• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon Released! Discuss here!

Are you excited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

Consindering the timing of all this I wonder if it's what'll be shown at E3 most likely. Zygarde's forms will have a story and a way to catch them in Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon no doubt. I wish Magearna was easier to get but oh we'll, maybe later it will be. Also yes the video footage of Zygarde's forms confirm that Zygarde complete forme's move will be known as Core Enforcer in the west.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I think that the thing that happens only one thousand years is the fact that the Pokémon change his aspects resembling its trainer and reach synchro-evolution or whatever the hell is that without that keystone that the trainers in Sun and Moon have. Like Mega Rayquaza that can evolve without a megastone: it's a special case.
Obviously it's a theory but it's not too :083:
That is what I'm hoping. Maybe even like a five turn boost to a certain mons stats for the battle or something.

EDIT: Magearna is difficult to get because it is the Alola region's Legendary Pixie, that is what I suspect at least.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If that koala dude gets high tier, do you think Dream Eater would be viable? LOL

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If that koala dude gets high tier, do you think Dream Eater would be viable? LOL
Honestly.. no. Having one move around just for one Pokemon you may or may not see will probably be a bad idea since you're still restricted to 4 moves still and would only be using it for that Pokemon.. the most likely counter is probably going to be fighting type Pokemon.. I'm also expecting mold breaker to go through the ability..

D

Deleted member

Yeah a pixie legendary you're right since they are hard to get that's probably why it is well that's fine. Anyway looking forward to whatever news comes out of E3.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Honestly.. no. Having one move around just for one Pokemon you may or may not see will probably be a bad idea since you're still restricted to 4 moves still and would only be using it for that Pokemon.. the most likely counter is probably going to be fighting type Pokemon.. I'm also expecting mold breaker to go through the ability..
Even if Mold Breaker can bypass Definite Sleep, Definite Sleep would later cure Nekkoala of any status problems that it receives, "unless" the status problem is sleep. Basically, it's the same dilemma as with abilities like Water Veil, Immunity, Own Tempo, Insomnia, and Limber.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Even if Mold Breaker can bypass Definite Sleep, Definite Sleep would later cure Nekkoala of any status problems that it receives, "unless" the status problem is sleep. Basically, it's the same dilemma as with abilities like Water Veil, Immunity, Own Tempo, Insomnia, and Limber.
So it wouldn't work.. that's actually interesting imo.. I'd honestly expect moves like WoW to just not work without mold breaker and the ability to not cure them since its already inflicted and the ability isn't passed onto them.. it would make more sense since mold breaker's whole idea is to negate the opponents ability..

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Is no body else having problems with this thread specifically? For the last 3 days this thread (and only this thread) have been looking all weird for me

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Is no body else having problems with this thread specifically? For the last 3 days this thread (and only this thread) have been looking all weird for me
Nope I use mobile most of the time but I've seen the expand+ -collapse before although again it was on mobile and my phone always has problems because the data gets throttled.. if anything Warchamp7 Warchamp7 could provide more insight on this..

So one of my friends heard a rumor that Zygarde's (10% form) ability might cause it to transform in battle.. I don't know how this would work since there's multiple forms but it's still going to be interesting how they pull together how Zygarde can transform in battle..

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Nope I use mobile most of the time but I've seen the expand+ -collapse before although again it was on mobile and my phone always has problems because the data gets throttled.. if anything Warchamp7 Warchamp7 could provide more insight on this..

So one of my friends heard a rumor that Zygarde's (10% form) ability might cause it to transform in battle.. I don't know how this would work since there's multiple forms but it's still going to be interesting how they pull together how Zygarde can transform in battle..
It isn't a rumor. There is gameplay of it on youtube. Check serebii and you'll find it.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
It isn't a rumor. There is gameplay of it on youtube. Check serebii and you'll find it.
Oh lol I must have skipped over that part lol :lol: I'm still curious as to how the 1% form works either way since we haven't heard much from it.. atleast the complete form won't be like mega Ray and break ubers lol

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I've been fine. I don't know what would cause this though. What browser are you on?

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
I've been fine. I don't know what would cause this though. What browser are you on?
I use chrome, but it's only this thread. All the other threads I visit are fine. Maybe the hype in this thread was just too much for my laptop

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
That looks like your browser is failing to load some CSS

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I use chrome, but it's only this thread. All the other threads I visit are fine. Maybe the hype in this thread was just too much for my laptop
That looks like your browser is failing to load some CSS
I was thinking it was a browser issues. Don't know why though. I'm using Chrome to, and it works fine.

atreyujames

NNID
Atreyujames
Your browser cached a broken page or something lol
Genius, you are. I just cleared my cached images and files and now the problem is solved. You have my gratitude, fellow countryman.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
So what is everyone's opinions on the new information and Pokemon?
Skill link on a bird Pokemon might mean we are getting a new flying type attack similar to Fury Attack and the others.. also Popplio now has a better chance of being Water/Fairy :b:

Skill link on a bird Pokemon might mean we are getting a new flying type attack similar to Fury Attack and the others.. also Popplio now has a better chance of being Water/Fairy :b:
Pokemon are pretty cool. They look like they're among the first wild Pokemon in the game.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, about that new pokemon Yungoose, do you fellows think it's possible that it's a pre-evolution of Zangoose? I mean, they both have Goose in their name and look ferret-like, can't help but feel like they're related, but at the same time, they look nothing alike.

So, about that new pokemon Yungoose, do you fellows think it's possible that it's a pre-evolution of Zangoose? I mean, they both have Goose in their name and look ferret-like, can't help but feel like they're related, but at the same time, they look nothing alike.
I doubt it's Zangoose's pre-evo. Probably just the Route 1 mammal of this gen.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Based on its abilities (Stakeout and Strong Jaw), Yungoos is NOT related to Zangoose.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably not, but this is an interesting real world parallel:

Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region.

So there seems to be a new snake pokemon with him as well?

Which is interesting since it correlates to Zangoose and Seviper.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Zungoose has the potential to really affect the competitive meta with its ability. Having a boost to its attacks when the opponent switches could be pretty awesome. A potential counter against the ever present Volt-turn teams and possibly one of the best revenge killers so far. I dislike Yungoose's design, and the fact that it is a route 1 normal type doesn't help, but I'd be crazy if I said it didn't have some serious potential as a mon.

The new regional bird has a nice design. If I don't pick Rowlett (Gamefreak would have to have given him horrible evos.) then I'll probably have one on my team along with the rock puppy. Skill link.....is an interesting choice. So many questions are raised....I don't know the base power on fury-attack but maybe it would be a good normal STAB for the birdie?

It is possible Ledyba gets an evolution in this game with it being in the new dex so early. Probably just my wishful thinking though.

The little bug guy...please have a cool looking evolution. Just.....please.

My theory on Poppolio becoming a fairy type is all but confirmed now. Him getting disarming voice by level up practically proves it to me but hey gamefreak has pulled crazier things before.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Sorry, I am a bit behind. Where did you get the impression that Popplio could have a better chance of being a Fairy-type? Because of Disarming Voice?
(I am only using spoilers because the person I am quoting used spoilers). :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zungoose has the potential to really affect the competitive meta with its ability. Having a boost to its attacks when the opponent switches could be pretty awesome. A potential counter against the ever present Volt-turn teams and possibly one of the best revenge killers so far. I dislike Yungoose's design, and the fact that it is a route 1 normal type doesn't help, but I'd be crazy if I said it didn't have some serious potential as a mon.

The new regional bird has a nice design. If I don't pick Rowlett (Gamefreak would have to have given him horrible evos.) then I'll probably have one on my team along with the rock puppy. Skill link.....is an interesting choice. So many questions are raised....I don't know the base power on fury-attack but maybe it would be a good normal STAB for the birdie?

It is possible Ledyba gets an evolution in this game with it being in the new dex so early. Probably just my wishful thinking though.

The little bug guy...please have a cool looking evolution. Just.....please.

