• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Ultra Sun/Moon - Edwguard F SSBB Mods

jaystring

Smash Ace

Now, I'm working on the regular, imported by DSX8. Adding the scn0 settings from the omega and making the new shadows models for the character shadows.
Could you take the opportunity to officially fix the spring in the middle of the map as well!?

I've had the Floating Spring problem too and while the official suggested fix in the read me was to delete them, I've actually managed to successfully fix them by making a simple 1 frame animation and just putting their position in the animation.

I can send you my pac file tonight if you want to look at it!

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Could you take the opportunity to officially fix the spring in the middle of the map as well!?

I've had the Floating Spring problem too and while the official suggested fix in the read me was to delete them, I've actually managed to successfully fix them by making a simple 1 frame animation and just putting their position in the animation.

I can send you my pac file tonight if you want to look at it!
Yep, I forgot the position issue of the springs... I'll fix it but sure, you can send me the pac ;)

Inquirer

Smash Cadet
Is it me or is it somehow too easy to get stuck underneath the main platform on Gaur Plains omega when you try to recover? Not complaining or anything just wondering.

Also, on a side note, the stage looks and feels awesome. Good work (and DSX8)!

jaystring

Smash Ace
as requested, here's my personal fixed version for the floating spring bug

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wyijk83k...ing floating spring and lighting fix.rar?dl=0

you'll notice the added "AnmChr(NW4R)" folder in the modelData with the springs. I've added a 1 frame animation and animated the "rootJoint" bones of the springs to the exact position where dsx8 placed them (I had to rename some stuff if I remember as well because if each bones didn't have a unique name, the animation wouldn't work).

I also have your omega version lighting in it. it's missing the cloud animation fix and the shadows (which I still need to learn how to do! i've not played a lot with stages yet)

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
as requested, here's my personal fixed version for the floating spring bug

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wyijk83kendu5r/Gaur Plain jaystring floating spring and lighting fix.rar?dl=0

you'll notice the added "AnmChr(NW4R)" folder in the modelData with the springs. I've added a 1 frame animation and animated the "rootJoint" bones of the springs to the exact position where dsx8 placed them (I had to rename some stuff if I remember as well because if each bones didn't have a unique name, the animation wouldn't work).

I also have your omega version lighting in it. it's missing the cloud animation fix and the shadows (which I still need to learn how to do! i've not played a lot with stages yet)
Thanks!! I will update the stage soon

Now I show you other WIP

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Good news guys! Finally, I completed the shadows for Battlefield

And It goes over STGBATTLEFIELD.pac so the shadows will change their position like the original Battlefield

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman

And It goes over STGBATTLEFIELD.pac so the shadows will change their position like the original Battlefield
Oh yes! This looks much better than the version I have. Good work.

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice

Is there anything else you need to do with this stage? Like the Omega Form?

Last edited:

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
Is there anything else you need to do with this stage? Like the Omega Form?
Well, the omega has a fast day time, so the scn0 drops to 5400 frames. But this isn't difficult to change, although I have to fix some background issues and change the fogs.

I think that I 'll upload Siege Castle Omega Normal and Twilight version today.

Last edited:

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
Well, the omega has a fast day time, so the scn0 drops to 5400 frames. But this isn't difficult to change, although I have to fix some background issues and change the fogs.

I think that I 'll upload Siege Castle Omega Normal and Twilight version today.
I would like to download Castle Siege Omega.

jaystring

Smash Ace
That's True. What would SSB4 Shader look like?
To be honest, I don't think anything in Brawl will ever make the game look like SSB4.

SSB4, on top of clearly having a different art style with more colored texture and less texture detail (the cartoony "nintendo look"), SSB4 also use shaders and a lighting system that support normal maps (Brawl doesn't have them at all) and every object in SSB4 has a specular map (hidden in the normal map alpha channel). Brawl support specular map but they can't be used that much because of the too agressive file size.

Brawl could probably look reeaaally nice with good AO and Bloom but it will never look like SSB4 shader and lighting wise.

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I don't think anything in Brawl will ever make the game look like SSB4.

SSB4, on top of clearly having a different art style with more colored texture and less texture detail (the cartoony "nintendo look"), SSB4 also use shaders and a lighting system that support normal maps (Brawl doesn't have them at all) and every object in SSB4 has a specular map (hidden in the normal map alpha channel). Brawl support specular map but they can't be used that much because of the too agressive file size.

Brawl could probably look reeaaally nice with good AO and Bloom but it will never look like SSB4 shader and lighting wise.
I agree with you and Nanobuds Nanobuds about this.

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
It's almost finished, with all the models from smash U. I'll upload the stage this week and hope that I could include the omega version as well...

bngmn

Smash Cadet
What is different between this one and the original?
Also any updates on battlefield?

Edwguard Flows

Smash Apprentice
What is different between this one and the original?
Also any updates on battlefield?
Bridge of Eldin (Smash U) is more contrasted; it use new models, has better textures, color nodes and more polygons in the models. I imported that models with new lighting, fog, character shadows. Specular effect was added on the stone of the bridge, like the wiiU version.

A comparison images here: http://imgur.com/a/s5mbO

Battlefiled U need more work... I'm a perfeccionist xDDD

Obskore

Smash Ace
Bridge of Eldin (Smash U) is more contrasted; it use new models, has better textures, color nodes and more polygons in the models. I imported that models with new lighting, fog, character shadows. Specular effect was added on the stone of the bridge, like the wiiU version.

A comparison images here: http://imgur.com/a/s5mbO

Battlefiled U need more work... I'm a perfeccionist xDDD
for a moment there i thought that you meant you used the models and textures from Twilight Princess HD lol

Top Bottom