• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
There's no words I have for how... ridiculously trivial is the number of slots on the character select screen. Or how many each franchise takes, regarding slots.
Especially now that transformations are gone. The whole game's roster will NOT be based on wether the character select screen looks nice and square NOT be based on wether the character select screen looks nice and square NOT be based on wether the character select screen looks nice and square. Sakurai CLEARLY stated that he'd try not to cut characters.
Noh! I can feel my fake OCD already! *Hrrrrg!!!

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If he always followed the "never has been" logic, then Kirby reps would've still be the same as DK reps in Brawl as they had before (1), or surely, we're getting a new Star Fox character because there's never been a new SSB game without a new Starfox character.
Quoting this for great justice. People try hard to find "patterns" but each smash breaks and makes them.
Mewtwo has chances. It depends on Sakurai, though, not on Mario reps.

D

Deleted member

Why You are so Stubborn?

We have THREE smash bros and Pokemon NEVER ounumberd Mario slots.

AND pokemon have potential to have a larger number os slots than mario since ever, but they NEVER let it happen.

Mewtwo not gonna happen. His Trumph cards are gone by now.
*facepalm*

Thinking in slots is horrible. Sakurai counted transformation in Melee and Brawl and in Brawl, Pokemon had more than Mario or Zelda. He does not think in slots.

And what exactly are your arguments against Mewtwo?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I predict we will get another pretty rectangle-shaped roster on the character select screen. :troll:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
While there are admittedly reasons to believe Mewtwo won't make it, the use of slots as a reasoning for Sakurai not considering him is ****ING STUPID.
Reasons that i'm talking about and everybody is juts ignoring because of the slot issues.

Yeah Mewtwo's gonna happen.
Why?

*facepalm*

Thinking in slots is horrible. Sakurai counted transformation in Melee and Brawl and in Brawl, Pokemon had more than Mario or Zelda. He does not think in slots.

And what exactly are your arguments against Mewtwo?
They Already put two megaevolved pokemon (and mega-evolution was mewtwo biggest chance), also they already used a pokemon to make genwunners happy (Charizard). This things was the mewtwo manjor objectives/chances to get in, but they used Charizard and Lucario to play thi kind of role. And even to support gen 6, that was a potential mewtwo minor role, they used Greninja instead.
I got nothing against him. I Just addmit he dosen't stand a chance anymore. For instance, I Really wanted Ridley in the game, but right now i'm realist enough to admit that ridley chances are very low. I'm just realistic enough to separate my wishes and things I think are plausible.

You all think mewtwo gonna be a character? Fine, Sit and Wait Sakurai put a third megapokemon instead jiggly lol.

JIggly in, Mewtwo out.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Reasons that i'm talking about and everybody is juts ignoring because of the slot issues.

Why?

I got nothing against him. I Just addmit he dosen't stand a chance anymore.

You all think mewtwo gonna be a character? Fine, Sit and Wait Sakurai put a third megapokemon lol.

JIggly in, Mewtwo out.
What definitive (objective) evidence supports Mewtwo's non-inclusion? I wasn't aware of any "evidence," merely presumptions; however, you seem adamant about this notion. Please elaborate, I am genuinely curious as I find nothing to contradict his inclusion. I would be glad to be more well informed.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Pokemon is popular enough for 6 reps. They had 6 different pokemon in Brawl. Mewtwo was going to be in Brawl. Everything else I've been saying. Gamefreak pushes there characters hard. Its more of a question of why isn't Mewtwo going to be in Smash. The only reason I can think of again is a time restriction and since Sakurai excluded him once for that it could happen again.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon is popular enough for 6 reps.
Mario is Populas as hell to have 6 reps, and have five in this game.

The only reason I can think of again is a time restriction and since Sakurai excluded him once for that it could happen again.
Sakurai Planned Mewtwo For Brawl, and then Sakurai Excluded Mewtwo for Brawl, if he did it due time restriction or not, you Simply DOSEN'T KNOW

But Fine, suppose Mewtwo was cut due Time, why he was left to the end of game? Because he was less relevant to the roster than the rest of the characters, he was less relevant than a Robot that even is a game character, GOSH he was less relevant than a SECOND CLONE of a undead franchise.

Also, he was left to the end and was cut off with Roy and Doc.Mario, two super relevant Characters lol.

But, a just don't believe he was cut due Time problems and you cant proove it anyways.

Wait for mewtwo.
Just Wait.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Mario is Populas as hell to have 6 reps, and have five in this game.

Sakurai Planned Mewtwo For Brawl, and then Sakurai Excluded Mewtwo for Brawl, if he did it due time restriction or not, you Simply DOSEN'T KNOW

But Fine, suppose Mewtwo was cut due Time, why he was left to the end of game? Because he was less relevant to the roster than the rest of the characters, he was less relevant than a Robot that even is a game character, GOSH he was less relevant than a SECOND CLONE of a undead franchise.

Also, he was left to the end and was cut off with Roy and Doc.Mario, two super relevant Characters lol.

But, a just don't believe he was cut due Time problems and you cant proove it anyways.

Wait for mewtwo.
Just Wait.
We don't know that Mario only has 5 reps. I mean Sakurai's new Mario rep was Rosalina? What? She's not even as important as Jr. who knows what he'll do.

Maybe Mewtwo was less relevant in SSBB, but with Gen 6 and Mewtwo's new movie he is much more relevant. Also he wasn't less relevant than R.O.B. he was less relevant than Lucario at the time. This is because Gamefreak pushed Lucario and Gen 4. That is it.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
What definitive (objective) evidence supports Mewtwo's non-inclusion? I wasn't aware of any "evidence," merely presumptions; however, you seem adamant about this notion. Please elaborate, I am genuinely curious as I find nothing to contradict his inclusion. I would be glad to be more well informed.
Mewtwo Chances to get in are related to Mega Evolutions and everybody knows that. Now, we have already four pokemons, two of them with mega evlutions. They probablly have Jiggly to add yet. Regardless of the slot stuff, thinking mewtwo get in with so many characters of so many different franchises to put in... What you think? A diverse roster or one stuffed with pokemon, and half ot them carryng the same final smash mechanic?

We don't know that Mario only has 5 reps. I mean Sakurai's new Mario rep was Rosalina? What? She's not even as important as Jr. who knows what he'll do.

Maybe Mewtwo was less relevant in SSBB, but with Gen 6 and Mewtwo's new movie he is much more relevant. Also he wasn't less relevant than R.O.B. he was less relevant than Lucario at the time. This is because Gamefreak pushed Lucario and Gen 4. That is it.
We took almost a Whole Year to have 6 newcomers revealed. Is obvious that this game will not have a lot of newcomers. Is very unlikely the lef bowser jr to the end (I WANT Bowser Jr. I like it, but again, REALISM). Whatever, read my awser to the other dude in this same post.

Mewtwo biggest skyrocket to relevance is mega evolution, they are already using this in two pokemon, one of them probabbly more famous than mewtwo for non pokemon fãs, and the other arguably equaly famous to pokemon fans.

And if you didn't get it, if mewtwo was cut off due to Time restrictions, he was let to be programmed in the end anyways, that is argument enough to proof his irrelevance compared to the other smashers.

And dude, mewtow is WAAAAY less relevant to Brw than R.O.B. Rob is a historical important to Nintendo, and played a important Role in Subspace emissary. Mewtwo is a pokemon. he is an awesome pokemon, but he is still a pokemon. I'm a huge pokemon fan, and a Believe you are one Too, so I know that is hard, but try to see mewtwo impact for non pokemon fans.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Mewtwo Chances to get in are related to Mega Evolutions and everybody knows that. Now, we have already four pokemons, two of them with mega evlutions. They probablly have Jiggly to add yet. Regardless of the slot stuff, thinking mewtwo get in with so many characters of so many different franchises to put in... What you think? A diverse roster or one stuffed with pokemon, and half ot them carryng the same final smash mechanic?

We took almost a Whole Year to have 6 newcomers revealed. Is obvious that this game will not have a lot of newcomers. Is very unlikely the lef bowser jr to the end (I WANT Bowser Jr. I like it, but again, REALISM). Whatever, read my awser to the other dude in this same post.

Mewtwo biggest skyrocket to relevance is mega evolution, they are already using this in two pokemon, one of them probabbly more famous than mewtwo for non pokemon fãs, and the other arguably equaly famous to pokemon fans.

And if you didn't get it, if mewtwo was cut off due to Time restrictions, he was let to be programmed in the end anyways, that is argument enough to proof his irrelevance compared to the other smashers.

And dude, mewtow is WAAAAY less relevant to Brw than R.O.B. Rob is a historical important to Nintendo, and played a important Role in Subspace emissary. Mewtwo is a pokemon. he is an awesome pokemon, but he is still a pokemon. I'm a huge pokemon fan, and a Believe you are one Too, so I know that is hard, but try to see mewtwo impact for non pokemon fans.
No no no, Mewtwo and R.O.B. don't have anything to do with each other. Mewtwo is a pokemon rep, R.O.B. is a retro. Also R.O.B. is only relevant to Nintendo. None of us really care much about him.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
No no no, Mewtwo and R.O.B. don't have anything to do with each other. Mewtwo is a pokemon rep, R.O.B. is a retro. Also R.O.B. is only relevant to Nintendo. None of us really care much about him.

ok, but read this part of my post:

Now, THINK ABOUT IT. but think like someone that don't insanely wants Mewtwo in.
Think Like a Non Mewtwo Fan.

Now, answer me, but again, not as a mewtwo fan:
What are Mewtwo odds to get in?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They Already put two megaevolved pokemon (and mega-evolution was mewtwo biggest chance), also they already used a pokemon to make genwunners happy (Charizard). This things was the mewtwo manjor objectives/chances to get in, but they used Charizard and Lucario to play thi kind of role. And even to support gen 6, that was a potential mewtwo minor role, they used Greninja instead.
What about the fact that Mewtwo is the most wanted character for this game? Above Ridley, above K. Rool, above even Mega Man who got in because of popularity. And it clearly doesn't explain Sakurai hinting at Mewtwo's return.

The idea that Mewtwo has to fit some "representation" niche to get in is ridiculous. What happened to a character getting in by their own merit? We're talking about Mewtwo here, who has pretty much everything going for it; uniqueness, popularity, importance, the whole nine yards. Gekkouga's inclusion has no bearing on Mewtwo's chances.
I got nothing against him. I Just addmit he dosen't stand a chance anymore. For instance, I Really wanted Ridley in the game, but right now i'm realist enough to admit that ridley chances are very low. I'm just realistic enough to separate my wishes and things I think are plausible.

You all think mewtwo gonna be a character? Fine, Sit and Wait Sakurai put a third megapokemon instead jiggly lol.

JIggly in, Mewtwo out.
Ridley and Mewtwo aren't anywhere in the same situation. The former has been hinted at a non-playable role whereas Mewtwo has been hinting at returning as a playable character. Those two already place them in two different situations.

And I don't see how this is Jigglypuff Vs. Mewtwo. Why wouldn't they co-exist this time?

Swift Fox

Smash Lord
What about the fact that Mewtwo is the most wanted character for this game? Above Ridley, above K. Rool, above even Mega Man who got in because of popularity. And it clearly doesn't explain Sakurai hinting at Mewtwo's return.

The idea that Mewtwo has to fit some "representation" niche to get in is ridiculous. What happened to a character getting in by their own merit? We're talking about Mewtwo here, who has pretty much everything going for it; uniqueness, popularity, importance, the whole nine yards. Gekkouga's inclusion has no bearing on Mewtwo's chances.Ridley and Mewtwo aren't anywhere in the same situation. The former has been hinted at a non-playable role whereas Mewtwo has been hinting at returning as a playable character. Those two already place them in two different situations.

And I don't see how this is Jigglypuff Vs. Mewtwo. Why wouldn't they co-exist this time?
That news is becoming far more subjective now. It was before "Mega Evolution" was revealed (notice it said "Mewtwo new form") and before we knew that other Pokemon can have Mega Evolutions as well.

I think Mewtwo is relevant today but it's just that his chance hasn't boosted greatly though. I happen to be non-Mewtwo fan if that helps.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That news is becoming far more subjective now. It was before "Mega Evolution" was revealed (notice it said "Mewtwo new form") and before we knew that other Pokemon can have Mega Evolutions as well.

I think Mewtwo is relevant today but it's just that his chance hasn't boosted greatly though. I happen to be non-Mewtwo fan if that helps.
I don't see how this makes the news anymore subjective. Mewtwo was the first Mega Evolution of its kind and not only that, Game Freak made a huge deal about it. Mewtwo even played a significant role in Genesect's movie. Game Freak has not only made Mewtwo relevant again, they made Mewtwo into sort of a staple of 6th gen.

The roster was already decided by the time Sakurai mentioned that they were thinking about adding Mewtwo. Mewtwo is not someone that is going to be added late in the game; Game Freak would have already allowed Sakurai to do this. Sakurai saying that "We're thinking about it!" is a good indication that they have already added Mewtwo; they just aren't blatantly saying it.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
ok, but read this part of my post:

Now, THINK ABOUT IT. but think like someone that don't insanely wants Mewtwo in.
Think Like a Non Mewtwo Fan.