My theory on Poppolio becoming a fairy type is all but confirmed now. Him getting disarming voice by level up practically proves it to me but hey gamefreak has pulled crazier things before.
Chespin gets a rock move at the same level that Popplio learned disarming voice. His next move after that is dark

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Sorry, I am a bit behind. Where did you get the impression that Popplio could have a better chance of being a Fairy-type? Because of Disarming Voice?
(I am only using spoilers because the person I am quoting used spoilers). :)
Eeyup lol granted there are nonfairy type Pokemon that get Disarming voice.. but the majority of them that can naturally get the move are Fairy type Pokemon..
Nnope.. when the Ledyba was caught there was only 1 spot shown in the pokedex which would be Ledian.. granted it could change but as of right now it's not likely.. as of now Fury Attack does 15

I wonder if Zungoose will also get Pursuit.. this combined with its ability would be very threatening as switching out or Volt switch or Uturn will create some mind games in the Meta..

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Eeyup lol granted there are nonfairy type Pokemon that get Disarming voice.. but the majority of them that can naturally get the move are Fairy type Pokemon..

Nnope.. when the Ledyba was caught there was only 1 spot shown in the pokedex which would be Ledian.. granted it could change but as of right now it's not likely.. as of now Fury Attack does 15

I wonder if Zungoose will also get Pursuit.. this combined with its ability would be very threatening as switching out or Volt switch or Uturn will create some mind games in the Meta..
Aw thats a bummer.

Chespin looks a rock move at the same level that Popplio learned disarming voice. His next move after that is dark
Assuming I read this right, fair enough.

I still think it'll be fairy.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aw thats a bummer.

Assuming I read this right, fair enough.

I still think it'll be fairy.
As do I.

Rollout was a hint towards chestnaught's bulky and round body ,while lick was a hint to greninja's tongue powers. While confusion related directly to the psychic type on fenniken, so it's possible that's the case here.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The description for Pikipek mentions that it can attack opponents by spitting out seeds. This could mean that it can learn Bullet Seed. There should also be a Flying-type attack that can take advantage of the Skill Link ability. Maybe for one thought...

Pecking Order
Type: Flying
Category: Physical
Power: 25
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 30
Description: The user pecks furiously at its opponent. It can attack two to five times in a row.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
The description for Pikipek mentions that it can attack opponents by spitting out seeds. This could mean that it can learn Bullet Seed. There should also be a Flying-type attack that can take advantage of the Skill Link ability. Maybe for one thought...

Pecking Order
Type: Flying
Category: Physical
Power: 25
Accuracy: 100%
PP: 30
Description: The user pecks furiously at its opponent. It can attack two to five times in a row.
Yeah I'm hoping they make a new flying type move that will allow Pikipek to take advantage of its flying stab and Skill Link. maybe even a better accuracy normal move then Fury attack or at least have the moves's accuracy raised to 90 similar to Rock Blast. Pikipek's final evolution is looking to be at least UU Depending on its stat distribution, and moveset (assuming it keeps Skill Link) but Cloyster still looks to outclass it because of Shell Smash and Icicle spear..

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
So what exactly do we know about the regional PokeDex so far?

:094:
It is a rotom. There is a new way to communicate with your pokemon using the dex according to the trailer but this new mechanic has not been explored yet so it could mean anything.

Pokemon from past generations are in (ledyba) so they aren't sticking solely with this region's mons like Unova had. There is no way to tell how many new mons will be added for this region as of yet.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Yeah I'm hoping they make a new flying type move that will allow Pikipek to take advantage of its flying stab and Skill Link. maybe even a better accuracy normal move then Fury attack or at least have the moves's accuracy raised to 90 similar to Rock Blast. Pikipek's final evolution is looking to be at least UU Depending on its stat distribution, and moveset (assuming it keeps Skill Link) but Cloyster still looks to outclass it because of Shell Smash and Icicle spear..
I guess it all comes down to if Pikipek's fully evolved form has a good attack and speed stat. If it does get Bullet Seed, then anything with a double weakness against Grass-type attacks will have to think twice about switching in.

As for Fury Attack, it's too weak to use over Return, and can miss.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess it all comes down to if Pikipek's fully evolved form has a good attack and speed stat. If it does get Bullet Seed, then anything with a double weakness against Grass-type attacks will have to think twice about switching in.

As for Fury Attack, it's too weak to use over Return, and can miss.
This is very true, I think the bird will be in UU. IT makes me think of skill link cincino sets. I do think we will get a new multi hit flying move though, and maybe one of it's second type if it gets one.

Top Bottom