• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I present to you
This

I have nothing else to say...

You know what I just noticed that makes me laugh? The purple charmander 3 pokemon from the top has clouds that makes it look like its farting XD. I know its immature, but I do enjoy bathroom humor XD

Also there is a little blue dot in the middle. It bothers me because.... I dunno it just does XD

EDIT:

NEW SPRITE :D

I call it Evil Iggleh

Beware the iggleh :mad:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Iggleh would be Normal / Ghost. That would be an amazing Little Cup Pokemon, if you ask me.

Access to Igglybuff's wide movepool would make it an even better sweeper than Gastly.

-Terywj

A_man13

Smash Master
You know what I just noticed that makes me laugh? The purple charmander 3 pokemon from the top has clouds that makes it look like its farting XD. I know its immature, but I do enjoy bathroom humor XD

Also there is a little blue dot in the middle. It bothers me because.... I dunno it just does XD

EDIT:

NEW SPRITE :D

I call it Evil Iggleh

Beware the iggleh :mad:

Ghastly, what have we told you about impersonating pokemon?

You made Ambigutor?

You are a great man. I can't even begin to tell you how much joy that sprite has brought to the DR.
Yup, thanks for the coment. Glad everyone likes it just as much as I do.

A_man13

Smash Master
Unless you are using explosion. In which case, hit em well the first time and pray there isn't a cresselia waiting in the wings...

A_man13

Smash Master
Darkrah is teh n00ber-uber! Butt if u canz usors Darkrah, I usess funny goat-ballernina one.

Well, now that I've gotten all of my grammer errors out for the next month, lets move back to grammerically correct english.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Much more epic than a washing machine, microwave, lawnmower, and fridge, Combee rotom coming your way

YAY!!! New raichu revamp :D

And then Raichu got obliterated by this epic piece of pokemon

WHOO HOO!!! Quadruple sprite time :D^^

Common guys you gotta post, cuz now I got quintuple :O!!!

Its a Remoraid revamp

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Wow that combee is awesome.
You've come far when it comes to splicing.
you went from
"i can't splice for crap*(well thats what you said )
to"look at mah awesome combeh"
nice work, you've improved a lot.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow that combee is awesome.
You've come far when it comes to splicing.
you went from
"i can't splice for crap*(well thats what you said )
to"look at mah awesome combeh"
nice work, you've improved a lot.
*as he takes his award*

Tank you mon, I'd also like to thank Spired for giving me the tutorial that just motivated me to keep going.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
*We are the champions plays in the background*
seriously that combee is pretty epic, I need to make another sprite!
Wow really? I was really iffy about it, but I guess since you like it, its ok!

Its a combo of Shedinja and Starly, so I guess it's supposed to be called Sharly or something?

I'm also iffy about this one... its the wings really

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
*as he takes his award*

Tank you mon, I'd also like to thank Spired for giving me the tutorial that just motivated me to keep going.
Yeah roach, those are great! You have come far in such a short time.

And don't just thank me. It was JOE! who made the thread in the first place to help new spriters (and maybe even some of the more experienced). For any of you who are wondering what roach and I are talking about, here is JOE!'s thread. Maybe it can help others like it did roach.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah roach, those are great! You have come far in such a short time.

And don't just thank me. It was JOE! who made the thread in the first place to help new spriters (and maybe even some of the more experienced). For any of you who are wondering what roach and I are talking about, here is JOE!'s thread. Maybe it can help others like it did roach.
Yeah, the thing that got me most of the time was whether or not you were allowed to rotate body parts, which I guess it was. Although there are several I will never, ever, EVER be able to fuse together like: Nidoqueen/Nidoking, Snorlax/Dusknoir

Their poses are so radically different I have no idea how to fuse them... Most of the ones I've done is because their sprites are in similar poses, or the body parts are just easy to paste on to the other one

Also, Im thinking of putting one of my sprites as my avi, but I have no idea which one I'd like on it... Its between Esbreon, Combee Rotom, Clegglytuff, and Vostly... Hmmmm....

Mewter

Smash Master
W00t, Roacherman!
Love the sprites! Especially the Votlumarill!

Keep them coming! :)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Alright I'm not gonna lie but I was expecting an Electrode with Shedinja's wings and crown thing.

The coloring is hilarious though, but the eyes annoy me. The mouth is great, however. :)

Let's see what Riddle has come up with.

-Terywj

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
CELEBII MEW FUSION!
Do. It. Now.
now THAT would be a good avi!
Did you just issue a challenge? I will accept it and make the most epic sprite that has ever been known

I call it Mewlebi!

I'm a little iffy on this one. The right foot I had to get from its 1st gen sprite and had to revamp it... I am still a little iffy. If it doesnt look good I will just take off the feet.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
It was a challenge and an idea for an avi
and i LOVE IT
that is amazing 5/5 for sure
youre really good at this now.
Ive improved a little but eh...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It was a challenge and an idea for an avi
and i LOVE IT
that is amazing 5/5 for sure
youre really good at this now.
Ive improved a little but eh...
And thank you for giving me the idea for my avi... I still like Vostly and Clegglytuff... they are just pure win. I showed my friend who is also into pokemon my sprites and he was open mouthed about this. He said he didn't believe I made them... XD

Anyways, aving this. At least it saved me the trouble of having to ask someone else to do it and see if it came out like I envisioned it... XD.

Man I tell you the real challenge were the feet. I almost gave up on them since I couldn't find a good sprite that shows the bottom of the foot. Then I remembered that the pokemon yellow version showed it so I just revamped it and put it on...

The tail was a minor challenge, I just had to find the right angle that would actually show it HAD a tail... other than that, it was pretty easy... it had ears too, but I accidentally blended them in with the skin XD

Someone ask me to do something else, I am bored

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Anyone have a challenge for me?
ideas?
And Roacherman, I think you may wanna give custom spriting a try. I think you could get really good at it. If you don't know WHAT you want to sprite, I have a crapload of concept art just waiting to be turned into pixely goodness.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
... I tried several times, but the way I feel about scratch spriting the way I felt before Spired helped me out with JOE!'s tut...

I just wouldn't have any idea WHERE to start. When I do get the hang of it, I will start posting scratch sprites regularly...

Mewter

Smash Master
I'm an amateur scratcher, but I guess I can help you with scratching a bit. :)

Mewter

Smash Master
;_;
Or yeah, you can just follow the guide. Go, young grasshopper, and learn!

But you can always come back for critique! :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Mewter

Smash Master
Well then, your assignment is to scratch Igglybuff, but only by referencing it, and not using a smidgen of the actual sprite.

Then your next assignment is to sprite IgglyBUFF, with huge muscle arms that you scratched yourself.
The pixel limit is 80x80, and remember that Pokemon sprites often only use 3 shades for each color on the Pokemon.

Return when you have finished. :)

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Thanks, they are for a fan game i am working on. Unfortunately I could never find someone that could sprite. I can fuse sprites, but thats nothing to good ol' fashioned scratch sprites.

Top Bottom