Now, answer me, but again, not as a mewtwo fan:
What are Mewtwo odds to get in?
I'd honestly give Mewtwo a 70% chance to get in Since Greninja's reveal.

Also I'm pretty sure 6 out of a 45 minimum roster is not Pokemon stuffed at all. Especially considering the sheer amount of pokemon there are.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
The roster was already decided by the time Sakurai mentioned that they were thinking about adding Mewtwo.
Off course the roster wasn't decided this time! X/Y wasn't lunched yet, how they could know Greninja woulb be a good idea that time? They didn't knew if the fans would like greninja, greninja could even not exist that time.

I'd honestly give Mewtwo a 70% chance to get in Since Greninja's reveal.
Dude, we already have FOUR POKEMON, an obvious upcoming 5th. A lot of others franchises to care of. Two pokemon with mega evolution and we talking aobut a guy that was cut off in the past.

NOT A FAN opinion, please lol.

Last edited:

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Off course the roster wasn't decided this time! X/Y wasn't lunched yet, how they could know Greninja woulb be a good idea that time? They didn't knew if the fans would like greninja, greninja could even not exist that time.

Dude, we already have FOUR POKEMON, an obvious upcoming 5th. A lot of others franchises to care of. Two pokemon with mega evolution and we talking aobut a guy that was cut off in the past.

Frankly, if a charater has been cut, it is highly unlikely they will return. We need to start accepting this.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Frankly, if a charater has been cut, it is highly unlikely they will return. We need to start accepting this.
Exactly!

And you guys wanting Mewtwo need to start to think that he had chances to return due to MEGA EVOLUTIONS, simple and plain because of that and nothing else. Right now, the odds are very, very, very low. just accept it.

Mewtwo, will not happen. DEAL with it.

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
They are forgetting something else. Max reps=5 now. What about Jigglypuff, who has senority (has been in all 3 games)?

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
..... I just want to see Bidoof, that would have been the greatest WTF character to ever come from any Pokemon contender.

His Mega Evolution? Being a mother effing Bidoof.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
They are forgetting something else. Max reps=5 now. What about Jigglypuff, who has senority (has been in all 3 games)?
Don't even try, they wont accept the mario limit slots argument lol

They can't even see how mewtwo is irrelevant right now due to Lucario and Zard having mega evolutions.

The simply fact that mewtwo was in the Brawl code is enough to say that he was cut off due to time problems lol.

Only thing that could make them accept it is mewtwo poping out from a pokeball. And even in that case, some of them would defend the idea that it is just Mewtwo's entry scene, because Sakurai is Such a troll, you know.

Last edited:

Gune

Smash Lord
While I'm not a Mewtwo fan to be honest I kinda hate the thing, but I mean it Whole heartedly when I say Mewtwo needs to come back, while we already have 3 pokemon that represent gen 6 extremely well Mewtwo means a lot to pokemon and a bunch of pokemon fans and with the pokemon we have now mewtwo would be the cherry on top completing the most important and popular pokemon cake.

And I doubt anybody want's to see great pokemon Greninja/Lucario get dragged through the mud because of mewtwos absence.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
JIgglypuff is the only plausible pokemon Right now.

IF they are really doing the supposed 3rd gen remake, MAYBE a 3rd gen pokemon stand a chance.

Mewtwo? Probably not, it's over right Now. Two Mega evolutions, Charizard playing the "famous outside pokemon franchise" role. Mewtwo dosen't have a freaking point. There are plenty of characters from plenty of franchises that should be there before a pokemon that is redundant as hell in this point.

I like mewtwo and he is a very nice pokemon, but think in the game as a whole thing and not just a stupid pokemon promotion gedget! If they put mewtwo I kinda feel like when I realized that wolf was in brawl, with so many characters of a lot of franchises they spent a slot with.. a second clone?
Is the same with mewtwo! Why so many pokemon? Why a third mega evolution pokemon? instead of characters of different franchises with way more potential to make something, and you put Mewtwow? Screw you, nintendo!

The only reason to support mewtwo right now is being a huge, blind and fanatic mewtwo fan. Because even the ******** pokemon fans (like me) already give up of mewtwo.

Just imagine it. You really want a 6th pokemon, a 3rd mega evolution pokemon instead things like Isaac, Ridley, Palutena or whatever else for minor franchises? Just MEWTWO FANS support mewtwo in the current scenario. We are probably running uut of slots and others characters make better adds.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You do realize that Pokémon X & Y was in development for like three and a half years, right? That's plenty of time for Sakurai to know about Gekkouga. Characters generally can't be added after very early development/pre-production because doing so interfere with production (unless they have more than enough time to add more like with Melee) and Sakurai does have to operate under a time limit. Sakurai wouldn't have been able to add Gekkouga if he didn't put Gekkouga on the initial roster.

And we got six Pokémons in Brawl. Six Pokémons this game, with a larger roster incoming, is hardly an issue. And what other franchise "need" to be taken care of? Sakurai doesn't add to balance number of characters per franchise with sales.

Also, Mewtwo has been planned for every game; the original and Brawl as well as getting into Melee. Sakurai clearly sees Mewtwo as playable material and I am sure Sakurai will at least do everything he can to brings Mewtwo back.
Other fighting games have brought back characters before, so why can't Smash?

Also, Mewtwo is in a much different circumstance than Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu and Young Link.
Exactly!

And you guys wanting Mewtwo need to start to think that he had chances to return due to MEGA EVOLUTIONS, simple and plain because of that and nothing else. Right now, the odds are very, very, very low. just accept it.

Mewtwo, will not happen. DEAL with it.
That is so wrong it's not even funny.

The Mega Evolution is just one of many reasons why supporters think Mewtwo has a good chance of returning. There's also Mewtwo being the most wanted character, being highly relevant towards the Pokémon franchise, Sakurai hinting at Mewtwo's return and Mewtwo being planned for every previous Smash game to date. Definitely not an unlikely addition by any means.
When did you get to decide the franchise cap? It sure wasn't less than six in Brawl.
Don't even try, they wont accept the mario limit slots argument lol

They can't even see how mewtwo is irrelevant right now due to Lucario and Zard having mega evolutions.

The simply fact that mewtwo was in the Brawl code is enough to say that he was cut off due to time problems lol.

Only thing that could make them accept it is mewtwo poping out from a pokeball. And even in that case, some of them would defend the idea that it is just Mewtwo's entry scene, because Sakurai is Such a troll, you know.
That argument is not accepted as a sane argument because Sakurai does not count slots, he counts characters. The idea that Mewtwo would be excluded because Pokémon would not be able to have more slots than Mario is asinine, especially since Pokémon had more characters than Brawl.

Please... are you seriously implying that Mewtwo is not relevant? Just look at the past couple of years (especially the 6th gen) and you'll find that Mewtwo's relevance have significantly increased. It's even sort of like a mascot this gen because of how hard Game Freak has pushed Mewtwo.

Mewtwo (and Roy) had victory files in their data (whereas Wolf didn't even have them). It's pretty safe to believe that Mewtwo (and Roy) were cut due to time constraints since they had data that even characters that did make it did not have.
Mewtwo? Probably not, it's over right Now. Two Mega evolutions, Charizard playing the "famous outside pokemon franchise" role. Mewtwo dosen't have a freaking point. There are plenty of characters from plenty of franchises that should be there before a pokemon that is redundant as hell in this point.

I like mewtwo and he is a very nice pokemon, but think in the game as a whole thing and not just a stupid pokemon promotion gedget! If they put mewtwo I kinda feel like when I realized that wolf was in brawl, with so many characters of a lot of franchises they spent a slot with.. a second clone?
Is the same with mewtwo! Why so many pokemon? Why a third mega evolution pokemon? instead of characters of different franchises with way more potential to make something, and you put Mewtwow? Screw you, nintendo!

The only reason to support mewtwo right now is being a huge, blind and fanatic mewtwo fan. Because even the ******** pokemon fans (like me) already give up of mewtwo.

Just imagine it. You really want a 6th pokemon, a 3rd mega evolution pokemon instead things like Isaac, Ridley, Palutena or whatever else for minor franchises? Just MEWTWO FANS support mewtwo in the current scenario. We are probably running uut of slots and others characters make better adds.
Wolf is hardly a clone; he only share five moves (the Specials and a Final Smash).

People have every right to support Mewtwo and not just for being "blinded" by your skewed views of reality. We have strong arguments to support Mewtwo's potential inclusion whereas you rely on crap logic to make yourself look better than you really do. You're also assuming that people wanting Mewtwo means they want it instead of Isaac/Ridley/Palutena, which is false. I support Mewtwo, but that doesn't mean I can't support King K. Rool either. I like them because of who they are and shouldn't have to pick what I want.

andimidna

Smash Master
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo, Lucario, Greninja pls

We always get 2 new Pokemon, and at this point, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo would feel like a newcomer, they'd probably alter his moveset a lot too.
We don't need a grass Pokemon.
Charizard, Lucario, and Greninja make their own triangle... I think.
Fire-Steel, Fighting-Dark, Water-Fire... Yea, it makes sense.
Now that we've gotten our "cool new Pokemon" character it's safe to assume we're not getting another of the same category like Zoroark and Hawlucha
And having only 5 Pokemon would feel like a downgrade for a series that has only gotten bigger. So all 6 above makes sense to me.

