• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Dude, Stop Thinking as a Mewtwo fan that Wants him in Smash Bros. And Think that Right Now, Mewtwo is competing with an Original and Staple Character and some Pokemon that fit the Role to represent the New Pokemon Game, that probably will be lunched soon after or before the Wii U version of Smash. While Mewtwo Role right Now is to represent Mewgaevolutions or the New Generation, both thinks already have representatives in the game.

Among Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and a 3rd gen pokemon. Who you think have less chances?

Mewtwo Have less chances than Jiglypuff (as he always had), and Right Now, Less chances than Sceptile, Blaziken or something like that. PERIOD.
Firstly, I am not attempting to think as Mewtwo fan of some sorts and secondly I'm just trying to be realistic.

As for your question, I think all three characters listed are still possibile candidates for SSB Wii U and 3DS, so I can't rule all of them out just yet.

EDIT: Also, I do not jump to conclusions on any claims and I'd rather just wait for further events to see who makes it in the roster.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, I am not attempting to think as Mewtwo fan of some sorts and secondly I'm just trying to be realistic.

As for your question, I think all three characters listed are still possibile candidates for SSB Wii U and 3DS, so I can't rule all of them out just yet.
And i'm Just Saying that JIgglypuff and Sceptile or something have higer chances than mewtwo, and that is obvious.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Anyways, even though the remakes were unveiled, whether a 3rd gen Pokemon rep will make it in still remains a question and I guess it is usually best to wait and see what future events and the 3DS release will tell us.

I personally do not mind having a 3rd gen rep in SSB Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is obviously Deconfirming speculated Characters. Sooner or Later, they will Show Mewtwo poping out from a pokeball or something xD

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo is obviously Deconfirming speculated Characters. Sooner or Later, they will Show Mewtwo poping out from a pokeball or something xD
I could see Mewtwo as DLC at this point honestly

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
One problem with the theory did sakurai even know about omega sapphire and alpha ruby before he decided the roster

Sure this helps sceptile but did sakurai know about this when he finished the roster

Sebz

Luchador Extraordinaire
One problem with the theory did sakurai even know about omega sapphire and alpha ruby before he decided the roster

Sure this helps sceptile but did sakurai know about this when he finished the roster
If GameFreak was planning to make the remakes when Sakurai started making the roster then sure. Which is very probable seeing as how NPCs in X and Y allude to a Hoenn remake.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Next problem in pokemon remakes they add stuff from the orginal games

So how do we know mewtwo won't be in omega sapphire and alpha ruby

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Holy cow I just Realized the main colors of SSB4 is Red and Blue..... Hoenn Remakes....

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Since when did OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire make them more likely than Mewtwo's inclusion?
Why are u so stubborn?
Rly? You REALLY Think that a Gen 3 remake dosent bump gen 3 pokemon chances? Will you REALLY close your eyes to this just because you want mewtwo that much? lol
You CAN NOT DENY! This Remake bumps gen 3 pokemon chances.
Right Now, the chances are, in that order:

JIgglypuff>Gen3Pokemon>Mewtwo

And EVERYBODY Knows that, but someone just don't want to adimit.

To be sincere, I don't think a gen 3 pokemon will show up, because I believe in the slot rule. But if they are planning to add sixth pokemon, gen 3 pokemon have riger chances over Mewtwo.

You, Mewtwoboys, start to pray for a seventh slot, although the sixth is such a Dream Right now, lol.

Morbi

Scavenger
Why are u so stubborn?
Rly? You REALLY Think that a Gen 3 remake dosent bump gen 3 pokemon chances? Will you REALLY close your eyes to this just because you want mewtwo that much? lol

To be sincere, I don't think a gen 3 pokemon will show up, because I believe in the slot rule. But if they are planning to add sixth pokemon, gen 3 pokemon have riger chances over Mewtwo.

You, Mewtwoboys, start to pray for a seventh slot, although the sixth is such a Dream Right now, lol.
I wrote this in another thread; but it seems applicable.

Evidence for Mewtwo:
1. Mewtwo is one of the most prominent Pokemon; he is obviously the most prevalent legendary to appear in the franchise lore as well. Fun fact, he is the first Pokemon to appear in the Pokemon opening.
2. This is an aspect of notion one, but Mewtwo has made the most major appearances in Pokemon movies, he has appeared as a main character in 3. The most recent being: Genesect the Legend Awakened which was released right around when many believe the roster to be finalized.
3. Mewtwo's Mega Evolution was the first to be revealed, this alludes to his marketing importance, Gamefreak clearly understands that he is a fan-favorite.
4. Mewtwo is the most requested character for Smash in general; requests don't yield much on their own, but they are a good indicator of popularity.
5. Sakurai has actually addressed Mewtwo, he was one of the only characters Sakurai has ever gone out of his way to mention. We might discern this as interest in the character.
6. Speaking of interest in the character, Mewtwo was planned for every iteration of Smash, obviously outside circumstances prevented two of those appearances, nevertheless, his demand is ever so present.
7. Mewtwo was almost finished in Brawl according to the code, as such, we should objectively treat him as though he was a Melee veteran. He is just as safe as any other Melee veteran. Mewtwo was to be included from Melee to Brawl, there was LITERALLY nothing going for him, but he was still planned. As of current, from Brawl to Smash 4, he is the overt marketing Pokemon.
8. Pokemon Origins; it was evidence for solo Charizard, which happened, it was something I advocated day in and day out. Mewtwo was a big part of this promotional special.
9. He returns as a primary legendary in Pokemon X and Y; people used to argue that Lucario's Mega Evolution didn't matter, but it obviously did. Mewtwo is in his traditional pose in a cave. Something iconic to his character in regards to the game. This promotes the best selling 3DS title.
10. No other Pokemon is as important or unique, there are no more ideal choices. He is the only missing piece, a piece that was never intended to be missing. The priority list is not stagnant. Believe it or not, things change in 6 years. Clearly, for Mewtwo, things have changed for the better. His staggering importance is just as observable as it was when he was in his prime.

He also follows Sakurai's arbitrary criteria. He is unique, he will probably sell copies, etc. It is also important to mention that he has had more time to accrue requests. Sceptile and Blaziken are just now being requested in light of recent news. People have been requesting Mewtwo the moment Brawl launched. Sorry, the order is more like...
Jigglypuff and Mewtwo > Whatever Pokemon Newcomer You Want

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I
Jigglypuff and Mewtwo > Whatever Pokemon Newcomer You Want
Lol dude. I dont want Sceptile, Blaziken or any ****. I Want Jigglypuff and he have more chances than Mewtwo.

All Mewtwo roles was already taken by another pokemon, so yes, a 3rd gen pokemon have more Chances.

Whatever, the chances of any sixth pokemon are minimals anyways, as the chances of Mewtwo or something replacing jigglypuff.

They are deconfirming characters in the official site to rip off future complains about character X ou Y out of the roster. So wait for mewtwo as a stage hazard/trophy/pokeball in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Lol dude. I dont want Sceptile, Blaziken or any ****. I Want Jigglypuff and he have more chances than Mewtwo.

All Mewtwo roles was already taken by another pokemon, so yes, a 3rd gen pokemon have more Chances.

Whatever, the chances of any sixth pokemon are minimals anyways, as the chances of Mewtwo or something replacing jigglypuff.

They aredeconfirming characters in the official site to rip off futuro complains about character X ou Y out of the roster. So wait for mewtwo as a stage hazard/trophy/pokeball in the coming weeks.
Good; I can respect that. I can see why one would feel as though Jigglypuff was more likely. But a 3rd generation representative over Mewtwo? Nope. It isn't going to happen.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hey @ Ryuuma Ryuuma , guess what?
Pokemon had six characters in Brawl! Don't believe me?
Sakurai referred to Brawl as a 39 character roster, even though only 34 characters appeared on the selection screen.
If SAKURAI considered Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle as separate characters, then they were.
This means that anything less than 6 characters is a downgrade from Brawl, in reality.
And considering the fact that Mewtwo was planned to be included, we would have gotten 7 characters.
A number you claim to be impossible.

I don't know if I can get this through your thick head, but Pokemon has already had 6 characters.
You just didn't notice.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Sakurai referred to Brawl as a 39 character roster, even though only 34 characters appeared on the selection screen.
If SAKURAI considered Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle as separate characters, then they were.
This means that anything less than 6 characters is a downgrade from Brawl, in reality.
And considering the fact that Mewtwo was planned to be included, we would have gotten 7 characters.

I don't know if I can get this through your thick head, but Pokemon has already had 6 characters.
You just didn't notice.
Just to add to the bolded, here is the proof of this:

"However, Sakurai said he wouldn't just create another game to use up these characters. "There are 39 characters in the game this time around and just adding a few more wouldn't be enough to justify a new game in my opinion."

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/4964/sakurai-cut-characters-from-smash-bros/

EDIT: One question, is Jigglypuff in the entire Smash Bros series a male or female?

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice

You just didn't notice.
I always talk about Slots. But now, Character=Slots, and in brawl, that was different things, and because of that we have more Pokemon and Zelda Characters than mario ones, but the same number of Slots. You dont have to believe in this slot stuff, I respect you guys can't see it. Ok =]

Also, Mario have a Dowgrade from Melee to Brawl, so Why this cant happen with pokemon?
Also, Why 7 characters? You are just assuming that mewtwo was cut off and not replaced by Lucario or pokemon trainer during the development, and you have no proof to support it.

You guys can't see it? Mewtwo don't have a Role to accomplish in smash bros anymore. For you guys this dosen't matter? The roster is not just pokemon, Nintendo have plenty of Franchises and a great amount of characters that they could include in the game. They WONT stuff the roster with a bunch of pokemon guys.
You guys need to stop to think about how Awesome and Badass mewtwo is. Stop think solely about pokemon and start to think in SMASH BROS. Is about smash bros we are talking about.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
@ Ryuuma Ryuuma
Ugh, your posts are hard to read.
That's the thing: we ARE thinking about Smash Bros.

Why would Brawl be "different" than Smash 4? If anything, it's the same concept: only this time transformations aren't limited to the same slot as their transformer, which further supports the idea that Sakurai considers them separate rather than "slots".

People have found Mewtwo in Brawl's data, and even in Smash 64's. This means that Mewtwo was planned for every Smash game. You should watch some more DYKG, son. :p

Pokemon can get a downgrade, sure, but with the recent success from Pokemon X and Y there's no reason to do this. If anything Pokemon can increase in characters due to how much of a step up X and Y is.

And no role to accomplish? How about being a unique character and the most popular character in the world? That's a role I believe. And Mewtwo's "role" pertains to his importance to Pokemon, as does every other Smash Bros character's to their respective series. So just ignoring the series that is being represented is idiotic, as that's the reason they would be included in the first place. And last I checked 6 characters isn't "stuffing" the roster. Say we get 48-52 characters. That's only about 10% of the roster. That's probably about half the representation that the Marioverse gets and that's about the same as Zelda, barring one character slot. Any rebuttals? It seems like you're grasping at straws because you don't want Mewtwo in Smash Bros for some reason.

And how can you say that slots=characters when Sakurai HIMSELF referred to the character count in Brawl as 39? There are 34 "slots" yet Sakurai said there were 39 "characters". Are you freaking stupid or are you just ignoring the facts?

Last edited:

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
I always talk about Slots. But now, Character=Slots, and in brawl, that was different things, and because of that we have more Pokemon and Zelda Characters than mario ones, but the same number of Slots. You dont have to believe in this slot stuff, I respect you guys can't see it. Ok =]

Also, Mario have a Dowgrade from Melee to Brawl, so Why this cant happen with pokemon?
Also, Why 7 characters? You are just assuming that mewtwo was cut off and not replaced by Lucario or pokemon trainer during the development, and you have no proof to support it.

You guys can't see it? Mewtwo don't have a Role to accomplish in smash bros anymore. For you guys this dosen't matter? The roster is not just pokemon, Nintendo have plenty of Franchises and a great amount of characters that they could include in the game. They WONT stuff the roster with a bunch of pokemon guys.
You guys need to stop to think about how Awesome and Badass mewtwo is. Stop think solely about pokemon and start to think in SMASH BROS. Is about smash bros we are talking about.
Sorry but this is bias at his finest, a 3rd gen pkmn is not more likely than mewtwo in anyway, 3rd gen pkmn aren't as popular as him, mewtwo is one of the few characters that sakurai has implied they will be in, Mewtwo was the poster boy of the 6th generation, it was one of the 2 pkmns that have 2 mega evolutions, he is the protagonist of a pkmn movie, 3 specials and is set to appear in the last pkmn movie which will be released close to smash bros 3ds, none of the 3rd pkmn can compare to mewtwo, mewtwo can easily represent one of the most important concepts in the series and that is being the legendary pkmn

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Why are u so stubborn?

Apparently, being stubborn means not following the latest bandwagon for characters.

One thing that many people are ignoring is that nothing indicates that the game was developed or even conceptualized during the early stages of the game when characters were being decided on. For all we know, development on OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire began right after Pokémon X & Y was out. Considering that they can reuse models from Pokémon X & Y, it is not implausible to believe that this could be the case. Even if they did start conceptualizing a remake of Ruby & Sapphire in October, 2012, it would have been too late for a 3rd gen Pokémon to get in.

Believing the slot rule is fallacious. Sakurai himself has stated that there are thirty-nine characters in Brawl and six Pokémons are in there. So by that logic, we can't use the slot rule to detract from Mewtwo's chances.

I can almost guarantee you that we will get six Pokémon characters before. Every Smash game has added in more characters than the previous games; 64 has two, Melee had four, and Brawl had six. Since Pokémon is a franchise filled with potential characters, it's hard to see why we would go down. It's not hard to imagine us getting seven characters either, since again, every game has increased in Pokémon character representation from before. I'd certainly say it's more likely than losing a character.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
2. This is an aspect of notion one, but Mewtwo has made the most major appearances in Pokemon movies, he has appeared as a main character in 3. The most recent being: Genesect the Legend Awakened which was released right around when many believe the roster to be
Two movies, mewtwo returns is a special not an actual movie

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Sorry but this is bias at his finest, a 3rd gen pkmn is not more likely than mewtwo in anyway, 3rd gen pkmn aren't as popular as him, mewtwo is one of the few characters that sakurai has implied they will be in, Mewtwo was the poster boy of the 6th generation, it was one of the 2 pkmns that have 2 mega evolutions, he is the protagonist of a pkmn movie, 3 specials and is set to appear in the last pkmn movie which will be released close to smash bros 3ds, none of the 3rd pkmn can compare to mewtwo, mewtwo can easily represent one of the most important concepts in the series and that is being the legendary pkmn
Thats Funny.
You Know the other pokemon with Two mega evolutions? WOW, IS CHARIZARD, A SMASH BROS FIGHTER
You Know another very popular gen 6 pokemon? GRENINJA? A Freaking Smash Bros Fighter.
Ah, and, you Know, a pokemon that is fan favorite that have a movie and other bunch of anime related ****? LUCARIO, Another Smahs Bros Fighter.

CAN YOU SEE IT. ALL MEWTWO ROLES ARE ALREADY TAKEN.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Thats Funny.
You Know the other pokemon with Two mega evolutions? WOW, IS CHARIZARD, A SMASH BROS FIGHTER
You Know another very popular gen 6 pokemon? GRENINJA? A Freaking Smash Bros Fighter.
Ah, and, you Know, a pokemon that is fan favorite that have a movie and other bunch of anime related ****? LUCARIO, Another Smahs Bros Fighter.

CAN YOU SEE IT. ALL MEWTWO ROLES ARE ALREADY TAKEN.
Psychic type?
Legendary?

...Do you have a point here?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Looks like my arguments were too much for him: he just skipped them over.
If Mewtwo really doesn't deserve to be in Smash Bros, you would have rebuttals for my post @ Ryuuma Ryuuma .
But alas, it seems I've defeated you.

Oh, and for the whole " role" thing, we don't have a legendary Pokemon in Smash Bros right now, which is a big part of the franchise.
Seems like Mewtwo can fit that role really well, don't you agree?
inb4 you say legendaries shouldn't be playable or something like that, to which I say Mewtwo has been playable in the past.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Lol. Rly That Matters? lol
And any of the things you pointed out matter?

There's no evidence that any of these things matter in Smash. So saying that Mewtwo's "roles" are taken, only to disregard possible "roles" he could occupy is illogical and flat out hypocritical.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And try to explain Jigglypuff's role please.
And no, her role is not "she's been in every game".

And while your at it, Sceptile's too.
Because I'm pretty sure the starter role has been taken. :troll:

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
And try to explain Jigglypuff's role please.
And no, her role is not "she's been in every game".

And while your at it, Sceptile's too.
Because I'm pretty sure the starter role has been taken. :troll:

Of course Jigglypuff role is being a original character!
And I don't believe in Sceptile, lol. I just think that IF there s a sixth slot (and I don't believe in it), a gen 3 pokemon have more chances than mewtwo due the remakes.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Of course Jigglypuff role is being a original character!
And I don't believe in Sceptile, lol. I just think tha IF there s a sixth slot, a gen 3 pokemn have more chances than mewtwo due the remakes.
So...
Mewtwo isn't an original character?
Don't give me that Shadow Ball = clone crap please...

HeroG

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I want Mewtwo in over Jigs with a new Gen 3 rep with Sceptile.
That would mean we would have two type triangles: Water/Grass/Fire and Psychic/Fighting/Dark

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Honestly I want Mewtwo in over Jigs with a new Gen 3 rep with Sceptile.
That would mean we would have two type triangles: Water/Grass/Fire and Psychic/Fighting/Dark
That's a good point, and I would enjoy that.
I would certainly miss Rest Jigglypuff though.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
So...
Mewtwo isn't an original character?
Don't give me that Shadow Ball = clone crap please...
When I used the term "original" I was referring to the original twelve.
So, don't, mewtwo is not an Original Character.

And you really want to talk about mewtwo ****ty moveset? Mewtwo was so bad in Melee that he was the only no clone character cut off.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And you really want to talk about mewtwo ****ty moveset? Mewtwo was so bad in Melee that he was the only no clone character cut off.
And who's to say that Mewtwo can't be a high priority character this time around? This would give Sakurai enough time to add Mewtwo back and revamp him.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Mewtwo was planned to be in, though. In fact, he was the most complete of the planned characters. The only reason he didn't get in was due to time constraints and apparent last minute inclusions.

And... Yeah, could you elaborate on what "role" Sceptile has that makes him more likely than Mewtwo? Because if you say anything like type or relevancy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom