• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokemon Badges: Hoenn badges and Kanto Rerun

Which of the following badges would you be interested in?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
What would you say is your max cost Seph?

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Haha, well if we get enough people the price will come down. $40 for what is essentially a "limited edition" item is pretty freaking sweet. I paid 75$ for some stuffed Yoshis that I thought were cute but I probably have a bigger budget than some of you guys. $40 would be sweet but honestly if the lowest you could get them was $100 I would probably still buy them.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Chill you are awesome, though right now with 8 people the projected cost is already under $100 thankfully ($82 to be exact!)

And Shimazu, I'm also doing individual badges so you should be able to get what you want :)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright, with everyone who is involved, how much is a set vs how much is 1 badge?

Wish we could do GEn 2 badges.

Rising Badge <3
I might do a set once you price it up (I want a comparison), otherwise, Earth Badge. (And if that's the badge you don't wanna do, Volcano)

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay, I went ahead and did the current numbers because I realized that with the individual badges in there too, the price for sets should go down some

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS BASED OFF OF BOTH POLLS COMBINED.I did NOT count people who's names were already in the OP (I essentially added 8 to all the totals afterwards because of this), nor did I count the second vote of those who voted twice.

Please remember that this is the current best case scenario, and I am assuming everyone who voted will pay. This is not a guarantee of course. Another thing you should note is that this is not the final price. It may still go lower yet. Oh, and I decided to make more Earth Badges! I'm thinking 20 atm, but if demand goes up I'll raise that as well. I wish I had put a poll option for it now ha

That being said, the current prices with all votes and sets:
Boulder Badge: $6.50 per badge
Cascade Badge: $4.69 per badge
Thunder Badge: $4.42 per badge
Raindow Badge*: $4.84 per badge
Soul Badge: $4.84 per badge
Marsh Badge: $6.89 per badge (no one loves Marsh Badge haha)
Volcano Badge: $4.30 per badge
Earth Badge: $5.00 per badge

Set: $41.45 for all badges

*For the Rainbow Badge, this price is probably slightly lower than it should be, though the exact amount is not yet known to me

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'd buy 2 Earth Badges. :] I'd neeed to mail you money though, unless you can wait aweekish, cause ina week I think I can make a paypal

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'd buy 2 Earth Badges. :] I'd neeed to mail you money though, unless you can wait aweekish, cause ina week I think I can make a paypal
I'm not even planning on accepting money/ordering til after Christmas (unless everyone is against that), so that we can all get that nice little boost in revenue from parents/relatives

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Ah XD. Well in that case I may buy a set. But Idk for sure. Me and my gf want some badges :3

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
^ Ah XD. Well in that case I may buy a set. But Idk for sure. Me and my gf want some badges :3
Awesome, if you decide you're interested in one (or two...), just let me know and I'll put you in the OP

I has interest in a set.
Awesome :) Added to the OP

I expect nothing less from Lt. Surge

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It'd be pretty bad if I don't have my own badge. Worst comes to worst, I'll at least get the thunderbadge.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Okay, sweet. With GwJumpman getting a set the new cost for a set would be $39.90

Slowly getting down there!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I would do 2 entire set's and give people badges for beating me with any Pokemon against MY PT

now if i can only find one of those cool cases that ash always had in the shows...lol

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I would do 2 entire set's and give people badges for beating me with any Pokemon against MY PT

now if i can only find one of those cool cases that ash always had in the shows...lol
Man, that is an awesome idea haha. Oh, and I've been thinking of looking into cases as well, though I haven't gotten around to it just yet

Tamoo

Smash Master
****ing YES I want a set!!!!

Man this looks awesome, if i could have chosen just a single, it would've been the earth badge but a whole set is waaaay too good to turn down! Already got a paypal account, i'm more than ready to pay up to 30 pounds for this (I'm guessing thats around 50 dollars) and understand shipping to england may cost more

And i trust you enough to pay up front, moderators are usually trustworthy and sound in judgement

Maybe if this is a success delve into sets from different gens?

And to help you out, i'm gonna advertise this amongst my friends who are into pokemon, hopefully drum up a bit of interest and get the

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
30 pounds is like $47, so you were pretty much spot on with your guess! And yes it'll be a bit pricey to ship overseas, but nothing impossible I'm sure

With Tamoo added to the list, the price falls to $39.05 (though I remind you that's still assuming everyone who voted is still interested)

Oh, and as for other gens I haven't really thought about it. Its definitely a possibility, but I'm going to focus on these for the time being

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have to tell you I'm interested in the whole set? Jeez, what do you want from me? :U

A case wouldn't be too hard to make. Find some case 5 x 8 inches, get a piece of black felt, some foam on the bottom of the case with small indents where the back things of the pins would be.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Wave you've done all I want for now <3

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Awesome Stockfield! I made of a note of it in the OP, but also only assumed you'd only get one for my calculations.

Current projected prices:
Boulder Badge: $5.62 per badge
Cascade Badge: $4.10 per badge
Thunder Badge: $3.76 per badge
Raindow Badge*: $3.76 per badge
Soul Badge: $4.10 per badge
Marsh Badge: $5.62 per badge
Volcano Badge: $3.69 per badge
Earth Badge: $4.20 per badge

Set: $34.82 for all badges

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Awesome awesome. I'm bringing it up more with my IRL friends too haha

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Awesome Stockfield! I made of a note of it in the OP, but also only assumed you'd only get one for my calculations.

Current projected prices:
Boulder Badge: $5.62 per badge
Cascade Badge: $4.10 per badge
Thunder Badge: $3.76 per badge
Raindow Badge*: $3.76 per badge
Soul Badge: $4.10 per badge
Marsh Badge: $5.62 per badge
Volcano Badge: $3.69 per badge
Earth Badge: $4.20 per badge

Set: $34.82 for all badges
Where do these estimates come from? :o

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmm... I wanna get the thunder badge...

But by paying the money up front you mean transfer money from one account to the other with paypal or something?

Or you mean actually MAIL you the money? Because if it's the latter, I don't think I can do that. Not to say I don't trust you. It's my parents that don't trust me sending money to some random stranger... sorry bro

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I'd buy the whole set, no doubt. Just, I have no money at the moment, as summer is done. I know at the moment you're looking for more people who are interested, but how long from now are you looking at before you get these done?

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Fuel, I'm accepting any kind of money so long as its legal tender (probably at least. I mean I see no reason to not, other than i'll have to do some transfers to my bank account before I pay for the badges haha)

And Leafybug, I'm not even going to start collecting money until after Christmas (or around that time at least) so don't worry about being short on funds right now

Okay, now here's how I'm getting these numbers

Each badge costs $70 to set up the machine that makes them, plus $1.50 per badge desired

So the cost of each can be represented by [70 + 1.5X] / X where X = number of people interested in that particular badge.

For example, last I checked there were a total of 27 people interested in the Cascade badge (remember I have 2 polls open, and take into account the people who say they want sets)
So [70 + 1.5(27)] / 27 = 4.0925, which I round up to $4.10 because I'm such a mean guy

Make sense?

Oh, and the Set value is just all of those added together

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
While that would get us a whole lot of people, it'd also get us a whole lot of trolls.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I was actually talking to a friend yesterday who suggested something similar, but the issue there is I'd have zero credibility there, and I HAVE to ask for the money up front.

I'm not opposed to doing that (or on like Serebii or a site like that), but I'd need people that have been on those sites for a long time (preferably someone who'd been a mod at some point; well known in the community) to back me up

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Serebiiforums has an incredibly strict advertising system, so I doubt you're going to get much headway there if you try to say what you're doing there.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I'm not heartbroken, if it stays localized on SWF that's completely fine with me.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
^^^ That is a really good idea

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And then run around Serebii spamming threads

Well maybe less spam and more constructive posting