D

Deleted member

Its not the point. The point is: they DIDN'T choose greninja before the game was realeased! Its ********! Nobody Knews greninja at that point and they can't have sure if the Frog would make sucess os not.
You also said the roster hadn't been decided at the time of Pokémon X & Y release and I was correcting you as to why they might have been able to get Gekkouga in from the start.

We also can't confirm that Gekkouga was included for advertisement purposes. For all we know, it could be because Game Freak wanted a new Pokémon and Sakurai agreed on having Gekkouga because it interested him (not that we can't have Mewtwo as well). Either way, they did have some back ground on Gekkouga and I highly doubt he was chosen "just because".

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
has any thought to point out that the reason why pokemon probably wont have more characters than mario is due to mario being nintendo's biggest franchise?

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
has any thought to point out that the reason why pokemon probably wont have more characters than mario is due to mario being nintendo's biggest franchise?
Its not a valid argument.
here, the only argument is:

MEWTWO IS AWESOME, HE'S TOTALLY IN!

I just gave up..

Anyone want to bet that Pokemon will not have more Slots than mario. ANYONE?
I can bet about mewtwo to.

D

Deleted member

That's a flawed assumption since Pokémon (and Zelda) had more characters than Mario in Brawl (Six Pokémon, five Zelda, and four Mario).

I just gave up..

Your argument, to say the least, are horrible. You've failed to counter any of my points and by your irrational tangent against Mewtwo, show how little you know about Smash's development or Sakurai and Game Freak's thought process with Pokémon.

But if you seriously insist on betting against Mewtwo's inclusion, then I have no qualms taking it up with you.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
@Super Smash Bros. Fan
When did you get to decide the franchise cap? It sure wasn't less than six in Brawl.
I still count that as 4. Pkmn trainer shouldn't count as 6. If you want Ivysaur, you are stuck with the others. And with Mario being THE most popular series ever pretty much, why would they have 4 but a slightly lesser series has TWO more?

It is still one character box for Pkmn trainer, and you çan't solo anyone without getting the others. This strikes me as One character, not Three. Regardless, this is an area of common disagreement and contraversy. I was just saying, Mario is now at 5 reps again. They could get more, but this would require even more roster space than it is likely to be had.

@ andimidna
Above, I disagree, but again, we'll never reach an agreement as the smash fan base. You are trying to find a pettern that ethier doesn't exist and is a coincidence, or can and will be broken. I wouldn't be suprised if we get 4. The ones already released. Frankly, we don't NEED more. I'd undersand a fifth though, given the fact that it is rapidly growing and this is a promotional opportunity for Sakurai.

Cpt.

Smash Lord

I just gave up..

Lol no ones is arguing like that at all. I gave you 6 + different reason why Mewtwo is still relevant -__-

And again the Mario franchise probably will set the max amount, but again we don't even know if they only have 5 reps. We have until winter and Rosalina was revealed a year before that..... a year!

Even so its not definite that Mario gets the most reps.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
That's a flawed assumption since Pokémon (and Zelda) had more characters than Mario in Brawl (Six Pokémon, five Zelda, and four Mario)..
But all of them tie in number os SLOTS. Also, in case of the Pkmn trainer, you were forced to change among the three pokemons during the fight because the stamina stuff, they all act like an only character.
And in this new Smash, Slots = Characters, probably.

So about the bet, what do you think about the slot stuff?

Last edited:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Lol no ones is arguing like that at all. I gave you 6 + different reason why Mewtwo is still relevant -__-

And again the Mario franchise probably will set the max amount, but again we don't even know if they only have 5 reps. We have until winter and Rosalina was revealed a year before that..... a year!

Even so its not definite that Mario gets the most reps.
No we'll have until summer for 3ds. At this rate, they'd have to cram in another Mario rep by summer. Unlikely, if you ask me.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
And I answer all of them showing you how almost of them dosent matter and others could be used to Charizard stuff.

Mega Evolution is the only mewtwo Chance and everyone knows that.

Also they just have till summer to show all of characters. And they took almost a year to show us just 6 newcomers. Very unlikely that have plenty of newcomers to another mario rep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom