• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Thats Funny.
You Know the other pokemon with Two mega evolutions? WOW, IS CHARIZARD, A SMASH BROS FIGHTER
You Know another very popular gen 6 pokemon? GRENINJA? A Freaking Smash Bros Fighter.
Ah, and, you Know, a pokemon that is fan favorite that have a movie and other bunch of anime related ****? LUCARIO, Another Smahs Bros Fighter.

CAN YOU SEE IT. ALL MEWTWO ROLES ARE ALREADY TAKEN.
There isn't a legendary pkmn yet, mewtwo is the perfect fit for the role, also I'd like to just say that every franchise will have as much characters as sakurai wants, pkmn got 6th characters in brawl, also all of the gen 3 pkmn roles have been taken anyway

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, Smash 64, not Brawl. :p
Oh, my bad. I was already in the Brawl mindset...

As for Smash 64... I don't really know, but my guess would be one of the four secret characters. Luigi and Jigglypuff seem like likely candidates considering that they were based off of other characters and thus easy to develop.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yes Like they Revanped Gannondorf in brawl, right? -__-
Even if Mewtwo wasn't revamped, that doesn't make him less likely.

Also, do you have an answer to my previous questions?

D

Deleted member

Yes Like they Revanped Gannondorf in brawl, right? -__-
That was because Mewtwo was a low priority character in Brawl that ended up getting cut. Ganondorf is the big bad guy of Zelda, so he was always going to be high priority. Also, this game has made a lot more changes to veterans than previous games. Yoshi, Bowser, Pit, etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
Wow. People are seriously doubting Mewtwo's chances with a Gen 3 remake coming out?

...Seriously? :laugh:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wow. People are seriously doubting Mewtwo's chances with a Gen 3 remake coming out?

...Seriously? :laugh:
Most of these people also predicted Lucario would be replaced by Zoroark/Mewtwo because of the now-dead "first and the latest" argument.

Also, I think people would be interested in hearing my thoughts on DLC; particularly the part about a 3rd gen rep:
The roster for SSB 3DS & Wii U is already finalized. Assuming that planning for OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire started a year before Pokémon X & Y is released; that would mean that the roster had already been decided and as such, a 3rd gen character cannot get in. However (hypothetically speaking), the Pokémon Company is made aware that Sakurai is doing character DLC in this game. Knowing that a 3rd gen character can't be in the initial roster yet still wanting one in Smash, the Pokémon Company seizes an opportunity to push for a 3rd gen rep. Eventually, Sakurai caves in and begins work on adding 3rd gen character/stage as DLC (let's say they start work on July, 2014).

Then on mid-September, 2014, Sakurai announces a new DLC package for the 3DS version, but does not specify. Despite speculation over cut veterans being added back together or even a very highly requested newcomer that missed out on the initial roster, it is revealed at an early October Nintendo Direct that it is a DLC package packed with 3rd gen content. Blaziken is revealed as a playable character, Sootopolis City is revealed as the 3rd gen stage, and musics from OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are also present (costing $5 to get initially, although when promotional values runs out, is later made free). It is then highly promoted until the DLC releases in early November, 2014; in time to promote the release of OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire later in the month. Not only that, Blaziken, Sootopolis City and music from OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire are also made available from the start on the Wii U version as they have also been working on putting them on the Wii U version.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
@Super Smash Bros. Fan
Just one question about that, when was it said that the roster is already finalized? I'm sure it has been by now, but has there been any specific say of what sort of time window they decide the roster is finalized. Or is that just conjecture?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
did sakurai ever actually say mewtwo was due to time constraints or did you all just assume it was?

also how did the thread for discussing pokemon newcomers become the mewtwo thread.2?

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
did sakurai ever actually say mewtwo was due to time constraints or did you all just assume it was?

also how did the thread for discussing pokemon newcomers become the mewtwo thread.2?
Its an assumption, we have no idea why it really was. Judging by how much Mewtwo has in the game, it seems like the most likely.

And this isn't the Pokemon newcomers thread. This is the Pokemon characters thread.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Dude, Stop Thinking as a Mewtwo fan that Wants him in Smash Bros. And Think that Right Now, Mewtwo is competing with an Original and Staple Character and some Pokemon that fit the Role to represent the New Pokemon Game, that probably will be lunched soon after or before the Wii U version of Smash. While Mewtwo Role right Now is to represent Mewgaevolutions or the New Generation, both thinks already have representatives in the game.

Among Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and a 3rd gen pokemon. Who you think have less chances?

Mewtwo Have less chances than Jiglypuff (as he always had), and Right Now, Less chances than Sceptile, Blaziken or something like that. PERIOD.
More than blaziken since we already have a fire starter

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
the point is go talk about mewtwo in his own thread
And talk about Jiggs in her own thread? And talk about Sceptile in his own thread? Genesect's name can't be spoken here, he's got his own thread. Gengar, Gardevoir, Blaziken, shut up about all of them, this thread isn't meant for them.

It's obvious, Skiploom for Smash. You can't argue with me because you can't mention any of the other candidates :troll:

This is a Pokemon characters thread. ALL Pokemon characters, read the first post, it is a prediction of ALL Pokemon that will appear in the game. If you don't want to talk about ALL possible Pokemon characters, don't visit the Pokemon character thread. Just because you don't like Mewtwo doesn't mean we won't stop talking about him, it's what this thread is for.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I wouldn't mind Pokemon Trainer's return.

Without any Pokemon.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
And talk about Jiggs in her own thread? And talk about Sceptile in his own thread? Genesect's name can't be spoken here, he's got his own thread. Gengar, Gardevoir, Blaziken, shut up about all of them, this thread isn't meant for them.

It's obvious, Skiploom for Smash. You can't argue with me because you can't mention any of the other candidates :troll:

This is a Pokemon characters thread. ALL Pokemon characters, read the first post, it is a prediction of ALL Pokemon that will appear in the game. If you don't want to talk about ALL possible Pokemon characters, don't visit the Pokemon character thread. Just because you don't like Mewtwo doesn't mean we won't stop talking about him, it's what this thread is for.
this has nothing to do with my feelings on mewtwo the argument is becoming tedious cant we move onto something new

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
If we were to get a grass starter... idk. I kinda wish water starter was still "on the table" because I love mudkip

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Pokemon will not have fewer slots this game. We got four new Pokemon last game, of course we will get two more. MEWTWO and Sceptile. I'm tired of this five cap whenl, if logically asserted on multiple points, six would be a base assumption

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Last time I came here, I was an advocate for Brawl's roster+Mewtwo. It's funny how much has been thrown in the loop, at this point.

As of now, I'm an advocate for Brawl's roster-Squirtle and Ivysaur+Mewtwo+Greninja. And now that I've beaten Pokemon Y, I would hate to see Jigglypuff and/or Mewtwo go that much more.

I have nothing against rooting for the little guys. That's how one of my favorite Pokemon - Jigglypuff, the expendable pile of balloon everyone seems to hate on - got in, in the first place (that, and it contributes an interesting aerial playstyle and happens to have the same body shape of Kirby, which definitely help). But the fan-made assumption that Sakurai is concocting a "Rock/Paper/Scissors"-style Pokemon roster simply for the sake of having a "Rock/Paper/Scissors"-style Pokemon roster, you must admit, is kind of grasping for straws. Sakurai has already explained how he determines newcomers in the Pokemon franchise.

I know that OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire (I think I got those right...) were announced just days ago, but if we're going to come up with trivial Poke-patterns based on releases, I can think of another Pokemon remake that has had far more time to resonate with both fans and Sakurai: HeartGold/SoulSilver.

By this logic, Meganium confirmed.

I guess what gets under my skin about stuff like this is whenever a fandom's love for a character entails the hate of another character. I never could stand for Impa because so many people wanted her to be the end of Sheik. I could never get behind Krystal because people were hoping she'd X off either Falco or Wolf. And now people are clamoring for Sceptile to take the spot of either Jigglypuff or Mewtwo.

All of these characters that certain fans want(ed) gone are either fan-favorites, Smash staples, or both. I understand that, someday, the roster will get too big to keep everybody around. I have come to grips that the next game may be that beginning. Until then, let's not clamor for blood.

I mean, let's think about it: Pokemon, that worldwide phenomenon with an ever-growing group of lovable and popular characters, is probably the series I would first expect to breach six or seven Smash characters. I know that not everybody is a Pokemon fan, but these are iconic characters, nonetheless. I could clamor about Mario getting Rosalina all day long, but that doesn't stop the fact that Mario is an extremely famous franchise, with Rosalina being one of the more interesting characters to come out of the newer games.

In short, I would be absolutely fine if Sceptile made it in. But realize that both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff have their reasons for making it in, too.

Trigger123

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the only Pokemon that deserve to be stand alone are pikachu and lucario, not including mewtwo though. Now I am not saying greninja and Charizard are not worth it, I just feel they could make like 2-3 Pokemon trainers with 3 Pokemon from different generations. So it would not take up as much slots.

Morbi

Scavenger
I feel like the only Pokemon that deserve to be stand alone are pikachu and lucario, not including mewtwo though. Now I am not saying greninja and Charizard are not worth it, I just feel they could make like 2-3 Pokemon trainers with 3 Pokemon from different generations. So it would not take up as much slots.
I feel as though Charizard is more deserving of being on his own given he is the most prominent Pokemon.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
"Mewtwo is the Most Requested character." You say.

"So Why Nintendo didn't revealed it on E3"? I Ask.

BECAUSE MEWTWO NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
let it go Guys, no point to hide such a Awesome and Requested Character. nintendo needs Hype to launch Wii U sales. Pac-Man, Palutena and ****ing Miis Were probabbly the best Newcomers they had to Show.

let it go guys D:

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
"Mewtwo is the Most Requested character." You say.

"So Why Nintendo didn't revealed it on E3"? I Ask.

BECAUSE MEWTWO NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
let it go Guys, no point to hide such a Awesome and Requested Character. nintendo needs Hype to launch Wii U sales. Pac-Man, Palutena and ****ing Miis Were probabbly the best Newcomers they had to Show.

let it go guys D:
Which "awesome and requested" characters did they show at e3? Palutena-ish. Check. Um... strange, it seems as though no other awesome or requested characters are even in the game according to your fallacious logic.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Which "awesome and requested" characters did they show at e3? Palutena-ish. Check. Um... strange, it seems as though no other awesome or requested characters are even in the game according to your fallacious logic.
Dude, Sthap....

Why they Should hide Mewtwo? Is E3! They Revealed the best things they could.

They Revealed Pac-man and Megaman at E3.
And, Palutena is a Righ requestd Character too and you Know it.
Also, in Brawl time, they Revealed Wario, Meta-Knight and Pit at E3 trailer, 3 righly request guys in that time.

They Use E3 to make noise and hype. mewtwo is a great way to do this.

Keep hiding Mewtwo? Its Senseless!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom