• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
He clearly preordered it.

And the tier list (albeit not matching the title) is good. Lol.

-Terywj
yeah lol, I think what I really wanted to call it was "Every Gym Leader Up Through HeartGold and SoulSilver Because New Artwork Is A Big Deal" but that ain't the same.

I'm actually excited for hg/ss now though. I wasn't for a long time, but...man this pokemon game will be the first pokemon game I've played in over 10 years, and it looks really really good D:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I already know my team:

Quilava (getting friend to give me an everstone so I don't evolve it to Typhlosion)
Noctowl (the most ****** bird line)
Shiny Gyarados (hey when life gives you lemons you make lemonade)
Lugia (mascot of the game and my fave legendary next to entei and celebi)
Celebi (planning on getting it when the event comes out)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You're lucky to be able to figure it out. I'll likely only play through the game once, so deciding what my team will consist of is going to be ridiculously hard.

It'd probably be easier if it weren't for the PokeWalker, but alas, it exists. Having access to Kangaskhan, Wobbuffet, Nidoran(Male), Psyduck, Smoochum, Dratini, and Grimer rather early on (I walk a lot, so getting new courses and such on the PokeWalker will be easy) will really mess up my plans. For instance, Ariados/Victreebel is suddenly contested by Nidoking/Muk. Kangaskhan contests the eventual Miltank I'd get as well. Wobbuffet will likely make the cut no matter what though. Using him on an in-game team would be FUN.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Typhlosion - Fire-types <33
Crobat - Pokemon Crystal Nostalgia
Gyarados - Can't passup the shiny
Ampharos - More nostalgia
Ursaring - Via trade

And something else.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I forgot to put Teddiursa in there. Its just so **** cute. I don't know whether to evolve it to an Ursaring though...

If my friend trades me a better pokemon I will put it though

And while I wait for Celebi to join me, I will put up Espeon in Celebi's place. I remember my first encounter with it. I never get tired of saying this story XD. I was little when I got Silver. I was only aware of the three original eeveelutions at first, but after my eevee evolved into Espeon, I was like WHOA! What is this thing? I nearly turned off the game because I thought it was a glitch, but I decided against it XD

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I've heard from a pretty unreliable source that you can trade from DPP to HG/SS right away, can anyone confirm or deny this?

UberMario

Smash Master
When I get the game I'm going to choose Cyndaquil as my starter.
Ditto, I had a Typhlosion in my original gold copy that knew Toxic, Dig, Flamewheel, and Flamethrower. I went through the Elite 4 solely with him and Lugia and never used a single potion. :laugh: At least I think, it's been several years, he was at level 80-something. :dizzy:

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I heard you were able to get the gen 3 starters. Is that true or is it the gen 1 starters?

Man, just 1 day left in 2 hours. Can't wait. I've developed a strategy to make the time fly. Go to sleep really late and wake up in the middle of the evening tomorrow thus allowing me to just experience about 5 hours in a day, which is much less than the 15 hours or so I'd have to do if I went to sleep early. I even did my math :)

supermarth64

Smash Ace
So apparently HGSS was leaked onto the internet already...

I'm slow because I was studying for SATs and couldn't get online.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I doubt anyone is going with Chikorita and I'm surprised that I haven't heard about Totodile or Feraligatr yet...
A friend of mine is starting with Chikorita, and he debated for the longest time between choosing Chikorita and Totodile. Does that count?

Almost everything about this game is making me horribly indecisive.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How? Its pretty easy.

Plus most of my team is based off my gen 2 team, with the exception of replacing Togetic with Teddiursa and Machoke (stupid thing kept disobeying me :mad:) with Noctowl.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I can't decide between totodile or chikorita either :( I'm thinking chikorita though. And how do you get the other gen starters?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Let's just put it this way. I have a list of about 25 to 30 Pokemon that I've either always wanted to use on a team or just love using on a team, just because I love their design/ability/typing. About 15-20 of them are available just within the Johto Dex and I can get most of them early on. I'm only going through the game once, and I don't plan on buying the other. Thus, limiting myself to only 6 to use is extremely difficult.

If the PokeWalker didn't exist, this would be much easier. But alas, it exists. And I'll likely use it a lot.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I doubt anyone is going with Chikorita and I'm surprised that I haven't heard about Totodile or Feraligatr yet...
Chikorita is awesome, people just can't appreciate its awesomeness.

I'm still somewhat debating between Totodile and Chikorita...

Wait, I just (probably) decided.

SoulSilver (Main version): Totodile.

HeartGold (Secondary version): Soft reset for shiny Chikorita.

I remember reading on the Serebii forums that you can see the shininess of a starter on the starter selection screen, making it easier to restart for a shiny.

Guys, I just found out when the next event pokemon is coming out. Apparently the next one is Celebi... cool

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Front_page/Events

Comes out March 14th... meaning tomorrow. This is great news for me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Wait, that can't be right...Serebii hasn't said anything about it and they almost definitely would've mentioned something by now, they're usually pretty on top of event news.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
We're in the final stretch now! I'm excited but FFXIII just came out and that game is sooo long. I'm nowhere close to finishing it but it's super fun and addicting.

I'm considering ditching all my pokemon except my starter when I go over to Kanto ala Ash, could be fun.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I can't decide between totodile or chikorita either :( I'm thinking chikorita though. And how do you get the other gen starters?
You get a 1st gen starter when you get all 16 badges and beat Red, then talk to Professor Oak in Pallet Town, and then you get the 3rd gen starter when you have beaten Red and talked to Steven Stone in Silph Co. in Saffron City.

And I'm going with Chikorita this time, mostly because he and Bayleef are my favorite pokemon. But I HATE Meganium, and I don't honestly know why.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
For the second time I'm going to ditch my starter and use another pokemon. First time is right now in a replay of Emerald with Mightyena.
I also want a Sentret, they're so cool!
Waaay back in Silver I ditched Meganium for Wooper/Quagsire. Thats the only time I ever ditched a starter, though :p

Ming

Smash Rookie
I definitely am gonna pick totodile for my starter :D. Even thought cyndaquil would be best, you gotta give others a chance :)

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm ditching my starter and taking on the adventure with Hoothoot. :)
This oughtta be fun.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm ditching my starter if I ever get my event Celebi. I've only done it once though... it is for my solo run I'm currently doing... if I could ever beat the Elite Four that is....

Anyways, if I go over to Kanto, Ill most likely ditch Quilava for a Squirtle (that I'm not planning on evolving any time soon) and turn over a new leaf.

Since you get a 3rd gen starter after you defeat Red, it would be nice to see Hoenn in there so I can also ditch my current pokemon for the new region.

Btw, doesn't anybody wish there was a game with all the 4 regions? Maybe Gen 5 will bring that

Ming

Smash Rookie
I'm ditching my starter if I ever get my event Celebi. I've only done it once though... it is for my solo run I'm currently doing... if I could ever beat the Elite Four that is....

Anyways, if I go over to Kanto, Ill most likely ditch Quilava for a Squirtle (that I'm not planning on evolving any time soon) and turn over a new leaf.

Since you get a 3rd gen starter after you defeat Red, it would be nice to see Hoenn in there so I can also ditch my current pokemon for the new region.

Btw, doesn't anybody wish there was a game with all the 4 regions? Maybe Gen 5 will bring that
Agreed, they should make it so that you can get a hoenn starter in HG/SS and yes, I feel that they should have a game with all 4 regions. Would be epic :p

Top Bottom