that way....while there are aspects I would like that are mentioned from the leak....there are other aspects I really don't like and prefer not happen...

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
If the leaks are true, I'm truly torn; I like all three starter evos! Rowlett's is shady, Litten's has the potential to show up in Smash or Pokken, and Popplio's is absolutely majestic. I have no idea which to pick!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
If you look at the youtuber Shofu's recent videos he made one on the "leaks" today.

Thats where I got the information from.

D

Deleted member

Thanks for the clarification Murlough and yes this was discussed by Pokemon Youtuber shofu and posted on Pokejungle.

Here's a brief summary of some of the things discussed full credit goes to Pokejungle for this.

Please note this is not from the official site and just a brief summary of what I read on Pokejungle full credit to them and shofu again!

A Chinese site has this information and they seem to have predicted Salandit being poison/fire type.

. Apparently gyms don't return you go about creating one yourself and after you do Elite four members appear on the four islands of Alola one for each of them. The Pokemon League Champion was not mentioned so details about that seem unknown.

. Final evolutions for starters are a archer, for Rowlet, wrestler for Litten, and a siren for Popplio. A siren is a beautiful creature who lures sailors to their death with their enchanting song.

. Diamond stones can be found around the Alola region it's based of mega evolution but not entirely could be the rumoured synchro evolution.

. More new Pokemon, based of a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a mushroom, a snowman, and a rugby monkey are new Pokemon you'll encounter in Pokemon Sun and Moon! Guess Gamefreak and The Pokemon company needed some weird designs for the heck of it!

.Rockruff's evolution is a werewolf. If you look at it's page on the Pokemon Sun/Moon site this does suggest this.

. Marshadow one of the rumoured copyright Pokemon has an interesting typing. If anyone remembers the trademarks for Solgaleo, and Lunala there was a third known as Marshadow some kind of eclipse Pokemon perhaps? Probably the third of the trio.

The last part and perhaps most interesting is that the pictures of the archer, wrestler, and siren supposed final starter evolutions are being removed from Google search or people are getting notices, to take them down poke jungle even says they may have to remove them too. It is very suspicious, But take it with a grain of salt again these are just my thoughts. But full credit goes to shofu and Pokejungle again for posting and discussing this all and thanks to all who translated and also thanks to the Chinease site that brought this all to light. Full credit to all of them as well!

Alright well that's it for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the clarification Murlough and yes this was discussed by Pokemon Youtuber shofu and posted on Pokejungle.

Here's a brief summary of some of the things discussed full credit goes to Pokejungle for this.

Please note this is not from the official site and just a brief summary of what I read on Pokejungle full credit to them and shofu again!

A Chinese site has this information and they seem to have predicted Salandit being poison/fire type.

. Apparently gyms don't return you go about creating one yourself and after you do Elite four members appear on the four islands of Alola one for each of them. The Pokemon League Champion was not mentioned so details about that seem unknown.

. Final evolutions for starters are a archer, for Rowlet, wrestler for Litten, and a siren for Popplio. A siren is a beautiful creature who lures sailors to their death with their enchanting song.

. Diamond stones can be found around the Alola region it's based of mega evolution but not entirely could be the rumoured synchro evolution.

. More new Pokemon, based of a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a mushroom, a snowman, and a rugby monkey are new Pokemon you'll encounter in Pokemon Sun and Moon! Guess Gamefreak and The Pokemon company needed some weird designs for the heck of it!

.Rockruff's evolution is a werewolf. If you look at it's page on the Pokemon Sun/Moon site this does suggest this.

. Marshadow one of the rumoured copyright Pokemon has an interesting typing. If anyone remembers the trademarks for Solgaleo, and Lunala there was a third known as Marshadow some kind of eclipse Pokemon perhaps? Probably the third of the trio.

The last part and perhaps most interesting is that the pictures of the archer, wrestler, and siren supposed final starter evolutions are being removed from Google search or people are getting notices, to take them down poke jungle even says they may have to remove them too. It is very suspicious, But take it with a grain of salt again these are just my thoughts. But full credit goes to shofu and Pokejungle again for posting and discussing this all and thanks to all who translated and also thanks to the Chinease site that brought this all to light. Full credit to all of them as well!

Fascinating! I hadn't heard that the Starter images were vanishing... That gives me some hope that the leaks are indeed at least partially true. No gyms would be a shakeup, but could revitalize a somewhat stale formula. To be more precise, Popplio's supposed evolution is likely based on the Selkie, a mythical creature that appears as a human on land and a seal at sea. Their legends have some overlap with sirens, so it adds up. Not too sure about the Diamonds, need more data. Sea Cuke and Snowman should be interesting. I figured as much, Rockruff's flavor text screams "werewolf". As crazy as it is, a few possibilities immediately come to mind: A. Triple type. B. Two of th same type. C. A literally unique typing, used by no other Pokemon. I doubt it's that extreme, but those immediately occurred to me. Thanks for the convenient summary!

D

Deleted member

You're welcome Professor Lexicovermis Yes all this is interesting information. I think it's Unkown if it's true or not but hopefully we find out eventually!

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Well, the details provided does seem to be very interesting. Guess I'll wait and see whether this is true over the next 4 months.

Top Bottom