• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Channel: Pikachu Video Archives and Critque Thread

Pogoshark

Diddy-Strong
NNID
Pogoshark
Hey guys, I'm back for some advice.
I have been trying to decide on a main for a while now and I cant decide between Pika or Yoshi.
Ive been playing Yoshi for about 2 days and Pika for about 5, I find them kind of similar in the way that they play a zoning game with their projectiles, but I am losing more often than not with both characters.
Here's a clip from today, I lost my footage of some better games (typical capture cards) but this one was all right.
any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
If I was good I'd critique these videos. You seemed to be playing fine in that video though. We have a skype group that's kind of active if you want to join that. You're more likely to get advice there than here.

Babar-Thorbald

Smash Apprentice
Hi, I just uploaded the whole set of Heracross vs Abadango in the Cannes Winter Clash (a big a$$ french tournament with some international players such as Mr R, Abadango or Marcbri.
Heracross is one of the best pikachu players in France and I thought the set might be interesting for you guys (he doesn't have a smashboards acc, so if you have any questions and he keeps being lazy, I can answer in his stead.
note: Heracross is the only player, besides Mr R, who could take one game off Abadango during the whole tournament.

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Last edited:

Kenrawr

Smash Master
I really wish GIMR would (could? he's a busy man) upload matches sooner. That one is actually from over a month ago.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
Warning Received
I decided to upload some matches from my replays. I think you'll like them!
My Pikachu Training Day series has returned onto the Wii U.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so8O29UXWwU

Its been a few months since i last uploaded (i can only play smash on the weekend, as my real life job is very demanding), so i choose some interesting matches.

Tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dashie

Smash Cadet
Oh look an ESAM upload I missed.
I'll be sure to post a replay of myself if I end up making to finals in one of the tournaments in Adelaide (or if I end up traveling).
It should get recorded cause one of the real threats holds a video capture device for recording matches.

I've been working on climbing my way to be a top threat.
I would like to post some replays of some of my technical stuff or play online although I have internet issues.

Piece guys! I'll be likely to look back on this Pikachu forum more thoroughly later and see if I can learn anything new.

Last edited:

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
This is part two of my "Pikachu Training" video series. Here, I am fighting characters I find annoying to play against, as a Pikachu main; so the likes of Shiek and Sonic are in this video.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
Well looky here, looks like i have more pika vids.
(Thunder away!)

Passion

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mankazi
3DS FC
0619-6457-2346

Username: @ Passion Passion
In-Game name: ñ
3DS Friend Code: 0619 - 6457 - 2346
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: Blue Party Hat / Thug Yellow Hat

This is my first reply posted here, I wanted some critique on my Pikachu and this could be provide some insight into facing against Mewtwo. This match was setup via Smashboards. This is the last match out of 3, I had forgotten to save the reply of the 1st, and the 2nd is still being processed.

Side Note: Skullbash (1:33) (2:04), Dair (2:09), and SD at the end were all accidental or wifi related. :.<

Last edited:

Dashie

Smash Cadet
South Australia Fighting Game Club round 1 (monthly) @ The Arena Adelaide
The players take a toll on my nerves. :p
I'll be sure to be more prepared next time.
Not all my matches will be recorded, although if I end up wanting to I'll upload whatever ones I can (/want) to.

Last edited:

Nyjin

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3179-6397-7213
I'm a Pikachu from SoCal. One of the only ones, actually. Here's a few matches from a tournament in San Diego last weekend (Customs On). I am also the Fox at the end of the VOD, losing to the #1 Ranked Norcal/#9 Socal Player Ito's Metaknight.

First Set: Marky (Sonic) vs Nyjin (Pikachu)

Starts at 00:57:45

Second Set: Serudos (ZSS) vs Nyjin (Pikachu)

Starts at 01:02:00

http://www.twitch.tv/sdsmashbros/b/657744728

Last edited:

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
Hi im a pikachu main from argentina(is a country in south america). im looking for some advice. this games are friendlies against a friend. please critique.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2B7kJ5RHUQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXDrWbACJtk
You gave the dark pit too much respect offstage. Don't let him come back for free
If you are respecting the side B, then throw a jolt at it, Pit will fly upwards and it stuck in massive lag which allows you to punish it extremely hard. I am not saying pit should never grab the ledge, but you get a LOT of reward for challenging him offstage. His side B is the only thing that you should fear at all. After a certain point, he cannot side B anymore, react to his up B and hit it with almost any aerial. You also let him back to the stage for free instead of pressuring him and keeping him on the ledge

You died at the end just because you jumped to the stage, It is always safer to quick attack to the ledge.

The pit main in my region always tells me to throw lots of jolts at the pits, they have to come to you. You died at an early percent because you nair'd his shield (Personally, I think it is better to Full hop Nair at kill percents, if you are gonna nair, since it is safe on shield and gives you an escape option.). It may have been smarter to hold your lead and play passive.

Slice~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
risuno
Does anyone know where I can find more stuff of this Pika?

Apparently his name is "Kaeguro".
Anyone got a clue who he is?

Cassio

Smash Master
@ Pikabunz Pikabunz I saw another set of you vs Megafox.

I think the biggest issue you have vs him is you try to anticipate too much. He runs around the stage being mobile, shielding and waiting for you to do something. Then you do something. Then he hits you. Try using your own ground and platform movement to corner him or make him commit to something without committing so much yourself.

Also try using angled ftilts to edgeguard. It might not always hit, but it has low lag so you can keep your advantage.

Top Bottom