• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pocket Monsters Inc. (The General Spriting Thread)

Mewter

Smash Master
Shhh man, you'll blow my cover! :p

Yeah, their sprites are pretty creative. :)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well then, your assignment is to scratch Igglybuff, but only by referencing it, and not using a smidgen of the actual sprite.

Then your next assignment is to sprite IgglyBUFF, with huge muscle arms that you scratched yourself.
The pixel limit is 80x80, and remember that Pokemon sprites often only use 3 shades for each color on the Pokemon.

Return when you have finished. :)
I'll probably get it done tomorrow oh great Mewter.

Anyways made a Wuirtle ^^

Krypt222

Smash Cadet
Thats perrty good Charmander. You know my brother did a kinda scratch before. He wanted an evolution for Farfetch'd so he did it. I think its called soemthing like Aut'ther or something. Its freakin awesome! Hmmm... If I could find it Id totally post it. >>

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Thats perrty good Charmander. You know my brother did a kinda scratch before. He wanted an evolution for Farfetch'd so he did it. I think its called soemthing like Aut'ther or something. Its freakin awesome! Hmmm... If I could find it Id totally post it. >>

This?

Oh, yeah, IC3R made this and posted it in the SWF-Dex Thread.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I'd like to see a Muk/Nidoking splice please.

I want to see what people come up with. <3

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I better not see a User Blog by Krypt any time soon involving a couple of kids shooting IC3R because he tried to protect a couple of girls. Otherwise, I just might rage.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I would, but I'm busy recreating Igglybuff.

Also @ mewter, do I have to create the pose of igglybuff or can I just recreate the D/P/Pt pose?

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

This is the scratch sprite I made of igglybuff. I did not paste any parts on this sprite it was made solo.

Looks a lot like this right?

Mewter

Smash Master
A more original pose would be (even) better. It would be less copying and more, well, scratch. That's the entire purpose behind scratching.
Good job, though. :)

Edit: Firus, Spire, Meta-Kirby, and everyone else that was in this shop was/is a better spriter than me.
I feel bad giving advice. :\

Edit edit:
Oh, and Bowser King.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Really? **** I will make a more original one next time.

No I will not do a gallade. I am done scratch spriting for a few hours, I will get to it later... after I'm done with igglyBUFF

I got bored and made this!

Caterpie Two its called

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
I think it'd be better if you just substituted the head w/ Caterpie's head.
And some of the colors are off.

But that's a great concept lol.

And thanks Firus.
I'd do it myself but nowadays I get half way through the sprite and don't finish it. Ugh.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I know you mean the legs...

I had no idea how to color those... its not the best sprite I've done, but not the worst one either.... if you look at my first ever sprite you would know that this is at least 10 times better than that.... thing

I did a new fusion in my anticipation of HG/SS

I call it Lu-Gi-Oh!

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I know you mean the legs...

I had no idea how to color those... its not the best sprite I've done, but not the worst one either.... if you look at my first ever sprite you would know that this is at least 10 times better than that.... thing

I did a new fusion in my anticipation of HG/SS

I call it Lu-Gi-Oh!

Iseewatudidthar!
yeah, lu-gi-oh, referencing probably the worst thing to happen in existance IMO
oh well, sprite is good *awesomeface*

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
If you question why the outline is red, its because I decided it looked better like that anyways.

I love this sprite. One of my friends really wanted to see a Lu-Gi-Oh! so I made it for my excitement AND for him XD

Man this just made me excited for SS again :mad:

I swear I am getting headaches from the anticipation. I've already have had to take aspirins to calm myself down

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
HGSS

First you'll be all :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Then you'll :oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Then you'll be all "K whatevz"

The hype of the game died down for me once I started resetting for a Timid Latios.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
No, no, no.

You see, I believe the nostalgia factor will strike when I regain my old pokemon party, thus making the experience much more memorable for me

Plus the other factor is that I had Silver when I was 5. Even though I had no idea how to complete the game (and the fact that after a year I got it I realized that there was a save option XD) finally being able to finish will make it even more memorable

Plus more legendaries = ZAWEZOME!

:D

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
The hype of the game died down for me once I started resetting for a Timid Latios.
But the fun of the game is dulled when you put competive aspects in it. The game itself is the fun part. If you wanna go through some long, competitive battling thing, thats what shoddys for i guess.
I personaly prefer regular wifi, but people here seem to like shoddy better >.>

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Done with Muk/Nidoking. It was more difficult than I expected.

Its name is Mukking. That's right. It was the only real way to merge the two names.

Also as a bonus sprite which I made in response to someone telling me Castform is not amazing:

:mad:form.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So I guess this makes me basically the only person who isn't having a nerdgasm (or at least hasn't, in Ulti's case) over this. Sure it'll be fun and I'll probably spend lots of time playing it, but for the most part I'm not actually excited over its soon-release.

Although to be honest, I'm probably more excited about the Pokewalker than the actual game anyway. It's probably what is going to keep me playing it for a long, long time.

EDIT: Dang, Firus's post makes mine look off-topic now. :( As for that Muk/Nidoking sprite, I really like it. :) Amazing name too. My only issue with it really may be the lines through the body. They look awkward. :\ I'm assuming that's unavoidable though, due to Nidoking's structure.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So I guess this makes me basically the only person who isn't having a nerdgasm (or at least hasn't, in Ulti's case) over this. Sure it'll be fun and I'll probably spend lots of time playing it, but for the most part I'm not actually excited over its soon-release.

Although to be honest, I'm probably more excited about the Pokewalker than the actual game anyway. It's probably what is going to keep me playing it for a long, long time.
I feel this... I want that pokewalker ^^

Well except for the part that I'm not excited for the game, because I am

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

Nah, I'm with you there. I'm looking forward to playing it, but I'm not really flipping out or anything over it.

EDIT: Dang, Firus's post makes mine look off-topic now. :( As for that Muk/Nidoking sprite, I really like it. :) Amazing name too. My only issue with it really may be the lines through the body. They look awkward. :\ I'm assuming that's unavoidable though, due to Nidoking's structure.
Which lines do you mean, the sludge lines or the lines along his chest?

That Mukking Mukking sprite is Mukking awesome.

But what about my Weezing / Muk request? D:

-Terywj
I saw the Nidoking/Muk request first. If I have time I may do it tomorrow, since I'm a little burned out on spriting right now.

------

I also added a new archive post for my post-TCPS sprites, linked to in the OP.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

A revamp I made to demonstrate one of my friends how to sprite XD

And to think about 2 weeks ago I was the one requesting help XD

I just hope he doesnt ask me about scratching XD

EDIT: Added a new splice

Call it Crothim

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Which lines do you mean, the sludge lines or the lines along his chest?
The sludge lines. And now that I look at it again it may be that there are just a few too many of them. But whatever it is, it's enough to REALLY stick out to me.

Top Bottom