• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Badges: Hoenn badges and Kanto Rerun

Which of the following badges would you be interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay, so I'm bracing to start Johto here in a few days! The guy I had help with art seems to be on vacation or something, so if some brave person here wants to chip in, I'd throw like free shipping their way or something!

And if anyone knows of a good place for me to take a few sets to sell on the east coast, be it a tourney for something or a convention, please let me know! (and yeah, that does mean I have sets left over! They'll be more expensive, but at least you still have a shot at them!)

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Neither am I.

However, I posted pictures of the badges on my Facebook, and 3 of my friends are really interested in getting a Kanto set, one in particular who primarily wants the Cascade Badge as she's a Misty nut. People on Bulbagarden are interested in a Kanto set too, but I have bias toward my friends and want them to get them first, lol. But they're your badges, so you can auction them off.

Problem is though, they don't have SWF accounts, and it doesn't look like they want to get one. So connecting with them could be an issue. Maybe MSN would work.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure one of the three lives on the East coast, maybe two. I know for sure that one lives in Mexico though.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
(and yeah, that does mean I have sets left over! They'll be more expensive, but at least you still have a shot at them!)
I interpreted that as he had extras left over.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Oh, and I'll be bringing all the sets to Pound if anyone's interested in picking one up!

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Johto is officially underway! Whooooooa!

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think you should keep the badges the same size so that all sets will be uniform. I'll buy them either way but I think they look great the way they are now.

It's too bad Johto's badges are so plain. Hoenn has a pretty amazing set of badges in comparison.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Right now the plan is to shrink the more circular Johto designs to 1.25 inches and leave the rest at 1.5, as kinda a middle ground to keep everyone happy.

And yeah, I agree about Johto's badges, they're honestly my leave favorites of the gens haha (except for the Zephyr badge, gotta love that one). Hoenn is probably my favorite.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Hey doesn't mean I don't like them, they're just not my favorites haha.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Right now the plan is to shrink the more circular Johto designs to 1.25 inches and leave the rest at 1.5, as kinda a middle ground to keep everyone happy.

And yeah, I agree about Johto's badges, they're honestly my leave favorites of the gens haha (except for the Zephyr badge, gotta love that one). Hoenn is probably my favorite.
My thought's exactly.

'hmm Zephyr badge is cool, hive badges is ok, everything else is pretty blah but Claire's badge is alright'

I like the Hoenn and Sinnoh badges. I think the gold outline on the Unova badges is what makes them look weird.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
And I'll do the same on Bulbagarden.

I was just waiting for the second set to kick off, lol.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Man Johto is looking like its going to go awesomely so far haha

Please do Tamoo!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why are some badges shrunk / enlarged? None of them are nearly as small as the Earth Badge, at a glance.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
A lot of people thought that the Kanto badges were too big, so as a middle ground I shrunk the rounder designs slightly and left the narrower ones at 1.5 inches.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Will the Hive Badge look weird next to the Marsh Badge, then?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I don't think the size difference will be hugely noticeable.

And yep. they are booooring. I may spruce them up like I did the cascade badge last time

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I myself thought the badges were appropriately shaped. It may look weird to me to see the Glacier Badge and the Hive Badge and particularly the Mineral Badge smaller in comparison. Maybe popular opinion will affect the size later on.

btw, I'm calling the thread on BMGF "Glyph's Badge Shop - Bulbagarden Branch" and linking this thread on there, so you may get new members coming here directly.

The Mineral Badge and the Plain Badge do look that way. The Plain Badge can get away with it due it being the Plain Badge, but the Mineral Badge does seem a tad bland.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Right now! Orders are open until April 15th!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
It seems like I'm completely incapable of editing posts in that forum though, which sucks. I'll have to find some way to circumvent that.

Top Bottom