• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Black and White (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
I mean, look at Zoroark and Zorua. Kitsune exactly like ninetales. Geez. Come on Nintendo, they're basically the same! Just look at them!

Get something right for once, Gamefreak. :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
The point about the starters is I'd like to see something brand new and not what they've done (reptile Grass starters anyone?), the Wotter is the only one I remotely like but he's still kind of lame.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I'd also like to point out that the grass snake is our first Banana pokemon, which is pretty sweet.

But yeah, you can look at it as "This animal has existed before" all you want, but there are only so many animals and many more Pokémon...I think Baycon has already clearly differentiated itself from Swinub and Spoink's families. That'd be like complaining because Machop and Mewtwo are too similar due to both being humanoid. There's a clear difference there, despite having the same physical basis.

I feel like Wotter is the least creative of all of the Pokémon we've seen so far and you seem to be saying "It's an animal that's yet to be done so it's better than the rest".

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Again, I like Sea Otters so he gets props for that.

Although lame he's still the only one I kind of looked forward too, as it was something new.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Ehhhh I don't know if I would count that. Its a tree, not just a banana.
It's a banana tree. I think it counts. :p

Wait, Mewtwo isn't a cat?
He has feline features, but he's humanoid.

I can give a better example, but I think you get my point. You could make something have a lemur base and make it look nearly identical to Chimchar and it wouldn't be creative just because lemurs have never been done before in Pokémon.

Smugleaf may be a grass reptile and a snake, but doesn't look that similar to Treecko or Ekans.

Baycon may be a pig, but doesn't look anything like Swinub and is only slightly reminiscent of Grumpig, something which will likely be mended with its evolutions.

Meanwhile, Wotter is somewhat reminiscent of Buizel, even though it is a new species.

I disagree with classifying anything that's a new species as more creative. I think all of the Pokémon thus far are pretty creative, but I find Wotter least creative.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I didn't expect so much debate >_>

It's not a game breaker for me, I'm still going to buy it everything else they've said about the game excites me.

True about the starters' evolutions.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I didn't expect so much debate >_>

It's not a game breaker for me, I'm still going to buy it everything else they've said about the game excites me.

True about the starters' evolutions.
^ This.

Or just do what I did when I didn't like the Ruby starters initially: catch a Ralts and box that starter.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Because they're lame and not awesome

Smugleaf is just barely, and I mean BARELY a step up from being as lame as Treecko
Baycon is probably going to end up being Mamoswine with just fire
Zoroark and Zoura are going to be the next Lucario and Riolu (and they're kitsune, exactly the same design for Ninetails is just with more zazz)
1. Well I'd call that a good thing considering how NOT lame Treecko is. He's awesome more or less for the same reason Wotter is "awesome": He hadn't been done before.
2. ...Except Mamoswine is more elephant than pig.
3. You DO know the difference between a humanoid and a 4-legged animal, RIIIGHT?

EDIT: But moving on. I'm sure it'll be actually worthwhile when it evolves. It can't be worthless forever, right?
Skitty

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I still think they need to make a psuedo-legendary 3 stage evolution fossil T-Rex Rock/Dragon type Pokemon.

Seriously, I've been dreaming of this Pokemon for ages.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
1. Well I'd call that a good thing considering how NOT lame Treecko is.
Facepalm.jpg

He's awesome more or less for the same reason Wotter is "awesome": He hadn't been done before.
Wotter isawesome because he is a sea otter

2. ...Except Mamoswine is more elephant than pig.
Both Swinub and Piloswine are hogs, what I meant was it'd be around the same final evolution

3. You DO know the difference between a humanoid and a 4-legged animal, RIIIGHT?
In terms of media hype, ffs.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I was hoping for that from Aerodactyl.

Guess whose dreams were crushed for three generations? :bee:

You're still arguing. You didn't facepalm hard enough. /joke

But yeah. So if the WHOLE 5th generation were weird looking clown-nosed sea otters, you'd be happy? I see a flaw there. A...psychological flaw, over everything.

Piloswine and Swinub, true. But the body of Mamoswine...yeah. I picture Pokabu being more like GRUMPIG with fire. FYI.

Yeah... I could hype a spoon and a lawn mower, but when I compare the two, someone's gonna point out the problem. (Before you say anything, I know, Lucario and Zoroark are more like an apple and an orange.)

majora_787

Smash Hero
If the 5th Gen is just 150 Jigglypuff's, it'll be the perfect generation.
See, now we have a voice of reason here. Jigglypuffs. BRILLIANT. Who knows what wonders will appear in the metagame with that. Every party will have five resters and a resting lead! Oh snap!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
You're still arguing. You didn't facepalm hard enough. /joke
All this started because I was saying that I liked Wotter more than any other Pokemon revealed thus far. I agree with CRASHiC, the controversy surrounding this is ********.

But yeah. So if the WHOLE 5th generation were weird looking clown-nosed sea otters, you'd be happy?
No, the fact that you're even implying this is beyond me beyond trying to make a failed joke.

I see a flaw there. A...psychological flaw, over everything.
lol what are you just coming out of middle school or something?

Piloswine and Swinub, true. But the body of Mamoswine...yeah. I picture Pokabu being more like GRUMPIG with fire. FYI.
The quadrupedal starters usually have huge final forms, Venasaur, Meganium, Marshtomp, Torterra, which I why I was speculating for a huge bipedal final form.

Yeah... I could hype a spoon and a lawn mower, but when I compare the two, someone's gonna point out the problem.
They're different things with the same role, to hype the new games in a film with them as the saving grace, it's just like Lucario. No doubt we will see more and more of them.

To save from further stupidity I will just leave Lucario alone, not like last time.....

majora_787

Smash Hero
All this started because I was saying that I liked Wotter more than any other Pokemon. I agree with CRASHiC, the controversy surrounding this is ********.

No, the fact that you're even implying this is beyond me.

lol what are you just coming out of middle school or something?

The bipedal starters usually have huge final forms, Blastoise, Venasaur, Meganium, Marshtomp, Torterra, which I why I was speculating for a huge bipedal final form.

They're different things with the same role, to hype the new games in a film with them as the saving grace, it's just like Lucario. No doubt we will see more and more of them.

To save from further stupidity I will just leave Lucario alone, not like last time.....
2. I won't even explain it to you, it would take too long and you wouldn't understand.

3. Insulting me without being able to capitalize your sentences is a VERY bad debate tactic. It's just making you look silly.

4. Don't most starters have huge final forms in general?

5. LEAVE LUCARIO ALONE! Okay... Back to being serious.

Before you continue resulting to insults, I'll just be the better person and ignore you until you stop arguing.

BACK to the previous actual subject, I would love for the 5th generation to give Aerodactyl a family. That'd be pretty sweet.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Saying that I have psychological flaws and saying that I couldn't "understand" something as stupid as "So if the WHOLE 5th generation were weird looking clown-nosed sea otters, you'd be happy?" despite the fact that I've already said that I don't like Wotter that much, and then complaining that I'm insulting you because I was accusing you of being young because of childish comments is quite a larf.

lol is always lower case even at the start of a sentence.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The bipedal starters usually have huge final forms, Blastoise, Venasaur, Meganium, Marshtomp, Torterra, which I why I was speculating for a huge bipedal final form.
Wait, I'm confused. Not all of those are bipedal starters...and not all of those are bipedal final forms either...and Baycon isn't bipedal either...

I'm really confused, can you explain what you were trying to say there?

Nevertheless...can we go one day without a heated debate about how people perceive things in Pokémon games?

Some people like the Pokémon, some people don't, some people only like some of them; rather than getting angry at each other because of it, can we just move on? (This isn't directed at anyone in particular.)

EDIT: Mewter, this is the second time you ninja'd me (with almost the exact same post!) about the heated debate going on. Stop ninja-ing me! :mad:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Wait, I'm confused. Not all of those are bipedal starters...and not all of those are bipedal final forms either...and Baycon isn't bipedal either...

I'm really confused, can you explain what you were trying to say there?
"Bipedal" was a slip of the tongue, I meant "quadrupedal". My bad.

Anyways I'm just expecting a big Mamoswine-esque Final evolution, just the way I sees it. If I'm wrong I just cannot wait for the inevitable "LOL YOUR WRONG ITS AWESOME NOT LIKE [Wotter's final form]" that I will get in this thread.

Not really a debate more just like "Yeah Wotter's really the only one I like "NO!!!! WOTTER SUCKS NOT [other pokemon]"

majora_787

Smash Hero
Mewter IS a ninja, he can't help it.

But in seriousness... I'm gonna place a guess here. I'd say... 600-610 pokemon this generation. Just a total guess.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
See, now we have a voice of reason here. Jigglypuffs. BRILLIANT. Who knows what wonders will appear in the metagame with that. Every party will have five resters and a resting lead! Oh snap!
Jigglypuff sure, just make sure you got an everstone on the *****, other wise it becomes the dumbest evolution of all time.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah that's exactly how you reacted then too. Chill and take a(n obvious) sarcastic remark.

I don't recall giving any argument, only my opinion from the get go. Name me one post in here that isn't that person's opinion when it comes to the new Pokemon.

srsly guys it's just a ****ing pokemon game calm the hell down

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
You too (nice Neverhood pic) but something tells me I shouldn't have, everyone hates me when it comes to Gen III and on :/
I don't hate you.

To be honest, I kinda skipped over the argument for the last few pages because well... there are cooler things about Black and White to talk about, and I am waiting patiently for them.

Like discussing the chances of poor ol' delibird gettin an evo...

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Because they're lame and not awesome
I called you out on this being nothing more than an opinion. Then you got all defensive and mentioned my liking of console FPSs, which wasn't even relevant to what I was saying. You seem like a very argumentative person, so I think YOU need to chill sir.

Oh and I don't hate anyone.

But seriously.

Go fall off a mountain.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I called you out on this being nothing more than an opinion. Then you got all defensive and mentioned my liking of console FPSs, which wasn't even relevant to what I was saying. You seem like a very argumentative person, so I think YOU need to chill sir.
So I suppose I added ":p" for no reason? That's about as universal as "jk"

Oh and I don't hate anyone.

But seriously.

Go fall off a mountain.
lol

C'mon, amirite guise?
Yeah, for me at least. My girlfriend is the opposite, she thinks pretty much all of them are cute.

UberMario

Smash Master
Man whoever made that drew the neck fluff huge! 0_o

Wotter is actually my favorite design for the 5th gen, followed sighyly by Baycon then Grinleaf. *getsshot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom