• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokéswapping (Wi-Fi Trading Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I've just got Pokemon Pearl, and I was wondering what a good team of starters would be.

Currently I have=
Monferno
Budew
Magikarp
Kricketot
Machop
Zubat

Which one of these would be worth keeping, and which should I replace with other Pokemon?

I'm having trouble fining good places to level the majority of these up (apart from Monferno and Budew) and I am currently at the first gym.
I would get rid of all but Monferno and Zubat. :/ Shinx, Starly, and Onix would be better. A Grass type better than Budew that you can get early on would be, hmm...

...On second thought, there aren't any early Grass types. Eh. Keep raising Magikarp, I guess.

karpkarpkarpsplashkarp

:059:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I would get rid of all but Monferno and Zubat. :/ Shinx, Starly, and Onix would be better. A Grass type better than Budew that you can get early on would be, hmm...

...On second thought, there aren't any early Grass types. Eh. Keep raising Magikarp, I guess.

karpkarpkarpsplashkarp

:059:
Thank you.

I may keep Budew for the time being, and I'm going to give Machop some HM's.

I'm thinking of Buizel instead of Kricketot, but I had no idea Zubat was useful.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Q:
i read online that pokemon lose their EV when they are put inside the computer... is this true?

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Haven't been on the competitive scene in a while, and I couldn't find a quick answer on Smogon, but has Skymin been classified yet? Don't think I saw it in OU/Uber/UU lists, and it looks like the BL list got cleared out too.

WouW

Smash Lord
All of BL has temporarily been moved to UU for testing which Pokés are BL and which are not. Skymin is currently banned to Ubers IIRC (but doesn't have a description yet) and will soon be retested because of extremely close votes (51% Uber) I think.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
I use the berries to lower unwanted EVs, but does the pokemon stop eating the berries once it's EVs hits zero?
Yes. If your Pokemon is at 6 EVs in a stat (berries lower the stats by 10), your Pokemon will still eat it and have 0 EVs afterwards. Then it will stop eating berries. 11 berries of each kind will guarantee that your Pokemon will have 0 EVs in all stats.

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Yes. If your Pokemon is at 6 EVs in a stat (berries lower the stats by 10), your Pokemon will still eat it and have 0 EVs afterwards. Then it will stop eating berries. 11 berries of each kind will guarantee that your Pokemon will have 0 EVs in all stats.
Wait, im trying to erase my snorlax's EVs.... do i just feed him any berries and they start to lower?

Enoc.gt

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3263 7934 7408
Pomeg Berry - A Poffin ingredient. Using it on a Pokémon makes it more friendly, but it also lowers its base HP.

is that what this is talking about? base HP meaning the EVs?

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
I have advanced technical questions.

Should one use Protect, will an opposing Focus Punch hit one?

" " " " " " " " " Me First " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "?

" " " " " " " " " Mirror Move " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "?

" " " " " " " " " Sucker Punch " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " " "?

WouW

Smash Lord
These are just speculations. I am not 100% sure that those are right.

No.

I think Focus Punch has decreased priority, and Me First can therefore steal it and use it before the other. Not sure though.

Depends if the last move from the FPer was attacking or defending.

No. Sucker Punch will hit and Focus Punch will fail.

A_man13

Smash Master

None of the above would work. Protect blocks everything, Me first and mirror move should have an affect if they are faster, and sucker punch is a gueranteed fail for FP.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I has question :D

In regards to team building with IV's. I read that breeding is the best was to get high IV's. Is this accurate? And correct me on things that I screw up on, but this is how I try to get max stats.

Breed til I get the nature that I want in a female, then breed her with an everstone. Spend forever and boxes of eggs trying to find the one with the best IV's through using rare candy on every single one. A very agonizing process.

WouW

Smash Lord

In regards to team building with IV's. I read that breeding is the best was to get high IV's. Is this accurate? And correct me on things that I screw up on, but this is how I try to get max stats.

Breed til I get the nature that I want in a female, then breed her with an everstone. Spend forever and boxes of eggs trying to find the one with the best IV's through using rare candy on every single one. A very agonizing process.
IVs are ALWAYS random, but breeding is the easiest (or only) way to get masses of the same Poké.

If you think that is agonizing, just go catch them all in the wild. That is even more agonizing.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
None of the above would work. Protect blocks everything, Me first and mirror move should have an affect if they are faster, and sucker punch is a gueranteed fail for FP.
Mirror move would succeed, but would only copy Focus Punch if it was used the turn before, as the negative priority would cause Mirror Move to go first.

Me First should theoretically work, but Im not certain how it is affected by Priority so im not sure.

Sucker Punch would succeed as Focus Punch is a normal damaging move, just a negative priority one.

You don't have to use Rare Candies, you can just put the pokemon in a daycare center until it's reached a certain level.

Nike.

Smash Hero
So IV's is purely luck? Im just trying to make sure. I know Umbreon gets stuff with every IV stat 30+, but I find it hard to believe that pure luck is behind that. Theres GOTTA be another way.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Well the better the parents for said BP is the higher chance you have of getting something good the full chances I remember seeing somewhere on smogon

c0nd0r

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I want a good wish passer for my stall team, preferably something not weak to fighting or electric (already biggish weaknesses), and not blissey, since I already have an aromatherapy one.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Could someone please rank these Eevee evolutions in order of best to worse please?

-Umbreon
- Espeon
- Glaceon
- Leafeon

I have the original 3 on Leaf Green.

It's just that I always like to have an Eevee evolution in my team, and although I have Umbreon and Espeon on Colosseum, I never got chance to use them to their full potential, due to me spamming Psychic for the whole game :laugh:.

WouW

Smash Lord
Could someone please rank these Eevee evolutions in order of best to worse please?

-Umbreon
- Espeon
- Glaceon
- Leafeon

I have the original 3 on Leaf Green.

It's just that I always like to have an Eevee evolution in my team, and although I have Umbreon and Espeon on Colosseum, I never got chance to use them to their full potential, due to me spamming Psychic for the whole game :laugh:.
-Umbreon
-Espeon
-Leafeon
-Glaceon

Wii4Mii 99

Smash Lord
(For any of you who visit Smogon daily)

All those BL Pokemon that are now UU...isn't this just temporary for testing and whatnot?

'Cause I don't want to make an UU team and then a couple weeks later have all my Pokes become BL. D:

WouW

Smash Lord
It's temporary testing which BL/UU pokes are UU and which are BL.

Just wait for a few weeks/months/whatever-Smogon-is-planning until they remade the BL and UU tiers.

TTTempesTTT

Smash Rookie
OK i have a bigg problem ...i have good pokemon but need to get online and forgot my WEP code for my wireless router ..can anyone tell me how to find my WEP code

SOME of my pokemon are
-Machoke
-Alakazam
-kadabra
-gengar
-Empoleon
-Garydos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom