• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver (It's here :3!!!!)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hype also makes you so anxious for a game that you drive yourself crazy waiting for it and end up spoiling things.
This.

I have not been able to have a good normal day since sunday last week. I haven't stopped thinking about pokemon!

It doesnt help that my friend brings platinum nearly everyday, even though he himself is as hyped as I am

Due to my excitement I have had to spoil quite a few things to myself... which has only made it worse :(

I need that pokewalker! It will give me the motivation to run miles in PE!

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Don't worry tery, if we ever meet I can loan you SS ;)

I think the only reason why my parents are letting me actually buy a DS and SS and pay for a field trip to orlando is because I haven't asked for anything in like.... forever.

Not since Christmas when I only asked for one thing... of course the guitar was pretty expensive, but there were other things on the list as well

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Hype is bad. Whether the game turns out to be good or bad, your final opinion on a game will tend to be worse if you've hyped it, because you're either expecting it to be really good and it's not, or it does end up being good but still can't live up to your expectations.

Hype also makes you so anxious for a game that you drive yourself crazy waiting for it and end up spoiling things.

Anyone who hyped Brawl should know this.

I say high-five to the Poké Center.
I can agree with everything you're saying but a little excitement for a game is never bad. I was just surprised that there weren't more people commenting on the games that's all.

Oh and another honorable mention is that the Pokemon series is one of the most consistent franchises I've ever played. Every single hand held Pokemon game has been a BLAST to play. My least favorite generation was probably the R/S/E one, but it was still amazingly fun and I have many great memories of it. I've never been disappointed with a Pokemon game.

ONE MORE THING (haha). Pokemon Silver was my favorite game of the series, and since SS is just a remake of that amazing game, I know for a fact that it will be my favorite Pokemon game from the series yet. Hype or no hype.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
ONE MORE THING (haha). Pokemon Silver was my favorite game of the series, and since SS is just a remake of that amazing game, I know for a fact that it will be my favorite Pokemon game from the series yet. Hype or no hype.
Can we be friends? :)

The ONE MORE THING thing you did there reminded me of that old guy from that jackie chan cartoon... I've only seen one episode but the old guy was saying that nonstop XD

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I know right?

Half of my excitement is coming from that thing...

I just REALLY need something that'll motivate me to run that extra mile in PE. It would make me want to run more as to get more watts.... I just hope people in PE are accepting of it.... although I already get called a ****** so it doesn't change much....

btw thats just mostly because I am a book nerd and video game nerd. Oh those silly peoples...

Moozle

Smash Champion
Ooh I forgot about the Pokéwalker. Can someone explain to me how it works? I never really understood (oh so long ago when i first heard about it).

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
5 extra bucks?

The game is $34.99, like all the other DS games. You don't have to pay more money for a Pokewalker.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Ooh I forgot about the Pokéwalker. Can someone explain to me how it works? I never really understood (oh so long ago when i first heard about it).
The pokewalker is basically a pedometer designed to get fat kids to do exercise.

The more steps you walk the more money, or Watts if you will, you get. They can be used to get new items or catch pokemon in teh wild. If you also have HG or SS you can trade pokemon from you pokewalker to your game. You can also trade pokemon across other pokewalkers I believe.

I NEED this I need motivation for PE dammit

CaptainOlimar123

Smash Journeyman
Its basically a little Pokeball that you can carry around in your pocket that holds one of the Pokemon you caught in Heartgold/SoulSilver (you can send any pokemon you caught to the pokewalker) and the more you walk the stronger your pokemon gets. And if you have a friend that has a pokewalker too then the pokemon thats inside your pokewalker and the pokemon thats in your friend's pokewalker will trade items with each other that will be useful in the game. I Hope this helps!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's like a Pokémon Pikachu but it allows you to train your Pokémon.
Fixed.

I still carry my Pokémon Pikachu 2 with me. =D

It's pretty awesome.

5 extra bucks?

The game is $34.99, like all the other DS games. You don't have to pay more money for a Pokewalker.
No...it's $39.99, Tery's right.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75774

That's not necessarily for the PokéWalker, as other DS games have been $40 at launch (Chrono Trigger, for one) but they certainly cost that much.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
other DS games have been $40 at launch (Chrono Trigger, for one).
Which is one of the main reasons the game didn't sell well. What a bummer people are missing out on a classic RPG. :ohwell:

I guess I'm the only one who isn't really interested in the Pokewalker. Haha I just recently asked one of my friends to prom and she said yes, but I bet she'd have second thoughts if she saw me wearing one all the time. :laugh:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Which is one of the main reasons the game didn't sell well. What a bummer people are missing out on a classic RPG. :ohwell:
Yeah.

I haven't bought it yet because I want to purchase the original for SNES, even though that's fairly expensive itself.

I guess I'm the only one who isn't really interested in the Pokewalker. Haha I just recently asked one of my friends to prom and she said yes, but I bet she'd have second thoughts if she saw me wearing one all the time. :laugh:
Yeah, I'm pretty interested in it.

I don't think I'll hang it on my belt, though, like everyone else is thinking of doing; less for the embarrassment factor (I honestly don't care at all about that, in fact) and more for the fact that it'd be less likely to get lost if it were snugly in my pocket.

Someone needs to edit the [barred] stuff in the title of the thread into [ONLY 3 MORE MUKKING DAYS]

Discuss

-Terywj
I concur.

Oh, Spire...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't think I'll hang it on my belt, though, like everyone else is thinking of doing; less for the embarrassment factor (I honestly don't care at all about that, in fact) and more for the fact that it'd be less likely to get lost if it were snugly in my pocket.
Ill just hang it when I'm in PE. Besides that, I will just walk with it in my pocket... it DOES get steps in your pocket right?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ill just hang it when I'm in PE. Besides that, I will just walk with it in my pocket... it DOES get steps in your pocket right?
Unless it's radically different from every other pedometer-type-thing ever, yes.

I've always kept my PP2 in my pocket.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Unless it's radically different from every other pedometer-type-thing ever, yes.

I've always kept my PP2 in my pocket.
And these things don't make noise right?

Because I really don't want this taken away in class because it made noise

M.K

Level 55
And these things don't make noise right?

Because I really don't want this taken away in class because it made noise
Sounds can be disabled completely on the Pokewalker.
Also, you don't "encounter" Pokemon randomly. You must first select the option from the Pokewalker, pick from one of four grass symbols, and then battle the Pokemon.

In other words, you won't just be walking down the hall at school and hear Jynx blaring at you from your pocket.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I know, its like the pokeradar.

But suppose the **** pokemon wants water or something (I have no idea how the whole taking care of your pokemon functions so bear with me. All I know is that its a pedometer, you get pogomonz, and you can trade and obain items...) isn't it suppose to make noise?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know, its like the pokeradar.

But suppose the **** pokemon wants water or something (I have no idea how the whole taking care of your pokemon functions so bear with me. All I know is that its a pedometer, you get pogomonz, and you can trade and obain items...) isn't it suppose to make noise?
It's not like legit Tamagotchi kind of virtual pet, it's basically Pokémon Light. You won't have to feed it or anything. You just have the option to collect things, buy things, etc.

So no random noises unless you manage to accidentally hit a button, and even then turning off the sound solves that.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's not like legit Tamagotchi kind of virtual pet, it's basically Pokémon Light. You won't have to feed it or anything. You just have the option to collect things, buy things, etc.

So no random noises unless you manage to accidentally hit a button, and even then turning off the sound solves that.
You made me feel so much better

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Unfortunately the earliest I can get the game is the 24th, I heard the Pikachu colored Pichu is only until the 25th.

That'll be cutting it rather close

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
One more simple question. Is there some sort of Battle Frontier after you beat the game like with Pokemon Platinum or no?

EDIT: Better question- What are some stand out things that you can do after you beat the game (both Kanto and Johto completed)?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
One more simple question. Is there some sort of Battle Frontier after you beat the game like with Pokemon Platinum or no?

EDIT: Better question- What are some stand out things that you can do after you beat the game (both Kanto and Johto completed)?
There's a Battle Frontier. http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/battlefrontier.shtml

I don't know of anything else exclusive to post-Kanto, though. You can check Serebii.

http://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
The Pichu event is till the 25th? **** I thought it was over on Saturday! Yay! That means I can still get it.

Man, now I don't have a HG trading buddy :mad: His ds fell out of his car which subsequently got run over :cry: Oh well atleast I have other friends who has HG.

After you beat the game, I know that there is a Battle Frontier... even though I have never really cared about it... ON TO BULBAPEDIA I GO!

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Man, now I don't have a HG trading buddy :mad: His ds fell out of his car which subsequently got run over :cry: Oh well atleast I have other friends who has HG.
Im sorry, but that made me laugh
anyone care about the pokeathlon
beats the pokemon contests by a mukking longshot!

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Agreed. Especially with the rematching gym-leaders thing. (I never got Platinum)

The title should be a countdown. So right there's only 3 days left.

-Terywj

Top Bottom