• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon characters for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
And who made this rule of how many slots are left? You?
Its not a rule, but its obviously a trend followed in every single smash bros. Mario franchise have the biggest amount of slots, period.

Lets be realistic here, they took almost a Whole year to reveal just 6 newcomers, the chances of another Mario newcomer appears are Very Low, and Without Mario 6th slot, pokemon will not have a 6th slot too.

And don't use the pokemon trainer argument. I'm talking about SLOTS and not about characters.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
There's just one slot left for pokemon and Mewtwo don't stand a Chance against Jiggly.

Mewtwo bonus is mega evolution, but by now we already have two pokemon freaturing this.
Umm. no. If we count each pokemon on trainer as an individual there were 6 in SSBB. There can be more than 5...

Its not a rule, but its obviously a trend followed in every single smash bros. Mario franchise have the biggest amount of slots, period.

Lets be realistic here, they took almost a Whole year to reveal just 6 newcomers, the chances of another Mario newcomer appears are Very Low, and Without Mario 6th slot, pokemon will not have a 6th slot too.

And don't use the pokemon trainer argument. I'm talking about SLOTS and not about characters.
Who says Mario gets the most reps? That doesn't have to happen. Sakurai can do what he wants.

"don't use the pokemon trainer argument." Why? Because you don't want to have a whole in your arguement? haha

Shiek and Zelda are the same slot and counted differently on the tier list buddy.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Umm. no. If we count each pokemon on trainer as an individual there were 6 in SSBB. There can be more than 5...

Who says Mario gets the most reps? That doesn't have to happen. Sakurai can do what he wants.

"don't use the pokemon trainer argument." Why? Because you don't want to have a whole in your arguement? haha

Shiek and Zelda are the same slot and counted differently on the tier list buddy.
OMG, you can't see de diference between Slot and Character. SSBB have 6 pokemon charaters, 5 Zelda characters, but only 4 slots for each franchise, the same as Mario.

And mario ALWAYS have the biggest number os slots! Pokemon only ties or have less slots than mario. Its obvious, the biggest franchise have to be more representative. Mario always have more Stages, more musics, more slots... It is simple. Pokemon never outnumbered mario in slots (SLOTS PLEASE, I'm not talking about characters here).

Also, Mewtwo is just useless Right Now. He just had a chance to came back because the Megaevolution feature, and now we already have two pokemon with mega evolution. Jigglypuff have more chances than mewtwo, and averybody knows that (even some don't want to adimit). Pokemon only have one slot left (another thing you just don't want to admit). Mewtwo not gonna happen.

Right Now, Mewtwo have as many chances as Doc Mario, Roy and Pichu. Forget about it.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
OMG, you can't see de diference between Slot and Character. SSBB have 6 pokemon charaters, 5 Zelda characters, but only 4 slots for each franchise, the same as Mario.

And mario ALWAYS have the biggest number os slots! Pokemon only ties or have less slots than mario. Its obvious, the biggest franchise have to be more representative. Mario always have more Stages, more musics, more slots... It is simple. Pokemon never outnumbered mario in slots (SLOTS PLEASE, I'm not talking about characters here).

Also, Mewtwo is just useless Right Now. He just had a chance to came back because the Megaevolution feature, and now we already have two pokemon with mega evolution. Jigglypuff have more chances than mewtwo, and averybody knows that (even some don't want to adimit). Pokemon only have one slot left (another thing you just don't want to admit). Mewtwo not gonna happen.

Right Now, Mewtwo have as many chances as Doc Mario, Roy and Pichu. Forget about it.
Yes, I do know the difference between a character slot and a character. You don't have to poorly define it for me using far too many misspelled words...

There is unarguably no reason why there can't be two more pokemon reps in Smash 4. The only question we can ask is; will there be two more pokemon reps?

I believe that Jigglypuff is an automatic in since she was one of the original 12 characters. So you are right about that, but don't kid yourself, not even for one second, by saying that Mewtwo has the same chances as Dr. Mario. That is just absurd.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
There is a reason for just one more pokemon and not two of them: Slots number. Mario have 5, pokemon will not have more than that.

Mewtwo Chances gone with Two pokemon of the roster mega evolving. Charizard is the genwunners representant, mewtwo dont have a point anymore. Just let it go dude.

In fact, mewtwo dosen't stand a chance since's Lucario revelation.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I'm of the opinion that the only other viable Pokemon characters at this point are Mewtwo and Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff is a classic Smasher and can now represent the Fairy type. Mewtwo is arguably the most requested Smash 4 character, and its return was directly hinted at by Sakurai at the X and Y roundtable at E3. Assuming that we have lost both Ivysaur and Squirtle, I don't see why there is "only one spot left for Pokemon". Technically, Brawl had six Pokemon when there were only 4 Mario characters. Both Mewtwo and Jigglypuff are very viable characters in their own right; why can't we have both of them? They would both be perfect candidates for unlockable characters. I'm pretty sure that Mewtwo's return is why Lucario was revealed as early as he was; I think Mewtwo has taken Lucario's unlockable spot.

If there is a need for a grass starter for OCD reasons, I'd be fine with either Sceptile or Serperior (though, Snivy was in Greninja's trailer and will probably be a Pokeball Pokemon, so I don't think this is likely at all). Sceptile is the only Gen III starter that I actually like, and I can see it having some interesting moveset potential (Leaf Blade, Razor Leaf, Giga Drain, and so forth). Serperior could also have an interesting playstyle, since we haven't seen a playable snake in Smash before (lol inb4SolidSnakejoke).

Sylveon could also be pretty neat; I can picture it having Fairy type moves like Moonblast and using its ribbons for whipping, tethering, and grabbing opponents, like Ivysaur. But with Greninja already representing Gen VI, I don't see this as very plausible at this point.

TL;DR
I think the only other viable Pokemon characters are Mewtwo and Jigglypuff, and we will probably get both. Pokemon can have 6 characters in this game because Brawl technically had 6 Pokemon characters. Sceptile, Serperior and Sylveon would also be cool, but they aren't very likely.
I could see Sylveon work like that.

Other than that, I think its probably best to wait for further announcements or by the time the 3DS version comes out, then we'll know exactly whether there are anymore Pokemon characters that are playable.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard
Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staples, they not add to make Genwunners happy, they will be in every Smash bros dosen't matter what.

There are only 2 reasons to put Mewtwo in smash 4: Make Genwunners Happy, Use Megaevolution mechanic.

We already have a pokemon to make Genwunners happy, and TWO that use megaevolution.

If Mewtwo were relevant, it would not have been cut from Brawl.

Mewtwo is pointless Right now. He dosen't stand a chance. LET IT GO, DUDE

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pikachu
Lucario and Mega Lucario
Charizard and Mega Charizard X
Greninja
Jigglypuff (but I wouldn't mind replacing it with Squirtle)

I think that's it. Mewtwo wasn't that great in Melee anyway.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pokemon is not getting less than Brawl in a game with a larger roster.

My bets are on:
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Gekkouga
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

My bets are on:
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Gekkouga
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Melee had 26 characters.... Mario had 5 characters.

Brawl had 39 characters.... Mario had 4 characters.

You were saying?

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu
Lucario and Mega Lucario
Charizard and Mega Charizard X
Greninja
Jigglypuff (but I wouldn't mind replacing it with Squirtle)

I think that's it. Mewtwo wasn't that great in Melee anyway.

FInally!
THank you for being frank and realistc!

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
The Only Chance of a 6th playable pokemon is if there is a 6th playable Mario representant too.

Swift Fox

Smash Lord

My bets are on:
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario
Gekkouga
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Why Gekkouga and not Pikachuu, Lizardon, Rukario, Purin, Myuutsuu?

Anyway I could see either way how roster work, be it slots or character count. With Jigglypuff or Mewtwo in we'd already have one more slot than Melee and Brawl, that's good enough for "minimum" number of slots of Pokemon. I'd see 8 as absolute max, with both Mewtwo and Jigg in, plus Ivysaur and Squirtle.

I'm saying only 5 slots is a possibility, maybe because Pokemon Trainer somehow managed to take up too much resources than needed, as Sakurai saw it as taking up 3 characters and he decided to not repeat the history with it ever again.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Pikachu and Jigglypuff are staples, they not add to make Genwunners happy, they will be in every Smash bros dosen't matter what.

There are only 2 reasons to put Mewtwo in smash 4: Make Genwunners Happy, Use Megaevolution mechanic.

We already have a pokemon to make Genwunners happy, and TWO that use megaevolution.

If Mewtwo were relevant, it would not have been cut from Brawl.

Mewtwo is pointless Right now. He dosen't stand a chance. LET IT GO, DUDE
Mewtwo is relevent

1) Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon in the game.
2) Mewtwo has had 3 movies (one of which just came out last year).
3) Movies has two mega evolutions in generation 6.
4) Sakurai was going to put him in SSBB, but he ran out of time.
5) Mewtwo was in Project M which did well enough to become a real pro tournament at Apex 2014
6) Mewtwo is one of the more unique characters (moveset wise).

So yeah pretty far from pointless.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo is relevent

1) Mewtwo is the strongest pokemon in the game.
2) Mewtwo has had 3 movies (one of which just came out last year).
3) Movies has two mega evolutions in generation 6.
4) Sakurai was going to put him in SSBB, but he ran out of time.
5) Mewtwo was in Project M which did well enough to become a real pro tournament at Apex 2014
6) Mewtwo is one of the more unique characters (moveset wise).

So yeah pretty far from pointless.
1 - You Should Play more pokemon.
2 and 3 - Charizard is ralevant for EXACTLY the same reasons: He is famous out of the games, and he have Mega evolutions. And, well... Sakurai choose Charizard over mewtwo, deal with it.
4 - You lack of information to proove that! He was one of the forbidden 7, but was NEVER stated that he was cut off due time issues. All of the forbidden seven have a minimal amount of data, even Mewtwo, Roy and Doc Mario (the ones that have most). They could perfeclty cut Mewtwo off during the process when the ideas for Lucario/Pkmn Trainer comes out. Nobody knows if it was a time related cut.
5 - And You think mewtwo is relevant because of a Project M? Really? You REALLY think nintendo cares about that kind of stuff? C'mom...
6 - Okay, you are being tendentious here. Mewtwo have the most comum special move in Smash bros (Samus and other Two pokemon Share a similar move), and have a move to makes basically the same as jiggly1s sing, Mewtwo UP special is a non damaging version os Zelda's Fafore Wind, he dosen't have a unique moveset at all. Unique movesets are things like Wario, MG&W, R.O.B or IC movesets, Mewtwo moveset is a huddle of other's characters moves. Besides, his movesets Sucks, mewtwo is one of the Worst Characters in Melee.

Mewtwo only chance is a 6th mario rep. End even in this case, I think there are betters reps due mewtwo shallow moveset.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
2 and 3 - Charizard is ralevant for EXACTLY the same reasons: He is famous out of the games, and he have Mega evolutions. And, well... Sakurai choose Charizard over mewtwo, deal with it.
4 - You lack of information to proove that! He was one of the forbidden 7, but was NEVER stated that he was cut off due time issues. All of the forbidden seven have a minimal amount of data, even Mewtwo, Roy and Doc Mario (the ones that have most). They could perfeclty cut Mewtwo off during the process when the ideas for Lucario/Pkmn Trainer comes out. Nobody knows if it was a time related cut.
5 - And You think mewtwo is relevant because of a Project M? Really? You REALLY think nintendo cares about that kind of stuff? C'mom...
6 - Okay, you are being tendentious here. Mewtwo have the most comum special move in Smash bros (Samus and other Two pokemon Share a similar move), and have a move to makes basically the same as jiggly1s sing, Mewtwo UP special is a non damaging version os Zelda's Fafore Wind, he dosen't have a unique moveset at all. Unique movesets are things like Wario, MG&W, R.O.B or IC movesets, Mewtwo moveset is a huddle of other's characters moves. Besides, his movesets Sucks, mewtwo is one of the Worst Characters in Melee.

Mewtwo only chance is a 6th mario rep. End even in this case, I think there are betters reps due mewtwo shallow moveset.
I'm sorry but most of your arguments just don't make sense.
1. He is the strongest Pokemon. This is fact. Him having a Mega Evolution puts his stats above Arceus.
2 & 3. Charizard getting into the game has no negative effect on Mewtwo whatsoever. In fact, the fact that Sakurai kept Charizard who was the most popular only points to him putting in Mewtwo who is arguably as popular as him.
4. Regardless of how little data there was, it still proves he was planned for Brawl.
5. I slightly agree with you on this but then again, I am almost certain Sakurai knows about Project M. There's just too many elements that have translated into Smash 4.
6. Firstly, water shuriken is visually very different and has different properties. Yes they both charge up but so what. That doesn't make them that similar. It's not like comparing charge beam to shadow ball in which they are very similar. Secondly, you're assuming that Sakurai will keep the same moveset he had in Melee when there's no indication he would or wouldn't. And who cares how good he was in Melee. Jiggs was amazing in Melee and sucked *** in brawl. Nothing is set in stone.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Uhhh... ? I play enough to know that he has the highest base stats in the game. GG.

No, Sakurai chose Charizard over Pokemon Trainer and even that may not be true. It's probably more like Gamefreak pushed Charizard over Pokemon Trainer, making Sakurai choose Charizard.

His data was in SSBB. He was planned for SSBB...

Yes. I would like to think that Sakurai is a smart individual. Any smart individual would see Project M, see how well it did, and use it to help their product. That's not a far stretch at all. Don't "come on" me about it. Put some more though into your arguments.

Yes a lot of characters have a similar neutral B move, but Mewtwo's moves like a wave.

Mewtwo's up B is not like Zelda's. It has no charge time and deals no deals no damage. Therefore it is used completely differently.

Mewtwo's side B relfects projectiles and throws character's damaging them and it is semi ranged.

Mewtwo's down B is a ranged stun not like Jigglypuff's sing in the slightest.

Mewtwo's tail provides an extremely different playstyle from other characters A moves.

Pretty unique moveset if you ask me.

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but most of your arguments just don't make sense.
1. He is the strongest Pokemon. This is fact. Him having a Mega Evolution puts his stats above Arceus.
2 & 3. Charizard getting into the game has no negative effect on Mewtwo whatsoever. In fact, the fact that Sakurai kept Charizard who was the most popular only points to him putting in Mewtwo who is arguably as popular as him.
4. Regardless of how little data there was, it still proves he was planned for Brawl.
5. I slightly agree with you on this but then again, I am almost certain Sakurai knows about Project M. There's just too many elements that have translated into Smash 4.
6. Firstly, water shuriken is visually very different and has different properties. Yes they both charge up but so what. That doesn't make them that similar. It's not like comparing charge beam to shadow ball in which they are very similar. Secondly, you're assuming that Sakurai will keep the same moveset he had in Melee when there's no indication he would or wouldn't. And who cares how good he was in Melee. Jiggs was amazing in Melee and sucked *** in brawl. Nothing is set in stone.
Uhhh... ? I play enough to know that he has the highest base stats in the game. GG.

No, Sakurai chose Charizard over Pokemon Trainer and even that may not be true. It's probably more like Gamefreak pushed Charizard over Pokemon Trainer, making Sakurai choose Charizard.

His data was in SSBB. He was planned for SSBB...

Yes. I would like to think that Sakurai is a smart individual. Any smart individual would see Project M, see how well it did, and use it to help their product. That's not a far stretch at all. Don't "come on" me about it. Put some more though into your arguments.

Yes a lot of characters have a similar neutral B move, but Mewtwo's moves like a wave.

Mewtwo's up B is not like Zelda's. It has no charge time and deals no deals no damage. Therefore it is used completely differently.

Mewtwo's side B relfects projectiles and throws character's damaging them and it is semi ranged.

Mewtwo's down B is a ranged stun not like Jigglypuff's sing in the slightest.

Mewtwo's tail provides an extremely different playstyle from other characters A moves.

Pretty unique moveset if you ask me.

He is not The strongest, he just have the greatest TBS. Say hi is strongest because of that is just stupid. A lot f other factors should be considerd.

Charizard and mewtwo are relevant for the same Freaking reasons, use two slots with the same objective dosen't make sense at all.

When I said Mewtwo wasn't planned for brawl? I Said that you don't have proofs to state that he was cut off due time problems. He could have been replaced by other character in the middle of development, Nobody knows.

Exactly what does a 6th playable Mario rep have to do with determining a 6th playable Pokemon rep?

They won't make Pokemon Outnumber Mario in slots. They never did it.
(and for God's Sake, i'm using the term SLOT here).

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Please edit your posts instead of double posting.

They won't make Pokemon Outnumber Mario in slots. They never did it.
(and for God's Sake, i'm using the term SLOT here).
That still doesn't mean he can't have more Pokemon reps than Mario ones.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
OK one thing I will say is that I still don't see how Mario only getting 5 characters means Pokémon can't get 6. The reason for that is because I feel like the other Mario characters like Yoshi STILL KIND OF COUNT. Just because they have spin-off series to make them their own franchises doesn't mean they aren't part of the Mario universe, instead I'd like to argue that it just means Mario is such a far reaching series that its characters can represent their own franchises in and of it self. Especially considering how common it is to see Yoshi in Mario games.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
OK one thing I will say is that I still don't see how Mario only getting 5 characters means Pokémon can't get 6. The reason for that is because I feel like the other Mario characters like Yoshi STILL KIND OF COUNT. Just because they have spin-off series to make them their own franchises doesn't mean they aren't part of the Mario universe, instead I'd like to argue that it just means Mario is such a far reaching series that its characters can represent their own franchises in and of it self. Especially considering how common it is to see Yoshi in Mario games.
That's a good point. I don't like to count Yoshi as a Mario rep, but Yoshi is definitely a Mario character.

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Please edit your posts instead of double posting.

That still doesn't mean he can't have more Pokemon reps than Mario ones.
You are Right, They didn't outnumbered Mario in the three past games, even with pokemon being a giant franchise with a wide number of potential smashers.
But it's not a Rule, right?

And aI already reported my own post and explained to the Staff What happened lol.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
You are Right, They didn't outnumbered Mario in the three past games, even with pokemon being a giant franchise with a wide number of potential smashers.
But it's not a Rule, right?
There are no rules. Sakurai is Sakurai. He's a troll that no one really understands. Is it more likely that Mario will set the max rep count? Maybe, but that doesn't mean that Pokemon can't have more reps.

CalumG

Smash Lord

You were saying?
Hmmm... I don't know. I understand what you're getting at, but trimming clones from the roster isn't really the same thing. Clones come and go, but a series has never had less original movesets than the previous game - the number either goes up, or stays the same. That being said, we don't really have enough games to make a pattern of.

Time will tell, I suppose.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Hmmm... I don't know. I understand what you're getting at, but trimming clones from the roster isn't really the same thing. Clones come and go, but a series has never had less original movesets than the previous game - the number either goes up, or stays the same. That being said, we don't really have enough games to make a pattern of.

Time will tell, I suppose.
Ehhhhh. I don't really know about that. I would say that Mario had more reps in SSBM. If anything I would count doctor mario as a costume, but he was slightly different than Mario according to the coding so....

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
There are no rules. Sakurai is Sakurai. He's a troll that no one really understands. Is it more likely that Mario will set the max rep count? Maybe, but that doesn't mean that Pokemon can't have more reps.
I'v already said that like a million times. It's not a Rule, but is a Trend and everybody knows that.

Anyone want bet? I bet the number of Pokemons Slot will not outnumber Mario.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Why exactly are we comparing the number of Pokemon slots with Super Mario slots?

I mean using the inclusion of a 6th Mario rep to determine the likelyhood of the addition of 6th Pokemon rep just doesn't make any sense.

Wouldn't it be more better to just wait and see what future announcements or even by the time the 3DS version comes out?

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Why exactly are we comparing the number of Pokemon slots with Super Mario slots?

Wouldn't it be more better to just wait and see what future announcements or even by the time the 3DS version comes out?
Eh, then there would not really be a point to the thread would there?

D

Deleted member

You were saying?
Dr. Mario was a last minute addition in Melee that was a clone.

Pokémon is a franchise that has a plethora of fighting characters; the same one that managed to jump two characters despite two cuts. Mewtwo is also the most wanted character for this game (even Mega Man was less wanted), is highly relevant to Pokemon overall (and still to this day) and even has Sakurai hinting at Mewtwo's return.

I see no reason for us to lose a character with Pokemon.
I still think that there is a possibility that a 5th and even a 6th playable character could still happen. So who knows?
Honestly, getting six Pokémon characters should be obvious.
The Only Chance of a 6th playable pokemon is if there is a 6th playable Mario representant too.
Since when did Sakurai consider keeping franchises proportional due to sales?
Why Gekkouga and not Pikachuu, Lizardon, Rukario, Purin, Myuutsuu?

Anyway I could see either way how roster work, be it slots or character count. With Jigglypuff or Mewtwo in we'd already have one more slot than Melee and Brawl, that's good enough for "minimum" number of slots of Pokemon. I'd see 8 as absolute max, with both Mewtwo and Jigg in, plus Ivysaur and Squirtle.

I'm saying only 5 slots is a possibility, maybe because Pokemon Trainer somehow managed to take up too much resources than needed, as Sakurai saw it as taking up 3 characters and he decided to not repeat the history with it ever again.
Because Gekkouga sounds cooler than Greninja.:awesome:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Why You are so Stubborn?

We have THREE smash bros and Pokemon NEVER ounumberd Mario slots.

AND pokemon have potential to have a larger number os slots than mario since ever, but they NEVER let it happen.

Mewtwo not gonna happen. His Trumph cards are gone by now.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Why You are so Stubborn?

AND pokemon have potential to have a larger number os slots than mario since ever, but they NEVER let it happen.

So it's completely reasonable to believe that a roster that will likely increase its amount of characters will have LESS Pokémon characters? Seriously, I don't even think Sakurai cares about this artificial importance of slots, doesn't Sakurai consider Brawl to have 39 characters or am I just imagining things?

(Also I refer to my comment before about some of the spin-off Mario characters still sort of count as Mario representation, especially Yoshi. Seriously, the first Yoshi's island was also referred to as Super Mario World 2)

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
Can't you understand that if the number os slots was not relevant, pokemon would outnumbered mario a long time ago?

And, forgeting abour this. Right now, With 2 gen 1 pokemon (excluding obvious Jigglypuff) and 2 mega evolution pokemon, What the **** will be mewtwo relevance in the roster?

They just can't add characters like that without any kind of priority! Sakurai have another franchises to work on, and probably a restrict number os characters due some limitations.

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Why You are so Stubborn?

Yeah Mewtwo's gonna happen.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Can't you understand that if the number os slots was not relevant, pokemon would outnumbered mario a long time ago?

And, forgeting abour this. Right now, With 2 gen 1 pokemon (excluding obvious Jigglypuff) and 2 mega evolution pokemon, What the **** will be mewtwo relevance in the roster?

They just can't add characters like that without any kind of priority! Sakurai have another franchises to work on, and probably a restrict number os characters due some limitations.
No, I can't, because there were reasons the amount of characters I MEAN SLOTS pokémon got in brawl made sense, in the same vein there are reasons six pokémon slots in smash 4 makes sense. I'm not going to sit here and believe Mewtwo was cut because Sakurai thought having more Pokémon than Mario characters was a huge problem. I'm also not going to believe that Sakurai won't add Mewtwo because they would take up more slots than Mario characters (again I don't even agree with 5 being the upper limit set by Mario characters because a lot of other characters especially Yoshi are characters that originate from the Mario Universe, still have a place in the mario universe, but simply had spin-off series that made them deserving of their own symbol.) While there are admittedly reasons to believe Mewtwo won't make it, the use of slots as a reasoning for Sakurai not considering him is ****ING STUPID.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
One would think that after Sakurai pours hundreds of hours into developing characters, he'd give a flying damn about SLOTS?

If he always followed the "never has been" logic, then Kirby reps would've still be the same as DK reps in Brawl as they had before (1), or surely, we're getting a new Star Fox character because there's never been a new SSB game without a new Starfox character.

Things change. Bowser's moveset changed. 3rd parties were included, breaking a trend of no 3rd parties for Brawl.
Sakurai can build his game however he feels like building it.
There's no words I have for how... ridiculously trivial is the number of slots on the character select screen. Or how many each franchise takes, regarding slots.
Especially now that transformations are gone. The whole game's roster will NOT be based on wether the character select screen looks nice and square. Sakurai CLEARLY stated that he'd try not to cut characters.
Game Freaks might be picky about who gets in or doesn't get in. But I'm almost completely sure that they wouldn't be against more characters.

That's all I have to say. People thinking they got Sakurai figured out, especially believing that he locks into traditions, it's just sad. I just want to remind everyone that Brawl itself broke a lot of traditions. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom