• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Marble and Bronze: The Generation IX Creation Thread

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
IDK if this one will count but I feel like it's not too farfetched(shut up) to find it on an early route.

Job 4

Iroan Rufflet

Type - Dark Flying

Harpies are common characters through Greek Mythology. In this redesign of Rufflet, it's colors are turned black and white to resemble the Harpy Eagle. It also kinda plays off the idea that it and the Vullaby line are counterparts, and here the Rufflet line would steal it's typing.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
1. Laurel
2. Sharklord's Olive
3. Douglass

For the early game pokemon, how early are we talking here? Do you mean route 1 early or just before the first gym early?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
  1. Olive
  2. Oregano
  3. Douglass
Job 4: Dark Type Pokemon
Iroan Rattata

Type: Dark/Steel
Spiny Mouse.jpg

This regional Rattata would be based on the Crete spiny mouse seen here (Acomys minous) which is a species of mouse endemic to Crete. It is characterized by the coarse, stiff hairs on its back and tail and a notably grayer coloration and more pointed face than other species of spiny mice. Rattata could be a pale dark colour with spikes on their back looking like sharp metal.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ironian Bunnelby
Type: Dark/Ground
Ability: Dark Earth
(All ground-type attacks are capable of lowering opponent’s Accuracy)

was able to quickly doodle this up before morning

Ironian Bunnelby’s ears are specifically designed to maximize its grasping potential. It’s ears are designed to grasp things on the surface and then pull them underground. It typically does this to steal things from the surface quickly and to store it in its den. While its content with just stealing random things and a sandwhich from a lunchbox, it may take a more sinister turn when grown up and take an unsuspecting victim to its earthy burrow.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 4:
Iroan Hoothoot

Based on the servant of Hades, Askalaphus. One of the few Owls in greek mythology not associated with Athena.

The myth:
Askalaphus was a servant of Hades who testified that Persephone had eaten some of the food of the dead.
As such Persephone was forced to spend time in the Underworld. As punishment, the goddess Demeter let loose her wrath upon him for testifying by burying Asklaphus under a boulder.

Centuries after being trapped under the boulder, Herakles performing his twelfth labor went to the underworld and came across Askalaphus buried under the stone. As Herakles had great strength he was able to remove the stone freeing Askalaphus.

Demeter learned that Askalaphus had been freed and while she did not begrudge Herakles for liberating Askalaphus she had not and would never forgive. As such Demeter transformed Askalaphus into a Screech Owl.

Whilst Hades didn't have the power to turn his loyal servant back from an owl, he instead made the Screech Owl a sacred animal in his name.

Pokedex Mockup:

Including the Shiny and presuming this game has two versions(Sword/Shield, Black/White, etc) we have two entries:
Hoothoot.png

The cross like crests combined with the eyes here are the symbol of Hades, flipped upside down and slightly tilted.
Blue hell flame eyes are piercing and contrast well with regular Hoothoot and the skeletal feet are a more on the nose association with Hades as the god of the underworld.

Probably evolves into a Noctowl, but I've not made a mock up for that so feel free to use your imaginations.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Introducing my Regional Variant! Iroan Ralts!
1618762706217.png

Yea I know it's sideways and not the best visual representation but I'm not a good drawer and my phone took this photo weirdly so moving on
Pokedex Entry: Ralts of the Iroa region are quite playful and friendly, almost always trying to play and befriend others. However, this is simply to build up trust in order for Ralts to use the person it's befriended for it's own means. When together, Iroan Ralts summon spears of dark energy to play sword fight with one another.
Type: Dark/Psychic
Ability: Contrary
Origin: I based the design of this new Ralts off of Ancient Roman and Greek Soldiers, sorta blending the two designs together with Ralts. Where does the Dark aspect come into play?
1618763085174.png

Here. The dark part comes from how dark colored illustrations of these soldiers were on ancient drawings and pottery.

1Confusion
1Growl
5Beat Up
7Taunt
9Shadow Sneak
12Dark Slash*
15Disable
17Hypnosis
24Night Slash
26Leer
28Psycho Cut
33Zen Headbutt
35Metal Claw
36Foul Play
42Swagger
50Psycho Shift
Dark Slash:
Base Power: 40
Accuracy: 95
Has a High Chance to Land a Critical Hit
And that's my submission. If you need the evolutions (Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade) I have the designs at the ready, essentially.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
(Laurel Log No. 01)

"Ok, as a professor I should probably start researching the Pokemon of the Iroa region. My first research subject shall be the Buneary of our region
1618770861410.png
(quick sketch of an Iroan Buneary in the wild.
According to History of Iroa, written by my late Grandfather, these Pokemon came to the region when we set up the Sinnohan Embassy about 150 years ago. Of all things, they took to the sea, with their ears adapting into flippers capable of swimming swiftly. Other notable differences from the Sinnohan variety of this Pokemon are the fur turning a purplish color with odd yellow splotches, and the shrinking of the fluffy area on it's body and ears, which also appear to be permanetly moist. This is a mere theory, but I suspect in another 1-2 hundred years, the furry areas will be gone in their entirety.

I caught my Buneary 2 weeks ago on the coast near Route 3, not too far away from my hometown (and where my first trainers will start their adventure). It's well known that these Pokemon act cute to take advantage of tourists and children, which the specimen I found at first attempted. Once I demonstrated I am not a fool, it showed it's true colors, attempting to bite me and my Pokemon. I subdued and captured it quite quickly. Once captured, I did some quick studies. Iroan Buneary are Water/Dark types, and mine has the Cute Charm ability. More studies with it are required, especially in to how to evolve one into a Lopunny, which have been rarely spotted in the wild but never before evolved from a Iroan Buneary.

Professor Laurel, signing off!"

Iroan Buneary are based on a few things. The first is a species of Sea Hare, Aplysia dactylomela, which has recently invaded Greece. The second is the Greek Siren, which will be expanded on with it's evolution.

also, do people like the way I delivered the information? The idea of the professor doing research is a fun one to me, but it requires a bit of suspension of disbelief to imagine that it's unknown what type the Buneary is.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Voting time! Ranked Voting, Top 3, voting for your own is OK.

Iroan Bidoof
Iroan Rufflet
Iroan Rattata
Iroan Bunnelby
Iroan Hoothoot
Iroan Ralts

Iroan Buneary
Job 4
Iroan Bidoof

This would be your Standard Bidoof but obviously it would start Dark Type, it has a black colored coat and angry Eyes, and also it has a small pair of Horns. This would be modeled after a Bull, Bulls appear in a lot of Greek Mythology and famously the Minotaur was a bull. Why Bidoof? It's a popular pokemon and also the fun play on words "Bulldoof"

Here is a Terrible Photoshop!

View attachment 311671
IDK if this one will count but I feel like it's not too farfetched(shut up) to find it on an early route.

Job 4

Iroan Rufflet

Type - Dark Flying

Harpies are common characters through Greek Mythology. In this redesign of Rufflet, it's colors are turned black and white to resemble the Harpy Eagle. It also kinda plays off the idea that it and the Vullaby line are counterparts, and here the Rufflet line would steal it's typing.
  1. Olive
  2. Oregano
  3. Douglass
Job 4: Dark Type Pokemon
Iroan Rattata

Type: Dark/Steel
View attachment 311693
This regional Rattata would be based on the Crete spiny mouse seen here (Acomys minous) which is a species of mouse endemic to Crete. It is characterized by the coarse, stiff hairs on its back and tail and a notably grayer coloration and more pointed face than other species of spiny mice. Rattata could be a pale dark colour with spikes on their back looking like sharp metal.
Ironian Bunnelby
Type: Dark/Ground
Ability: Dark Earth
(All ground-type attacks are capable of lowering opponent’s Accuracy)

was able to quickly doodle this up before morning

Ironian Bunnelby’s ears are specifically designed to maximize its grasping potential. It’s ears are designed to grasp things on the surface and then pull them underground. It typically does this to steal things from the surface quickly and to store it in its den. While its content with just stealing random things and a sandwhich from a lunchbox, it may take a more sinister turn when grown up and take an unsuspecting victim to its earthy burrow.
Job 4:
Iroan Hoothoot

Based on the servant of Hades, Askalaphus. One of the few Owls in greek mythology not associated with Athena.

The myth:
Askalaphus was a servant of Hades who testified that Persephone had eaten some of the food of the dead.
As such Persephone was forced to spend time in the Underworld. As punishment, the goddess Demeter let loose her wrath upon him for testifying by burying Asklaphus under a boulder.

Centuries after being trapped under the boulder, Herakles performing his twelfth labor went to the underworld and came across Askalaphus buried under the stone. As Herakles had great strength he was able to remove the stone freeing Askalaphus.

Demeter learned that Askalaphus had been freed and while she did not begrudge Herakles for liberating Askalaphus she had not and would never forgive. As such Demeter transformed Askalaphus into a Screech Owl.

Whilst Hades didn't have the power to turn his loyal servant back from an owl, he instead made the Screech Owl a sacred animal in his name.

Pokedex Mockup:
Including the Shiny and presuming this game has two versions(Sword/Shield, Black/White, etc) we have two entries:
View attachment 311706

The cross like crests combined with the eyes here are the symbol of Hades, flipped upside down and slightly tilted.
Blue hell flame eyes are piercing and contrast well with regular Hoothoot and the skeletal feet are a more on the nose association with Hades as the god of the underworld.

Probably evolves into a Noctowl, but I've not made a mock up for that so feel free to use your imaginations.
Introducing my Regional Variant! Iroan Ralts!
View attachment 311861
Yea I know it's sideways and not the best visual representation but I'm not a good drawer and my phone took this photo weirdly so moving on
Pokedex Entry: Ralts of the Iroa region are quite playful and friendly, almost always trying to play and befriend others. However, this is simply to build up trust in order for Ralts to use the person it's befriended for it's own means. When together, Iroan Ralts summon spears of dark energy to play sword fight with one another.
Type: Dark/Psychic
Ability: Contrary
Origin: I based the design of this new Ralts off of Ancient Roman and Greek Soldiers, sorta blending the two designs together with Ralts. Where does the Dark aspect come into play?
View attachment 311863
Here. The dark part comes from how dark colored illustrations of these soldiers were on ancient drawings and pottery.

1Confusion
1Growl
5Beat Up
7Taunt
9Shadow Sneak
12Dark Slash*
15Disable
17Hypnosis
24Night Slash
26Leer
28Psycho Cut
33Zen Headbutt
35Metal Claw
36Foul Play
42Swagger
50Psycho Shift
Dark Slash:
Base Power: 40
Accuracy: 95
Has a High Chance to Land a Critical Hit
And that's my submission. If you need the evolutions (Kirlia, Gardevoir, Gallade) I have the designs at the ready, essentially.
(Laurel Log No. 01)

"Ok, as a professor I should probably start researching the Pokemon of the Iroa region. My first research subject shall be the Buneary of our region
View attachment 311874 (quick sketch of an Iroan Buneary in the wild.
According to History of Iroa, written by my late Grandfather, these Pokemon came to the region when we set up the Sinnohan Embassy about 150 years ago. Of all things, they took to the sea, with their ears adapting into flippers capable of swimming swiftly. Other notable differences from the Sinnohan variety of this Pokemon are the fur turning a purplish color with odd yellow splotches, and the shrinking of the fluffy area on it's body and ears, which also appear to be permanetly moist. This is a mere theory, but I suspect in another 1-2 hundred years, the furry areas will be gone in their entirety.

I caught my Buneary 2 weeks ago on the coast near Route 3, not too far away from my hometown (and where my first trainers will start their adventure). It's well known that these Pokemon act cute to take advantage of tourists and children, which the specimen I found at first attempted. Once I demonstrated I am not a fool, it showed it's true colors, attempting to bite me and my Pokemon. I subdued and captured it quite quickly. Once captured, I did some quick studies. Iroan Buneary are Water/Dark types, and mine has the Cute Charm ability. More studies with it are required, especially in to how to evolve one into a Lopunny, which have been rarely spotted in the wild but never before evolved from a Iroan Buneary.

Professor Laurel, signing off!"

Iroan Buneary are based on a few things. The first is a species of Sea Hare, Aplysia dactylomela, which has recently invaded Greece. The second is the Greek Siren, which will be expanded on with it's evolution.

also, do people like the way I delivered the information? The idea of the professor doing research is a fun one to me, but it requires a bit of suspension of disbelief to imagine that it's unknown what type the Buneary is.
JOB 05: Design the Regional Bug

Caterpie, Wurmple, Blipbug, you know the drill. Draw the first form of the three-stage bug in this region.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Iroan Ralts
2. Iroan Rufflet
3. Iroan Buneary

Job #5
Haven't got time to draw this right now but:

Centorpede
Bug/grass

This particular insect has a long body. It has seven sets of legs, each with a hoof at the end, apart from the front pair, which are more humanoid in nature.
Part insect, part horse.

They carry sticks around with them and a tiny wooden bow that they use to shoot down biggest predators (the regional bird). Due to their many legs though they are very clumsy and often trip over their hooves whilst chasing their quarry.

Evolves into Centipyrois, a bug/fire type, named after one of the Sun God Helios' four immortal horses.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I feel like we don't have enough votes for me to end it. I'll extend it for another day. The bug prompt will also go for another two days, because we only have one submission.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #5 Antyke

Type: Bug
Ability: Hivemind
(It gains a Special Attack boost if another Antyke or it’s evolutionary line is on the same team)

Antyke is the Larva Pokemon. It lives most of its life underground where it feeds on food provided by more evolved forms of its family line. Males dream of becoming a soldier while females dream of becoming the queen of the colony. It’s not particularly strong as it’s rather small and soft but it can cause someone with a weak constitution to creepy bugs to squirm away.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Can't draw but I'll give it a go here anyhow

Job 5

Lawncher - The Grasshopper Pokemon

Grasshoppers are apparently pretty common in Greece, so a grasshopper pokemon would make sense. It would look like well... a cartoony grasshopper. To my knowlage there are no Grasshopper pokemon yet so it would be a unqiue addition to the pokemon world

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 5

Aeris

Named after the Greek God of Beekeeping (Aristaeus) and the word Aero This Pokémon would take the form of a Greek Bee Larvae, and more specifically based on a bee seen on several coin designs from the ancient world. This Pokémon would have very small wings but they have mouth pincers and a large layered stinger.
Ability: Beehive: All Battles have a 50% chance of giving you a Honey at the end.

(I'm so sorry for this drawing)

Aeris.png

CommanderZaktan

Smash Ace
So before we get to starters, all 3 have their own pattern.
A grass stater is based on an extinct species.
A fire starter is based on the animals of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. (There are 4 remaining to be based; An Ox, Horse, Sheep, and Snake)
And A water starter is based on a creature that swims.

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So before we get to starters, all 3 have their own pattern.
A grass stater is based on an extinct species.
A fire starter is based on the animals of the animals of the Chinese Zodiac. (There are 4 remaining to be based; An Ox, Horse, Sheep, and Snake)
And A water starter is based on a reptile.
They also mentioned in an interview that each starter always has their own personality. “We always divide the roles for the three starter Pokémon, by which I mean we assign each of them a distinct personality. For example, we make a cool one, a serious one, and a funny one."

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The votes are in!

Iroan Bidoof 2
Iroan Rufflet +3 + 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 3 - 13
Iroan Rattata - 0
Iroan Bunnelby +3 +2 + 3 + 1 + 1 - 10
Iroan Hoothoot +3 + 2 + 3 + 3 + 3 - 14
Iroan Ralts +1 + 2 + 1 + 3 + 2 + 2 - 11
Iroan Buneary
+1 +2 + 1 + 1 - 5

Iroan Hoothoot wins! Bug submissions close tommorow.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
The votes are in!

Iroan Bidoof 2
Iroan Rattata - 0
Iroan Buneary
+1 +2 + 1 + 1 - 5

Damn, 1 point off from the trifecta

In all seriousness though, I'm happy to see Hoothoot get the W. Fun idea there that's 100% worth pursuing

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
The votes are in!

Iroan Bidoof 2
Iroan Rattata - 0
Iroan Buneary
+1 +2 + 1 + 1 - 5

Interesting. I thought for sure Rufflet would win.

By the way, forgive me if I missed something, but why is this being added up seemingly randomly from 1 2 and 3?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Interesting. I thought for sure Rufflet would win.

By the way, forgive me if I missed something, but why is this being added up seemingly randomly from 1 2 and 3?
It's entirely for me. When counting, I put the +X next to the submission, and add everything up at the end. For example, the first person to put down a vote for Buneary put one, the second two, the third one, etc. I leave it in in case anyone notices a mistake, I'm bad at math.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok, first up on the regional bug and it's chain I made, Antenas!
1619030578058.png

Type: Bug/Fire
Evolves at Level 14
Potential Abilities: Flame Body, Swarm, Serene Grace (Hidden)
Gender Ratio: 87% Male, 13% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite*
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders*
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Overheat
45Psychic
Flare Bite:
Base Power: 45
Accuracy: 85
Has a 75% chance to burn the foe.

Cinders:
Base Power: None
Accuracy: 100
Sets up a Stealth Rock entry hazard that will burn a foe upon entering. Fire Types immediately clear Cinders upon entry, and Water types are completely immune.
Pokedex Entry: Antenas often join together in colonies, forming together in large groups to fight off foes. They are not typically from Iroa, but were brought in after they sneaked in on shipping imports.

Base Stats:

HPAtkDefSp. AtkSp. DefSpe

Next up is it's evolution, Antdyo!
1619031574729.png

I dunno why these images keep flipping
Type: Fire/Bug
Evolves at level 25
Gender Ratio: 87% Male, 13% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
EvoFlame Wheel
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
To further defend it's colony, Antdyo has evolved and grown wings. Despite being slow in the air, they can hit opponents from far away and leave dangerous burns to whoever is unlucky enough to get hit by one.
Base Stats:

And finally is it's final evolved form, Antria!
1619031893721.png

Type: Bug/Fire
Fully Evolved
Gender Ratio: 50% Male, 50% Female
Moveset:
1Ember
1Harden
1String Shot
1Magma Storm
1Leaf Storm
5Bite
7Smokescreen
9Struggle Bug
13Flare Bite
16Air Slash
18Flame Burst
20Tail Slap
24Bug Bite
EvoAttack Order
EvoDefend Order
EvoHeal Order
26Sunny Day
26Solar Beam
29Flamethrower
33Cinders
34Toxic Thread
37Fire Blast
39Secret Power
42Bug Buzz
45Knock Off
47Amnesia
50Heat Wave
53Hurricane
Pokedex Entry:
Evolution has given them transparent skin, allowing all to view the fire constantly burning inside of it. This fire is estimated to be roughly 150 degrees Celsius. Only one is contained within a single colony at any given time, with an Antdyo evolving to take up the role when the current Antria can no longer rule.
Base Stats:

1619032205276.png

Antenas, Antdyo, and Antria are based on the fire ants, most notably their invasive counterparts, the red imported fire ant. Of course, in this case I took Fire Ant slightly too literally.
The first stage is based off the worker, the second based off the male, and the final being based off the queen. Of course, this is only in terms of design and some minor details, as a Male Antria can still rule and a female Antdyo can still be within the hive.
The names of the three are a combination of Ant and the greek words for one, two, and three, one being Enas, two being Dyo, and three being Tria. Of course, they're much fancier spelt then that. Their names are meant to symbolize the order of evolution.

And that wraps up my entry.

Last edited:
Top Bottom