• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'm infinetly glad it's for the DS and NOT the DSi. DS Phat continues the awesomness!

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I know at least one person who will find this news 'gasm-worthy.

This is too good.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
OMG this is awesome. I wasn't able to play Gold and Silver due to that stupid battery. Can't wait for it to come out.

Epic.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I see what you did there.

I know Antho Doug and James will like this.

James especially.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Why dont they just make new ones instead releasing games we've already ****ing played. Sick of nintendo already and there "duh nobody bought our last console so we'll release everything again on wii uhuhuhu"

Afropony

Smash Lord
Good as!!!
I love this game, IMO the best out of all the pokemon versions, I can't play it anymore because my gold version and crystal version both ran out of memory:(

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Why dont they just make new ones instead releasing games we've already ****ing played. Sick of nintendo already and there "duh nobody bought our last console so we'll release everything again on wii uhuhuhu"
Normally I would agree with you, but it's clear that GSC was the best of the best, and it's something people have been wanting a remake of for ages.

I reeeally hope they bring back the complete days of the week + times for events to happen on.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
There hasn't been enough improvement in the series to make a viable remake. I'm about half way through platinum and I can't see much difference between it and the GBC/GBA games. Why don't they remake something worthwhile like Golden Sun or Breath of Fire, make them 3d like they did with Final Fantasy 3/4 etc.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
agree with syke.
btw yellow was the best.. most original =P
also hate it how they come out with 2 games exactly the same but a few different pokemon.
"why isn't a mudkip in this long grass?, this is SILVER"
pokemon remake money making scheme ~_~'

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Platinum can only be truly appreciated if you play it competitively I think.
Pearl/Sapphire/Platinum is the epitome of the pokemon games in terms of its competitive game design.

Other than the major overhaul of battle mechanics, it's true that the core, non-competitive gameplay is pretty unchanged.

Despite that, and my experiences with all of the pokemon generations, I have to say that the current generation is my favorite (but not by much). Wifi opens up so many possibilities it's rediculous.

I am very much looking forward to this release. Silver was my first love, so I shall be buying it again :)

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
I first saw this on Smogon yesterday.

I need to get Platinum, if only to give my Salamence Outrage.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
Competitive gameplay? You mean that place where all those Heatran/Scizor/Salamence/Swampert/Gyarados hang out and 450 or so of the total no. of pokemon don't see the light of day? >.>

Ghost42

Smash Apprentice
You mean the OU standard game?

Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause, Soul Dew Clause
Ghost42 sent out Sphere (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Porcelain sent out Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Porcelain switched in Magnezone (lvl 100 Magnezone).
Sphere used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Magnezone lost 100% of its health.
Porcelain's Magnezone fainted.
---
Porcelain: o.o
Porcelain: Fudge
Ghost42: Indeed.
Porcelain switched in Lucario (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Lucario used Close Combat.
Sphere lost 34% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Sphere used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 100% of its health.
Lucario hung on using its Focus Sash!
Sphere's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sphere restored 6% of its health.
---
Lucario used Close Combat.
Sphere lost 38% of its health.
Lucario's defence was lowered.
Lucario's special defence was lowered.
Sphere used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Lucario lost 0% of its health.
Porcelain's Lucario fainted.
Sphere's leftovers restored its health a little!
Sphere restored 6% of its health.
---
Porcelain switched in Latias (lvl 100 Latias ?).
Ghost42 switched in Oracle (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Latias used Surf.
Oracle lost 19% of its health.
Oracle's leftovers restored its health a little!
Oracle restored 6% of its health.
---
Porcelain switched in Scizor (lvl 100 Scizor ?).
Oracle used Toxic.
Oracle's attack missed!
---
Oracle used Flamethrower.
It's super effective!
Scizor lost 100% of its health.
Porcelain's Scizor fainted.
---
Porcelain has rage quitted.
Ghost42 wins!

Smashboards spoiler tags don't make big posts small ;_;

unreon

Smash Ace
I'm loving this just for the nostalgia romp.

But honestly, we don't need anymore Pokemon games. I sometimes wish Nintendo will just go bankrupt and be forced to sell off that thing to Blizzard and let them make World of Pokemon.

There is no greater glee than that.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well if it wasn't pay to play then yeah =D
can only dream i guess

yellow had better graphics. >.> and actual team rocket was in it. and rival picked eevee.. which is awesome cause hes not being a ****tard.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
You could get all of the pokemon without having to trade from another version and Pikachu follows you around. That's it.
Huh? I thought you couldn't get Ekans or Koffing in Yellow.

The Pikachu is pretty cool, even though it's useless in battle. And the fact that you can get Squirtle, Bulbasaur and Charmander without trading was awesome.

I wonder if they'll implement the new physical/special system in this game.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Competitive gameplay? You mean that place where all those Heatran/Scizor/Salamence/Swampert/Gyarados hang out and 450 or so of the total no. of pokemon don't see the light of day? >.>
Kinda like that other Nintendo game where Metaknight is the only good character.

One of Smogon's OU champions is actually a smasher here in Aus (well, he won one of their last World Wifi OU championship) and won it with non-OU pokemon like Typhlosion.

So yeah :p

Saying that the top of the metagame is dominated by Scizor/Heatran/Salamence/Azelf/Rotom/FillerPokemon is about as true as saying that the top of the Brawl metagame is only MK. Or 3rd Strike is only Yun/Chun. etc.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I wonder if they'll implement the new physical/special system in this game.
I would say they would, otherwise it can't battle with DPP.

And in the words of Cao, SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8Mm75hxX7Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8Mm75hxX7Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Bjay

Smash Lord
I would say they would, otherwise it can't battle with DPP.

And in the words of Cao, SQUEEEEE!!!!!!!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8Mm75hxX7Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J8Mm75hxX7Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
Ugh, I might have to reconsider my starter Pokemon now.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Red version was the ****, although I never really played any after that except yellow and then pearl but I didnt get into pearl as much, I think though that pretty much nobody can come out with games that dont suck anymore so they have to remake good games to get more money because everyone HAS to buy the remake just to see if its better which it never is.

Bjay

Smash Lord
some Pokemon screens

off topic: spoiler tags don't seem to be spoiler tags.

Dedu

Smash Lord
lol with each version of pokemon, they (the dev crew) seem to make the female trainer even worse...
Don't they know what looks good on a girl?

I'll give you an example [No its not a virus!]
CLICK HERE

Top Bottom