• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Battle! Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

Which Pokemon deserves a Brawl spot the most?

• Lucario

Votes: 1,019 32.2%
  • Blaziken

Votes: 327 10.3%
  • Deoxys

Votes: 175 5.5%
  • Meowth

Votes: 239 7.5%
  • Dragonite

Votes: 128 4.0%
  • Charizard

Votes: 155 4.9%
  • Scizor

Votes: 156 4.9%
  • Hitmonlee

Votes: 106 3.3%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 70 2.2%
  • Cubone / Marowak

Votes: 131 4.1%
  • Sandshrew / Sandslash

Votes: 61 1.9%
  • Pichu Bros. / Plusle and Minun

Votes: 120 3.8%
  • Eevee and evolutions

Votes: 147 4.6%
  • Gengar

Votes: 180 5.7%
  • Farfetch'd (How'd he get here, chi?)

Votes: 152 4.8%

• Total voters

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, there seems to have been a huge Lucario debate. . . wish my comp connection wasn't soo crappy right now so I could have seen the all the fun.

Well, I fully support Lucario. . . .as a pokeball pokemon. As a character? Naaaaayy, no reason for that to happen imo.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
Personally I've been playing with an idea in my head. I remembered how Ditto was a 'playable' Character in the tournament modes of Melee, and i thought it would be cool to put him over the random button.

The difference being that Ditto on the stage would be a new character at the beginning and every time the halo brought him back. So you got a Random character to start, say Mario, then you die and you come back as Pit, etc. until the end of the match.

Personally I feel it would be awesome, since it helps the ADD kids and since I used random to give less proficient players an upper hand against me. The only argument against it is on a competitive scale, since anything Luck based is usually tossed out. However Brawl is designed more for a casual audience, and it isn't a luck based that is random, such as explosive crates, but more a self imposed handicap to flaunt your master versus mode skills.

Since i don't want Brawl to take longer then it is, just sharing my thoughts on something that has been in my head for a while.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
More than anything, I think he's just overrated and overhyped
Overhyped definitely.

I've seen people say he's one of the most likely (like in the top 5) newcomers.

I think "How is that?" Sakurai has given no indication of having any interest in Lucario.

DarkVision

Smash Journeyman
i dont need no **** evidence!

just guess i suppose.....he is like a popular pokemon this days along with most of this new gen pokemon
Popular with mostly little tiny kids who probably never played Red and Blue and are easily influenced by the friggin' over hype he receives. He's a cool pokemon but not deserving of the over attention he receives and definitely has nothing on Mewtwo

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Bickering about Lucario isn't going to convince Sakurai to add him to the roster. The way I figure it the roster is already done by now. I assume it takes months to program a character into a fighting game. They delayed Brawl to iron out some of the finer details. Most likely the Wi-fi.

Lucario Fanboys/girls and people who despise him for no real reason arguing over his inclusion is dumb. Just agree to disagree.

I really think we need a new poll. Since PT is in Charizard doesn't need to be up there. Meowth is a Pokéball, Cubone is in the background. Maybe we could compile a list of Pokémon that are likely at this point. Assuming that there is another character after Jiggs and Mewtwo. They will return. I'm sure of that.

I can see the possibility for Lucario, Blaziken, Porygon-Z, Darkrai, Plusle & Minun, The Pichu Brothers, and Dragonite.

Sandwich

Smash Ace
I feel that chances of Pokemon should be this:

1. Mudkip

2. Mudkip

3. Scizor

4. Mudkip

5. Mudkip

6. More mudkipz

7. Ampharos

7. Mudkip

9. Mudkip

10. Tie between Lucario and....Mudkip.

Black/Light

Smash Master
fanboys/girls will ALWAYS root for there favorite. which happens to be lucario in this thread
Theres a grave difference between "rooting for your fav" and being a fanboy. Fanboys don't "root for their fav", they act like fanboys. . . .which is on an whole other level then rooting.

rayecho

Smash Ace
Theres a grave difference between "rooting for your fav" and being a fanboy. Fanboys don't "root for their fav", they act like fanboys. . . .which is on an whole other level then rooting.
would it help if i said cheer. and what is your definition of a "Fanboy"?

Black/Light

Smash Master
would it help if i said cheer. and what is your definition of a "Fanboy"?
What is a fanboy to me?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanboy

Fanboy is a pejorative term used to describe an individual (usually male; the feminine version fangirl may be used for females) who is utterly devoted to a single fannish subject, or to a single point of view within that subject, often to the point where it is considered an obsession. Fanboys remain loyal to their particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view.

Fanboys are noted for a very emotional attachment to their chosen subject, often taking negative remarks about it as a personal attack. They will readily engage in debates, but will fall back on emotional responses when challenged on facts. For example, a fanboy may go out of his way to point out negative and often untrue statements about their obsession's rivals. Fanboys are often hostile towards critical review of their chosen subject.

Fanboys are also typically aggressive and hateful towards the opposing brand or competition of their obsession regardless of its merits or achievements etc etc etc
I have seen crap loads of these kind of people when it comes to a few select characters. . . Geno/ Ridley and Lucario.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The movie is just one indication that Gamefreak likes him.
. . .How?

What, are you now claiming that gamefreak favors him as a pokemon and are not just useing him as a promo-pokey?:ohwell:

Fell off the deep end I see. . .

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Kaid black/light has a solid point. Gamefreak and its moives are intended to promote new pokemon in hopes of them gettting popular not because they like him. Like i believe in pokemon advance not once did they show lucriao except for in the opening were you only see the silohette. Am i rite Black/light?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Kaid black/light has a solid point. Gamefreak and its moives are intended to promote new pokemon in hopes of them gettting popular not because they like him. Like i believe in pokemon advance not once did they show lucriao except for in the opening were you only see the silohette. Am i rite Black/light?
Umm, I believe that that was the year the Lucario and Mew movie came out and they where both in on scene in one part of the opening theme along with Deoxy and his forms.

That shadow figure was Mewtwo with a cloak over him.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Lucario's role in the newest opening kind of reminds me of another Pokemon.

In this current opening, you see Lucario standing among Palkia and Dialga.

Kinda like how in Pokemon Advance Generation's first opening, you see Absol standing among Latios and Latias.

Omgz. Absol for Brawl.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
. . .How?

What, are you now claiming that gamefreak favors him as a pokemon and are not just useing him as a promo-pokey?:ohwell:

Fell off the deep end I see. . .
Lucario would probably just be another random Pokemon if they didn't have Shogakun or whoever produces the anime make a movie of him.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Lucario would probably just be another random Pokemon if they didn't have Shogakun or whoever produces the anime make a movie of him.
Um. I don't understand. So why aren't people considering Manaphy or Darkrai for Brawl then? They've got even more special things about them than Lucario. Manaphy is the first "legendary" to be able to breed to make another new Pokemon. Plus, it isn't even the Mew of the fourth gen, Shaymin is. Pokemon Movie 9 also did better than Movie 8, anyhow. And Darkrai's movie has also surpassed Lucario's in terms of box office sales, and it's popular too. Even with Manaphy's special way of getting into D/P (through Pokemon Ranger) and the awesome nightmare plot of Darkrai, no one wants to consider those two.

onii-chan

Smash Ace
Um. I don't understand. So why aren't people considering Manaphy or Darkrai for Brawl then? They've got even more special things about them than Lucario. Manaphy is the first "legendary" to be able to breed to make another new Pokemon. Plus, it isn't even the Mew of the fourth gen, Shaymin is. Pokemon Movie 9 also did better than Movie 8, anyhow. And Darkrai's movie has also surpassed Lucario's in terms of box office sales, and it's popular too. Even with Manaphy's special way of getting into D/P (through Pokemon Ranger) and the awesome nightmare plot of Darkrai, no one wants to consider those two.
no one considers them because that means that they are not popular with people...and darkrai to me is a wanna be mewtwo trying to be evil and all

Top Bottom